PDA

View Full Version : Videos about Snake Crane Wing Chun ( 蛇鶴詠春 )

ccwayne
01-16-2012, 09:37 AM
1. Siu Lim Tau

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=140907212685746

2. Chum Kiu

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=140893209353813

3. BilGee

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=154457524664048

4. Wooden Dummy

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=154426048000529

5. Virtual Dummy & Siu Lim Tau

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=140397249403409

6. Twin Knives

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=154432374666563

7. Part of the Sticky Hand styles

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=153965044713296

LoneTiger108
01-16-2012, 09:44 AM
A great insight into the Snake & Crane Wing Chun methods, so thanks for sharing!! :)

Runlikehell
01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Thank you for posting. I look forward to viewing the videos.

ccwayne
01-21-2012, 07:38 AM
8. Snake Crane Wing Chun(蛇鶴詠春) -- Chum Kiu(尋橋)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=3154157259230

Hendrik
01-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Wayne,

Thanks.

I heard some reciting from one of your SLT demo utube clip.
Is that the kuen kuit of your SLT?

how close or far is your snake reel and crane withstand compare with what I present in my utube?

ccwayne
01-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Wayne,

Thanks.

I heard some reciting from one of your SLT demo utube clip.
Is that the kuen kuit of your SLT?

how close or far is your snake reel and crane withstand compare with what I present in my utube?

This is the first time we post our videos to the facebook, not Utube. We hadn't seen your utube of SLT and we don't know any what you described about our SLT demo.

We do have a six-statements poem come with our SLT called 'Lim Tau Song 念頭歌'. It describes the whole set of our SLT, very rhyming, and tells how the Snake Crane Wing Chun come from, related to the the Southern Shaolin traitor.

白鶴戲水蛇歸洞
White crane plays around with water, and the snake returns the hole.
飛麟九轉表掌通
Flying snake rotates the head in nine ways to represent the palm techniques
蛇鶴爭揮堵勁融
Snake and crane show off their best techniques and strength.
鶴足三提翼四功
Crane feet step three times and the crane's wing flips in four ways.
白鶴摺翼登天際
White crane folds the wings and flies to the sky.
蛇鶴能制逆宗童
Snake Crane Wing Chun is able to overcome the traitor(MaNinYee馬寧兒) of the Southern Shaolin

It is just a poem, not kuen kuit. WE do have a lot of poems relating to the what you said 'kuen kuit', written in Qing Dynasty, not the common language we use today. Also, we are still using some ancient terms in this tirbutary. I am sure if you can pay some time to read all the articles in the thread 'The Snake Crane Wing Chun of Law Tiu Wen' with the post [About Snake Crane Wing Chun (蛇鶴詠春)], and also the relationship with Guang Zhou Wing Chun ( YKS lineage) in this forum, you will know more about Snake Crane Wing Chun. It is also clear that What their SLT,CK & BG and our SLT,CK,BG look like today and can be traced back to Qing Dynasty (150 years ago) how they look like.

Do you think Snake would fight with Crane ?
Dp you think a country girl would create, till today, the advanced fighting techniques, just by observing snake fighting with crane ? How long does need she observe?
In Wing Chun, can you find any techniques with the images relating to the fighting between snake and crane ?
MOst lineages agree with the '蛇鶴爭暉' . What it means that the Snake and the crane show off their best techniques.
Is Wing Chun internal style kung fu or external style kung fu? Today, most practitioners play it very hard without any softness, force against force, deviated a lot from the original style.

If you would like to know more about this very low profile and hidden tributary in the last 150 years, and now is re-open in public, please read.

The Snake Crane Wing Chun of Law Tiu Wen
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58474

ccwayne
01-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Most traditional forms of Snake Crane Wing Chun(SCWC) retaining a lot of imitations of Snake and Crane form. Snake movements are on softness, while Crane movements are on hardness. 'Softness', 'Following', 'Imperturbability' and 'Convergence' are the four keys to SCWC.

All the forms in SCWC are hardware and need software to drive.

