PDA

View Full Version : I found Grahams Youtube clip!!!

GlennR
01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Hi All
After hearing of the legendary "lost" clip of our own Graham (aka Mr PBWSLVT), i searched high and low until i found it.

Here he is in all his greatness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NXLIlNrYNA&feature=related

Enjoy!

anerlich
01-19-2012, 09:20 PM
If those other guys had known groundfighting it would have been a different story.

Phil Redmond
01-20-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm still looking for Graham Handbury's vids on youtube. I did find his facebook page though
http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Graham-Handbury/540065892 :)

Sean66
01-20-2012, 01:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwKv5mwPCaI&feature=plcp&context=C3b9b25bUDOEgsToPDskKag

Y'all have weak web-fu!

Shǎguā
01-20-2012, 01:34 AM
Oh wow, GrahamH is a kid, how surprising. :rolleyes:

wingchunIan
01-20-2012, 01:36 AM
thanks sean, I bow to your superior surfing skills.

Sean66
01-20-2012, 02:12 AM
No problem, Ian!

He's showing some good training there in the video.
Free lap sau exercise, making the student aware of his mistakes without clobbering him...

Good stuff.

Graham H
01-20-2012, 03:14 AM
It was already on this forum Glen you clutz but I'm glad you wasted your time looking for it. :)

That clip is of me teaching one of my students. I posted it ages ago so the Ving Tsun police could jump all over it. I'm allowing him to move around and attack and to keep the flow going. At times I move forward so he can train something.

It has been veiwed by a lot of people that I hold in high regard in Ving Tsun and they have given it praise. It's only training/teaching but if any of you guys would like to see some sparring I suggest you come round my yard and I can show you first hand.

Thanks for calling me a kid BTW...................I'm 39 but I do moisturize! :rolleyes: :D

I'm looking forward to all your negative comments.

G

PS. Thanks Sean ;)

PPS. My FB page is not for Ving Tsun Phil. It's so I can abuse my friends and also people who support Manchester United. Kung Fu weirdos are not allowed.

Graham H
01-20-2012, 03:24 AM
It will good to see Glenn, Anerlich and anybody else who I am in a loving relationship with post clips of their Ving Tsun. I live in hope. That goes for you as well Spenno! :)

G

Graham H
01-20-2012, 03:25 AM
Graham is just a kid??? Best thing I've read in ages. :D:D:D:D:D

G

Graham H
01-20-2012, 03:42 AM
Phil maybe you can put something up of you training Gor Sau?

G

LoneTiger108
01-20-2012, 05:03 AM
It will good to see Glenn, Anerlich and anybody else who I am in a loving relationship with post clips of their Ving Tsun. I live in hope. That goes for you as well Spenno! :)

G

Aww! Even I have a nickname now :D

I have shared all I am going to share online for a while because my old website program is now useless! Anybody here is very welcome to link up to my Youtube accounts :)

My personal page that I started last year from Flystudio
http://www.youtube.com/user/FLYstudio108/videos

The Yum yeurng Academy page that has more clips from my time performing for my Sifu
http://www.youtube.com/user/yumyeurng108/videos

Graham H
01-20-2012, 05:11 AM
Aww! Even I have a nickname now :D

I have shared all I am going to share online for a while because my old website program is now useless! Anybody here is very welcome to link up to my Youtube accounts :)

My personal page that I started last year from Flystudio
http://www.youtube.com/user/FLYstudio108/videos

The Yum yeurng Academy page that has more clips from my time performing for my Sifu
http://www.youtube.com/user/yumyeurng108/videos

My girlfriends dog is called Spencer. I call him Spenno is all. I'm not calling you a dog but you are barking mad! :D

Anyway I'm not interested in "how to" clips or demos. I want to see you fight/gor sau. Anybody can talk into a camera and more-so talk on a forum.

GH

LoneTiger108
01-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Anyway I'm not interested in "how to" clips or demos. I want to see you fight/gor sau. Anybody can talk into a camera and more-so talk on a forum.

So where is your Gorsau clip G??

Thing is, if you can not relate to anything I am saying, then we will forever be on different pages. And in all honesty there is little point in posting a clip of me 'sparring' either because that's insane.

