PDA

View Full Version : playing with 5 layers

Hendrik
12-25-2011, 04:37 PM
playing with the physical, awareness, breathing, qi medirians, and momentum ( the 5 layers) with different movements in my wing chun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0i5eulDUc

Enjoy!

kung fu fighter
12-25-2011, 04:53 PM
thanks for the clip hendrik, looks very similar to some of the warm up excercises that i learnt in chen style tai chi

Happy holidays!

Hendrik
12-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Happy holiday!

Runlikehell
12-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the clip Hendrik, and happy holidays!

Yoshiyahu
12-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks Hendrik three of your exercises look very similiar to what my sifu gave me years ago!

Hendrik
12-26-2011, 06:16 AM
Thanks Hendrik three of your exercises look very similiar to what my sifu gave me years ago!

Great!

Care to share?
Which three? What are they for?

cobra
12-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks, I enjoyed that!

kung fu fighter
12-26-2011, 10:50 AM
is the bounce used to spit and fa jing people away? What's the purpose of the bounce?

Hendrik
12-26-2011, 11:24 AM
is the bounce used to spit and fa jing people away? What's the purpose of the bounce?

John,

Good question.

Are you here?

Yoshiyahu
12-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Great!

Care to share?
Which three? What are they for?

AS for which three i will have describe them...One is where you sway your hands back and forth. like the are flying in the wind...they come up and then go down behind your back and come back up to your chest level and back again. Then in between you do squats...

With the absence of the squat I do the hands swaying back an forth moving the chi to my arms and hands and palms and fingers. You can feel your arms and hands an fingers becoming heavy and hard. its a form of chi kung conditioning in my lineage that prepares your arms from bridging...gives you cutting energy and much more...still learning about it myself! time stamp 3:30

The other two I will have to asked my Sifu actually what they are for...i never really cared i just done them! But the second one is where you draw chi in by raising your hands to the sides and bringing them in the middle of you where you push the chi down to lower dan tian. its the first exercise you do. time stamp 0:01

time stamp 4:36 we do a swallow step similiar to that with out the twisting or strecthing of the ankle or foot in between. I was taught to step slowly and step light. Practicing that will make your stepping quiet and more agile and controlled.

time stamp 2:04 Well ours nothing like that...but there is Wing Chun Set we do where the index finger goes to navel and the other goes to back corresponding with the navel. It has another technique before it...its kinda looks like a sanchin technique when i compared it...except for the index finger part...it basically deals with the kidney, lower dan tian and jing or sperm!

Hendrik
12-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks And appreciate for sharing.

Yoshiyahu
12-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks And appreciate for sharing.

your welcome hendrik..i am interested in the snake hand chi gung you have...in all three forms our opening involves the snake hand technique where it goes side to side and up and down as you detailed...very very very interesting you have chi gung exercises for it!

We break down each tecnhique and practice it separely from the form...But there is not a snake hand chi gung exercise as your lineage as in it...We have various different chi gung from either Wing chun or tai chi...some of your body movement exercises i find interesting if you dont mind me asking you what is purpose of some them?

I will detail the time stamp an u can answer two or three of them at your leaisure?

Hendrik
12-26-2011, 04:23 PM
your welcome hendrik..i am interested in the snake hand chi gung you have...in all three forms our opening involves the snake hand technique where it goes side to side and up and down as you detailed...very very very interesting you have chi gung exercises for it!

We break down each tecnhique and practice it separely from the form...But there is not a snake hand chi gung exercise as your lineage as in it...We have various different chi gung from either Wing chun or tai chi...some of your body movement exercises i find interesting if you dont mind me asking you what is purpose of some them?

I will detail the time stamp an u can answer two or three of them at your leaisure?

Which lineage are you from?

Slt is qi gung. If according to ancient definition.

I wil write you and the public , a few sample of what why where ... To tell you all my story.

Yoshiyahu
12-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Which lineage are you from?

Slt is qi gung. If according to ancient definition.

I wil write you and the public , a few sample of what why where ... To tell you all my story.

My lineage comes from Yuen Kay San. By a man named Robert Lee McField. Who learn from Mau Chang or Eddie Mau. my tai chi comes Sam Shuhan Lin.

Hebrew Hammer
12-26-2011, 09:30 PM
playing with the physical, awareness, breathing, qi medirians, and momentum ( the 5 layers) with different movements in my wing chun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0i5eulDUc

Enjoy!