Hendrik
01-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Wayne,

Thanks and appreciate!

Excellent to know your lineage !

This is the clip on I refer to above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj5OElGZCgU

This is my slt clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th3g1C4jbd8

Just for your information to compare note.

This is the kuit for jkym.

二字鉗阳馬之訣:

集意会神平肩襠
双手前起分陰阳
左脚跘出有善惡
右跟曲勁紧收藏
气聚丹田督脉降

This is a partial kuen kuit for the first sections of yik kam slt.

左手鞭出橫力勁. Left hand whip out lateral Jin.
神寄指爪袖底旁. Place the awareness in finger, craw, around the sleeve .
旋迥自然順脈气 spinning retrograde natural ly Accord to the medirians flow.

The following is partial for second section.

掌背向外神意足。the back of palm facing outward with a full Shen / awareness and yee / intention
翻掌抽纒對心防。flip the palm pulling reel guarding the heart
吞吐如虹發力罡。suck and split releasing unstopable strength .

若朔其源, 此小練頭訣中諸如 “集意会神平肩襠 双手前起分陰阳”之句, 仍出自峨嵋十二庄.
訣中諸如單朝阳之詞, 吞吐如虹之詞仍出自永春白鶴门.
詠春以單昭陽,昭陽應六变固若金蕩.

The emei Kuen kuit for reference:
峨眉十二庄之天字庄
气平正立平肩裆 两掌前起半阴阳 … 再将左右任分腿

White Crane Kuen Kuit for reference:
昭陽 (Facing Sun)
<白鶴仙師祖傳真法> 中的 <方七娘白鶴拳十五勢>,就載有 : [跌、砍拳…招陽、……]十五個勢法,並注明如何動作及攻防意義之所在。…….這十五個勢應為當時最早見之於拳譜中的勢法,當是當時 所傳教的。
比如十五勢拳譜中所寫: [招 (昭) 陽。白鶴拳法之五:凡拳起手,只要招 (昭)陽,無論他用何勢,可用此勢,大門放過,小門直入。蓋此勢兩手顧鼻面,短牙顧中攔切,戒分 腳退後。]……。

From our kuit, we can trace our kuit poem to white crane of fujian and emei 12 zhuang specifically. Thus, we know where the 手法。身功。勁勢。or technics are source from.

Hendrik
01-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Most traditional forms of Snake Crane Wing Chun(SCWC) retaining a lot of imitations of Snake and Crane form. Snake movements are on softness, while Crane movements are on hardness. 'Softness', 'Following', 'Imperturbability' and 'Convergence' are the four keys to SCWC.

All the forms in SCWC are hardware and need software to drive.

Thanks!

Please take a look at my clip above for note comparing between lineages.

ccwayne
01-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Wayne,

Thanks and appreciate!

This is the clip I refer to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj5OElGZCgU

This is my slt clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th3g1C4jbd8

Playing SLT in the the video is the student of my sidai Mok Wai Keung, learning the arts since 2005 and he is the first one of us to bring the Snake Crane Wing Chun back to the martial arts community. As you observe, some of the techniques (鶴足三提翼四功) is missing. You may compare with our SLT above. We do not have any kuit poem like yours in SLT, but as I learned SLT in 1978, my sifu taught me verbally every part of it, how importance on each part, and how to play it. The simply key term in SCWC is (蛇纏鶴頂) (snake on sticking and crane with power).

In your video, what you described in your 1st section and 2nd section are on the techniques you use. However, ours is based on the principle of SCWC to play SLT.
Softness is the first thing we need to train, and it is also the most difficult part for the newbie to start. We have similar 1st part, realting to the snake motion, and 2nd part(一攤三伏手), relating to the snake and crane motion. In our 2nd part, it is the most important part in SCWC, relating to the 'Chi 氣' concept. Most practitioners they don't realise that WC is an internal style kung fu, and need the correct way to go. They just play very hard, and put the WC into the external style kung fu. In one statement of our kuit poems, it describes that '法以正宗為' is that meaning.

