PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilding makes you slow and...

sanjuro_ronin
01-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Remember that silliness that some still believe that BB makes you slow and stiff?
Well...

Here is former pro BB Flex Wheeler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL2TnTVKDu8&feature=fvsr

Kevin Levrone sprinting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-ygiI6_3M&feature=related

JamesC
01-24-2012, 11:25 AM
It CAN make you slow, especially if you gain a lot of weight and don't do any conditioning.

If you do conditioning WHILE you get bigger, you won't get slower. You'll most likely get a lot faster/more agile.

sanjuro_ronin
01-24-2012, 11:28 AM
It CAN make you slow, especially if you gain a lot of weight and don't do any conditioning.

If you do conditioning WHILE you get bigger, you won't get slower. You'll most likely get a lot faster/more agile.

Sure, anything makes you slow if you gain weight and do nothing, that is a given.

wenshu
01-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Doesn't matter how big someone is, give them enough steroids and HGH and they'll turn into a god**** cheetah.

I'm definitely not trying to defend the old limp wrist 90lb weakling justification for lack of strength but all other things being equal, lighter and smaller is always going to be faster.

Darthlawyer
01-25-2012, 08:34 PM
And I can't tell from the video to what extent he has built his lower body muscles. Having a well developed upper body won't prevent you from kicking high.

That being said, I agree with the sentiment that body building doesn't necessarily preclude flexibility. However, I believe there are ways to improve functional strength that are more efficient than bodybuilding. Typically, using much lower weight, higher rep can build more functional (for the purposes of MA) strength.

mickey
01-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Greetings,

Flex Wheeler: His arms are so heavy he can't hold them up to fight. :)

Kevin Levrone: I am really sad for this guy. In that link he looked so roided up. Currently, he has depressed testosterone levels as a result of taking steroids. When he first showed up on the scene he really looked good and natural.

I prefer the term "Strength Training" to "Bodybuilding". Bodybuilding brings to mind steroids, untested pharmaceuticals. Even the so called "natural bodybuilders" are selling out to pharmaceuticals. Last year, I picked up a magazine on natural bodybuilding and the editor said something so incredibly profound that it stuck with me long after I immediately threw it out. He wrote in very large letters that the best nutrition comes from a combination of: protein and free form amino acids.

Back on topic: When ABC's Wide World of Sports had its annual Superstars competition, the strong guys did pretty well all around.

mickey

dirtyrat
01-25-2012, 11:06 PM
a distinction should be made between strength training(general) & bodybuilding(specific). bodybuilding seem primarily concern with muscle hypertrophy rather than optimal strength and functionality. here's an excerpt from an article by Tom Venuto that i found interesting:

With low reps, the hypertrophy (size increase) of the muscle fibers is usually minimal. In other words, reps under 6 make you stronger, but they don't necessarily make you bigger if the strength gains come from adaptations in the nervous system - the muscle fibers and other muscle cell structures do not hypertrophy (enlarge). This explains why certain athletes, powerlifters and Olympic lifters can be wicked strong but they sometimes don't look as strong as they are.

When you train with medium reps (6-12) the adaptations are more metabolic and cellular and only moderately neurological. This is why 8-12 reps is the range most often recommended for bodybuilding and hypertrophy. You get bigger AND stronger in this rep range, but your strength gains are not maximal. This explains why some bodybuilders look stronger than they are (and why they are often the brunt of jokes made by powerlifters and weight lifters; i.e. "big, weak, slow, useless muscles", ha ha ha).

When you train with higher reps (13-20+), the adaptations are mostly metabolic, cellular and vascular. This rep range produces local muscular endurance, a small degree of hypertrophy in certain cellular components such as the mitochondria and the capillaries, and very little strength.

There is not a distinct line where neural adaptations end and structural/metabolic adaptations begin; rather it is a continuum, like temperature or colors of a rainbow

mickey
01-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Hi dirtyrat,

Yes, bodybuilding focuses upon the aesthetic. The appearance of strength is mostly a perceptual thing shaped by cultural ignorance and understanding. There was a time when bulging muscles did not stand for much. And that time is coming back with a passion. There was a time when people looked at a person's neck, once called a "stack", as an indicator of strength (as in "That guy has a 23 inch stack!! He's a friggin' monster!!).

