PDA

View Full Version : Different types of Ging in Wing Chun

Yoshiyahu
12-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Wing Chun has eight energies. Not all of them are explosive! How do you manifest them?

1.Bau Ja ging ( Explode Power )
Ging is your internal power that is executed outwardly; people can see how much power you have. This is when they can see Ging externally.

2.Chi Ging ( Sticking Power )
In Wing Chun, we stick to everything so that we make our energy and our opponents energy one. Therefore, when he tries to move I can control him by using his force this is now my force.

3.Keng Ging ( listening Power )
listening means feeling your opponents energy and body talk ,so you trap him by counter moving before him.

4.Juun Ging ( Drilling Power )
Drilling Power is the force that goes forward, it is like a circle, every straight line has a circle. This does not mean a circle motion, the straight line is drilling like a spiral. Just like a bullet as it turns, as it goes through the air.

5.Jek Jip Ging ( Direct Power )
Direct Power means I use the power to go from point to point by bouncing off the first point and going straight to the second point. Like hitting one opponent’s head and using that point to start a technique to hit the second opponent.

6.Yaan Ging ( Guiding Power )
Guiding force is the one you use when your opponent’s incoming force is on its way. You just turn the force a way to the side and carry on in a circle back to the starting point of the attack. Just like a wheel.

7.Lin Jip Ging ( Connecting Power )
Connecting Power is like Direct Power from one motion move to the next motion without stopping. Like if you do a Pak Sau use the same hand to do Tan Sau or a Punch straight away without stopping, just learn to feel what’s going on.

8.Choung Ging ( Aggressive Power )
Aggressive Power is used outwardly, you must be very mentally calm. However, you must not be out of control. If you do not train this, in the right way you will be out of control.

YouKnowWho
12-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Do you have any clip for Bau Ja ging ( Explode Power)?

Yoshiyahu
12-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Do you have any clip for Bau Ja ging ( Explode Power)?

I havent studied Bagua long enough to actually know what I am looking at in regards to how they jing. From what my Sifu said one of the ways he manifest Power from Bagua is from spin or whirl wind force.

How ever i can share some things in Tai Chi that is mainly taken out of Most Tai Chi that is out there today!

Like using a bowling ball and practicing tai chi ball

or the technique that uses the stick and ruler or in wing chun twisting the chop sticks

or the technique where you twist the ball on stone or the technique where you strike a tree or wooden post so your strikes not only have your body behind it correctly but you can actually damage your opponent with a single strike after years of practice!

Vajramusti
12-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Wing Chun has eight energies. Not all of them are explosive! How do you manifest them?

Ging is your internal power that is executed outwardly; people can see how much power you have. This is when they can see Ging externally.

In Wing Chun, we stick to everything so that we make our energy and our opponents energy one. Therefore, when he tries to move I can control him by using his force this is now my force.

listening means feeling your opponents energy and body talk ,so you trap him by counter moving before him.

Drilling Power is the force that goes forward, it is like a circle, every straight line has a circle. This does not mean a circle motion, the straight line is drilling like a spiral. Just like a bullet as it turns, as it goes through the air.

Direct Power means I use the power to go from point to point by bouncing off the first point and going straight to the second point. Like hitting one opponent’s head and using that point to start a technique to hit the second opponent.

Guiding force is the one you use when your opponent’s incoming force is on its way. You just turn the force a way to the side and carry on in a circle back to the starting point of the attack. Just like a wheel.

Connecting Power is like Direct Power from one motion move to the next motion without stopping. Like if you do a Pak Sau use the same hand to do Tan Sau or a Punch straight away without stopping, just learn to feel what’s going on.

Aggressive Power is used outwardly, you must be very mentally calm. However, you must not be out of control. If you do not train this, in the right way you will be out of control.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hey- you are lifting things from Augustine Fong sifu's work including the above and the kuen kuit collection!! Credit......?

joy chaudhuri

WC1277
12-23-2011, 02:28 AM
I agree Joy. I do believe he is plagiarizing Fong Sifu's work and adding his own to it

Vajramusti
12-23-2011, 03:00 AM
I agree Joy. I do believe he is plagiarizing Fong Sifu's work and adding his own to it
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He really should ask for specific permissions or remove items that he has lifted from Fong sifu and possibly others.

KFO should not condone plagiarism.

I won't have reliable access to a computer for about 5 to six days.

joy chaudhuri

LoneTiger108
12-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Ah! At least we have Cantonese terms here lol!!

The infamous 8 Ging energies, as first noted by Sifu Fong, is a great resource but I do not think this list contains the 'main' ging that drives Wing Chun, but then it can't be clear without the actual characters presented. Anyone??

