PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Cai Long Yun (蔡龙云) book...

TopCrusader
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Hello! I am looking for a historic book by the famous Cai Long Yun (蔡龙云), the book title is 武术运动基本训练 or Fundamentals of Wushu Training. I am specifically looking for the older editions circa 1958-1962. I like to collect the older editions of famous kung fu books. If anybody could assist me in finding a copy I would really appreciate it. I dont speak/read Chinese really so I cannot buy it myself off of a Chinese website.
Any help would be appreciated. :)
Thanks!

bawang
12-06-2011, 11:55 AM
if u send me 300 dollar western union. i buy u the book.

GeneChing
12-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Especially not an older edition. But here's our cover story on GM Cai from our 2005 November/December (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=624) issue: The Big Dragon with the Magic Fists: China's Great Grandmaster Cai Longyun (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=625).

I hope you find that book. I respect book collectors, especially nowadays.

TopCrusader
12-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Gene, thanks! I appreciate the complement. If I could only read Chinese, things would be much easier. ;)

Bawang - Ive yet to see a helpful post from you. How are you not banned yet?

mickey
12-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Greetings,

Is that the one that feature Tan Tui, Duan Da and Kung Li Chuan along with basic exercises?

That one may be a tall order to get in an first edition. The paper that was used in a lot of the older martial arts books left a lot to be desired. I am talking about cheap pulp paper that hardened and chipped over time. I wish you lots of luck in finding a book in good shape.

mickey

TopCrusader
12-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I think I found the book for sale at a store called www.kongfz.com They have mostly newer editions of the book but a few from 1958, etc! I am not sure if the site is a auction style or just to buy though.

As far as the contents, I know it does contain alot of basic exercises but I am not sure about what forms it shows.