Hendrik
01-15-2012, 02:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th3g1C4jbd8

enjoy!

nasmedicine
01-15-2012, 03:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th3g1C4jbd8

enjoy!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge brother.

Runlikehell
01-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Yes, thank you for sharing.

Hendrik
01-15-2012, 09:07 PM
You all are welcome.

Siu Lin tau is for training neigong or engine. It is certainly not just mimic the move and practice for next 100000 years and get no where. So, every bits needed to be clear. What I present is the indoor training where Public student doesn't get. In the old time, neigong training is purposely hold out of public. It is a transformation of body and mind.

My bottom line here is, to release it. So the art could continous. Atleast know, what exist in the past.

I am no ms wing Chun or yik kam, I don't know everything. But I do know briefly what likely on 1850 how things look. Some how later for some reason, the snake reel evolve out of the picture and the crane withstand with bow become rigid hold and support by fix structure. Yjkym become either larger stance or lock up the three bottom bows.

Imho, WCK Jin cannot be the Hkm ngo cho or hung gar type because WCK has that pendulum Retograde sickle nature. That is the way to make WCK sets alive. Once one put the snake reel crane withstand into the set, the snake engine will awake and the set become alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBGm15iuNVQ

imperialtaichi
01-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Thanks Hendrik, interesting and well explained :)

A discussion on Bows: there is a saying "People walk the Bow. I walk the Bow String." Some interpret it as others travel the curve, but Wing Chun travels the straight line. But there's more to it.

Though the Body is/are Bow/s, while the bow stores the energy, the power is expressed through the Bow Strings. We are not bashing someone with the Bow, but the power is released into the opponent through the Strings.

This is totally related to Fajin of many "soft" styles. (I don't like the "soft" style term, as really there is no soft or hard.)

Hendrik
01-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Yik kam slt bow as it is.
And the force travel on the invisible string joining the two edges. Replace every joint in your body with this :)

http://www.macsspring.com/trianglespring.aspx

Or

Like this
http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Main/captainsofcrush.html

It is a triangle like but not a rigid triangle rack.

Hendrik
01-16-2012, 07:16 AM
This is a partial kuen kuit for the first section to give you a feel
左手鞭出橫力勁. Left hand whip out lateral Jin.
神寄指爪袖底旁. Place the awareness in finger, craw, around the sleeve .
旋迥自然順脈气 spinning retrograde natural ly Accord to the medirians flow.

The following is partial for second section

掌背向外神意足。the back of palm facing outward with a full Shen / awareness and yee / intention
翻掌抽纒對心防。flip the palm pulling reel guarding the heart
吞吐如虹發力罡。suck and split releasing unstopable strength .

If the sky opened up for me,
And the mountain disappeared,
If the seas ran dry, turned to dust
And the sun refused to rise
I would still find my way,
By the light I see in your eyes
The world I know fades away
But you stay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBGm15iuNVQ

LoneTiger108
01-17-2012, 05:17 AM
This is a partial kuen kuit for the first section to give you a feel

After taking a look at the clip (finally!) I can see some major similarities on the 'idea' of fluidity of motion and how that is acheived, over the familiar tensed and closed way some practise their SLT sets.

But I have to say, the first 'section' you highlight seems to just be a Hoi Sik (Signature Set) of Yik Kam and has little, or nothing to do with the SLT set itself fme. The snake characteristic and flow is great but personally I would give full credit to Yik Kams 'addition' rather than say it's the be all and end all of Wing Chun SLT.

Rather like the 'Kuen Kuit' you mention too. Is it not just Yik Kams personal notes?

It is clear that your dynamics are different than most western Wing Chun schools, as will be the SLT itself I presume, and I would put this down to a heavy Taichi influence, possibly dierectly inputted by Yik Kam himself for his own reasons.

I find that from a healthy perspective, you may be onto something, but as far as Wing Chun is concerned I rather like the format and message Ip Man put out himself even if that too is very much misunderstood these days imho.

Hendrik
01-17-2012, 07:06 AM
But I have to say, the first 'section' you highlight seems to just be a Hoi Sik (Signature Set) of Yik Kam and has little, or nothing to do with the SLT set itself fme. The snake characteristic and flow is great but personally I would give full credit to Yik Kams 'addition' rather than say it's the be all and end all of Wing Chun SLT.

