PDA

View Full Version : Sparring clips

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Sean did a nice remix and added more sparring, enjoy ! still looks like VT to me ;)

REMIX CLIP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSxkdhDP4Lw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL)

Phil Redmond
12-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Sean did a nice remix and added more sparring, enjoy ! still looks like VT to me ;)

REMIX CLIP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSxkdhDP4Lw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL)
Good stuff. And they are working the blindside. What a concept......;)

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Good stuff. And they are working the blindside. What a concept......;)

Weird that we share a similar idea huh ; ) Its refreshing to see lateral shifting, movement , angling, etc...using axis rotation for openings.

AND not a single tan sao punch while standing like a statue chasing arms :D

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 09:14 AM

Yes looks like VT. Nice to see your methods, but this is not sparring. Its controlled drills and one step sparring. Sparring with head guards changes it from what happens with normal contact, people react very differently when hit without head guards and so on.

Still good to see some contact training.

Sean66
12-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Hey Alan,

You're exactly right. Sparring with the gloves and headgear, although good for your face, does not give you the real feeling for distance when you're not using them. People tend to rush in for the kill without sometimes making sure of their (protected) position.

This is why we do this type of sparring occasionally, and then spar without gloves and headgear (but with mouth guard). But sparring without the gear is most of the time with less power....remember, sparring is not fighting.

WC1277
12-19-2011, 10:35 AM
......AND not a single tan sao punch while standing like a statue chasing arms :D

I don't know if you were implying this quote to the video I posted. Maybe you're not, and forgive me if that's the case, but just remember you fight the way you train. There's no chasing going on there. And more importantly there's no unnecessary stepping to clear a line that is found in most other systems. The body handles it all and it's "clean" because of that structure and proper timing.....you don't step back or sideways on your "own" in WC, only forward.....

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Hey Alan,

You're exactly right. Sparring with the gloves and headgear, although good for your face, does not give you the real feeling for distance when you're not using them. People tend to rush in for the kill without sometimes making sure of their (protected) position.

This is why we do this type of sparring occasionally, and then spar without gloves and headgear (but with mouth guard). But sparring without the gear is most of the time with less power....remember, sparring is not fighting.

Yes that is the problem with headgear.

For the Chi Sao comp we have touch contact to the head and full contact to the body. Some wanted headgear for harder head contact, but I Chi Sao I think this is the wrong way to go - due to the guys not being aware of the hits and so on. What do you guys think? - for Chi Sao events

Yes sparring is not real fighting it is still a learning tool. Some are quick to judge sparring clips.

sanjuro_ronin
12-19-2011, 10:50 AM
I don't much care for sparring drills per say, they tend to crate some bad habits BUT they CAN serve a purpose of introducing people to hard contact sparring.
The more freestyle sparring at the end was good.

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 11:00 AM
I don't know if you were implying this quote to the video I posted. Maybe you're not, and forgive me if that's the case, but just remember you fight the way you train. There's no chasing going on there. And more importantly there's no unnecessary stepping to clear a line that is found in most other systems. The body handles it all and it's "clean" because of that structure and proper timing.....you don't step back or sideways on your "own" in WC, only forward.....

Not refering to the clip u posted.

WC1277
12-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Not refering to the clip u posted.

My apologies then

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Yes looks like VT. Nice to see your methods, but this is not sparring. Its controlled drills and one step sparring. Sparring with head guards changes it from what happens with normal contact, people react very differently when hit without head guards and so on.

Still good to see some contact training.

Agreed. But it still has our tactical approach coupled with visible use of pak, jut, striking with lat sao chit chung guidance....

What sean said about headgear, ditto.

But overall we can see vt fighting methods, all good.

sanjuro_ronin
12-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Agreed. But it still has our tactical approach coupled with visible use of pak, jut, striking with lat sao chit chung guidance....

Yep, you see the footwork, the elbows down, the typical parrying and such.

Phil Redmond
12-19-2011, 12:02 PM
I don't much care for sparring drills per say, they tend to crate some bad habits BUT they CAN serve a purpose of introducing people to hard contact sparring.

