PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun Supplments, Herbs, Diet

Yoshiyahu
01-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Does anyone follow any healthy eating tips. Like Do you eat raw veggies and fruits. Do you have any special protien diet or do you juice "'Jack-o-lane" not steriods...Are there any types of herbs you use or vitamins to supplement your growth in your Wing Chun?

I tend to eat alot of beef for the yang, Chicken for the Yin and I take Red Chinese Ginseng!

What do you do?

anerlich
01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
What do you do?

Try to follow basic dietary guidelines. Unless you have precise goals and expert advice, getting too weird with your diet can be a very bad idea. The long road to ruin is littered with the corpses of those who tried to follow strict macrobiotic guidelines or other dietary weirdness..

I supplement with fish oil and glucosamine. Take a daily multivitamin as well just in case.

When did chicken become yin?

Yoshiyahu
01-09-2012, 07:21 PM
lol I read long time ago...that chicken in america is pumped with estrogen hormones. Making it more Yin...ne way...I feel the difference between eating chicken and beef....Not sure about fish because i cant stand the taste...

Try to follow basic dietary guidelines. Unless you have precise goals and expert advice, getting too weird with your diet can be a very bad idea. The long road to ruin is littered with the corpses of those who tried to follow strict macrobiotic guidelines or other dietary weirdness..

I supplement with fish oil and glucosamine. Take a daily multivitamin as well just in case.

When did chicken become yin?

hulkout
01-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Don't try too hard to plan out a complex diet and supplement plan. It won't last. Trust me. I work in the fitness industry and I've seen countless people get on a super strict plan for at the most six months only to get frustrated and end up binging on Burger King and Pizza Hut. The key to longevity in fitness, martial arts, or anything else is simplicity. If you complicate it, you kill it. Just be sure to get some quality protein and complex carbohydrate at each meal. Protein does not have to be meat. Beans, nuts, legumes, and other vegetarian sources work well also. Include whole grain breads, pastas, potatoes, veggies and fruits and you've got a good realistic plan. It's also okay to cheat once or twice a week and grab a cheeseburger or whatever.

If you want to be in this for the long haul (and martial arts by nature is a long journey), you have to think realistically whether or not you can follow your meal plan for years or decades, not weeks or months. After some time, you'll just know what and how much to eat. I've been working out so long that I just know how much to eat . I can feel if I've eaten a bit too much junk food and can adjust accordingly. I don't count calories or weigh food or anything like that. Believe me. That's the only way. If you go through life constantly thinking Yin this, Yang that, 30 grams protein, 60 grams carbs, etc, you'll go insane.

k gledhill
01-09-2012, 09:48 PM
I recommend PASTA , breakfast of champions.

mjw
01-10-2012, 08:33 AM
drink snakes blood like they did in fight quest or whatever it was called lol

Grumblegeezer
01-10-2012, 09:44 AM
I prefer to feast on the flesh of my fallen foes. Remember you are what you eat, so avoid eating wimps, and also don't eat the nerve tissue or brains. People might think you're a zombie. LOL.

Ok, seriously, I never eat human brains or nerve tissue anymore because of the risk of contracting "kuru" or Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. I even stopped eating animal brains after learning more about BSE (bovine spongiform encephalopathy or "mad-cow" disease). Don't you miss those tacos de seso (brain tacos)?

Yoshiyahu
01-10-2012, 03:59 PM
drink snakes blood like they did in fight quest or whatever it was called lol

lol you and gumble are too funnt!