How long can you play your SLT ? I did my SLT in 1979 in 23 minutes. The video above just show part of the traditional SCWC sticky hand styles. Don't compare with the one you listed to me.

Hendrik, I think you come from Malaysia because the lineage of Yip Kam, also from redboat, is from Malaysia. I think Yip Kam's lineage is formed after the collapse of the Tai Ping Heavenly Kingdom, about 150 years. I was also surprised why ' 陳賢武 (馬來西亞)' will follow 'Yip Chun' and leaving 'Yip Kam' lineage. It may be the reputation of Yip Man, father of YipChun.

More would like to say, but cannot be openly. Hope you understand.

kung fu fighter
01-23-2012, 12:55 PM
I am sure if you can pay some time to read all the articles in the thread 'The Snake Crane Wing Chun of Law Tiu Wen' with the post [About Snake Crane Wing Chun (蛇鶴詠春)], and also the relationship with Guang Zhou Wing Chun ( YKS lineage) in this forum, you will know more about Snake Crane Wing Chun. It is also clear that What their SLT,CK & BG and our SLT,CK,BG look like today and can be traced back to Qing Dynasty (150 years ago) how they look like.

Hi Wayne,

The 3 empty hand forms of this linage looks very close to yuen kay san wc, but the sequence of the dummy form looks identical to yip man's dummy form.
Is there a possibility of cross Pollination?

Hendrik
01-23-2012, 01:14 PM
How long can you play your SLT ? I did my SLT in 1979 in 23 minutes. The video above just show part of the traditional SCWC sticky hand styles. Don't compare with the one you listed to me.

Hendrik, I think you come from Malaysia because the lineage of Yip Kam, also from redboat, is from Malaysia. I think Yip Kam's lineage is formed after the collapse of the Tai Ping Heavenly Kingdom, about 150 years.

I was also surprised why ' 陳賢武 (馬來西亞)' will follow 'Yip Chun' and leaving 'Yip Kam' lineage. It may be the reputation of Yip Man, father of YipChun.

More would like to say, but cannot be openly. Hope you understand.

Wayne,

Thanks for your generous sharing!

As for how long play slt. That depend on what one try to develop. For beginner take longer , after the qi is develop , it depends on how long is one breathcycle. Usually, for begining indoor student, one needs to stand in parallel stance for Atleast 20 mins before starts the movement. If the body doesn't loose, there is no point to practice slt.

the requirement is to develop this 集意会神平肩襠 气聚丹田督脉降 grow qi in dan tien before start slt. so 20 mins a day min for three months to get some minor feeling. without this evelopment slt is external.

Yes, yik kam is taiping uprising associated the group support the Hung Mun of lee Man Mau and Taiping. This is our code.

劍指膀肘逞英雄 半点子午定太平

I am from the USA. I am fifth generation descendent after yik kam.

In my opinion, today, the so called traditional Malaysian's wing Chun brought from Red boat era , has evolved toward old hung kuen direction compare with my late sifu's era 40 years ago.

the art is evolve away from these wing chun "taste"

粑粘寻掌腕,揉套审彼力,
勿当冲马劲,横锁刁牛蹩,
封闭借来法, 借以子之矛,还攻子之弊。

and become a different art. Which is doing Lin sil dai da 連消帶打 but different then the above
Seal off.

陳賢武 is from Yip Kin WCK lineage instead of Yik Kam WCK lineage.
Yip Kin lineage has a connection via Yip Kin himself to Cho family WCK elderly but it is not a direct Yik Kam lineage.

There was story that Yip Kin has met Yik Kam himself. but the era seems to not balance out. but the story he met the Cho family WCK elderly seems solid.

the following is Yip Kin WCK set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io-FpR__IIo

they dont have SLT CK BJ. the above set is their core set.

We all are descendent from the Red boat actors.

