PDA

View Full Version : Rock filled heavy bags.

phantom
06-04-2001, 05:07 PM
Has anybody here ever used these? If so what advantages/disadvantages do they have over the common sand filled ones? Thank you for any insight that you could give me concerning this topic.

shaolinboxer
06-04-2001, 05:36 PM
That sounds a bit excessive.

IronFist
06-05-2001, 06:22 AM
Yeah dude, rocks will break your hand or feet. Don't do it.

Iron

JWTAYLOR
06-05-2001, 08:28 PM
I'm a pretty hard core guy, but a rock filled bag sounds like as bad idea to me.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

SwaiingDragon
06-05-2001, 11:48 PM
that's like grinding your palm with cheese grater...in stead of conditioning it slowly....

i wouldn't recommend it

bearpaw
06-06-2001, 11:02 AM
We use those bags at our school. I've had the chance to use one since I have not been trained on them but I've watched other people use them. You start off really really soft and work on our striking. Then you slowly work up to do full strikes. I think we refill our bags every six months. The rocks will break down into sand. I do believe that since we practice an interal art that it matters. If you work with the external arts only, I pretty sure it would be a bad idea.