Rather like the 'Kuen Kuit' you mention too. Is it not just Yik Kams personal notes?

It is clear that your dynamics are different than most western Wing Chun schools, as will be the SLT itself I presume, and I would put this down to a heavy Taichi influence, possibly dierectly inputted by Yik Kam himself for his own reasons.

My finding from my research is

1. Take a look at the WCK lineage such as yks, snake crane, chan wah there is always a snake reel or sup jee sau section before the so called Sam bai fut section. Take a look at kulo Fung Chun clip, the snake reel type of signature include the emei 12 zhuang five finger trace taichi is there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDpx5juWHX0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Ap3Hgfbqs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmXWjKPYIts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj5OElGZCgU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IEej1FpJwo

Thus, we know there is a snake reel section befor the Sam bai fut section.

The following yik kam kuen kuit hold for that snake reel or sup jee sau section across WCK lineage.

Similarly, the following yik kam slt kuen kuit hold for the so called Sam bai fut section of slt across WCK lineage.

掌背向外神意足。the back of palm facing outward with a full Shen / awareness and yee / intention
翻掌抽纒對心防。flip the palm pulling reel guarding the heart
吞吐如虹發力罡。suck and split releasing unstopable strength .

2. Slt snake reel or yik kam reel is distinctly different to taiji but emei 12 zhuang related. As #1 above, there is a trace of emei snake signature in this section across WCK lineage. Snake reel can also identify in the biu jee set .

As Sifu Sergio has pointing out in his biu jee YouTube clip on how the mainland China WCK lineage did the biu jee. Take a look at that clip. Also, the above snake reel kuen kuit applied to this type of biu jee handling in Sergio s clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4eWIAYvf9Q

Thus,
From the yik kam kuen kuit and seeing trace from different WCK lineages , we know there are details in 1850 which evolve away today.

For example, The thump handling is one of the details . Across taiji lineage doesn't use this type of handling, but emei 12 zhuang does. Thus, it is not just reel or flow , it is different ways of flow handling.

And The bow in slt also has evolved.
Hold on or fix clamping to fix structure and sink root to the ground doesn't Empower slt. Like a car, one needs those shock absorber . Bigger size frame or mount the rack rigid doesn't do the job of shock absorb.

IMHO, yjkym is levitate or float on top of the bows instead of make a fix rigid rack and sink or mount to the ground. WCK evolve away from the white crane San chin stance this way.

3. Things exist in the past always left a trace . But it is not an easy topic.

LoneTiger108
01-17-2012, 10:03 AM
3. Things exist in the past always left a trace . But it is not an easy topic.

You are not wrong there! :)

Thanks for trying to shed light on what you mean and I will be sure to look into the clips you have posted (although I think I may have already done so before)

Just to keep things moving, are you 'suggesting' that the hoisik that Yik Kam used, and the one you demonstrate before the SBF in SLT in the clip, is actually contained in all/most of mainland Wing Chun? In which case it may not have been Yik Kams personal addition?

Or are you saying that most mainland lineages have a flavour of this hoisik in their own training sets? Connecting them to pre 1850 version of WCK?

kung fu fighter
01-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Hey Hendrik,
In regards to the spring behind your wrist anology in crane withstand in the section section of yi kam siu lin tau clip, is it one spring that goes from behind your wrist directly to your torso? or a spring that goes though each joint of the body from behind your wrist through your elbow, though your shoulder, through your hip, through your knees down to your ankles?

and when absorbing/desoliving the opponent force (hua jing), do you utilize the spring in each joint or just in one or two joints?

you once mentioned that the snake engine is like you hit on your spring bed, each of them wave in different ways. Did you mean that each spring is set in a different angle so that they can absord forces from different directions?

Also is the crane withstand concept what you refer to as 6 direction force vector?

Hendrik
01-17-2012, 11:12 AM
You are not wrong there! :)

Thanks for trying to shed light on what you mean and I will be sure to look into the clips you have posted (although I think I may have already done so before)

Just to keep things moving, are you 'suggesting' that the hoisik that Yik Kam used, and the one you demonstrate before the SBF in SLT in the clip, is actually contained in all/most of mainland Wing Chun? In which case it may not have been Yik Kams personal addition?

