PDA

View Full Version : Talk about holding grudges....

Brule
11-28-2011, 07:19 AM
I'm sure there's video showing the fight but i can't see it here at work. Weapons included too.....:)

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/cfl/blog/cfl_experts/post/Mosca-Kapp-fight-proves-football-players-don-8?urn=cfl-wp2219

David Jamieson
11-28-2011, 07:25 AM
nope, just loose talk and speculation.

Brule
11-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Yep, saw the video of the function on the CBc news last night. Mosca and Capp were on stage and Mosca was sitting down when Capp approached him, shoved something in his face and all hell breaks loose. It ends with Capp throwing a right hand and connecting with Mosca.

It's real.....

David Jamieson
11-29-2011, 08:11 AM
yep saw it too. Mosca fell off a chair after the other dude shoved him, there were other old dudes running about and setting the chairs back upright etc. Meh. Funny how immaturity can go on right up til you are near dead eh? lol

anyway, here's something much better than old men fighting, enjoy!

http://i.imgur.com/dNFHU.gif

GeneChing
11-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for bringing it to our attention first, Brule

VIDEO: Brawling Senior Citizens, Kapp And Mosca, At Football Reunion (http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/11/29/142892301/video-brawling-senior-citizens-kapp-and-mosca-at-football-reunion)
Categories: The No-Way, Sports
11:27 am
November 29, 2011
by Mark Memmott

Five days later, video of two 70-plus year old guys trading blows on stage during a Canadian Football League alumni luncheon in Vancouver is still getting clicks and still drawing lots of attention from the cable news networks, blogs and websites.

In case you haven't heard, as The Vancouver Sun explained, it seems that former quarterback Joe Kapp and long-retired defensive lineman Angelo Mosca still don't seem to like each other very much.

Kapp, who would go on to quarterback the Minnesota Vikings of the NFL, played for the B.C. Lions of the Canadian league in the early '60s. Mosca was with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. In the 1963 Grey Cup game (the league's championship), Hamilton beat B.C. 21-10 and Mosca became famous (or infamous) for what his rivals say was a late hit on Lions running back Willie Fleming.

Friday at the reunion, the pugnacious Kapp tried to give the equally feisty Mosca some flowers. Mosca didn't like them being waved in his face. He swatted at Kapp's hand. Kapp slapped Mosca's arm. Mosca started swinging his cane. And then things really got wild, with Kapp punching Mosca in the face — sending Mosca tumbling.

There are many copies of the video on the Web. Here's the most-viewed as of now. Note: Mosca does tell Kapp where he can put the flowers, and as you can imagine it's not a vase. So if you don't want to hear a common expletive, don't click play.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports today that Kapp says he apologized to Mosca afterward and says he's not proud of what happened. "I did not start it," Kapp told the newspaper. "I never started a fight in my life. Quarterbacks are supposed to be smarter than that. And I didn't start this one."

From Hamilton, though, TheSpec.com quotes Mosca as saying Kapp was needling him well before the fight. Prior to the luncheon, according to Mosca, "I said 'how are you doing?' He says 'go (expletive) yourself.' "

JOE KAPP
A fight for the aged on YouTube (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/11/29/SPO51M5A6L.DTL)
John Crumpacker, Chronicle Staff Writer
Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Until just recently, Joe Kapp probably did not know what a "YouTube Sensation" was.

Now he is one.

A clip of the 73-year-old Kapp decking fellow septuagenarian Angelo Mosca on Friday night at a Canadian Football League banquet in Vancouver, British Columbia, went viral for the utter absurdity of two old codgers stoking a feud nearly a half-century old. As of 7 p.m. Monday, various versions of the video had received a combined total of nearly 600,000 views.

"How does it look? Good or bad?" Kapp asked The Chronicle on Monday after arriving home from Vancouver. "Ed Nemir, the old boxing coach at Cal, would have been proud of that right cross. He kind of wanted me out for the team, but I was busy playing basketball."

When Kapp retaliated with a right cross to the jaw of Mosca after taking what he said was a swiping blow to the face from Mosca's cane - "On his way down I couldn't resist kicking him in the ass," Kapp said Monday - it rekindled a grudge dating to the 1963 Grey Cup between Kapp's British Columbia Lions and Mosca's Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

Kapp was quarterback of that B.C. team, later going on to lead the Minnesota Vikings to Super Bowl IV. Mosca, then a defensive tackle for the Ti-Cats, later gained a measure of fame as a pro wrestler.

According to Kapp, Mosca delivered a late hit out of bounds to B.C. running back Willie Fleming, who had taken a pitch from his quarterback in that '63 Grey Cup.

"He was already down. It was a cheap shot," Kapp said. "Here comes Mosca and he hits Willie in the head. I got into his face and cursed at him in two languages, English and Spanish. Willie won't talk to him (to this day)."

During Grey Cup week in Vancouver, Kapp and Mosca were among the guests at a CFL alumni banquet, where Mosca was apparently a willing Hatfield to Kapp's McCoy.

"I was sitting at the table and he's mouthing 'F.U.s' to me," Kapp said. "He was a wrestler, a professional bully."

A master of ceremonies later called Kapp and Mosca to the stage, where Mosca could be heard uttering a profanity to Kapp.

"There was a flower arrangement on the table," Kapp said. "I took the flowers up and started to hand it to him on the stage. I was attempting to make peace with the flower arrangement."

Instead, Mosca pushed the flowers away, Kapp swatted the flowers back at Mosca and the seated Mosca started swinging his cane at Kapp.

"He caught me on the side of the head with his cane," Kapp said. "I threw the flowers at him and got him with the right cross and I think another one to his belly."

Kapp said he apologized after he and Mosca were separated, calling the incident "regretful."

"I'm not proud of it," Kapp said. "I did not start it. I never started a fight in my life. Quarterbacks are supposed to be smarter than that. And I didn't start this one."

What he started was a flurry of views on an untold number of computers once the clip was uploaded to the Internet. Kapp has been many things in his life - college and pro football player, college basketball player, Super Bowl quarterback, college head coach, bit actor, restaurateur - and now he can add "viral video star."