PDA

View Full Version : Any members in the Raleigh, NC area?

Addiwei
11-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Hello,
I am a new member to the forum with a variety of martial arts background. Here is a brief summary:

-Trained in wushu for 10 years (trained with Beijing wushu team) hand, weapon forms
-Taichi 24, 42, Chen style, sword form. I taught taichi in Atlanta for a few years
-Trained in boxing in Atlanta, GA with Johnny Gantt for about a year.
-San shou, MMA, etc.

Recently been practicing and trying to hone WC concepts. Interested in meeting up with like-minded local people to exchange ideas, and to practice. Due to work, my preference is to meet either evenings or weekends.

nasmedicine
11-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried:

http://www.rduwingchun.com/
Wing Chun School
8813 Gulf Ct Unit G.
Raleigh, NC 27617
919-781-4199
chainpunch@tough.com

They are a tough bunch down there, you might find something you like.

Phil Redmond
11-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried:

http://www.rduwingchun.com/
Wing Chun School
8813 Gulf Ct Unit G.
Raleigh, NC 27617
919-781-4199
chainpunch@tough.com

They are a tough bunch down there, you might find something you like.
I see that they are from Duncan Leung's teachings. I recommend them for sure.

Addiwei
11-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Thank you for the suggested school. I have checked out the school in the past. It is a fine school. However 2 things are holding me back. The first is schedule. I dont think I could go more than once or twice a week to justify the 100$ monthly fee. Also I have enough martial arts backgound and experience where I don't need to start completely from scratch. Formal training isn't something I am looking for at this point.

With that said, Raleigh isn't exactly a growth area for a huge Chinese population so I understand I may not easily find what I am looking for. I am trying not to sound like an elitist, however there is definitely a portion of WC that requires an understanding of the culture and psychology behind it.

I am looking for people that have practiced WC or other martial arts that are interested in informal meetings to exchange WC ideas. Thanks!