Or are you saying that most mainland lineages have a flavour of this hoisik in their own training sets? Connecting them to pre 1850 version of WCK?

1.As in all other WCK lineage clip above,
The yik kam slt first section is not the hoisik. Hoisik is a different sequence.

2. Snake reel is snake reel , different lineages can have Different reeling combination. Those who knows it can do just one single huen sau, a biu jee as Sergio does, or a sup jee sau to show the reelling in WCK. Nothing fix . It is the present of soul of the art matter .

3. Got nothing to do with hoisik. It is focus on snake reel and crane withstand.
slt has a core element of snake reel or twisting/winning spring and a core element of crane withstand or triangle bow. And every older WCK lineages from yks, chan wah sun, snake crane, kulo, cho all has them.

Hendrik
01-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey Hendrik,
In regards to the spring behind your wrist anology in crane withstand in the section section of yi kam siu lin tau clip, is it one spring that goes from behind your wrist directly to your torso? or a spring that goes though each joint of the body from behind your wrist through your elbow, though your shoulder, through your hip, through your knees down to your ankles?

and when absorbing/desoliving the opponent force (hua jing), do you utilize the spring in each joint or just in one or two joints?

you once mentioned that the snake engine is like you hit on your spring bed, each of them wave in different ways. Did you mean that each spring is set in a different angle so that they can absord forces from different directions?

Also is the crane withstand concept what you refer to as 6 direction force vector?

1. Every joints is a bow.

2. Six bows can be used as one or individually.

Snake reel = winding spring
Crane withstand = bow spring
Triangle, arc, lever, ...ect = mechanics advantage.

All are core elements of implement Jin in 6 Direction force vector field.

All are a part of the snake engine.
All are a part of the dynamic structure

4. One needs the big picture and details to make things work = siu Lin tau = the training of small details.

kung fu fighter
01-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Snake reel = winding spring
Crane withstand = bow spring

Does the snake reel winding spring function exactly like the crane withstand bow spring when it comes to absorbing the opponent's force?

if not what's the difference in the two spring methods when absorbing the opponent's force?

Hendrik
01-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Does the snake reel winding spring function exactly like the crane withstand bow spring when it comes to absorbing the opponent's force?

if not what's the difference in the two spring methods when absorbing the opponent's force?

Crane bow

http://www.macsspring.com/trianglespring.aspx

Snake reel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_spring

Please re visit my previous post above on snake engine.

Instead of Keep thinking, do all the stuffs in my play with five layers Kung clip. Those are special drill for develop these stuffs covering different cases of reel spring bow spring combination with fa Jin.

I have no secret those stuffs are WCK ancestors properties, not mine. So, use it . Just make sure to give credit to Cho family and my sifu Cho Hung Choy for preserving things.

LoneTiger108
01-17-2012, 01:25 PM
1.As in all other WCK lineage clip above,
The yik kam slt first section is not the hoisik. Hoisik is a different sequence.

2. Snake reel is snake reel , different lineages can have Different reeling combination. Those who knows it can do just one single huen sau, a biu jee as Sergio does, or a sup jee sau to show the reelling in WCK. Nothing fix . It is the present of soul of the art matter .

3. Got nothing to do with hoisik. It is focus on snake reel and crane withstand.
slt has a core element of snake reel or twisting/winning spring and a core element of crane withstand or triangle bow. And every older WCK lineages from yks, chan wah sun, snake crane, kulo, cho all has them.

Thanks Hendrik that does make sense to me (of sorts)

This sort of discussion interests me as you know, not just because of my Sigungs small connections to Kulo and Cho family, but because I think I was also taught something very similar but at different points in training. Not as one set in itself.

As an example, my opening sets of CK & BJ contain some of these characteristics too as well as my wooden man training.

Hendrik
01-18-2012, 10:07 PM
So we know, the so called clamping in yjkym is bow set up, it is not fix rigid. With bow set up, one will get the power in agile nature narrow stance.

That is how slt depart from white crane of fujian 's wider San chin stance into the direction. And this clamp is also not hung gar iron wire set type of yjkym because slt clamping is a spring stance not a rooted stance. Slt yjkym sits in neutral potion to allow the bow to be ready at all instance. Sinking and rooting is no longer neutral stance.

