PDA

View Full Version : I Kill

doug maverick
01-21-2012, 11:45 AM
so guys here is a teaser for what is to be my next feature film..directing commercials etc. have kept me tied up for the last few years but im ready to get creative again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-QfCU9vU2M

especially now that the indie market has opened up again..it was dead for a long time. anyway enjoy.

mickey
01-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Greetings,

The first fifty seconds or so had me thinking of the lipstick and preparation scene to Bowie's music in Inglourious Basterds. I liked everything up until and including the throat slash. What came after should have been left up to the mind of the viewer while the camera should have focussed on the protagonist's continued reaming actions and facial expressions. The need to see a bloody knife or the victim holding his throat wasn't needed. I did not understand the need to edit in the watch shot after the protagonist looked at it. It was not necessary. All the aforementioned took away from the darkness and the intrigue that you had from the beginning. You had to use light for those shots and it ruined things.

There was no need to explain what you shot in the caption at u tube. What you shot was a sufficient hook. Make your audience want to see more.

Otherwise, you have a very nice approach. I would like to see more.

mickey

doug maverick
01-23-2012, 01:34 PM
this is just a teaser shot really quickly and on the cheap.. one of my key lights broke..on the beach scene so the wide shots were dark. the male actor was not an actor but a friend who was available. we shot in 23 degree weather on the beach under the manhatten bridge in brooklyn nyc. with strong winds...after an hour for safetly purposes i had to call it quits..despite not getting the facial look i was looking for in the male actor. the explanation is more for people to click link then to explain the video. thanks for your input.

mickey
01-23-2012, 07:58 PM
doug maverick,

Considering what you were up against, I like what you shot even more. I am glad your key light went out. The darkness added A LOT to the atmosphere. Sin City came to mind, as well as those comics inked in black and white.

Break a leg with your efforts!

mickey

doug maverick
01-24-2012, 01:22 AM
thanks...i wanted it to have a dark tone.which is why the actors are wearing dark clothing..but not that dark..but thank gawd for HD cause if i shot that in standard def..pssh would have been pitch black. the interiors were shot in a friends house that has been featured in a reality show about oddities because its a kookie place... thats his real bedroom we didnt do anything to it...it really says i am the heart of darkness over his bedstead and all those heads and crucifixes.

GeneChing
01-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Will there be sword fights? Every good film needs sword fights.

doug maverick
01-24-2012, 10:52 AM
hahaha....the music was designed by a friend of mine who is an amazing musician...and i pushed him into film scoring he has scored several commercials for me..and this track was actually for a car commercials but i stole it...lol

you can check out more of his stuff on his facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/172-St-Music/188286667889127?ref=ts