FWIW I am working on ways to be able to project the speed and power of real contact as we are testing things out for some filming projects so you never know...

Even then, it will just be branded as 'choreographed' but anything would be better than the classic G crab fighting style!! :D ;)

Graham H
01-20-2012, 05:46 AM
So where is your Gorsau clip G??

Thing is, if you can not relate to anything I am saying, then we will forever be on different pages. And in all honesty there is little point in posting a clip of me 'sparring' either because that's insane.

FWIW I am working on ways to be able to project the speed and power of real contact as we are testing things out for some filming projects so you never know...

Even then, it will just be branded as 'choreographed' but anything would be better than the classic G crab fighting style!! :D ;)

Where is my Gor sau clip??? You're joking right you donut!? :D

If you are not prepared to put any gor sau clips up then that's fine. I'm not expecting any from the others either so maybe I will jump on the "prove it" bandwagon now.

Do you know I was asked to feature in a DVD on Ving Tsun by a film company who were doing a series of films on things like Tai Chi, Accupunture and all that kind of stuff. I turned them down because in VT terms standing in front of a camera trying to teach is pointless.

You always seem to be able to wriggle out of putting any good chi sau clips up but I guess its your choice.

GH

SAAMAG
01-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Here's a better idea--clips of sparring against NON WC folks!!!

sanjuro_ronin
01-20-2012, 08:56 AM

BBWWAAHHHH !!!
Oh, you're serious?
Don't hold your breath my friend, don't hold your breath.
If there is ONE mantra that does NOT seem to have been "taught" in WC it is this:
See it taught, see it fought.

LoneTiger108
01-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Where is my Gor sau clip??? You're joking right you donut!? :D

Wait! Are you seriously saying that YOUR clip was Gorsau?? Don't make me laugh sweetheart!! ;)

You always seem to be able to wriggle out of putting any good chi sau clips up but I guess its your choice.

Regardless of what 'you have been asked' to do for whatever n co. film people, this says it all. NOW you want me to show a Chisau clip?!

Make your mind up dude...

I turned them down because in VT terms standing in front of a camera trying to teach is pointless.

Let me guess. You teach with your fists right?! :rolleyes: ;)

SAAMAG
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
BBWWAAHHHH !!!
Oh, you're serious?
Don't hold your breath my friend, don't hold your breath.
If there is ONE mantra that does NOT seem to have been "taught" in WC it is this:
See it taught, see it fought.

I'm starting to film our training sessions now and sticking in moments of wing chun. I have a Mac and would like to edit the movies down to a manageable size but can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Then I'll start posting up the stuff that contains WC.

LoneTiger108
01-20-2012, 09:36 AM
I have a Mac and would like to edit the movies down to a manageable size but can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

get a copy of Adobe Premier or something, and once you've edited the footage just render it down to whatever format you want. I too have upgraded my camera but my PC doesn't like HD so now I have loads of stuff but unable to share it online!! :o

For some that is good news :D

Graham H
01-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Wait! Are you seriously saying that YOUR clip was Gorsau?? Don't make me laugh sweetheart!! ;)

Let me guess. You teach with your fists right?! :rolleyes: ;)

Yes Spencer but I am not surprised that you have a totally different idea of what gor sau is that came secretly from Ip Man to your Super Sifu.

Gor Sau to me is the bridge between chi sau and sparring. Two training partners still exchange force through rolling but when contact is broken it training without co-operation as there is in chi sau drillling. So YES that is gor sau and I am waiting for your expanation of it from your weird wonderful hippy world of Wing Chun.

And yes I like to talk with my hands but unfortunately I can't do that on here can I? :rolleyes:

On you go son.......................

G

sanjuro_ronin
01-20-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm starting to film our training sessions now and sticking in moments of wing chun. I have a Mac and would like to edit the movies down to a manageable size but can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Then I'll start posting up the stuff that contains WC.

Why?
Seriously.
WC practitioners seem to suffer from "looklikeitus" more than any other system I know.
If it doesn't look like what THEY think WC SHOULD look like, it isn't.
WSL mentioned as much in his book.
For a "principle based system", the practitioner focus on the look techniques and forms more than anything else it seems.
If you train WC and you can use it in a contact fight VS a non-WC person then, IMHO, that is effective WC.
Period.

