PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recognize this? is it tai chi? IDK

hskwarrior
12-12-2011, 05:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve4DNWAOIFg&feature=g-all

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Not Tai Chi, in any way, shape or form. Looks like some sort of Southenr style to me.

hskwarrior
12-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Not Tai Chi, in any way, shape or form. Looks like some sort of Southenr style to me.

I kinda think it looks like hung ga'ish

HungKuenH
12-13-2011, 03:54 AM
not hung gar kuen...

omarthefish
12-13-2011, 06:00 AM
I dunno. Kind of looks like Hung Gar to me too.

My first thought was that maybe it was Gong Lik Kuen but that doesn't match either. It's no form that I recognize but an awful lot of the individual movements look like Hung Gar to me. Hard to say.

Definitely not Taiji though.

David Jamieson
12-13-2011, 06:15 AM
It's lookin like Shaolin old school style.
Dynamic tension exercise of some sort.

Ben Gash
12-13-2011, 06:38 AM
It's some form of village Hung/Sil Lum I'd say.

mickey
12-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Greetings,

While there are some mechanics that suggest a Lohan Shaolin origin, I sense the man is aware of the camera and is just having fun. He is not about to give it away.

mickey

MightyB
12-13-2011, 08:48 AM
My guess is that it's some form of Karate. Maybe Wado Ryu.

ginosifu
12-13-2011, 09:52 AM
It looks as though he is aware that a ignorant foreigner is video taping and just making stuff up as he goes along. It is apparent that he knows something. However, whatever that style is, I don't know.

He is just playin around with some moves at a Tai Chi speed and pace.

ginosifu

bawang
12-13-2011, 06:34 PM
like guys said above he might have spotted the camera and pretend to do made up tai chi.

TenTigers
12-13-2011, 06:40 PM
some of his movements are from Tiet Sien Kuen, he might just be ad-libbing and just working out doing general movement. Probably an old guy who did Hung Kuen in his youth, doesn't really remember the sequences, but still plays the movements to keep spry. I see plenty of elderly in the parks do similar stuff.

HungKuenH
12-14-2011, 03:02 AM
it doesnt look like old hung kuen as the stances are too wide...i dont see tit sin kuen either unless just because he does something with dynamic tension its tit sin...to me too it looks more like some tai chi moves done with force and some movements resemble karate too.... anyway ...whatever it is the ol chap is fit...:D

Lebaufist
12-14-2011, 07:04 AM
some of his movements are from Tiet Sien Kuen, he might just be ad-libbing and just working out doing general movement. Probably an old guy who did Hung Kuen in his youth, doesn't really remember the sequences, but still plays the movements to keep spry. I see plenty of elderly in the parks do similar stuff. He could just be free styling. Its kinda silly to pontificate on every mental spasm a guy has when he just feels like winging it.

monkey mind
12-15-2011, 04:44 AM
My guess is that it's some form of Karate. Maybe Wado Ryu.

Sorry, it's nothing like Wado.

Yao Sing
12-17-2011, 02:07 PM
It's Southern Freestyle :D

Why is everyone so hung up on forms? You can practice movements without doing an official form.

And I agree he does seem to be playing to the camera.

EarthDragon
12-18-2011, 05:10 PM
wow people love to much to label things,

heres a tip he excersizing.

its like a chinese person coming to american and watching a zoomba class and wondering what kind of american dancing is that?

go practice, stop worrying about silly details on the internet and you might look like him when your half his age.