Yoshiyahu
12-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Actually i did cut and paste the info from this site!

http://www.defend-yourself.com/archive2.html

I like the info so much i made a thread...so i could always see it again later...

How do you like the info!

Google eight energies of wing chun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He really should ask for specific permissions or remove items that he has lifted from Fong sifu and possibly others.

KFO should not condone plagiarism.

I won't have reliable access to a computer for about 5 to six days.

joy chaudhuri

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hey- you are lifting things from Augustine Fong sifu's work including the above and the kuen kuit collection!! Credit......?

joy chaudhuri

WC1277
12-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Actually i did cut and paste the info from this site!

http://www.defend-yourself.com/archive2.html

I like the info so much i made a thread...so i could always see it again later...

How do you like the info!

Google eight energies of wing chun

Thank you for fixing it and giving credit to Fong Sifu with that quote. In the future I highly recommend you give the source of whatever you directly quote.

Yoshiyahu
12-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Thank you for fixing it and giving credit to Fong Sifu with that quote. In the future I highly recommend you give the source of whatever you directly quote.

i hold no homage to NO one!

i simply posted who it came from for the cry babies on here...

in the future i will not post who it came it from!

if its on the net for all to see...I will simply post it as a reference for others to see!

I dont owe anyone anything. If i post a poem, story, book or anything online an someone likes it an repost it...do they owe me homage no!

So i dont owe anyone anything who has something posted on the net!

For you cry babies stop whinning!

"If i dont know you personally and havent touch hands with you...you wont get credit from me!"

I dont give strangers credit for nothing!

WC1277
12-23-2011, 12:04 PM
i hold no homage to NO one!

i simply posted who it came from for the cry babies on here...

in the future i will not post who it came it from!

if its on the net for all to see...I will simply post it as a reference for others to see!

I dont owe anyone anything. If i post a poem, story, book or anything online an someone likes it an repost it...do they owe me homage no!

So i dont owe anyone anything who has something posted on the net!

For you cry babies stop whinning!

"If i dont know you personally and havent touch hands with you...you wont get credit from me!"

I dont give strangers credit for nothing!

Wow! You "don't give strangers credit for nothing"? Beside the fact that it's respectful to source your quotes, there's also that little thing called copyright laws.... Good luck in life......

Yoshiyahu
12-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Wow! You "don't give strangers credit for nothing"? Beside the fact that it's respectful to source your quotes, there's also that little thing called copyright laws.... Good luck in life......

I am not writing a frigging book...this is internet forum where you talk about wing chun...

I use the stuff on youtube and the world wide web to convey sympathic ideologies that are close to my own or atleast something i agree with. For one i dont use the term bau jeng at all...But i will refer to someone who does because the idea is the same! Its something people who do refer it to can relate to...

i will be honest...i guess i came off abrubt...i got a little ticked off with the cry babies insinuating i owe something to someone who posted something on the net...

Its a discussion...i aint getting paid a dime to post Esh in here. I do it for fun!

So if i cut and paste someones thoughts or ideas that i agree with so what...if i use someone written thoughts to back up a point so what...i do so to give what im saying weight like any one who debates would do. i also qoute things from religious texts and other people. I am not finna be posting what book or verse i got it from everytime i post something...If i say Yahweh is a man of war...Don't expect me to be like chapter and verse!

sorry if i come off a little offensive...its just the statements that were said ticked me off!

WC1277
12-23-2011, 12:42 PM
I am not writing a frigging book...this is internet forum where you talk about wing chun...

I use the stuff on youtube and the world wide web to convey sympathic ideologies that are close to my own or atleast something i agree with. For one i dont use the term bau jeng at all...But i will refer to someone who does because the idea is the same! Its something people who do refer it to can relate to...

i will be honest...i guess i came off abrubt...i got a little ticked off with the cry babies insinuating i owe something to someone who posted something on the net...

Its a discussion...i aint getting paid a dime to post Esh in here. I do it for fun!

So if i cut and paste someones thoughts or ideas that i agree with so what...if i use someone written thoughts to back up a point so what...i do so to give what im saying weight like any one who debates would do. i also qoute things from religious texts and other people. I am not finna be posting what book or verse i got it from everytime i post something...If i say Yahweh is a man of war...Don't expect me to be like chapter and verse!

sorry if i come off a little offensive...its just the statements that were said ticked me off!

'One of the biggest mistakes that people believe is that if a work has no copyright notice, it is not copyrighted. The correct form of a copyright notice is "Copyright or © (date) by (author/owner)". Many people believe that if this notice is absent, they can post, use, or take any work on the Internet. Although no name can be copyrighted, the owner's work is. In fact, everything from April 1, 1989 is copyrighted by the owner or author whether is has a notice or not. Most nations follow the same rules set up by the Berne copyright convention. The Berne convention created uniform laws for worldwide works. One of these laws was everything created privately and originally after April 1, 1989 is copyrighted. All Internet users must assume that the work is copyrighted, unless otherwise specified by the author.

