PDA

View Full Version : Weight vest training.

voodoocat
06-19-2001, 06:29 PM
Anyone here do it? I've got one person telling me that it does too much damage to your joints. I personally disagree. What do you guys think?

SevenStar
06-20-2001, 06:22 AM
my sifu was given a weight vest as a gift, but he doesn't use it. In 1998, I met an olympian - some chick who competed for the US in the bobsled. While talking about training, she said that the bobsled team did weight vest training.We didn't discuss what potenjtial harm could be done though.

-SevenStar©
Come not between the dragon and his wrath...

IronFist
06-20-2001, 06:36 AM
Well, I imagine training with a weighted vest might be similar to training with a big beer gut :)

I don't know about joint problems. I know punching with wrist weights and running/kicking with ankle weights can mess up your joints pretty bad, however.

I've heard about some sets, full of tumbling and falling and stuff, that once you can do them, you start adding 5lbs or something to a vest and keep performing them. I don't know that much about it tho.

Iron

voodoocat
06-20-2001, 04:07 PM
That's my take on the situation. Though, I would rather be able to take the extra weight off at the end of my workout ;)

I just spent 5 months getting rid of the gut I gained in my beer drinking days.