PDA

View Full Version : Great lakes kung fu championships

ginosifu
01-06-2012, 03:08 PM
We are having our Annual Great Lakes Kung Fu Championships / Shuai Chiao and San Shou Nationals again here in Cleveland Ohio.

April 14, 2012
Case Western Reserve University
Tradtional Kung Fu Forms, Weapons, Internal Forms, Weapons
Continuous Light Contact Sparring
Shuai Chiao
San Shou

You can go to my website for more info:

http://shaolininstitute.com/institute/events.shtml

JUDGES ! Who wants to be a Judge? Anyone interested in helping out?

SEMINARS: Who wants to have a seminar at our tournament? If you let me know now I will include your seminar in all of our advertisments. Last year EarthDragon and Mooyingmantis had seminars.... pretty good stuff there. Here is a chance for you to promote your kung fu maybe even make a little $$$$

let me know

ginosifu

EarthDragon
01-06-2012, 06:26 PM
By far one of the best, most attended and well put together tourney's in the tri -state area. I suggest you make your plans to come, compete and support.

Dragonzbane76
01-06-2012, 08:18 PM
I made it up a few years ago. Was a good time. Hope you have a good turn out.

IronWeasel
01-07-2012, 08:25 AM
We are having our Annual Great Lakes Kung Fu Championships / Shuai Chiao and San Shou Nationals again here in Cleveland Ohio.

April 14, 2012
Case Western Reserve University
Tradtional Kung Fu Forms, Weapons, Internal Forms, Weapons
Continuous Light Contact Sparring
Shuai Chiao
San Shou

You can go to my website for more info:

JUDGES ! Who wants to be a Judge? Anyone interested in helping out?

SEMINARS: Who wants to have a seminar at our tournament? If you let me know now I will include your seminar in all of our advertisments. Last year EarthDragon and Mooyingmantis had seminars.... pretty good stuff there. Here is a chance for you to promote your kung fu maybe even make a little $$$$

let me know

ginosifu

Just an FYI....

This post says April 14th, but the flyer and the old calendar post says April 9th.

IW

ginosifu
01-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Just an FYI....

This post says April 14th, but the flyer and the old calendar post says April 9th.

IW

Yes,
That was last years flyer. I have not got the new pdf file from the printer guy yet. However all the important info is all the same.

ginosifu

IronWeasel
01-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Okay...

So the correct date for 2011 is the 14th, right?

Thanx

Subitai
01-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Okay...

Thanx

You mean 2012 correct?

ginosifu
01-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Okay...

Thanx

Yes

Saturday April 14, 2012

ginosifu

IronWeasel
01-08-2012, 08:08 AM
You mean 2012 correct?

Lol....

Yeah. I'm still writing 2011 on everything at work too.

mjw
01-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Wish it were closer to Chicago, looks fun enjoy!

RonBlair
01-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Is there any video available from last year?

David Jamieson
01-11-2012, 08:26 AM
ATTN: RonBlair - Remove your taunts from your sig lines towards another member here.

They are inflammatory and unacceptable even by the Ts&Cs of the site.

That is all.

RonBlair
01-11-2012, 08:28 AM
ATTN: RonBlair - Remove your taunts from your sig lines towards another member here.

They are inflammatory and unacceptable even by the Ts&Cs of the site.

That is all.

Fine. Drake told me. Just don't ban me please, dictator.

David Jamieson
01-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Fine. Drake told me. Just don't ban me please, dictator.

Nice. real nice.

Just get rid of them. :mad:
I don't care what excuses you have or insults you wanna throw.
I won't ban you, you'll ban yourself.

RonBlair
01-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Nice. real nice.

Just get rid of them. :mad:
I don't care what excuses you have or insults you wanna throw.
I won't ban you, you'll ban yourself.

That's exactly what a guy says when he's beating his wife. "you're making me do it"

EarthDragon
01-11-2012, 10:26 AM
DJ this guys an idiot. he was bashing people when he had only 14 posts. I know 11 members that have him on ignore list in 1 month. not a good start for a new member. perhaps he sa banned member that is using a alias

Yao Sing
01-11-2012, 11:00 AM
I really don't get these guys wasting valuable training time talking crap on an Internet forum. I mean if horse stance is a waste of training time what is mouthboxing on the 'Net?

ginosifu
01-11-2012, 11:07 AM
I really don't get these guys wasting valuable training time talking crap on an Internet forum. I mean if horse stance is a waste of training time what is mouthboxing on the 'Net?

:) :) :) My Thoughts Exactly !

Just finished almost 3 hours of training

10AM to 11:45 Drilling and Shuai Chiao practice at my teachers school.

Short 15 minute drive to my school.