With the above, it forces the slt yjkym to go internal soft to develop the bow.

kung fu fighter
01-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Yjkym become either larger stance or lock up the three bottom bows.

How do you keep the three bottom bows unlock, while at the same time relaxing the lower back, butt?

Hendrik
01-19-2012, 03:24 PM
How do you keep the three bottom bows unlock, while at the same time relaxing the lower back, butt?

Loosing the whole body.

kung fu fighter
01-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Loosing the whole body.

When you drop the tailbone to align the lower spine, doesn't that engage and put some tension in your gluteus maximus and outer quads?

Hendrik
01-19-2012, 08:44 PM
When you drop the tailbone to align the lower spine, doesn't that engage and put some tension in your gluteus maximus and outer quads?

You need some one who has it to coach you.
Can't learn these stuff with words only.

It takes a person with coaching for months to just get the loose. So, it is hopeless to think one can think and control the body with mind and that's it. Breathing issue also surface. So, it is not just align the physical part here and there. Qi layer will surface too.

The fact is one train and develop the body until things come naturally . One get into it without even has to think.

You are in the east coast, just go train with sifu Jim Rosaleno in his MIT club if you are serious.

I myself has to baisi to sifu in china to learn internal stuffs. Understanding is one thing. Can one do it is another. Real Kung fu is expensive and timely.

LoneTiger108
01-20-2012, 05:40 AM
So we know, the so called clamping in yjkym is bow set up, it is not fix rigid. With bow set up, one will get the power in agile nature narrow stance.

Yes I agree 100% with our YJKYM having a 'flexibility' about it. I have a specific interactive set that trains this which I have also shared here before (but it wasn't received well! lol!)

I have also said before that SLT is dead without the stepping and mobility training set into the body while you are learning the hand/eye co-ordination. For me, this was classical Moifa patterns (from White Crane no doubt) and some varying 'legwork' exercises. Personally I had learnt alot of that BEFORE I even saw SLT, but that was just how my Sifu was ;)

Graham H
01-20-2012, 05:50 AM
I have also said before that SLT is dead without the stepping and mobility training set into the body while you are learning the hand/eye co-ordination.

What does your SLT actually teach you Spencer??

Hendrik
01-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Yes I agree 100% with our YJKYM having a 'flexibility' about it. I have a specific interactive set that trains this which I have also shared here before (but it wasn't received well! lol!)

I have also said before that SLT is dead without the stepping and mobility training set into the body while you are learning the hand/eye co-ordination. For me, this was classical Moifa patterns (from White Crane no doubt) and some varying 'legwork' exercises. Personally I had learnt alot of that BEFORE I even saw SLT, but that was just how my Sifu was ;)

Do you have a clip you can share with us here?

Hendrik
01-21-2012, 09:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klh60BBigQw&feature=g-hist&context=G29246d6AHTxoRIAADAA

One can use this clip as an example to investigate what is it.

Just ask a few questions.

Does it has snake reel? Does it have crane withstand?

Is it an snake reel crane withstand fusion art?

If yes, how is it done?

LoneTiger108
01-23-2012, 10:59 AM
What does your SLT actually teach you Spencer??

If I told you that G I would have to kill you :p

And I can only guess that it's teaching us both similar things, but in a different way...

LoneTiger108
01-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Do you have a clip you can share with us here?

No Hendrik I don't. I think my Sifu has all the video tapes from my day and I can not see him ever putting that stuff out publically! Unless he wants to embarass us all! Although I have seen some of it within his own facebook clips, but it's being done in a less formal, less structured way I think.

I will see if I get some time filming in the new year.

Hendrik
01-24-2012, 11:38 AM
here Wayne mention the six force of Wing Chun where I called it the six bows.

在詠春拳中常強調「六力合一」,六力即踝力、胯力、腰力、肩力,肘力、
及腕力,所謂力從地起,腰馬合一,

http://www.scwc.com.hk/SCWC/Articles/000005.pdf

so, it can be called with different name but they are the same thing. WCK is WCK.

Hendrik
01-26-2012, 09:15 AM
放四大。莫把捉。寂滅性中隨飲啄。
成六弓。得六力。唯証乃知難可測。
身鬆神凝息自調。一任自然功夫長。

Cft, could you please help me to translate on this? Thanks.