LoneTiger108
01-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Yes Spencer but I am not surprised that you have a totally different idea of what gor sau is that came secretly from Ip Man to your Super Sifu.

Firstly, and to stop any silly rumours, my Sifu did not have anything to do with Ip Man. He was taught by my Sigung Lee Shing.

Gor Sau to me is the bridge between chi sau and sparring.

OK. Gorsau, for me, IS free sparring. Only sparring with your Wing Chun method 'in mind'. Trying to use the method as best you can under pressure. Both of you in the clip were almost doing that, but if you want my honest advice, you were not 'really' trying too hard to hit eachother in the face, body or ANYWHERE. Not enough pressure in both of your games.

Two training partners still exchange force through rolling but when contact is broken it training without co-operation as there is in chi sau drillling.

Yep. We are on different pages. For me there is only 'rolling' as you put it within Gorsau if it happens to 'happen' because of habit. The basic idea of Gorsau is to fight and I personally do not 'fight from the roll'.

Graham H
01-20-2012, 09:48 AM

Why? What will that prove? Would you go into a Boxing gym and ask those guys to go down the local Karate club and spar them?

So if I were to go down the local Taekwondo club and film myself beating all the guys up would that be plus point for Ving Tsun or just my ego?

Maybe I should just keep fighting and fighting until I get beat then somebody can shout "Ha! Your Ving Tsun is sh!t!"

Maybe we should all just go to an MMA gym and do away with all seperate forms of fighting. The Ninjas wouldnt like it much. :D

G

Graham H
01-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Firstly, and to stop any silly rumours, my Sifu did not have anything to do with Ip Man. He was taught by my Sigung Lee Shing.

Ooooooooo I am sorry poppet!

OK. Gorsau, for me, IS free sparring. Only sparring with your Wing Chun method 'in mind'. Trying to use the method as best you can under pressure. Both of you in the clip were almost doing that, but if you want my honest advice, you were not 'really' trying too hard to hit eachother in the face, body or ANYWHERE.

I was teaching so you are correct. If I had hit him there would be no clip.

Yep. We are on different pages. For me there is only 'rolling' as you put in within Gorsau if it happens to 'happen' because of habit. The basic idea of Gorsau is to fight and I personally do not 'fight from the roll'.

Different pages for sure!

G

LoneTiger108
01-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Different pages for sure!

Really G? I wouldn't have thought :D

And FWIW no, you were not teaching if all you were doing is not hitting the guy when you could have done. That's just creating a student that thinks he is invincible!

Aha! Is that how you were taught??

SAAMAG
01-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Why? What will that prove? Would you go into a Boxing gym and ask those guys to go down the local Karate club and spar them?

So if I were to go down the local Taekwondo club and film myself beating all the guys up would that be plus point for Ving Tsun or just my ego?

Maybe I should just keep fighting and fighting until I get beat then somebody can shout "Ha! Your Ving Tsun is sh!t!"

Maybe we should all just go to an MMA gym and do away with all seperate forms of fighting. The Ninjas wouldnt like it much. :D

G

It wouldn't prove anything I suppose...but it is valuable in that it shows where your wing chun shines and where it is deficient relative to your opponents moves which are not compliant and not expected. This is what I do, and it's helped me as a fighter and my abilities to apply wing chun tremendously over the years. It's also interesting to see IMO.

IOW--if it only works against WC folks--then it doesn't work. Doing drills against someone, or hell sparring with another wing chun guy is easy when you know all their moves, weaknesses, strengths, etc.

And I don't have to go into a boxing gym to ask of them to apply it to other styles, it's already done on a consistent basis. So do TKD and Karate guys.

Phil Redmond
01-20-2012, 10:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwKv5mwPCaI&feature=plcp&context=C3b9b25bUDOEgsToPDskKag

Y'all have weak web-fu!
Good one Sean. He's not bad for a wanker . . . lol
(I hope my use of a Brit term was appropriate) :D

Wayfaring
01-20-2012, 10:14 AM
..............I'm 39 but I do moisturize! :rolleyes: :D

That is so signature tagline material.