12:Noon to 1PM drilling and Sparring with my student.

I had no idea or part there of, RonBlair and his waste of time......

Everyone should drop what they are doing right now and give 50 finger tip push ups and 100 Belt Cracking drills then drop and give me your favorite form 10 times nice and hard!

ginosifu

Lucas
01-11-2012, 11:29 AM
I mean if horse stance is a waste of training time what is mouthboxing on the 'Net?

the most important thing in the universe man!! :rolleyes: duh

Brule
01-11-2012, 12:02 PM
a quick search in google image for mouthboxing turned out this.....

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/158807/BETTY-WHITE-HOT-DOG.jpg

ginosifu
01-11-2012, 12:23 PM
The Chinese National Shuai Chiao team from Beijing has invited us to bring 2 teams to China this November for a SC Tourney. All SC fighters that come to my Great Lakes Kung Fu Tourney will have a chance to place on the U.S team.

Here is a chance for all you mouth boxers and arm chair quarterbacks to step up and see what you are made of. If you think that our tournament does not have any skilled fighters, then bring your ass here to Cleveland and show us what you got, instead of hiding behind your computer!

I think I might come out of retirement just go fight again in China.

ginosifu

EarthDragon
01-11-2012, 04:58 PM
dont worry about me gentlmen, I train 6 days a week rest on sundays and teach 2 classes a day 3 times a week.
I was just pointing out to the admin about this particual members rude posts towards others.

ginosifu
01-13-2012, 01:51 PM
For those who are doubters, I will be putting some vids up to share with you guys;

This one is in Beijing China 2006. Dr. Weng and I were doing some demonstrations for a television station. First Dr. Weng did Chang style Tai Chi, then I did Northern Shaolin Tun Da #6. Next was a friendly SC match for the TV cameras. The vid shows me against the local Shuai Chiao team captain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VMooJ_-Eb0

comments are welcome an sorry about the audio... some how my old mini dv cassettes are kinda corrupted or something. I could olny pull the video.

ginosifu

IronWeasel
04-16-2012, 05:35 AM
Ginosifu, et al.

Thanks for hosting the Tourney this year.

It was a great time.

A better turn out than previous years.

IronWeasel
04-28-2012, 08:08 AM
Hello Gino. How are things?

I meant to say 'Hi' at the tourney, but you were busy ref'ing.

I was just wondering: was it your group who put on the tournament in Medina, Oh thatusually ran in October?

I haven't seen that one advertised in a few years.

Thanks.

ginosifu
04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
No that's Tony Yang's Tourney aka Warrior championship I believe. August 4, this year in Akron's JCC I think... ask Mooyingmantis.... he's got the info too.

ginosifu

IronWeasel
04-28-2012, 02:14 PM
No that's Tony Yang's Tourney aka Warrior championship I believe. August 4, this year in Akron's JCC I think... ask Mooyingmantis.... he's got the info too.

ginosifu

Gotcha

Thanks

mooyingmantis
04-28-2012, 07:06 PM

ginosifu

Shifu Yang hosts the Hall of Fame Championship. It will be held at the same location as last year, the Shaw Jewish Community Center in Akron, Ohio.

The information can be found here:

http://www.wutangcenter.com/wt/2012tournamentinfo.htm

It is not as big (size-wise) as the Great Lakes Kung Fu Championships. However, Master Sun De Yao and dignitaries from China often show up for the Master's Demonstration. The demo is worth coming to see even if you and your students are not competing.

Also, Master Yang's disciples are true gentlemen and make everyone feel welcome. They are great representations of what martial artists should be.

IronWeasel
04-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Shifu Yang hosts the Hall of Fame Championship. It will be held at the same location as last year, the Shaw Jewish Community Center in Akron, Ohio.

The information can be found here:

http://www.wutangcenter.com/wt/2012tournamentinfo.htm

It is not as big (size-wise) as the Great Lakes Kung Fu Championships. However, Master Sun De Yao and dignitaries from China often show up for the Master's Demonstration. The demo is worth coming to see even if you and your students are not competing.

Also, Master Yang's disciples are true gentlemen and make everyone feel welcome. They are great representations of what martial artists should be.

Maybe they should post it on the calendar here.

mooyingmantis
04-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Maybe they should post it on the calendar here.

Good idea! Maybe RAF will see this thread and do that.

pateticorecords
12-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Sifu Gino,

Hope you are well. Are you having a tournament in 2013?

Thank you.

IronWeasel
12-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Sifu Gino,

Hope you are well. Are you having a tournament in 2013?

Thank you.