I hear you but you gotta start somewhere. Everyone's not as hardcore as you. :)
Sparring drills are the best way to introduce someone into real, all out fighting.

sanjuro_ronin
12-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I hear you but you gotta start somewhere. Everyone's not as hardcore as you. :)
Sparring drills are the best way to introduce someone into real, all out fighting.

Oh I agree, you do gotta start somewhere and what I liked in those clips was that the "attacker" was NOT attacking with "WC" but was attacking with more "kickboxing" like moves.

Phil Redmond
12-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Oh I agree, you do gotta start somewhere and what I liked in those clips was that the "attacker" was NOT attacking with "WC" but was attacking with more "kickboxing" like moves.
I noticed that too. WC people will never get good only dealing with WC. I teach the attacker should through a horizontal fist instead of a WC vertical punch. How many people are you going to meet in the streets or in the ring are going to use vertical fists?

Fa Xing
12-19-2011, 12:25 PM

I like sparring drills simply for the reason that you can isolate a specific tool or combination, or even just work a specific principle. However, you can't rely on it completely, you also need free sparring.

imho, I've sparred some boxers, and if it's one thing they need is a bit more sparring drills...but that's just my thought on the matter.

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 12:28 PM

Yes that's a good point. The only problem is that normal kickboxers are a lot better. So would need a step up to really grow.

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 12:34 PM

Yes, I can see what the aim is. We use sparring drills and do apply all our wing chun principles in drills and sparring etc.

The only down side to the clip is some of the guys had a very open defence as they attack the centre to much - only my opinion. In sparring with boxers and kickboxers you will get hammered doing that. You need to have a tight defence in mind. What I mean is if you always use lat sao chit chung then your game is easy to read. Controlling of the centre is not just basic centre line.

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Yes, I can see what the aim is. We use sparring drills and do apply all our wing chun principles in drills and sparring etc.

The only down side to the clip is some of the guys had a very open defence as they attack the centre to much - only my opinion. In sparring with boxers and kickboxers you will get hammered doing that. You need to have a tight defence in mind. What I mean is if you always use lat sao chit chung then your game is easy to read. Controlling of the centre is not just basic centre line.

What is lat sao chit chung to you? There is a lot of inter school terminology issues.

Sean66
12-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Alan,

Once again you're right on. Attacking down the center blindly is something I totally discourage, and I'm doing my best to drill that out of my guys.
Luckily, I have students who are also decent boxers (you can see one of 'em in the clip), and they will blast you it's true if you don't manage to use your angles properly and have your wu sau where it should be to protect your head.

In all honesty my guys are amateurs. I'm gonna try to take them to an amateur open martial arts competition in Germany in Mai (Delta Cup), but I have no illusions about being able to train someone for the octagon or some other mma venue....I just don't have the requisite experience in ground fighting.

Jansingsang
12-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Hey Alan,

Great stuff Sean. Agreed Sparring with Headgear etc changes the whole dimensions for my given experience. The Student becomes more anxious and scared, in some cases ...lol head geared and gloved up.

And yes its harder to judge distance in real time. Just as we learn to Chi sau the same most go for Sparring ..And when errors show up its back to Chi sau drilling & form reflection

What your showing here is the building blocks to learning how to apply the Concepts and principles outside the Chi sau Bubble ..Which is the levels that's rarely seen in Vingtsun kung fu these days. And needs to be addressed so the Martial arts world would sit up and say Vingtsun Kungfu is Real dangerous S%*t Respect ! :cool:

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Alan,

Once again you're right on. Attacking down the center blindly is something I totally discourage, and I'm doing my best to drill that out of my guys.
Luckily, I have students who are also decent boxers (you can see one of 'em in the clip), and they will blast you it's true if you don't manage to use your angles properly and have your wu sau where it should be to protect your head.

In all honesty my guys are amateurs. I'm gonna try to take them to an amateur open martial arts competition in Germany in Mai (Delta Cup), but I have no illusions about being able to train someone for the octagon or some other mma venue....I just don't have the requisite experience in ground fighting.

Good points. Good luck with the training and development.

I will be holding a Chi Sao event in London next year. You should try to bring your group.

best Alan

Phil Redmond
12-19-2011, 04:49 PM
What is lat sao chit chung to you? There is a lot of inter school terminology issues.
So true. Though most of our terms are the same there are some that other WC people don't use. I've been doing WC four a couple of years and I see terms I've never used. Just like we have terms that others don't use. I'll start a WC terminology thread if there hasn't been one already.