Phil Redmond
01-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks for calling me a kid BTW...................I'm 39 but I do moisturize! :rolleyes: :D

Way too much information. :eek:

I'm looking forward to all your negative comments. Unlike some I see no need to make negative comments about people's Wing Chun.

PPS. My FB page is not for Ving Tsun Phil. It's so I can abuse my friends and also people who support Manchester United. . . .

One of my Sifus ,Alan Lamb was from Manchester.

. . Kung Fu weirdos are not allowed.
But it's your page . .;)

LoneTiger108
01-20-2012, 10:16 AM
(I hope my use of a Brit term was appropriate) :D

I normally restrain from using THAT particular insult, but I would only judge if I have met the man and I aint.

Still, he does 'come across' that way (you get me?) :D

Phil Redmond
01-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Phil maybe you can put something up of you training Gor Sau?

G
There are no R's in the Cantonese dialect. But anyway, Go Sau is free fighting not chi sau. Sure, I can make clips of me doing drills like yours.

Graham H
01-20-2012, 10:23 AM
There are no R's in the Cantonese dialect. But anyway, Go Sau is free fighting not chi sau. Sure, I can make clips of me doing drills like yours.

FFS! Ok Phil Gwoh Sau!

Looking forward to your clips of free fighting!

BTW your brit term describes me perfectly! ;)

G

Phil Redmond
01-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Now we all know that you're not some 13 year old kid using his big brothers computer.
Not that you really care what I think and though it's a little different approach from mine but but you're Chi Sao/u doesn't look bad. Yeah, I said it. :mad:

Graham H
01-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Way too much information. :eek:

Unlike some I see no need to make negative comments about people's Wing Chun.

One of my Sifus ,Alan Lamb was from Manchester.

But it's your page . .;)

In all fairness I think we are all Kung Fu weirdos. You are right up there Bruce Leeroy but not as high as my mate Spencer.

Glenn is just a weird c""t! :D:D:D:D

G

Graham H
01-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Now we all know that you're not some 13 year old kid using his big brothers computer.
Not that you really care what I think and though it's a little different approach from mine but but you're Chi Sao/u doesn't look bad. Yeah, I said it. :mad:

No I'm a 39 year old who acts like a 13 year old on my brothers computer! :)

G

Phil Redmond
01-20-2012, 10:28 AM
I normally restrain from using THAT particular insult, but I would only judge if I have met the man and I aint.

Still, he does 'come across' that way (you get me?) :D
Hey, if it's that bad of a term in the UK then I take it back.

Phil Redmond
01-20-2012, 10:31 AM
No I'm a 39 year old who acts like a 13 year old on my brothers computer! :)

G
So I guess I'm a 64 year old acting like a 39 year old?????:confused:

Graham H
01-20-2012, 10:33 AM
So I guess I'm a 64 year old acting like a 39 year old?????:confused:

No your are just a fossil! (jokes) :D

GH

sanjuro_ronin
01-20-2012, 10:40 AM

G

It would test your WC a WHOLE LOT more than chi sao for one thing.

LoneTiger108
01-20-2012, 10:42 AM
In all fairness I think we are all Kung Fu weirdos. You are right up there Bruce Leeroy but not as high as my mate Spencer.

If you think I'm high you will love my post here http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1153792&postcount=11

Graham H
01-20-2012, 10:44 AM
It would test your WC a WHOLE LOT more than chi sao for one thing.

I won't disagree with that! However I don't want to test in controlled environments. My VT training serves me well in a society of hooligans and drunk trouble makers both of which I am proud to be a part of! LOL

G

sanjuro_ronin
01-20-2012, 11:01 AM
I won't disagree with that! However I don't want to test in controlled environments. My VT training serves me well in a society of hooligans and drunk trouble makers both of which I am proud to be a part of! LOL

G

Hooligans and drunks are NOT trained fighters.
Testing ones skills against lower caliber opponents will only get you so far.
Any environment is as controlled as you want it to be and in this day and age there is no shortage of places one can go to test oneself "to the max".
Don't forget, if you can't succeed in a controlled environment you will have less chance in an uncontrolled one.