CFT
01-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Going to take a while since I haven't a clue. It's a Buddhist text? I can find some Chinese explanations via Google. Written by Wing Gaa dai si (Rev. Weng Jia)?

kung fu fighter
01-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Cft, could you please help me to translate on this? Thanks.
http://www.scwc.com.hk/SCWC/Articles/000005.pdf

CFT
01-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Going to take a while since I haven't a clue. Part of it is a Buddhist text? I can find some Chinese explanations via Google. Written by Wing Gaa dai si (Rev. Weng Jia)?

1st attempt:

放四大。莫把捉。寂滅性中隨飲啄。Let go of self*. Do not hold on. The Buddhist nature should be as natural as drinking and eating.

成六弓。得六力。唯証乃知難可測。Complete the 6 bows, gain the 6 powers. The evidence is in knowing, it is hard to see.

身鬆神凝息自調。一任自然功夫長。Body relaxed, spirit coalesces, breath regulated by oneself. When we rely on nature** the kung fu grows.

=====

* The 四大 refers to the 4 elements Earth, Water, Fire & Wind. The physical body is made up of the 4 elements - hence the self.

** Natural movement, etc.

CFT
01-26-2012, 10:08 AM
KFF - will take even longer!

Hendrik
01-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Cft,

Thanks! That is correct. Your English is much better then me.

Let go the physical, get into the silence, build up the six bow...... Those are the way.

The following is for you. Thank you again for your help.
For me, If yik kam wck kungfu is a song then it is this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D0ChIdUqaE

LoneTiger108
01-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Let go the physical, get into the silence, build up the six bow...... Those are the way.

I know I have asked this before, but the six bow you mention I feel is connected to the six joint force I have learnt. Especially taking into account what Wayne has presented about the physical link of each pair of joints in another thread and your clip where you discuss the 3 pairs of hinge joints of the body.

The term I like to use is 六聯合 because it implies that the joints are balanced. This balance can obviously shift depending on what we encounter, but I think you will get what I mean. Am I making any sense?

Hendrik
01-27-2012, 06:15 AM
I know I have asked this before, but the six bow you mention I feel is connected to the six joint force I have learnt. Especially taking into account what Wayne has presented about the physical link of each pair of joints in another thread and your clip where you discuss the 3 pairs of hinge joints of the body.

The term I like to use is 六聯合 because it implies that the joints are balanced. This balance can obviously shift depending on what we encounter, but I think you will get what I mean. Am I making any sense?

Yes, six bow is six joints force.

ccwayne
01-27-2012, 07:55 AM
I am glad that KFF brings my article which I was posted in Chinese in the New Martial Hero magazine three years ago here. The first part is related to the the practice of SLT with only one leg stance, and the other is the discussion about the elbow force application by Tsui Shan Tin video, a student of mine asked me. He stands with one leg on a weight measurement with 3 people pushing him, and the pushing force, via his body with elbow force application, transmit to the measurement vertically, and the meter moves. Horizontal force --> Vertical force????

Both parts relate to the balance of the body. If the foundation of the the stance is not stable, how can you react and attack ?

It is a really interesting topic for the WC practitioners. NO matter how mystery of the kung fu is, it cannot violate 'Newton 3rd law'. Action and reaction are the same then you can balance. Otherwise, moving should be occured.

Yes, it is also brief discussion on the co-ordianation of the 6 joints force.

CFT, I don't have time to translate, please let me to have one.

Hendrik
01-27-2012, 09:56 AM
I am glad that KFF brings my article which I was posted in Chinese in the New Martial Hero magazine three years ago here. The first part is related to the the practice of SLT with only one leg stance, and the other is the discussion about the elbow force application by Tsui Shan Tin video, a student of mine asked me. He stands with one leg on a weight measurement with 3 people pushing him, and the pushing force, via his body with elbow force application, transmit to the measurement vertically, and the meter moves. Horizontal force --> Vertical force????

Both parts relate to the balance of the body. If the foundation of the the stance is not stable, how can you react and attack ?

It is a really interesting topic for the WC practitioners. NO matter how mystery of the kung fu is, it cannot violate 'Newton 3rd law'. Action and reaction are the same then you can balance. Otherwise, moving should be occured.