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 05:13 PM

Yes true. I know a few school are hot on froward attacking pressure of the facing centre line when the line is open. But sometimes an open line is not always the best line to attack as the opponent may know its open or maybe ready for that - also as say the opponent made trade punches with you.

I look at control of centre not just centre line. Which mean pressuring the opponents structure ( Balance, position, weight, and so on). Then they can not return fire with power or control - then I can hit at will, when I want.

This maybe the reason when you watch my chi sau it looks like a lack of elbow of centre line attack - its a different take on control. Also as its chi sao we play for balance control and beating the opponent next move like in chess. We can always go hard and fast but you don't in my opinion learn too much from that after a while. Navy seals - slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

As I said before different system - different ideas on what is important.

WC1277
12-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Yes true. I know a few school are hot on froward attacking pressure of the facing centre line when the line is open. But sometimes an open line is not always the best line to attack as the opponent may know its open or maybe ready for that - also as say the opponent made trade punches with you.

I look at control of centre not just centre line. Which mean pressuring the opponents structure ( Balance, position, weight, and so on). Then they can not return fire with power or control - then I can hit at will, when I want.

This maybe the reason when you watch my chi sau it looks like a lack of elbow of centre line attack - its a different take on control. Also as its chi sao we play for balance control and beating the opponent next move like in chess. We can always go hard and fast but you don't in my opinion learn too much from that after a while. Navy seals - slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Good principle, make the opponent "lean on your wall". We look at it similarly.

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Good principle, make the opponent "lean on your wall". We look at it similarly.

You got it. Close range body power.

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 05:44 PM

Agreed , we avoid this 'center mess' with tactical ideas that basically prevent the guy from ever getting good 'face' on us using movement, angling, relative to 'lines of force' they use to strike at us. Subtle stuff.
LSCC is a huge part of our repertoire.

Robinhood
12-19-2011, 05:48 PM

Is that a Leng Ting lineage ?

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 05:49 PM

No, its WSL "PB" VT

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Agreed , we avoid this 'center mess' with tactical ideas that basically prevent the guy from ever getting good 'face' on us using movement, angling, relative to 'lines of force' they use to strike at us. Subtle stuff.

That's is hard to do with an opponent that's not playing the game. It work better with wing chun guys doing the same thing, but not so well with tough mma guys. Not a slight on you, just as I train with mma fighters - I can say it with experience. The body centre control is subtle ie its a high skill, but its often the position you end up in when fighting an opponent who will trade with you. The clinch is wing chun's best range, but many don't play in that range as much as they should in my view. We also would use lines of attack etc etc but its about what happens when you bridge. I not a fan of just chain punching and switch lines - I think this happens more if you attack someone who is a lower level that you in wing chun. It doesn't happen if they don't play that game.

Phil Redmond
12-19-2011, 05:59 PM
If it's from Kevin you know it's WSL......lol
I see good clips from lineages outside of my own. I wonder if Kevin would post one. That should be a thread. People posting they see good in other lineages.

WC1277
12-19-2011, 06:06 PM
You got it. Close range body power.

I don't know if you already read these posts I wrote them a little while ago but is your idea, at least theory wise, similar to this?

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1143178&postcount=54

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1143182&postcount=55

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1143195&postcount=64

WC1277
12-19-2011, 06:09 PM
"To further illustrate the above point about center of gravity and another misinformed perception. Most often one thinks that the point is to knock the person off balance therefor allowing you to hit him. Once again that perception couldn't be further from the truth. In fact "sticking" means the exact opposite. By connecting to the persons center you are essentially setting himself up to be hit. When something is balanced upon another object, if that object moves it falls. Another universal truth. The same when you find the center of your opponent. This is what Ip Man meant by the opponent will show you how to hit him. When the opponent "falls" he is inherently vulnerable in both timing and balance. It's a subtle difference but makes it either universal or not universal. You don't knock your opponent off balance in WC. You just maintain the center and he will lose his own balance. That is universal. One will see from this illustration that there is much more to WC and centerline concept. Centerline is merely an apex of the center. What point of the body that connects to that apex is less relevant than people think."

