PDA

View Full Version : So, this is out there...

David Jamieson
11-24-2011, 02:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VrQKN.jpg

sanjuro_ronin
11-24-2011, 03:36 PM
I once had watermelon flavoured pear, but I think that wasn't on purpose !
My personally favourite must be chocolate flavoured punany :D

hskwarrior
11-24-2011, 03:49 PM
I had some......it really does tastes like its name.....but i like blood oranges

hskwarrior
11-24-2011, 03:50 PM
I once had watermelon flavoured pear, but I think that wasn't on purpose !
My personally favourite must be chocolate flavoured punany

i KNEW YOU LIKED BLACK GIRLS......YOU LOOK THE TYPE HAHAHA

sanjuro_ronin
11-24-2011, 03:57 PM
i KNEW YOU LIKED BLACK GIRLS......YOU LOOK THE TYPE HAHAHA

Hey, I love me some nubian muff pie, but that wasn't what I meant !
:D

Xiao3 Meng4
11-24-2011, 04:08 PM
I wonder, would it ferment to cider, or wine?

hskwarrior
11-24-2011, 04:32 PM
nubian muff pie

more like fur burgers.....LOL

David Jamieson
11-25-2011, 06:17 AM

I think it ferments to side control, an armbar and a rnc if you leave it long enough.

Syn7
11-26-2011, 05:57 PM

i cant bring myself to eat this kinda ****... and if you dont think you can make liks outta any fruit or veg youre crazy. mo sugar, mo liquor :D

i like hot apple cider, that stuff puts me down....

Xiao3 Meng4
11-26-2011, 06:05 PM
i cant bring myself to eat this kinda ****... and if you dont think you can make liks outta any fruit or veg youre crazy. mo sugar, mo liquor :D

Oh, I have no doubt that it'll make liquor... I was wondering WHAT KIND of liquor it would make: Something that tastes like Cider, or something that tastes like Wine?

I expect the color would be more like Cider, the taste more like Wine... I'll have to try it out someday.

I'm just finishing up brewing three jugs right now... One Apple/Grape/Plum/Cranberry/Pomegranate mix and one Apple/Grape/Pomegranate/Wild-Berry mix, both w/ Demerrara sugar; and one Blueberry/Pomegranate mix with Corn sugar.

Syn7
11-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Oh, I have no doubt that it'll make liquor... I was wondering WHAT KIND of liquor it would make: Something that tastes like Cider, or something that tastes like Wine?

I expect the color would be more like Cider, the taste more like Wine... I'll have to try it out someday.

I'm just finishing up brewing three jugs right now... One Apple/Grape/Plum/Cranberry/Pomegranate mix and one Apple/Grape/Pomegranate/Wild-Berry mix, both w/ Demerrara sugar; and one Blueberry/Pomegranate mix with Corn sugar.

interesting... at home or at a u-brew? i used to make it with my grampa all the time. been awhile tho... i could get into that. i still have the gear i need to do it.

Xiao3 Meng4
11-26-2011, 06:30 PM
At home... Making fruit wine is stupidly easy. Making GOOD wine, a bit more technical but really not that much harder. Making Rice wine... haven't been successful w/ that yet. The last batch I tried to make ended up smelling like cheese and dirty socks.

One of the key factors is the Yeast. In the past, I used plain baker's yeast... the results were ok, but the alcohol content was low - about 8-10%. I didn't let it settle for long enough either, so it had a yeasty aftertaste.

I discovered that Gluten-Free yeast yielded a higher alcohol content and had less aftertaste, but the settling process seems to take even longer than baker's yeast.

This year I went to a homebrew store and bought myself a packet of wine yeast. It was actually cheaper than the baker's yeast or the gluten free yeast - $0.49 a packet! I used it on the Blueberry/Pomegranate mix. It's settling in a secondary container in the fridge right now. For a bit of comparison, I've used the Gluten free yeast on the other two mixes. One of them is in secondary, and I've Freeze-Distilled the third one - Freeze Distillation is easy and produces a nice liqeur. It's settling now and should be ready to drink in a week or so. I'm hoping the others are ready by Christmas.

One of the things I want to try soon is to harvest Wild Yeast (http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/1980-09-01/Foraging-For-Wild-Yeast.aspx). Besides the survival uses of being able to collect Mana from Heaven ;) , I'd like to try making wine out of it.

P.S. What's a U-Brew?

Syn7
11-29-2011, 07:59 PM
At home... Making fruit wine is stupidly easy. Making GOOD wine, a bit more technical but really not that much harder. Making Rice wine... haven't been successful w/ that yet. The last batch I tried to make ended up smelling like cheese and dirty socks.

One of the key factors is the Yeast. In the past, I used plain baker's yeast... the results were ok, but the alcohol content was low - about 8-10%. I didn't let it settle for long enough either, so it had a yeasty aftertaste.

I discovered that Gluten-Free yeast yielded a higher alcohol content and had less aftertaste, but the settling process seems to take even longer than baker's yeast.

This year I went to a homebrew store and bought myself a packet of wine yeast. It was actually cheaper than the baker's yeast or the gluten free yeast - $0.49 a packet! I used it on the Blueberry/Pomegranate mix. It's settling in a secondary container in the fridge right now. For a bit of comparison, I've used the Gluten free yeast on the other two mixes. One of them is in secondary, and I've Freeze-Distilled the third one - Freeze Distillation is easy and produces a nice liqeur. It's settling now and should be ready to drink in a week or so. I'm hoping the others are ready by Christmas.

One of the things I want to try soon is to harvest Wild Yeast (http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/1980-09-01/Foraging-For-Wild-Yeast.aspx). Besides the survival uses of being able to collect Mana from Heaven ;) , I'd like to try making wine out of it.

P.S. What's a U-Brew?

i made some relatively decent sh1t in the joint out of fruit n bread for the most part. usually apples or potatoes. but we experimented... at one point we(kitchen) got jacked with 40 4L milk jugs full. we got so good at doing it that we started having to give it away rather than the regular barter we made it for in tghe first place. its amazing what a convict will do for a drink.

uummm, u brew is those wine and/or beer joints that supply you with all you need and store it for you during the process then help you bottle it... basically they sell you the ingredients and rent their gear and watch it for you if you arent around. think of it as the liks version of a build-a-bear store...