Hendrik
01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Wayne,

just for your information on internal kung,

the following are specific kung , for develop different details in our long set SLT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0i5eulDUc

JPinAZ
01-23-2012, 05:28 PM
In my opinion, today, the so called traditional Malaysian's wing Chun brought from Red boat era , has evolved toward old hung kuen direction compare with my late sifu's era 40 years ago.

and become a different art. Which is doing Lin sil dai da 連消帶打 but different then the above Seal off..

Another thought, IMO, it could be more likely that it is your Yik Kam WC which has evolved (devolved?) away since there are very few in the WC world that talk this much animal kung fu nonsense in thier WCK like you do.

No, we are not all from red boat actors ;) So, you are totally wrong in your assumptions. Better not to speak for everyone and just what you know.

ccwayne
01-24-2012, 01:37 AM
Wayne,

Thanks for your generous sharing!

As for how long play slt. That depend on what one try to develop. For beginner take longer , after the qi is develop , it depends on how long is one breathcycle. Usually, for begining indoor student, one needs to stand in parallel stance for Atleast 20 mins before starts the movement. If the body doesn't loose, there is no point to practice slt.

the requirement is to develop this 集意会神平肩襠 气聚丹田督脉降 grow qi in dan tien before start slt. so 20 mins a day min for three months to get some minor feeling. without this evelopment slt is external.

Yes, yik kam is taiping uprising associated the group support the Hung Mun of lee Man Mau and Taiping. This is our code.

劍指膀肘逞英雄 半点子午定太平

I am from the USA. I am fifth generation descendent after yik kam.

粑粘寻掌腕,揉套审彼力,
勿当冲马劲,横锁刁牛蹩,
封闭借来法, 借以子之矛,还攻子之弊。

and become a different art. Which is doing Lin sil dai da 連消帶打 but different then the above
Seal off.

陳賢武 is from Yip Kin WCK lineage instead of Yik Kam WCK lineage.
Yip Kin lineage has a connection via Yip Kin himself to Cho family WCK elderly but it is not a direct Yik Kam lineage.

There was story that Yip Kin has met Yik Kam himself. but the era seems to not balance out. but the story he met the Cho family WCK elderly seems solid.

the following is Yip Kin WCK set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io-FpR__IIo

they dont have SLT CK BJ. the above set is their core set.

We have 含胸拔背 攤腰收肚 in the 二字拑羊馬,like your 集意会神平肩襠 气聚丹田督脉降, of course there are some tricks in this stance. When you are doing the 一攤三伏手 for a certain period, you will get the motion driven by the' 肘', lateron, will be on your wrist, eventually,it will be driven by the '氣'. nothing you will feel on your hands at this stage. YOu are right, as you feel the '氣' , you will no longer need to practise SLT any more.

We have some sets of the wooden dummy. It is one of them, and this set(118 techniques) is on the training on the co-ordination of the hands and stance movement. You can see we don't play the dummy hardly, based on the deflection and with the snake and crane styles there. Other sets are more vigorous on hands and kicks, and will not show off. Just like our (師誥) 念頭人可見 尋標不出門 recently.

As I followed my sifu 羅昭榮, I need to submit one red paper to indicate I am willing to follow 羅昭榮 learning the skill, and one yellow paper to tell the ancestors of this lineage. The red one was kept by my master, and the yellow one was burnt for the ancestors to let them know. (something like 斬雞頭 燒黃紙)Besides the ancestor woods, there is a picture with a big word '佛' 字(budda), it should be something related to the budda. Nowadays, I do in the simple ways with my disciples.

If you visit my post of the thread 'The Snake Crane Wing Chun of Law Tiu Wen', you will see the Law Tiu Wen old picture showing he is the 3rd generation of Snake Crane Wing Chun.

We also have (上世詩) and (下世詩) for us to recognise the 同門 (others in the same mun, but do not know each other).

上世詩
長漢華玉 丁克宗順 xxxx xxxx
下世詩
仁義禮信 忠孝名賢 xxxx xxxx

Our lineage is related to 紅船 李文茂 and 太平天國 150 years ago. Why we float on the air now because since Law Tiu Wen learnt the skill from RedBoat Sun Kam, his late age. he want to keep the skill and left it in Law's family for 3 generation.

