PDA

View Full Version : How do you do a Side Press

Kumkuat
06-12-2001, 03:25 AM
I know it's in Pavel's Power to the People book, but I'm short on money. I just need to know how to do a side press, can anyone give me pictures and details on how to do it? I tried it once with my sword as the barbell, but when I bent to the side, it strained by back. I know that it's not suppose to strain your back, so I must be doing it wrong.

The way I did it was that I was gonna lift the sword (bar) with my right hand. I had my feet slightly less than shoulder width apart. Then I pointed my right foot inward slightly and straightend the leg. Then I stuck my hip out trying to go under the weight on my right hand. Then I bent sideways and lifted the bar up but I felt a strain on my back. I kept my back straight, but still more strain. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Ford Prefect
06-12-2001, 03:13 PM
Bend to the side... don't EVER lean back. It's pretty much a one-handed barbell military press. Try to visualize pushing yourself away from the barbell rather than pushing the barbell overhead. I'd recommend waiting until you get the book before you try it. It's difficult to explain a lift with just words.

qeySuS
06-12-2001, 08:36 PM
The excersizes are only half the game. There are lots of techinques and little tips that make the technique, you really gotta get the book :)

Free thinkers are dangerous.