Bump..........

ginosifu
12-28-2012, 05:32 PM
SATURDAY APRIL 27, 2013

it will be held at Case Western Reserve University's Veale Center on Adelbert Drive in Cleveland, Ohio 44106. You can call John Ervin at 216.431.4991 or 216.410.8785 for any questions or registration information.

sorry guys Ive been a bit slow on getting it together....

More ifo to come

ginosifu

GeneChing
12-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Email me your 2013 info formatted like so:

To register upcoming events (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/news/new_event.php), contact Gene Ching at Gene@KungFuMagazine.com and provide the following information:

Year:
Month:
Day:
Duration: (days)
Event Type:
Title:
Description:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip/Postal:
Phone:
Email:
URL:

ginosifu
12-28-2012, 05:57 PM
sure thing Gene

ginosifu

pateticorecords
01-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Thank you Sifu Gina for the update and the information. Happy New Year!

Subitai
01-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Man!! ( as in frustrated...)

Sux that it's always the date really close to World Tai Chi Day event weekend.

Best wishes on another great year though!!!

GeneChing
01-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Email me your 2013 info formatted like so:

sure thing Gene
Never mind what I said earlier. You can just enter it yourself, Gino, just like before. See ADD EVENT (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/news/new_event.php).

IronWeasel
03-29-2013, 10:23 AM
SATURDAY APRIL 27, 2013

it will be held at Case Western Reserve University's Veale Center on Adelbert Drive in Cleveland, Ohio 44106. You can call John Ervin at 216.431.4991 or 216.410.8785 for any questions or registration information.

sorry guys Ive been a bit slow on getting it together....

More ifo to come

ginosifu

Bump to the top. :)

Subitai
04-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Hey guys just letting anyone know this upcoming April 22nd I'll be there paying my dues helping out my kung fu brother John Ervin...I'll be doing some judging on the day of the tournament.
Also the follow day Sunday April 23rd(still to be listed) I'll be doing a work shop on 2 things:
(1) "Hung Gar Clinch" A couple of entries and set ups to a standing clinch & how to drill them. How to enter on your opponent & how to receive a person to make them empty. To me those are like having a good gun...if you have that, you can launch any bullet.
(2) Depending on attendees, My Taiji Push Hands tips: In 2015, my students won all events in Tai chi push hands (Fixed step and Free moving) and they had never competed before. That says allot about their instruction, I will teach some of my methods to help you achieve the same results.

*For those that know don't know me, I specialize in Hung Gar and Taiji and my past with san shou & MMA how I relate it back to traditional.

Bonus: I'll be arriving the night before, Friday April 21st (probably around 6pm 'ish) with a couple of my students. We'll be staying at the Hotel where many of the other competitors are staying. If people wanted to engage in some friendly push hands or touch hands down in the lobby during the evening or sometime that weekend I would not be opposed. ;D
Clarion Hotel
26300 Chagrin Boulevard
Beachwood, OH 44122

GREAT LAKES KUNG FU CHAMPIONSHIPS: April 22, 2017

Details:
This year marks the 25th. anniversary of the tournament. This year's event will special VIP guests and Grandmaster appearances. The Great Lakes Kung Fu Championshipsm is the Great Lakes Region's hot spot for traditional Chinese Martial Arts action. Over 150 divisions of traditional northern, southern, internal, weapons, light contact sparring and Shuai Chiao (Chinese Wrestling). For more information you can call John Ervin at 216.431.4991, 216.410.8785 for any questions or registration information

You can download The Tournament Flyer with Hotel / Driving Direction / Tournament Fees etc:
http://shaolininstitute.com/institute/WINGLAM2017.pdf

GeneChing
04-06-2017, 01:19 PM
First CMAT (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?36106-Who-s-going-to-Berkeley-CMAT-this-year&p=1300306#post1300306), then Great Lakes, then us (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?69762-KUNG-FU-TAI-CHI-25TH-ANNIVERSARY-FESTIVAL-May-19-21-2017-San-Jose-CA). 1992 was one rocking year for Chinese Martial Arts.

Have a great time, Brother O! I would love a pic of you judging, holding up a score card that says '0.00'. That would make a great meme here - O scores it 0. :p

Subitai
04-28-2017, 12:20 PM
First CMAT (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?36106-Who-s-going-to-Berkeley-CMAT-this-year&p=1300306#post1300306), then Great Lakes, then us (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?69762-KUNG-FU-TAI-CHI-25TH-ANNIVERSARY-FESTIVAL-May-19-21-2017-San-Jose-CA). 1992 was one rocking year for Chinese Martial Arts.

Have a great time, Brother O! I would love a pic of you judging, holding up a score card that says '0.00'. That would make a great meme here - O scores it 0. :p

HERE YOU GO...some pics from the day!