Yes, it is also brief discussion on the co-ordianation of the 6 joints force. 

CFT, I don't have time to translate, please let me to have one.

In my opinion,

Six joints force with the six bow is a good used of human body . Lots of those demo are just a force vector balancing for a static specific case which will not cover dynamics situation .

internal art in tcma develop the six bows . One cant stand like a Wooden dummy in different shape to have bow type power or shock absorb. So, can a wooden dummy with a computer mind adjust become a spring bow for shock absorb? It cannot. Thus, mind and a rigid hold body cannot be a bow sring.

One needs to have the bows develop to have bow. That is just reality. Mind is mind. Matter is matter. Mind cannot replace matter. One can use the mind to focus, but needs the body to execute.

Dynamic means spring. It is called bow because one needs a bow to shoot an arrow. So, when one talks about fajin or issue force vector, one needs a bow to fire the Jin. Cannot get those fajin from thin air. It s called bow because one needs a sping to absorb incoming force or hua Jin.

Simple stuffs why makes it difficult?

kung fu fighter
01-27-2012, 10:03 AM
In my opinion,

Six joints force with the six bow is a good used of human body . Lots of those demo are just a force vector balancing for a static specific case which will not cover dynamics situation .

Last time when kff ask me to comment on a video clip demo. There are people hates me and keep attack me after that. The facts are, internal art in tcma develop the six bows . One cant stand like a Wooden dummy in different shape to have bow type power or shock absorb. So, can a wooden dummy with a computer mind adjust become a spring bow for shock absorb? It cannot. Thus, mind and a rigid hold body cannot be a bow sring.

One needs to have the bows develop to have bow. That is just reality. Mind is mind. Matter is matter. Mind cannot replace matter. One can use the mind to focus, but needs the body to execute.

Dynamic means spring. It is called bow because one needs a bow to shoot an arrow. So, when one talks about fajin or issue force vector, one needs a bow to fire the Jin. Cannot get those fajin from thin air. It s called bow because one needs a sping to absorb incoming force or hua Jin.

Simple stuffs why makes it difficult?

Is it a big bow from your head to toe which include all the joints of the entire body? or a small bow at each joint of the body?

Hendrik
01-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Is it a big bow from your head to toe which include all the joints of the entire body? or a small bow at each joint of the body?

Why even think?

Didn't It says

(Quote:
成六弓。得六力。唯証乃知難可測。
Complete the 6 bows, gain the 6 powers. One can only know it when one has attained them . It is unspeculatable and measure with thinking.

I have given out the way in the following clip for anyone to attain the first level of the six bows with ease

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0i5eulDUc

Just do the motion started at 3.32 and let your body yo tell you what is it ? one or six or what?

It takes only one minutes to know it and don't need a guru and ten years of theory to get there.
That is how one got teach when on become an inner student.

kung fu fighter
01-27-2012, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0i5eulDUc

Just do the motion started at 3.32 and let your body yo tell you what is it ? one or six or what?

When dropping the tailbone to align your lower spine in order for the naver to point 45 degree up, does the hip bow act more as a conduit to transfer force in between the arm bows and leg bows? or does the hip bow function exactly like the other 5 bows?

Hendrik
01-27-2012, 02:14 PM
When dropping the tailbone to align your lower spine in order for the naver to point 45 degree up, does the hip bow act more as a conduit to transfer force in between the arm bows and leg bows? or does the hip bow function exactly like the other 5 bows?

Why do you need to have naver to point 45 degree up? Is that your body's need or your mind trying to follow some one's else condition?

You don't even want to think. Thinking screw up things . It is like Do you think about your tounge when you eat?

Just do it as natural as you can be. And stop thinking you body as tailbone , spine....etc.

I can tell you everything . But that is my body and my practice. That doesn't applied to you. You have to start by accept what ever your body do.

The key is to know your body and develop it. Not to think some idea on what the body suppose to do and force your body to do it. It is about how to use your body as it is.

Just do it for months in slow and relax non stress ways until everything is in ease and effortless.
6 bows is not something needs to think . It is something one develop and never have to think once one has them.

