PDA

View Full Version : Stretching everyday

jbmmaster
06-25-2001, 02:31 AM
Does anyone here stretch everyday?, I mean for flexablily. I use to not stretch that much and now I stretch everyday, do you think this is healthy, or do you think stretching everyday is Okay as long as your not soar? because if I dont I feel that I will lose some of the flexabily I worked for the daybefore.

"Always expect the unexpected"

IronFist
06-25-2001, 07:23 AM
Dude, you should never be sore from too much stretching. If you are sore the next day, you stretched too hard. Stretching every day is good if it makes you feel good, and you see results.

Iron

harry_the_monk
06-25-2001, 04:38 PM
I've only just started getting back into stretching and fitness really, but I have noticed that sometimes my stretch is about only half of what I managed the day before, does this mean I am probably stretching too hard???

Peace...

Brian_CA
06-25-2001, 05:14 PM
J.B.,

It is perfectly natural to feel sore after stetching. When you adopt a systemactical stretching routine into your routine you will begin to break up tension and areas injury within your body.

When you start stretching everday, you must start slowly and go to the point of streching without straining. Remember that you are adding something new to your routine and you body needs to be prepared for the exercises. Less is more at first.

Also when you stretch, think about opposing muscle groups. The body has a natural logic to it. If you stretch one way, try and anchor yourself by also streching in the opposite direction. It is a rubberband effect. If you pull a rubberband one way, what happens? Nothing. However, if you grab the other end and pull, what happens? It stretches! The same idea can be within your body.

Here are a couple of guidelines to remember to stretch safely:

1. Focus on proper alignment of the body.
2. Make sure that you have correct weight distribution.
3. Regulate your respiration.
3. Stretch without straining. Go to the point were it begin to hurt, then back off slightly.
4. Remember the rubberband effect.

Hope this helps.

Brian
San Francisco, CA

Ford Prefect
06-26-2001, 07:49 PM
Depends on the type of stretching you are doing... PNF, STI, Dynamic, Static, etc.