Many works on the Internet are available for public use. However, the author of the work must have explicitly granted it to public domain. If a work is in public domain, granted by saying "I grant this to the public domain," anybody who stumbles upon it can use, take, or copy without giving credit to the owner....'

The Mystery Behind the Copyright Symbol

Written By Christopher B. Skvarka

Robinhood
12-23-2011, 01:03 PM
I think you guys should talk about things in your own words, if you don't have first hand experience to talk about it, then don't or reference who said what as second hand info.

WC1277
12-23-2011, 01:18 PM
I think you guys should talk about things in your own words, if you don't have first hand experience to talk about it, then don't or reference who said what as second hand info.

Agree, but not "you guys", Yoshiyahu

imperialtaichi
12-23-2011, 01:47 PM
How many ways are there to destroy something? Limitless.

How many Jins can be used in WC? Limitless.

While I totally agree with Sifu Fong's summary of the commonly used Jins, to interpret it as all the Jins in WC is ignorant.

Hendrik
12-23-2011, 01:57 PM

While I totally agree with Sifu Fong's summary of the commonly used Jins, to interpret it as all the Jins in WC is ignorant.

I am not sure sifu Fong is describing Jin as in classical tcma definition.

Robinhood
12-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Agree, but not "you guys", Yoshiyahu

Yes, .......... thanks for correction . But in general should apply to any subjects.

YouKnowWho
12-23-2011, 02:36 PM
I am not sure sifu Fong is describing Jin as in classical tcma definition.

I feel the same way too. I just didn't want to point it out. Anybody can "redefine" Jin and Fajin.

IMO, the

- stciking power,
- listening power,
- guiding power,
- connecting power

have nothing to do with the TCMA Fajin definition.

For example, the Tinjin (listening power) is to listen to "your opponent's power" which has nothing to do with your own power generation.

WC1277
12-23-2011, 04:11 PM

He didn't...

WC1277
12-23-2011, 04:18 PM
I feel the same way too. I just didn't want to point it out. Anybody can "redefine" Jin and Fajin.

IMO, the

- stciking power,
- listening power,
- guiding power,
- connecting power

have nothing to do with the TCMA Fajin definition.

For example, the Tinjin (listening power) is to listen to "your opponent's power" which has nothing to do with your own power generation.

That is because "Jin" is energy coming in and "fa Jin" is energy going out. The four you listed are all Jin, not Fa Jin.

YouKnowWho
12-23-2011, 04:19 PM
The Baji system only has 3 Jins:

- sinking power,
- expending power,
- twisting power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYikolf7udw

LoneTiger108
12-24-2011, 06:18 AM
So what exactly are we trying to talk about here???

Can anybody share the actual characters?? I'm still waiting...

Robinhood
12-24-2011, 10:28 AM
That is because "Jin" is energy coming in and "fa Jin" is energy going out. The four you listed are all Jin, not Fa Jin.

Yes, I aggree, good post.

Energy flows both ways, if your energy only flows one way, then you are missing half the circle.

YouKnowWho
12-24-2011, 10:49 AM

The energy coming in is not your energy. Why do you want to talk about your opponent's energy? To be able to deal with your opponent's energy and to be able to generate your own energy are 2 different issues. IMO, it's confused to mix both subjects in one discussion.

Robinhood
12-24-2011, 11:28 AM
The energy coming in is not your energy. Why do you want to talk about your opponent's energy? To be able to deal with your opponent's energy and to be able to generate your own energy are 2 different issues. IMO, it's confused to mix both subjects in one discussion.

Its your energy after you take it in, and without that half of the circle your outward energy is incomplete and very inefficient, unless you are using momentum generation power which is not a jin.

WC1277
12-24-2011, 12:51 PM

You're the one who mixed them by saying those 4 subjects were Fajin and so therefor wrong. I was merely responding that your comment had no merit because those 4 subjects were Jin, not Fajin

WC1277
12-24-2011, 12:52 PM

Spenc, sorry buddy I don't have the characters but I'll try to get them for you.

Hendrik
12-24-2011, 01:04 PM

Talk about 發勁。

Yoshiyahu
12-25-2011, 03:56 PM
I dont really care!!!

Let Mofophuka try an sue me...See what he get...Jack...nothing but a headache...Im from the Hood Yo...I wish a Nicca would come around here talking that copyright infringement stuff with me!