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 06:15 PM
"To further illustrate the above point about center of gravity and another misinformed perception. Most often one thinks that the point is to knock the person off balance therefor allowing you to hit him. Once again that perception couldn't be further from the truth. In fact "sticking" means the exact opposite. By connecting to the persons center you are essentially setting himself up to be hit. When something is balanced upon another object, if that object moves it falls. Another universal truth. The same when you find the center of your opponent. This is what Ip Man meant by the opponent will show you how to hit him. When the opponent "falls" he is inherently vulnerable in both timing and balance. It's a subtle difference but makes it either universal or not universal. You don't knock your opponent off balance in WC. You just maintain the center and he will lose his own balance. That is universal. One will see from this illustration that there is much more to WC and centerline concept. Centerline is merely an apex of the center. What point of the body that connects to that apex is less relevant than people think."

Very nice post

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 06:16 PM
I don't know if you already read these posts I wrote them a little while ago but is your idea, at least theory wise, similar to this?

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1143178&postcount=54

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1143182&postcount=55

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1143195&postcount=64

I think we are on the same page.

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 06:21 PM
That's is hard to do with an opponent that's not playing the game. It work better with wing chun guys doing the same thing, but not so well with tough mma guys. Not a slight on you, just as I train with mma fighters - I can say it with experience. The body centre control is subtle ie its a high skill, but its often the position you end up in when fighting an opponent who will trade with you. The clinch is wing chun's best range, but many don't play in that range as much as they should in my view. We also would use lines of attack etc etc but its about what happens when you bridge. I not a fan of just chain punching and switch lines - I think this happens more if you attack someone who is a lower level that you in wing chun. It doesn't happen if they don't play that game.

Yes any method will be tested against non complying opponents, granted.
We dont have the same VT ideas so lets agree to disagree, as they say :D
We dont seek to clinch with our ideas of chi-sao etc... I believe Terence Needlessposts also held this view of clinchy dirty fighter stuff...but lets not go there !:D

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 06:23 PM
If it's from Kevin you know it's WSL......lol
I see good clips from lineages outside of my own. I wonder if Kevin would post one. That should be a thread. People posting they see good in other lineages.

WSL PB ;) All WSL are NOT the same , sadly.

WC1277
12-19-2011, 06:29 PM
We dont seek to clinch with our ideas of chi-sao etc... I believe Terence Needlessposts also held this view of clinchy dirty fighter stuff...but lets not go there !:D

Come on Kev! :D You know what it feels like! I believe you experienced it first hand many years ago.... ;)

Phil Redmond
12-19-2011, 06:29 PM
WSL PB ;) All WSL are NOT the same , sadly.
Oh, I stand corrected. Should I have written that it has to be WSL PB to be considered good WC?

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 06:32 PM

Thats cool. I don't need to agree or disagree at all. Its a forum and people can share and make up their own minds. The stuff on the other thread started with Graham telling me I didn't know anything about wing chun and PB rules. Then Guyb telling what I eat for breakfast. We done need to start all that again. I think people are starting to see what my point was - we have different wing chun - have a look and if you take something from it then good, if not thats fine too.

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Oh, I stand corrected. Should I have written that it has to be WSL PB to be considered good WC?

there are others ... ;)

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Thats cool. I don't need to agree or disagree at all. Its a forum and people can share and make up their own minds. The stuff on the other thread started with Graham telling me I didn't know anything about wing chun and PB rules. Then Guyb telling what I eat for breakfast. We done need to start all that again. I think people are starting to see what my point was - we have different wing chun - have a look and if you take something from it then good, if not thats fine too.

Look we can all understand your structural force development for 'unseen' power generation in a clinchy way, Robert is big on this approach, structure test etc...

We do this through our approach too, YGKYM for power structure, then delivering power punches, through centered elbows using the unseen force through structure. Only we adopt a moving angling approach with a tactical tip to it. So there is no chi-sao dirty, TN, clinching for us.

All the rest is to help us make those punches, moving, angling, pak sao, jut, bong etc...to us anyway.

Phil Redmond
12-19-2011, 06:57 PM
there are others ... ;)
Glad to hear that. I've never been brainwashed by a martial arts system. I'm not a blind follower. And I also have the common sense to know that is good stuff out there that isn't in my system.
No one system is perfect and it's the individual that makes it work. You're going to have good and sucky people in any style. I would like to see you post a clip, article, or anything from another style that you think is good.