Our Mun's governing rules :

愛國聆師訓 扶傾濟弱貧 技不傳夷狄 不作江湖人
虛谷懷至善 武德自芬芳 離訓神人滅 斯人非我群

Snake Crane Wing Chun was hidden and kept very low profile because of the 4rd and the 4th statements of the rules.

Now, my master Law Chiu Wing, aged over 80, no son and his daughters no interest on it. Qing Dynasty collapse in the last century, People of China went to Taiwan, and now, the Republick of China. Very big changes. That's why SCWC re-open today.

In the past few years, I have submitted serveral articles in the 'New Martial Hero' magazine in Hong Kong. You can go to the thread [The Snake Crane Wing Chun of Law Tiu Wen] with the topic 'About Snake Crane Wing Chun(蛇鶴詠春)' , and download all articles and print them. YOu will know more about SCWC. Also, my e-mail is in the articles, and you can contact me by e-mail.

[粑粘寻掌腕,揉套审彼力, 勿当冲马劲,横锁刁牛蹩, 封闭借来法, 借以子之矛,还攻子之弊。]

這正是內家拳手法

[欲柔不欲強 欲順不欲逆 欲定不欲亂 欲聚不欲散

Hendrik
01-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Wayne,

Thanks and appreciate again for your sharing.

You need to preserve your lineage tradition as much as possible so the future generation knows the root.

I am reading your presentations. They are very good and informative. We email brother, stay in contact.

Hendrik
01-24-2012, 01:31 PM
[粑粘寻掌腕,揉套审彼力, 勿当冲马劲,横锁刁牛蹩, 封闭借来法, 借以子之矛,还攻子之弊。]

這正是內家拳手法

[欲柔不欲強 欲順不欲逆 欲定不欲亂 欲聚不欲散

very few know the sound. 知音 者少. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGjolchJ9tU

ccwayne
01-25-2012, 05:51 AM
very few know the sound. 知音 者少. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGjolchJ9tU

我都是剛剛用這討論區一個月(以前從未用過),到現在只post 了十數個信息,發覺大家討論的層面分別很大,他們總是談論拳的招式形態,很少像閣下談「內涵」,非知音者少 ,而是有點兒像 '雞同鴨講'。

Hendrik
01-25-2012, 06:46 AM
我都是剛剛用這討論區一個月(以前從未用過),到現在只post 了十數個信息,發覺大家討論的層面分別很大,他們總是談論拳的招式形態,很少像閣下談「內涵」,非知音者少 ,而是有點兒像 '雞同鴨講'。

I think we have obligation to release information so that WCK grow to next level.

What I have heard is

用中無形。體用一焉。or frameless. similar to 拳打三節不見形。

Thus, for myself, I am investigating the inch jin power Or momentum generation for decade now. I think the bottom line is fast and power generation in every condition.

LoneTiger108
01-25-2012, 08:29 AM

It makes me happy to see you pair find familiar ground :)

And from the gist of what you wrote here Wayne, I feel that there are many things you have both written that are 'speaking the same language' as myself, my Sifu and Sigung too.

I am only just beginning my own research journey, but as I'm really only a few years into it I hope to be helped in some way by your work.

Hendrik
01-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Wayne,

I make a test drive on your 蛇鶴爭揮堵勁融 today.

So, here is a sample on what I got from the test drive, in term of qi medirians, of your method based on my yik kam slt develop engine.

1. 伏手之法

手成伏手形. 五指放鬆軽合成半月形。大指軽依食指。手中如軽抓一乒乓球。此球須比乒乓還軽。
手掌手背手腕如美人手。任自然直而軽鬆。手指到肩軽鬆。肘鬆墜。

吐氣時。掌中球軽軽向前帶領手臂手肘向前伸。一感覺肘肩緊則停。伏手畢。
此式隨伸手吐氣通手三陰之脈。手三陰吐氣由胸走手。勁以手三陰為本顕於掌背。為陽中之陰式。

若腕曲則勁殭于腕。若強行墜肘則勁殭手三陰脈滯而不得舒暢。久習之必至心胸內傷之病。
出手若不以掌中領而肘肩推。勁殭力死節上。氣脈滯而勁難融唉。

What do you think? Hahaha.
Slt engine suppose to be able to emulate others Kung fu.