'One of the biggest mistakes that people believe is that if a work has no copyright notice, it is not copyrighted. The correct form of a copyright notice is "Copyright or © (date) by (author/owner)". Many people believe that if this notice is absent, they can post, use, or take any work on the Internet. Although no name can be copyrighted, the owner's work is. In fact, everything from April 1, 1989 is copyrighted by the owner or author whether is has a notice or not. Most nations follow the same rules set up by the Berne copyright convention. The Berne convention created uniform laws for worldwide works. One of these laws was everything created privately and originally after April 1, 1989 is copyrighted. All Internet users must assume that the work is copyrighted, unless otherwise specified by the author.

Many works on the Internet are available for public use. However, the author of the work must have explicitly granted it to public domain. If a work is in public domain, granted by saying "I grant this to the public domain," anybody who stumbles upon it can use, take, or copy without giving credit to the owner....'

The Mystery Behind the Copyright Symbol

Written By Christopher B. Skvarka

lance
12-30-2011, 12:17 AM

Who is your WC sifu anyway ? Just out of curiosity ?

Jubei1
12-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Yes Yoshi, whom have you learned VT/WC from?

For some VT/WC is not just a hobby they do on the weekends; it’s a livelihood. Some have spent a life time researching, studying, training, and documenting their findings and thoughts. It is not uncommon for people to take other people's ideas and hard work and peddle it as their own. Having said that, it is very understandable that some people are very guarded about their knowledge.

And no, you don’t owe anyone anything. Just like you don’t have to open a door for a stranger who obviously has his hands full of groceries or you don’t have to give up your seat for an elderly person. Like others have mentioned it's just common courtesy or just being a good human being. This is your choice.

I too was raised in a "hood yo" and making comments like that to somehow allude to your toughness because you were raised in a low income community is really very silly.

" I wish a Nicca would come around here talking that copyright infringement stuff with me!"

And if they did go there to speak with you about the copyright laws what then?
Would you grab a tool and wet that person? Knuckle up and eat his food?
If so then you are going to be dealing with more than just copyright problems.
No need to pull out your ghetto card Yoshi its just a net forum.

Anyways just my 2 cents…. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

LoneTiger108
12-30-2011, 07:52 AM
Talk about 發勁。

發勁 = Fajin

Aha!! You see, I knew Hendrik would come up trumps before the new year ;) It also means that ALL the Ging highlighted by Sifu Fong are actually 'Fajin', as they are all unique methods of issuing or releasing this strength. Just a thought.

2012 looks to be less confusing for me lol!

Yoshiyahu
01-05-2012, 12:33 AM
my WC and tai chi sifu is Wilber smith...he learn from a guy named robert mcfield like in the eighties.

Who is your WC sifu anyway ? Just out of curiosity ?

Hey buddy if its on the interent its not a secret any more...as for peddleing ideas as their my own...the only time someone gets my own idea...is when i say this is my innovation or this is my way of doing things. Everything else comes from a sifu or sihing or older kung fu relative.

thanks for your opinion on the other stuff and common courtesy...everyone is different not everyone follows your customs! but its all good yo...As from the hood part...that simply means if someone thinking about causing a stink with me in person you got nothing coming but disappointments.

But again this discussion is over...i threw with peoples views on how they feel about the info i posted...

i simply posted it for a discussion to ensue...

So if you want to talk about something by all means make mention of the original post i made!

Yes Yoshi, whom have you learned VT/WC from?

For some VT/WC is not just a hobby they do on the weekends; it’s a livelihood. Some have spent a life time researching, studying, training, and documenting their findings and thoughts. It is not uncommon for people to take other people's ideas and hard work and peddle it as their own. Having said that, it is very understandable that some people are very guarded about their knowledge.

And no, you don’t owe anyone anything. Just like you don’t have to open a door for a stranger who obviously has his hands full of groceries or you don’t have to give up your seat for an elderly person. Like others have mentioned it's just common courtesy or just being a good human being. This is your choice.

I too was raised in a "hood yo" and making comments like that to somehow allude to your toughness because you were raised in a low income community is really very silly.

" I wish a Nicca would come around here talking that copyright infringement stuff with me!"

And if they did go there to speak with you about the copyright laws what then?
Would you grab a tool and wet that person? Knuckle up and eat his food?
If so then you are going to be dealing with more than just copyright problems.
No need to pull out your ghetto card Yoshi its just a net forum.

Anyways just my 2 cents…. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

發勁 = Fajin

Aha!! You see, I knew Hendrik would come up trumps before the new year ;) It also means that ALL the Ging highlighted by Sifu Fong are actually 'Fajin', as they are all unique methods of issuing or releasing this strength. Just a thought.

2012 looks to be less confusing for me lol!