Graham H
01-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Testing ones skills against lower caliber opponents will only get you so far.
Any environment is as controlled as you want it to be and in this day and age there is no shortage of places one can go to test oneself "to the max".
Don't forget, if you can't succeed in a controlled environment you will have less chance in an uncontrolled one.

I'm happy with my lot. All depends on the individual I guess. If you expecting a new wing chun world champion you will be waiting a long time. LOL

G

Graham H
01-20-2012, 11:17 AM
.[/QUOTE]

Crazy f""""""s don't need MA mate! I know some wrong uns that would put most people to sleep no bother.

G

SAAMAG
01-20-2012, 11:19 AM

G

Sooooo....you'd rather stay in the confines and safety of your kwoon to train, or street fight...as opposed to training at another school or other open style full contact venue?

Jansingsang
01-20-2012, 01:14 PM

G

For f*** sake graham your sounding like the Cape crusader who goes out at night beating up hooligans and drunk troublemakers, in the name of PBWSLVT make sure the queen don't forget you in the next new years honors list you Muppet :D:D

anerlich
01-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Since I'm getting called out here, I'd point out that I never said Bayer, Graham or Kev's KF was crap. I did say G & K's incssant fanboyism was worthy of derision and acted it out, and that what was on video did not prove the grandiose claims made.

It's fun watching G overreaact, and his chain just begs t be jerked.

Unlike some, I'm not selling anytihng, or out to prove that what I do is so much better than anyone else's stuff. I dont have any vids - except some jiu jitsu matches from 8 to ten years ago.

Threaten me, call me a *****, Do your worst.

Wayfaring
01-20-2012, 05:30 PM

No, he looks way closer to 15 or 16. :D

Graham H
01-21-2012, 12:38 AM
For f*** sake graham your sounding like the Cape crusader who goes out at night beating up hooligans and drunk troublemakers, in the name of PBWSLVT make sure the queen don't forget you in the next new years honors list you Muppet :D:D

Really? Oh ok! Thanks

Kermit

Graham H
01-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Since I'm getting called out here, I'd point out that I never said Bayer, Graham or Kev's KF was crap. I did say G & K's incssant fanboyism was worthy of derision and acted it out, and that what was on video did not prove the grandiose claims made.

It's fun watching G overreaact, and his chain just begs t be jerked.

Unlike some, I'm not selling anytihng, or out to prove that what I do is so much better than anyone else's stuff. I dont have any vids - except some jiu jitsu matches from 8 to ten years ago.

Threaten me, call me a *****, Do your worst.

Overreact? I don't think so bro!

Incessant fanboyism???????? Most definately!!! :)

GH

Graham H
01-21-2012, 12:55 AM
No, he looks way closer to 15 or 16. :D

Hopefully longevity will be my friend!

G

GlennR
01-21-2012, 01:15 AM
It was already on this forum Glen you clutz but I'm glad you wasted your time looking for it. :)

Watch the clip i posted, its a joke ya knob

That clip is of me teaching one of my students. I posted it ages ago so the Ving Tsun police could jump all over it. I'm allowing him to move around and attack and to keep the flow going. At times I move forward so he can train something.

Yes, it is inspiring

It has been veiwed by a lot of people that I hold in high regard in Ving Tsun and they have given it praise. It's only training/teaching but if any of you guys would like to see some sparring I suggest you come round my yard and I can show you first hand.

Im convinced..... im booking a flight now!!!!

I'm looking forward to all your negative comments.

Hopefully ill live up to your wishes ;)

GlennR
01-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Hopefully longevity will be my friend!

G

That will give you a total of one ;)

GlennR
01-21-2012, 01:22 AM

Well it may prove that you can fight, that would be a relevation.
Incidentally, we/I cross train with other gyms

Maybe, but it might also be a valuable experience.

Heres a question for you, do you like fighting?

Hahaha, you wouldnt dare ;)

n.mitch
01-21-2012, 01:33 AM
classic, too funny

Graham H
01-21-2012, 01:36 AM
Is that it Glenda? I'm disappointed. What a waste of time. You've gone soft you plum! I'm outta here. :rolleyes::(

G

Graham H
01-21-2012, 01:37 AM
classic, too funny

Not another fecking ozzy? :rolleyes: Paper brits at best!

G