So Hendrik, I can see your movements but what is your mindset in doing these exercises? How are you developing awareness? Is it internal self awareness or that of your surroundings? How do mediridians and momentum come into play here? Can you provide some more detail or depth?

Thanks.

Hendrik
12-26-2011, 10:04 PM
So Hendrik, I can see your movements but what is your mindset in doing these exercises? How are you developing awareness? Is it internal self awareness or that of your surroundings? How do mediridians and momentum come into play here? Can you provide some more detail or depth?

Thanks.

It is a complex stuffs.

According to ancient tcma,
Every movement has its own physical , breathing, awareness, qi medirians flow, and momentum or the five layers. Thus, each of these movement develop different power type.

These type of things exist and one needs a sifu to coach one, going throught layer and layer until one can handle the basic, then one can toy with it in the same time.

WCK is called the art of details. So, that is what it is layers of details.

YouKnowWho
12-26-2011, 10:16 PM
It's not used to Fajin people away. Try to think this way. When you try to do something, suddenly someone shake your arm. You try to do it again, your arm is shaked again. You never even have a chance to "start" to do what you want to do.

It's only used for "defense". You try to stop your opponent from generating his power in the early stage. It also creates the distance between you and your opponent's body, so you can do whatever that you plan to do. When your opponent tries to bend forward to throw you, you suddently force his spin to bend backward, it may shock your opponent for a short period of time. That will be your advantage.

Hendrik
12-26-2011, 10:29 PM
It's not used to Fajin people away. Try to think this way. When you try to do something, suddenly someone shake your arm. You try to do it again, your arm is shaked again. You never even have a chance to "start" to do what you want to do.

It's only used for "defense". You try to stop your opponent from generating his power in the early stage. It also creates the distance between you and your opponent's body, so you can do whatever that you plan to do. When your opponent tries to bend forward to throw you, you suddently force his spin to bend backward, it may shock your opponent for a short period of time. That will be your advantage.

John,

Excellent view. Thanks!

WCK is a close body art it has this type of weapon to make complete the art.

Yoshiyahu
12-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Exactly, Doing it constantly while striking is difficult and takes practice against a resisting opponent. But once mastered it will keep your opponent so off balance he will not be able to defend whilst getting attacked! Some Wing Chun lineages do push people away. But then you have to regain contact, bridge and connection. To me it defeats the purpose to push a person out of range to have to re-anticipate their attack or bridge the gap over and over. Once connection is made I believe one should continously attack while creating new bridges...Every time you Fajin the person to disrupt their structure you create a new bridge. In my Lineage we do this by Jut Sau or jerking arm. We also Push the person an then suddenly jerk them back with a punch while striking them again. Continously off balancing them. If an opponent has no balance he can not strike with his root! No Root, no connection, no real power!

Hendrik
12-27-2011, 08:27 AM
What, why, where....etc some example.

Take a look at 2.03 2.04, this type of twisting movement or female salutation movement exist in the yik kam art from opening salutation to the section 2 3 4 or ck and bj set of other lineages. This type of twisting movement is an important part of WCK.

When I first study this type of twisting motion, same with every one I was taught the 2.03 2.04 movement and then practice it to hope to arrive at the result as what was described in the kuen kuit.

Decade later, by accident I come across this whole twisting movement as shown in from the art of the Chinese internal art and qigong master Ma Li Dang. This is a part of his healing qigong where the five layers are described very clearly While I was studying Gm Ma's art.

Since this Ma's twisting movement 2.00 to 2.04 cover my wing Chun twisting move 2.03 2.04 and achive the result as in the kuen kuit, There on I adapted this 2.00 to 2.04 movement for my wck training and sharing on this particular type of wck twisting movement . I did this because here on to train this twisting type of wck art it is well define and clearly describe in details of 5 layers. Since there no longer a need to walk the trial and erro path of training, , instead one can clearly be able to practice properly and get result.

This movement of this 2.00 to 2.04 is 6d, using reverse lower abs breathing, balance the whole qi medirians system.

2. Start from 3.14 is three type of bounce for different purposes using different parts of the body to cover vibrate body 震身mechanics 。these are shake bounce 抖彈。drop bounce 墬弾。shock bounce驚彈。Shock bounce is the core of yik kam shock or short Jin which was describe as accelerate 速 , release脫, bounce彈 , 盪recoil back. It is a 6d momentum with 5 layers details.

