PDA

View Full Version : Another PB clip

Sean66
12-15-2011, 04:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjowfqj0k5c&feature=player_embedded

Amazing speed and accuracy.

Dave P
12-15-2011, 04:45 AM
Very proud of this one as this was in my school last weekend...;-)

k gledhill
12-15-2011, 05:27 AM
Lucky dog Dave ~! nicely done clip.

Vajramusti
12-15-2011, 02:49 PM
The PB clips seem to be basically the same-jusr the locale changes.

Sean66
12-16-2011, 02:55 AM
In the compilation clips, yes. But in the seminar clips, of which this is one, you can see that each time he is focusing on a different working theme.

k gledhill
12-16-2011, 06:33 AM
@ 1:09 1,2, Kick ! :D reminds me of a time in a barfight

sanjuro_ronin
12-16-2011, 07:30 AM

Well, can't that be said of most WC seminar clips?
Forms, dummy ( sometimes) Chi sao.
I always enjoy seeing PB clips but there is nothing "new" in them and they are usually the standard stuff.
I would personally like to see more of his students ( you can tell a lot about a man teaching skill by his students of course) and it would be nice to see some actual fighting, BUT seminars are just that, seminars.

Jansingsang
12-16-2011, 07:40 AM
I agree with Sean i find the clips to be very informative as I am from the wsl family also Philip is a genius in my opinion ln how he applys the principles with skill and conviction.

Conpaired to a lot of so called Sifus ,grandmasters walking round in there pyjamers and can't do Sh%t ive met him i find him to be a humble man

Unlike one or two of his students on this forum

This fella knows Ving tsun kung fu period !

k gledhill
12-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Guilty......as charged, I lost my humble when I was blatantly accused of fantasy fu when I tried to openly share philipps vt from wsl. Terence et al .....
If you met philipp you can see clearly what I tried to convey....genius at work.

Vajramusti
12-16-2011, 09:25 AM
I agree with Sean i find the clips to be very informative as I am from the wsl family also Philip is a genius in my opinion ln how he applys the principles with skill and conviction.

Conpaired to a lot of so called Sifus ,grandmasters walking round in there pyjamers and can't do Sh%t ive met him i find him to be a humble man

Unlike one or two of his students on this forum

This fella knows Ving tsun kung fu period !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like PB's approach. I see no problem. Good luck and good wishes.

joy chaudhuri

Jansingsang
12-16-2011, 10:53 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like PB's approach. I see no problem. Good luck and good wishes.

joy chaudhuri

Much appreciated Mr Joy I must say although i said , admire Philips ethic and strategic approach, there's still areas ive not fully seen Ie .. In regard to the Controlling aspect, we both know exist within Ving tsun Kungfu ..

Apart from the last clip ,when he seized the elbow and walked the guy ..lol This was one of the aspects that impressed me ... That's why i Proclaimed this guy knows Ving tsun :D Directness Simplicity Efficiency I do it.. i Feel it .

We all recognize IT when we see it;) ...

Were all one family.....And we have to Learn to get a long Or .... Move it along :D

Jansingsang
12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Guilty......as charged, I lost my humble when I was blatantly accused of fantasy fu when I tried to openly share philipps vt from wsl. Terence et al .....
If you met philipp you can see clearly what I tried to convey....genius at work.

Well Kev you only got yourself to blame, as you come on ere like some blinking Professor of Vingtsun ... Talking about X this and that :D.. Look people on ere been asking for a few's years now Show us What you got Kev ? And still nothing:D

I Briefly saw you on the clip with your guest from Overseas him doing those compliant drills :rolleyes: I thought Wait a min maybe he will Nahhhhh:D

Frost
12-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Well Kev you only got yourself to blame, as you come on ere like some blinking Professor of Vingtsun ... Talking about X this and that :D.. Look people on ere been asking for a few's years now Show us What you got Kev ? And still nothing:D

