PDA

View Full Version : How to use your Body alignment

Yoshiyahu
12-02-2011, 08:12 PM
How do you use your body alignment to generate power?

what do you do to develop whole body power?

the kuit kuen says:

- The body follows the movement of the hands. The waist and the stance move together.

- Complement the hands with posture to make good use of the centerline.

- Coordinate the hands and feet. Movement is together.

- Short arm bridges and fast steps requires practicing the stance first.

- Turning the stance with a circular movement, will allow superior generation of power.

- The steps follow turning of the body like a cat.

- The posture complements the hands to eject the opponent.

- Unite your waist and stance.

- Coordinate your hands and feet.

- Movements must be agile.

- Chum Kiu trains the stance and the waist; the arm bridge is short and the step is narrow.

- Turning the stance with a circular movement, will allow superior generation of power.

- Power is generated from the joints. Strength originates from the heels.

- The knees lead the stance. The waist links the body. Where the mind goes, the eyes go, and the hands and feet follow.

- Feet and hands work together, and the threat comes to an end.

- In uniting the waist with the stance, power can be generated.

- Use alterations in stepping forward and backward. Hands and feet should be closely coordinated.

Yoshiyahu
12-03-2011, 09:21 AM
how do you practice using body alignment to devliever power?

Vajramusti
12-03-2011, 10:52 AM

---------------------------------------------

Quoting the kuen kuit without a guide does not do much. Each part has to be developed piece by piece and then aligned and the whole structure has to be united. Not a technique and no a simple task...learning wing chun.

trubblman
12-03-2011, 02:06 PM
How do you use your body alignment to generate power?

what do you do to develop whole body power?

Learn to FEEL what your body is doing.

Yoshiyahu
12-09-2011, 09:44 AM
---------------------------------------------

Quoting the kuen kuit without a guide does not do much. Each part has to be developed piece by piece and then aligned and the whole structure has to be united. Not a technique and no a simple task...learning wing chun.

True that i agree with you!

JPinAZ
12-09-2011, 11:51 AM

To answer the question directly, I practice body alignment to deliver power by drilling/sparring with my training partners. This is like asking "how do you fight" or "how do you drive"? It's far to general of a question imo.
can you be more specific?

And I'd agree with Joy on this :eek:, quoting/reading the kuit isn't going to teach you this.

Yoshiyahu
12-09-2011, 11:03 PM
thanks your the first...to really answer....wonderful!

To answer the question directly, I practice body alignment to deliver power by drilling/sparring with my training partners. This is like asking "how do you fight" or "how do you drive"? It's far to general of a question imo.

And I'd agree with Joy on this :eek:, quoting/reading the kuit isn't going to teach you this.

Alan Orr
12-10-2011, 02:56 AM
http://www.alanorr.co.uk/htdocs/articles/formarticle.html

An article for on power.

best Alan

Yoshiyahu
12-22-2011, 03:44 PM

Are there any drills you guys do?