3。The last leg movement is the famous emei tiger step Kung with the eight methods of leg. This type of Kung is special for developing lower part of the body: leg , spine ,and qi medirians. Balance kidney and liver health . It covers the 5 layers. There is a yik kam wck set named arrow palm which has partial of the eight methods of legs and lower body training. I adapted this emei movement set to have a clearly define full lower body development technology.

There are lots of details in the art of siu Lin tau which is later name as WCK. Lots of things needs to be develop with a clear handling details. I am trying to preserve as much as I can.

kung fu fighter
12-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Exactly, Doing it constantly while striking is difficult and takes practice against a resisting opponent. But once mastered it will keep your opponent so off balance he will not be able to defend whilst getting attacked! Some Wing Chun lineages do push people away. But then you have to regain contact, bridge and connection. To me it defeats the purpose to push a person out of range to have to re-anticipate their attack or bridge the gap over and over. Once connection is made I believe one should continously attack while creating new bridges...Every time you Fajin the person to disrupt their structure you create a new bridge. In my Lineage we do this by Jut Sau or jerking arm. We also Push the person an then suddenly jerk them back with a punch while striking them again. Continously off balancing them. If an opponent has no balance he can not strike with his root! No Root, no connection, no real power!

Hi Hendrik,
would u also say this is how you use the bounce in Yik Kam's wing chun as well?

Hendrik
12-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Hi Hendrik,

I don't know how Yos fajing. So cannot tell.

Yoshiyahu
12-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi Hendrik,

You should asked him how generates Fajin!

Hendrik
12-27-2011, 04:42 PM
You should asked him how generates Fajin!

I have no idea. Getting old and weak.

Yoshiyahu
12-27-2011, 05:07 PM
I have no idea. Getting old and weak.

lol good answer!

Hendrik
12-27-2011, 05:16 PM
lol good answer!

So, what is and how to fajing? Care to share?

Yoshiyahu
12-27-2011, 11:30 PM
So, what is and how to fajing? Care to share?

Actually i was asking you how do you fajin....i wanted you to share how you fajin with your snake energy!!!

Fajin simply means explosive force or explosive energy...How i do it is different ways. One Fajin is with in the jut sau. We train external and internal aspects to build this...Another is in the different forces we use to punch. Two of which is explosive and snapping. The explosive one vibrates at the end of the strike. the snapping one is self explantory...there is also a whipping force. I dont utilize or practice it much. My Sihing and Sidai utilizes the whipping motion more. It is not as direct or linear in my estimation so i dont utilizing it as much. But the key is to utilize the five keys to generating power...which are...The entire body via your horse or footwork. Step into the punch to drive your weight behind your strikes to add power, the second key is the breath exhale upon striking your opponent. the third key is be relaxed when striking do not tense up, do not hold your breath, upon contact snap or vibrate at in to send your jing through the surface to the internal. The fourth step is use your waist in connection with your horse for additional power that means as you step turn into the strike. The fifth step is utilize your curl to expand or split the body as you strike. The Full Realization of this technique is called Rotating stepping side Punch. We also have fajin in our wrist so to speak...We train the Fajin internally when we do the forms and practice isolated techniques in the air. We train them externally when we apply them on the wooden dummy in isolated drills and freestyle techniques as well as san shou drills. This motion is short energy generated from the entire body but expelled by the wrist. In other words you punch I bil sau or wu sau to intercept. Upon intercepting you feel a pain or shock because my wrist turning causes your force to be deflected. Its the elbow driving the vehicle but its the wrist shooting out the window of that car. In a drive by shooting you have a driver and a shooter. The Wrist is the shooter and the driver is elbow. The Jing is like a whipping or cutting deflection in a way but its short...its hard for me to explain in words...i really have to show you. When i show you...then you will be like you already do the same thing. I could relate one motion to your videos. One talking about the snake engine and how you had the fist turn up. You illustrated a cutting motion. Its the same exact thing only utilize with each and every technique. The idea is not to block force but to deflect it and then turn it off!

In short we dont just use Fajin for one technique...We use it for many. From striking, to deflecting to pushing to pulling.

Hendrik
12-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks.

Intereting.

Do you have a utube demo?

imperialtaichi
12-28-2011, 03:05 AM
Thanks.

Intereting.

I second that.

Yoshiyahu
12-28-2011, 01:53 PM
If Both Post are referring to me...No I do not!

Thanks.

Intereting.

I second that.