PDA

View Full Version : Chiu Hok Yin WSL Fighter

k gledhill
12-17-2011, 12:42 PM
I met and exchanged forces with CHY many years ago in London UK. He is a strong individual, with strong punching force ! Doing chi-sao if he had a free hand he would pretend to grab and rip out your throat saying " I took your throat ! " :)
Watching him on the dummy was eye opening ....

Here is a clip to his youtube with more clips of his action. WSL student.

Enjoy WSL student Chiu Hok Yin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P0Ogt7oWQY&feature=player_embedded)

His website has more clips too http://www.chiu-vingtsun.com/

Phil Redmond
12-17-2011, 04:33 PM
You can tell the way a fighter moves. I like his stuff.

k gledhill
12-17-2011, 05:45 PM
You can tell the way a fighter moves. I like his stuff.

he has more clips on his site...

trubblman
12-18-2011, 08:34 AM
I met and exchanged forces with CHY many years ago in London UK. He is a strong individual, with strong punching force ! Doing chi-sao if he had a free hand he would pretend to grab and rip out your throat saying " I took your throat ! " :)
Watching him on the dummy was eye opening ....

Really? VT has a throat grab? I dont see it in the forms. It must be hiding with the elbow and knee strikes. #verydrysarcasm.

Vajramusti
12-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Really? VT has a throat grab? I dont see it in the forms. It must be hiding with the elbow and knee strikes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ofcourse, and it's not hiding-progression of skills over time.

EternalSpring
12-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Really? VT has a throat grab? I dont see it in the forms. It must be hiding with the elbow and knee strikes.

Yep. I mean, it's not necessarily a new idea since the Kuen Kit from Yip Man lineage mention grabbing the throat, so we can be sure it's not something people just recently came up with.

But even without something like the Kuen Kit as a reference, which not everyone gives value to, some would say that such techniques are present from the very beginning of the Ving Tsun curriculum. For example, the closing of the hand performed after huen sao, which is performed numerous times throughout the forms (first time being after the first punch in Siu Nim Tao), is considered a gripping move and it's at throat and face level.

Then again, people have different interpretations of the forms lol. But it's should be noted that the forms themselves dont necessarily have every single technique in a style or system. In many cases, the form will instead have a good bulk or majority of the movements in a system and then also have the movements that teach how to generate the energy for techniques not seen in the form. just my 2c.