I Briefly saw you on the clip with your guest from Overseas him doing those compliant drills :rolleyes: I thought Wait a min maybe he will Nahhhhh:D

what happened to those clips..was looking forward to seeing Kevin in action....well hardly action but you know what i mean :D

k gledhill
12-16-2011, 01:02 PM

Never meant to be a VT Nerd :D I just retaliated to TN's constant barrage , mantra of Philipps methods being 'fantasy fu' I made up.
Of course its confusing if you havent experienced PB yourself.
BUT I shared nicely and tried to play nice regardless.
:D

k gledhill
12-16-2011, 01:05 PM
what happened to those clips..was looking forward to seeing Kevin in action....well hardly action but you know what i mean :D

Read my mind.....:)

sanjuro_ronin
12-16-2011, 01:07 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/626/197/BiaandBrancaFeres-swimming_display_image.jpg?1294705111

Frost
12-16-2011, 01:09 PM

i tried but i dont have those kind of thoughts about another man like you doabout PB......he would be shocked im sure he doesnt go for that kind of thing :eek:

Jansingsang
12-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Never meant to be a VT Nerd :D I just retaliated to TN's constant barrage , mantra of Philipps methods being 'fantasy fu' I made up.
Of course its confusing if you havent experienced PB yourself.
BUT I shared nicely and tried to play nice regardless.
:D

Fair play too the bloke :cool:Only pulling u chain Kev thought this place needed a joke or too After the Gary lam Nonsense:D

k gledhill
12-16-2011, 01:16 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/626/197/BiaandBrancaFeres-swimming_display_image.jpg?1294705111

no... but who cares what I was thinking about :D

k gledhill
12-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Now I cant stop...:D

sanjuro_ronin
12-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Chi Sao !!:D

Jansingsang
12-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Now I cant stop...:D

Now we Know what you really get upto late at nite Kev Oh please :D

Buddha_Fist
12-16-2011, 11:05 PM

The video shows Philipp's teaching methodology, training specific habits and attributes at a speed that won't allow unrealistic (re)actions to pass as plausible solutions in an exchange - a BS filter if you will.

Vajramusti
12-16-2011, 11:59 PM
The video shows Philipp's teaching methodology, training specific habits and attributes at a speed that won't allow unrealistic (re)actions to pass as plausible solutions in an exchange - a BS filter if you will.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your opinion.

Phil Redmond
12-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Much appreciated Mr Joy I must say although i said , admire Philips ethic and strategic approach, there's still areas ive not fully seen Ie .. In regard to the Controlling aspect, we both know exist within Ving tsun Kungfu ..

Apart from the last clip ,when he seized the elbow and walked the guy ..lol This was one of the aspects that impressed me ... That's why i Proclaimed this guy knows Ving tsun :D Directness Simplicity Efficiency I do it.. i Feel it .

We all recognize IT when we see it;) ...

Were all one family.....And we have to Learn to get a long Or .... Move it along :D
I agree with you. The man has chi sao skills. It would be nice to see clips of how to deal with various attacks. Chi sao clips get old after a while. And I'm glad to hear someone else say we are family.

Phil Redmond
12-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Chi Sao !!:D
Chi cenos....:D

Buddha_Fist
12-17-2011, 10:24 AM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your opinion.

Figured to add more value than just pointing out the locale...

;)

Vajramusti
12-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Figured to add more value than just pointing out the locale...

;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure about what you mean. Of course there is value in what PB does. But there is a lot more to wing chun.. than what I see in the clips.

Jansingsang
12-17-2011, 01:17 PM
I agree with you. The man has chi sao skills. It would be nice to see clips of how to deal with various attacks. Chi sao clips get old after a while. And I'm glad to hear someone else say we are family.

I hear you Mr Phil . Yes it would be more befitting we see a more Comprehensive exhibition, of his strategy, in dealing with resisting opposition per se, in a sparring frame work instead of the Chi Sau platform were so used to seeing nowadays :rolleyes:

So come on Kevin get your finger out .. We want Sparring clips pls Gezzer:D

Sean66
12-17-2011, 01:42 PM
I promise to post a clip with some more sparring sequences tomorrow! And on the venue...Ving Tsun vs. Tang Lang Quan!

Dave P
12-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Here a whole bunch of PhB clips:

http://www.youtube.com/user/vingtsunkungfunl/videos

Have fun!