PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Combat Applications from a Wheel Chair

Ngfamilymember
01-19-2012, 10:14 PM
The following link is from a brother of mine who has been diagnosised with cerebral palsy at childhood and doctors told his family that he wouldn't make it past his teenage years. He was under weight, limited mobility on his left side, and unable to walk. He was turned down for martial arts as a child due to his wheelchair and inability to move like other students. So...
7 years ago, he came to the Winglock Ng Family Style and was given muscle/tendon changing training exercises along with Tai Chi and old school combat conditional training. Through his dedication, he passed everyone expectations and earned his black belt and him and I continue to train to this day. He has went from barely being able to extend his limbs fully and having little to no waist control to punching with full force and doing weapon combat courses in knife,stick,cane,spear, and swords.
This shows what true potential is within the human body. We help pave our destination if our heart is right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJHyYl-viu4

Respectfully,
-Jeff

Dale Dugas
01-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Jeff,

Incredible spirit!!

Respect to your brother!

Ngfamilymember
01-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Thank you for the kindness Master Dugas,

And it is an incredible spirit that dwells especially within him.

Respect towards you and yours too my friend,
-Jeff

Syn7
01-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Sweet. Ive seen a few wheelchair bound grapplers. It's gotta be tough. Awesome to see these guys gettin down.

If was in a chair and felt like I needed to defend myself I think I would want a roscoe. I guess it depends on why youre in the chair, like what is your mobility.

Runlikehell
01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Your brother inspires me. I too suffer from Cerebral Palsy, but my condition was not as severe as his.
I have similar problems and this shows me that I can conquer them as well.

Thank you so much for posting, and much respect to you, and to your brother.

hskwarrior
01-22-2012, 10:14 AM
As someone who escaped the Wheel Chair and returned to Gung Fu I totally feel and appreciate what your brother is doing. Heart of a champ.....

by the way.......GO NINERS!!!!!!

http://www.youtu.be/Zv4WrUIRSR4

Ngfamilymember
01-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Thank you all for the kind responses. I've trained for a longer time than my brother, but I can honestly say that he's the one that has taught me some of the most important lessons in "heart" and "determination".

His strength and will feeds my own when I think about getting lazy, lol.

Hskwarrior, I'm glad you returned back to your feet and I hope all is going well. It's great to conquer limitations.

Runlikehell, hope the best for you and yours and thank you for the kindness. I believe any obstical can be overcome in some way, fashion or form which I'm sure you've seen also.

He wanted to show people, that no matter what type of medical inhibiting factors may have ahold on you, you can still rise and be the best you can be at what ever you put your mind to.

I believe more short videos are in the work with training exercises and applications. So I will share them if they hit youtube.

Again, thank you all for the respect and kindness.
Much respect,
-Jeff
www.uscivilcorps.com

Runlikehell
01-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Runlikehell, hope the best for you and yours and thank you for the kindness. I believe any obstical can be overcome in some way, fashion or form which I'm sure you've seen also.

He wanted to show people, that no matter what type of medical inhibiting factors may have ahold on you, you can still rise and be the best you can be at what ever you put your mind to.

Jeff, thank you. Much appreciated.
That's very true. I've noticed some progress since beginning my training. I believe I still have some way to go, but I know I can get there.

Much respect.

Ngfamilymember
02-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Another video dealing with a basic Knife defense approach...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS6K9TTCTJM&feature=player_embedded

Knife defense from just a basic shoulder grab and threatening with a blade. Wish we had another camera on the opposite side so that it could record the hook and body manipulation better...but you should get the drift.

Take care,
-Jeff