Seriously, I think other WCK Lineages can benefit from your lineage way in this fok sau case.

Ps. I am on a rush now. Any one wants to help translate the Chinese writing? Please help.

My favorite song on feeling toward wing Chun always
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIAgUY3147g

ccwayne
01-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Wayne,

I make a test drive on your 蛇鶴爭揮堵勁融 today.

So, here is a sample on what I got from the test drive, in term of qi medirians, of your method based on my yik kam slt develop engine.

1. 伏手之法

.......。氣脈滯而勁難融唉。

What do you think? Hahaha.
Slt engine suppose to be able to emulate others Kung fu.

Seriously, I think other WCK Lineages can benefit from your lineage way in this fok sau case.

Hahaha.... Excellence!!! It is very difficult to get the same tone.(知音難求) You should have tidied up your Yip Kam kuen Kwit in electronic form[1. 伏手之法].

用中無形。體用一焉。or frameless. similar to 拳打三節不見形。

This is the ultimate stage of what really WC is. NO shadow, no techniques. All techniques should become nothing.

CFT
01-26-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm not knowledgable enough about TCM, qi and whatnot, so please provide feedback on the translation.

=============

1. 伏手之法1. Fook sau method

手成伏手形. 五指放鬆軽合成半月形。Hand makes fook sau shape. Relax the fingers, bring together in a half moon shape.

大指軽依食指。手中如軽抓一乒乓球。此球須比乒乓還軽。Thumb gently rests against forefinger. The hand should feel like it is gently cupping a ping-pong ball. This 'ball' should be even lighter than a ping-pong ball.

手掌手背手腕如美人手。任自然直而軽鬆。手指到肩軽鬆。肘鬆墜。The palm, back of hand, wrist should be like a beautiful woman's hand. Allow it to naturally extend, light and relaxed. From fingertips to shoulder light and relaxed. Elbow loosely drops.

吐氣時。掌中球軽軽向前帶領手臂手肘向前伸。一感覺肘肩緊則停。伏手畢。When exhaling, the 'ball' in the palm gently comes forward, bringing the forearm and elbow, extending forward. Stop when the sensation of strain on the elbow/shoulder starts. Fook sau is complete.

此式隨伸手吐氣通手三陰之脈。手三陰吐氣由胸走手。勁以手三陰為本顕於掌背。為陽中之陰式。T his posture, the hand extension along with exhaling, goes through the 3 yin meridians of the hand/arm. 3 yin meridians of the hand/arm exhale from chest to hand. Ging uses the 3 yin meridians as the basis and offers it to the back of the hand. This is the yin within the yang posture.

若腕曲則勁殭于腕。若強行墜肘則勁殭手三陰脈滯而不得舒暢。久習之必至心胸內傷之病。If the wrist is bent, ging is dead at the wrist. If forcing the drop of the elbow, ging is dead in the 3 yin meridians. It stagnates instead of being free. If training like this for long periods this will lead to illness due to chest internal injuries.

出手若不以掌中領而肘肩推。勁殭力死節上。氣脈滯而勁難融唉。If the hand is not extended with the palm leading, but with the elbow/shoulder pushing, ging and strength dies. Breath and meridians stagnate and ging cannot harmonize.

Hendrik
01-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Cft,

Thanks,

Replace all the breathing term to while exhale.

The above is how the physical, mind, breathing, qi medirians, and Jin.or the five layers, Surface while practice Fook sau this way.

That is the description of what exst in my five layers In my body when I simulate the Fook sau of wyanes slt clip. The body mind can be used as a simulator once the slt or snake and crane engine is developed. Yes. This part of inner slt cultivation exist and can be developed even today.