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Glad to hear that. I've never been brainwashed by a martial arts system. I'm not a blind follower. And I also have the common sense to know that is good stuff out there that isn't in my system.
No one system is perfect and it's the individual that makes it work. You're going to have good and sucky people in any style. I would like to see you post a clip, article, or anything from another style that you think is good.

I shall begin my quest....:D

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Look we can all understand your structural force development for 'unseen' power generation in a clinchy way, Robert is big on this approach, structure test etc...

We do this through our approach too, YGKYM for power structure, then delivering power punches, through centered elbows using the unseen force through structure. Only we adopt a moving angling approach with a tactical tip to it. So there is no chi-sao dirty, TN, clinching for us.

All the rest is to help us make those punches, moving, angling, pak sao, jut, bong etc...to us anyway.

Sure, I know what you are saying. I have rolled with lots of WSL guys. I know what your methods are. All I was saying is ours system is very different in application and also in principles. You have not rolled with my guys so - yes you have see stuff but it can feel different if you have a totally different idea on wing chun is all about as you look at different things - thats all I was saying. I do get this all the time, but when people feel it they always say it was not what they thought. hey this may not be the case as all for some, who knows. Its not a big deal at all. I'm just putting out a different point of view.

Phil Redmond
12-19-2011, 07:10 PM
I shall begin my quest....:D
You'll find some for sure.

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Sure, I know what you are saying. I have rolled with lots of WSL guys. I know what your methods are. All I was saying is ours system is very different in application and also in principles. You have not rolled with my guys so - yes you have see stuff but it can feel different if you have a totally different idea on wing chun is all about as you look at different things - thats all I was saying. I do get this all the time, but when people feel it they always say it was not what they thought. hey this may not be the case as all for some, who knows. Its not a big deal at all. I'm just putting out a different point of view.

I have rolled with a lot of WSL too, no names but until I met PB they all where basically the same thing , sticking hands with chasing and pressure on arms ...
I hate to keep going on about Bayer, but he is in a league of his own, unless you exchange with him you cant compare by association to 'wsl chi-sao'.

And by the same flip I have not rolled with any of your guys so I cant tell either.

Alan Orr
12-19-2011, 07:28 PM
I have rolled with a lot of WSL too, no names but until I met PB they all where basically the same thing , sticking hands with chasing and pressure on arms ...
I hate to keep going on about Bayer, but he is in a league of his own, unless you exchange with him you cant compare by association to 'wsl chi-sao'.

And by the same flip I have not rolled with any of your guys so I cant tell either.

I have rolled with PB students. I am sure PB himself is much better for sure.

k gledhill
12-19-2011, 08:23 PM
I have rolled with PB students. I am sure PB himself is much better for sure.

Philipp is the man :D I cant say enough about him and if I say more guys will puke :D

Phil Redmond
12-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Philipp is the man :D I cant say enough about him and if I say more guys will puke :D
Actually, I'm the man........:rolleyes:

Graham H
12-20-2011, 03:17 AM
The stuff on the other thread started with Graham telling me I didn't know anything about wing chun and PB rules. .

You don't! I haven't changed my mind! I'd just rather sit back than get involved in this nonsense now in the hope that something may come up that will make me look twice. Unfortunately Alan you haven't done that yet but I live in hope. ;)

........and from my previous years in WC prior to meeting PB then I would have to agree with Kev and Sean. PB is in a class of his own. That's not hero worshipping. I've just experienced many other "sifu" and systems and was disappointed even within my own lineage. Whether you girls agree or not that is a FACT!

GH

PS Please insert ranting responses below

(...)

Phil Redmond
12-20-2011, 09:12 AM
. . . . ........and from my previous years in WC prior to meeting PB then I would have to agree with Kev and Sean. PB is in a class of his own. That's not hero worshipping. I've just experienced many other "sifu" and systems and was disappointed even within my own lineage. . . . . .
Based on "your" experiences I can understand where you're coming from.

