PDA

View Full Version : Qi Naysayers Dumbells; Gyroscopes

Foiling Fist
11-27-2011, 10:03 AM
The Dynaflex Gyroscopic Dumbbell, uses a rotor that goes up to 13,000 RPMs.

It weighs only 1 pound yet puts out 38 LBS of torque.

Viewed through the constraints of an outside observer, there is no visible mechanical movement.

Attempting to explain it in Newtonian terms is not appropriate either, since the ball does not push against anything, nor does it have a jet.

An analogy in a similar fashion, there is no visible movement when Qi is flowed through the body, and directed into a martial strike.

Shǎguā
11-27-2011, 12:39 PM
The Dynaflex Gyroscopic Dumbbell, uses a rotor that goes up to 13,000 RPMs.

It weighs only 1 pound yet puts out 38 LBS of torque.

Viewed through the constraints of an outside observer, there is no visible mechanical movement.

Attempting to explain it in Newtonian terms is not appropriate either, since the ball does not push against anything, nor does it have a jet.

An analogy in a similar fashion, there is no visible movement when Qi is flowed through the body, and directed into a martial strike.

LOL! Seriously?

Newton's laws of motion can clearly describe the physics of gyroscopes, inertia, rotation, centrifugal and centripetal force.

Not only have you no proper understanding of Qi... it's now obvious that you failed high school physics as well.

Foiling Fist
12-10-2011, 04:05 PM
LOL! Seriously?

Newton's laws of motion can clearly describe the physics of gyroscopes, inertia, rotation, centrifugal and centripetal force.

Blah, Blah.

Of course some of Newton's law describe orbits.

What orbit do you see when you look at the gyroscope that is enclosed in a sphere, dumbell?

The ANALOGY that I was refering to is what can be seen, and what description can be based on the visibly obvious, the apparent.

The hidden in the apparent, is the gyroscope.

This is a common engineering concept called a 'black box' wherein something occurs internaly to change things. IBM is famous for this image in their 'Big Blue Box' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box .

Syn7
12-10-2011, 06:03 PM
whatchu smokin? it can be explained quite simply and quite clearly. the concepts involved arent very deep.

wenshu
12-10-2011, 07:05 PM
http://pichars.org/store/2991_original_f4d35c9c0bcb88fbd2e1874cc6c4598da286 a5bd.gif

Dragonzbane76
12-11-2011, 02:57 AM
wenshu I like the south park version of it myself. :)

Dragonzbane76
12-11-2011, 02:58 AM
FF quit trying to put the mystic into something that can be explained. Maybe your not trying to do that, but from you previous posts I would say you are.

Shǎguā
12-11-2011, 06:35 PM

Of course some of Newton's law describe orbits.

What orbit do you see when you look at the gyroscope that is enclosed in a sphere, dumbell?

The ANALOGY that I was refering to is what can be seen, and what description can be based on the visibly obvious, the apparent.

The hidden in the apparent, is the gyroscope.

This is a common engineering concept called a 'black box' wherein something occurs internaly to change things. IBM is famous for this image in their 'Big Blue Box' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box .

You loon, do you just make up definitions as you go or something?

I never said anything about orbits. The Gyroscopic inertia initially delivered to the gyroscope inside the "gyroscopic dumbell" is continuously fed by the rotational motion of the hand; the axle of the gyroscope rolls along on a circular track inside the sphere, so that given the right rhythm of sphere "rotation", it's possible to maintain the current amount of inertia in the gyroscope indefinitely, or to deliver even more inertia. The more inertia, the more angular momentum; the more angular momentum, the harder it becomes to rotate.

Every aspect of the system is accounted for. The "gyroscopic dumbell" has no black box component whatsoever.

Take one of these things apart before smoking up and spouting off.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuaHOlxlTfSatB0qAqQF-qIph4aeZgA4Ih7-k6d2CQCJveVT9RQg

You might also want to get an education from somewhere other than the Transport Service.

Foiling Fist
12-14-2011, 03:55 PM
All rotation, orbits, and gyroscope is in a housing, obstructing its view from a normal human's eye.

The only way to see the internal workings is to remove housing, or use X-rays etc.
:D

rolls along on a circular track inside the sphere, so that given the right rhythm of sphere "rotation", it's possible to maintain the current amount of inertia in the gyroscope indefinitely, or to deliver even more inertia. The more inertia, the more angular momentum; the more angular momentum, the harder it becomes to rotate.

Every aspect of the system is accounted for. The "gyroscopic dumbell" has no black box component whatsoever.

Take one of these things apart before smoking up and spouting off.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuaHOlxlTfSatB0qAqQF-qIph4aeZgA4Ih7-k6d2CQCJveVT9RQg

You might also want to get an education from somewhere other than the Transport Service.

Syn7
12-15-2011, 04:25 PM
maan, you just keep on going, huh.

i hate it when insecure knowitall geeks just keep digging their hole deeper and deeper. it's like they believe if they talk a cetrain amount of bullsh!t, all the sudden they'll start making sense.

you lost. you lost on your first post. get over it.

Drake
12-15-2011, 04:26 PM
maan, you just keep on going, huh.

i hate it when insecure knowitall geeks just keep digging their hole deeper and deeper. it's like they believe if they talk a cetrain amount of bullsh!t, all the sudden they'll start making sense.

you lost. you lost on your first post. get over it.

You are beating a banned horse.

Lucas
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
wenshu I like the south park version of it myself. :)

i saw that episode that was funny as hell

Syn7
12-15-2011, 04:47 PM
You are beating a banned horse.

oh yeah. i figured he just put that up there like everyone else did.