Try it compare with what you do before and let me know what is your experience.

CFT
01-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks Hendrik. I amended that now. I did have exhale in mind at first but opted for a more conservation translation.

I was surprised by the last sentence though. I thought the elbow should drive all Wing Chun arm actions?

ccwayne
01-26-2012, 09:03 AM
CFT & Hendrik,

Excellent translation! 'One Tan Three Fuk Sau' is the most important core of the Snake Crane Wing Chun system. Most WC practitioners they just emphasized on the form playing externally, but ignore why need to do slowly and relaxing internally, and mostly they play very hard with power strength. Also, the correct form of stance(二字拑羊馬) should be come with the tongue touching the upper jaw(任督二脈通), the 小周天 and 大周天 will run through the upper body and whole body resepectively. Warm flow inside the body will be felt. However, what is the correct stance? I had submitted an article to the New Martial Hero (Hong Kong) magazine 3 years ago, stating that, nowadays, for ten WC practitioners, there should have nine of them standing wrongly(十個詠春 九個壞馬). As you stand correctly, DanTin breathing will be achieved.

Snake Crane Wing Chun is an art of internal style and the playing life is very long before you go to bed, like Tai Chi. Most external style kung fu, their life are shorter.

Speed. simutaneous defense and attacks, explosive punch(quick punchm but not inch-punch) from any position of hands and etc, can be achieved via relaxing training.

Hendrik
01-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Thanks Hendrik. I amended that now. I did have exhale in mind at first but opted for a more conservation translation.

I was surprised by the last sentence though. I thought the elbow should drive all Wing Chun arm actions?

Thanks.

The last sentence is to correct the violation of nature. Try it out my description and the elbow drive method and feel you chest, inner chest, and inner arm. See which one feel heavy and stuck.

Feel heavy and stuck means stagnation. This is the indicator of the body. Never use mind to ignore and over write it, because that is violation of body nature and will cause damage without do anything good. Jin is light weight in you and heavy to the opponent. Like a gun must not explode in its barrier and an arrow must not snap jam it's bow.

Hendrik
01-26-2012, 09:28 AM
CFT & Hendrik,

Excellent translation! 'One Tan Three Fuk Sau' is the most important core of the Snake Crane Wing Chun system. Most WC practitioners they just emphasized on the form playing externally, but ignore why need to do slowly and relaxing internally, and mostly they play very hard with power strength. Also, the correct form of stance(二字拑羊馬) should be come with the tongue touching the upper jaw(任督二脈通), the 小周天 and 大周天 will run through the upper body and whole body resepectively. Warm flow inside the body will be felt. However, what is the correct stance? I had submitted an article to the New Martial Hero (Hong Kong) magazine 3 years ago, stating that, nowadays, for ten WC practitioners, there should have nine of them standing wrongly(十個詠春 九個壞馬). As you stand correctly, DanTin breathing will be achieved.

Snake Crane Wing Chun is an art of internal style and the playing life is very long before you go to bed, like Tai Chi. Most external style kung fu, their life are shorter.

Speed. simutaneous defense and attacks, explosive punch(quick punchm but not inch-punch) from any position of hands and etc, can be achieved via relaxing training.

I agree with you Wayne.

chunner
01-30-2012, 11:33 PM
this is very interesting dicussion

wayne, are u preserving SCWC these days and curious to know which parts of the world it's in?

hendrik, who preserves yik kam wing chun today since it is diferent from modern cho wing chun?

Hendrik
01-31-2012, 07:42 AM
this is very interesting dicussion

wayne, are u preserving SCWC these days and curious to know which parts of the world it's in?

hendrik, who preserves yik kam wing chun today since it is diferent from modern cho wing chun?

I know my late sifu preserve it . Otherwise, I cannot communicate with Wayne on a common ground with my sifu's teaching. Wayne lineage is a mid 1800 lineage with tracking.

And ,

The following is what my late sifu Cho Hung Choy told me on who has the art.

He told me those who believe in it , investigate it, keep practice it, and attaint it.