Otherwise, in high speed fighting, how the heck one can use them spontaneously ?

ccwayne
01-28-2012, 10:43 AM

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTM2MjIw.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cJkJeKpGt8

Hendrik
02-02-2012, 08:23 AM
A fact for internal art, WCK Taiji alike.

Professor Cheng Man-ching's words on Taijiquan:

(9) A student asked Professor about comprehension of the art, Professor replied: " You think you know it, but it is not yours, it is someone else's Kongfu. You think you understand it, but it is not your Kongfu, yet. You think you can execute it well, that still is not yours. Only when you practice it so diligently that it becomes your natural instinct, then that's your own Kongfu."

10) Professor Cheng wrote a poem to his students: "One's life only reaches 100 years, the body begins to deteriorate when you pass 40. How good is it to fight for both fame and money if the body can not take? Just enrich your knowledge by reading and improve your skill by diligently practicing this art. Be an orchid in an empty valley, its fragrance will attract admirers."

11) " If I give people money, they will spend it all. If I give people fame, they will attract enemies. Only if I give them a healthy body, self-defense skill, and cultivated mind, will they live happily ever after."

12) On selecting worthy students: "If a teacher took a talented student but hid away the real art, this teacher has no virtue. If a teacher released the real art to a bad-hearted student, he is throwing the treasure into water." "There's no such thing that I can transmit my 40 years Kongfu into your head in minutes."

13) A student complained about other students pushed him too hard. Professor said: " Taijiquan is about self-evaluation. Never blame others for being too strong, or too rough, or not following the principles; if you could sense and follow their actions, how could you feel the pushes were too hard?"

14) A student asked about the meaning of 4 oz. Professor replied: " Indeed, 4 oz. can not deflect one thousand pounds. But there is a key word--leading. ( Chinese word: Chan-1) If a cow weighs one thousand pounds and a rope on the cow's nose weighs 4 oz., a boy can walk the cow with the rope. But if the rope is on cow's leg, do you think the cow will go with the boy? In practicing push-hands, it is for us to find out where is the cow's leg and where is the nose."

- Extraction from "The Tao of Taijiquan" Published in 1985 by Sheng-lun Culture

chunner
02-05-2012, 02:28 AM
A fact for internal art, WCK Taiji alike.

Professor Cheng Man-ching's words on Taijiquan:

(9) A student asked Professor about comprehension of the art, Professor replied: " You think you know it, but it is not yours, it is someone else's Kongfu. You think you understand it, but it is not your Kongfu, yet. You think you can execute it well, that still is not yours. Only when you practice it so diligently that it becomes your natural instinct, then that's your own Kongfu."

10) Professor Cheng wrote a poem to his students: "One's life only reaches 100 years, the body begins to deteriorate when you pass 40. How good is it to fight for both fame and money if the body can not take? Just enrich your knowledge by reading and improve your skill by diligently practicing this art. Be an orchid in an empty valley, its fragrance will attract admirers."

11) " If I give people money, they will spend it all. If I give people fame, they will attract enemies. Only if I give them a healthy body, self-defense skill, and cultivated mind, will they live happily ever after."

12) On selecting worthy students: "If a teacher took a talented student but hid away the real art, this teacher has no virtue. If a teacher released the real art to a bad-hearted student, he is throwing the treasure into water." "There's no such thing that I can transmit my 40 years Kongfu into your head in minutes."

13) A student complained about other students pushed him too hard. Professor said: " Taijiquan is about self-evaluation. Never blame others for being too strong, or too rough, or not following the principles; if you could sense and follow their actions, how could you feel the pushes were too hard?"

14) A student asked about the meaning of 4 oz. Professor replied: " Indeed, 4 oz. can not deflect one thousand pounds. But there is a key word--leading. ( Chinese word: Chan-1) If a cow weighs one thousand pounds and a rope on the cow's nose weighs 4 oz., a boy can walk the cow with the rope. But if the rope is on cow's leg, do you think the cow will go with the boy? In practicing push-hands, it is for us to find out where is the cow's leg and where is the nose."

- Extraction from "The Tao of Taijiquan" Published in 1985 by Sheng-lun Culture

true kungfu is not easy is it?

Hendrik
02-05-2012, 11:22 AM
true kungfu is not easy is it?

Nothing free.

One spend many months just to develop something basic.