PDA

View Full Version : Pushup always are hard!

jbmmaster
06-24-2001, 12:29 AM
Ive been doing pushups for a couple of years plus bench press and they never really improve. I do 50 pushup at one time and I always struggle on them, does anyone know why this is happening?Does anyone know how to improve this so I can be able to do much more at one time? :confused:

"always expect the unexpected"

Lost_Disciple
06-24-2001, 03:50 AM
The only 2 things I've tried that have kind of worked are pyramiding and set number of reps.

If you don't already know, a typical pyramiding scheme would look like:
10-20-30-40-50-40-30-20-10

The set number of reps idea was doing as many sets of as many reps as I could do until I hit a certain number. My old magic number used to be one-hundred. I was able to go up from doing only 30 at one time, to doing 75. This idea also worked well for pullups and I'm about to start doing it again for both.

Hope it helps.

IronFist
06-24-2001, 08:09 AM
A few years ago I found the ultimate pushup program ever. I don't remember the address (I will search for it), but I did print out copies that have the addy on them.

I will find this address, and then post it for you guys.

Seriously, this program kicks the crap out of everything I've ever seen as far as pushups go. Better than pyramids, better than SEALS bull****, better than Matt Furey, etc.

I know, tough talk right? Don't worry, I'll find it soon :)

Everytime I follow this program I not only get an incredible pump in my pecs and tri's, but my bench seems to go up 10-15 pounds as a result, too!

Iron