Alan Orr
12-20-2011, 11:50 AM
You don't! I haven't changed my mind! I'd just rather sit back than get involved in this nonsense now in the hope that something may come up that will make me look twice. Unfortunately Alan you haven't done that yet but I live in hope. ;)

........and from my previous years in WC prior to meeting PB then I would have to agree with Kev and Sean. PB is in a class of his own. That's not hero worshipping. I've just experienced many other "sifu" and systems and was disappointed even within my own lineage. Whether you girls agree or not that is a FACT!

GH

(...)

No need to rant as you do that well yourself. Its fine to have great respect for your teachers - I also do my my teacher.

The thread has never been about that. Not sure what your point really is. Calling people girls and writing fact in capitals - very funny. You sound like you are about 14! lol

Anyway people have different ideas, its not big deal unless you are worried about it for some reason.

GlennR
12-20-2011, 03:04 PM

Good clip Sean.

Have you guys ever spoken to local MT or boxing (or whatever style is handy) gyms to see if they are interested in the occasional sparring session?

Our gym does with another gym and the experience is invaluable

Sean66
12-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks GlennR.

One of my students has been training for the past eight years in a well-known boxing gym here in Lille, and he said he would try to set something up...we'll see if it works out. Would definitely be fun.

I'm also going to try to set up a "Fight Night" once a month to invite other schools to do some sparring. There are two other wing chun schools here, numerous boxing gyms and even an Yi Quan group. So there's a lot of possibilities.

GlennR
12-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks GlennR.

One of my students has been training for the past eight years in a well-known boxing gym here in Lille, and he said he would try to set something up...we'll see if it works out. Would definitely be fun.

I'm also going to try to set up a "Fight Night" once a month to invite other schools to do some sparring. There are two other wing chun schools here, numerous boxing gyms and even an Yi Quan group. So there's a lot of possibilities.

Thats great to hear Sean

Sparring each other becomes stale after a while and the occasional outside influence is great.

Just an observation, you dont kick much in your sparring?

Phil Redmond
12-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Nice Sean . . . :)

GlennR
12-20-2011, 08:55 PM

GH

(...)

"Inserting ranting response"

Oh boo hoo ya big girl ;)

Wayfaring
12-20-2011, 09:52 PM
What do you guys think? - for Chi Sao events

Yes sparring is not real fighting it is still a learning tool.

And Chi Sao events also would be a learning tool.

I like the headgear for chi sau events. For every negative that comes about with restrictive movement, there are TONS of positives in learning to deal with an unrestricted punching environment.

You can get hit in the head hard, and need to learn to maneuver to minimize this and protect your head with technique. I think without this, there are major holes in your game. You're not used to contact to the head, so when that is added in you get blasted.

WCK people by and large have the worst head movement ever. They stand perfectly still moving back and forth maybe turning with their head right there as a huge target. Amateur boxers train with headgear and getting blasted from day one. And they learn to move that huge melon out of the way of danger pretty quickly. As a very interesting exercise, get in the ring with a top amateur, pro or ex-pro boxer, and spend one 3 minute round trying to hit them in the head. Then do 3 minutes of having them try to hit you in the head and defend with your WCK bridge. See what you learn.

Wayfaring
12-20-2011, 09:54 PM

Training is headed in good directions.

Graham H
12-21-2011, 12:29 AM
Calling people girls and writing fact in capitals - very funny. You sound like you are about 14! lol

ooooooooooooooooo a comdiean as well as a Wing Chun Master. Good stuff!

GH

Graham H
12-21-2011, 12:30 AM
"Inserting ranting response"

Oh boo hoo ya big girl ;)

Fairplay Glenn you are such a massive c**t! :D

GH

GlennR
12-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Fairplay Glenn you are such a massive c**t! :D

GH

True, but remember im always thinking of you G ;)

Graham H
12-21-2011, 03:06 AM
True, but remember im always thinking of you G ;)

I know that Glenn and it keeps me warm at night! ;)

G

Jansingsang
12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
I know that Glenn and it keeps me warm at night! ;)

G What is this A kung fu forum Or a Big Girls blouse Contest Get A grip you shameless F*Gs :D

GlennR
12-21-2011, 03:25 PM
What is this A kung fu forum Or a Big Girls blouse Contest Get A grip you shameless F*Gs :D

Leave us alone... we're bonding! lol