Bodybuilding also refers to a culture as well. That was what I was writing about.

mickey

Frost
01-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Myths are just that, and are normally put around by people who have no idea about what they are talking about and are jealous if what they see, tom platz was another bodybuilder with incredible flexibility, as for strength well a number of body builders also compete in powerlifting, and steroids doesn’t mean they are all show and no go, coleman pull in the 700 pounds range for lods sake, franco was a champion powerlifter so on and so on

And I hate to break peoples bubbles but if you think bodybuilding is tainted by a drugs culture and some how strength training is more noble well I question where you have trained and what you have seen: powerlifitng, OL lifting (remember the entire Bulgarian team getting deported from the OL games one year?) and strongman are all rife with drugs, (as louie simmons once said there are no drug free meets just drug tested)

sanjuro_ronin
01-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Myths are just that, and are normally put around by people who have no idea about what they are talking about and are jealous if what they see, tom platz was another bodybuilder with incredible flexibility, as for strength well a number of body builders also compete in powerlifting, and steroids doesn’t mean they are all show and no go, coleman pull in the 700 pounds range for lods sake, franco was a champion powerlifter so on and so on

And I hate to break peoples bubbles but if you think bodybuilding is tainted by a drugs culture and some how strength training is more noble well I question where you have trained and what you have seen: powerlifitng, OL lifting (remember the entire Bulgarian team getting deported from the OL games one year?) and strongman are all rife with drugs, (as louie simmons once said there are no drug free meets just drug tested)

What he said.
I think that the whole muscle bound silliness has been shown over and over to be just that, silly, BUT we do know that the myth does indeed persist.
I don't think it is fair to compare a pro bodybuilder that focuses soley on getting big and ripped with a gymnast ( in terms of flexibility) or a world class sprinter ( in terms of speed).
My point was that those bodybuilders that do CHOOSE to be flexible or fast or whatever, can be just as flexible to fast and that their bulk doesn't hinder them as much as many people falsely believe.

mickey
01-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Greetings,

Frost-- I see that you mentioned other competitive sports involving weight training. I do not give two humnps about them when it comes to the competitive element and you are right about them. I was referring to strength training for that purpose only: training for the development of strength. i should have added healthy and natural.

By the way, did I ever talk to you about..........resistance bands? :)

mickey

Frost
01-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Greetings,

Frost-- I see that you mentioned other competitive sports involving weight training. I do not give two humnps about them when it comes to the competitive element and you are right about them. I was referring to strength training for that purpose only: training for the development of strength. i should have added healthy and natural.

By the way, did I ever talk to you about..........resistance bands? :)

mickey

so you were comparing competitive athletes with recreational hoobyiests, why? recreational body-builders are for the most part natural as well, iys apples and oranges

mickey
01-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Hi Frost,

If you read my initial post, it was in reference to the use of the term "bodybuilder?". It is not a positive word anymore.

mickey

sanjuro_ronin
01-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Hi Frost,

If you read my initial post, it was in reference to the use of the term "bodybuilder?". It is not a positive word anymore.

mickey

I think that is a bit unfair to be honest ( though I don't disagree with you).
The truth is that the vast majority train with weights to look good, ie: build their bodies.
Pro bodybuilders are on an elite level all their own and I am not sure why people don't understand that.
Bodybuilding is building the best looking body you can BUT it also MEANT the best effective body too ( though that has since been downgraded or ignored).
The over development of current bodybuilders. one can argue, is not THEIR fault but a answer to the demand placed on them ( by judges and fans).
I admire the amount of effort and training it takes to be a Dorian Yates or Ronnie Coleman or Lee Priest and anyone that doesn't really has no grasp of what it takes to get that way.
Sure drugs play a huge part but they have ALWAYS played that part.

Lets be honest here, this is their jobs, their 9-5 and just as we would be proud if we were considered the best in the world at doing our job, so are they.

mickey
01-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi sanjuro ronin,

This is a clip of a 17 year old Lee Priest with his mom. What do you think? He looked like an amazing natural freak to me. For anyone who looks that good clean to have to use roids to step it up for competition is a serious blow to bodybuilding. Somebody has to stand strong and say that this is not the way to do things. And it slowly beginning to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_MYGP95guo

mickey

sanjuro_ronin
01-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi sanjuro ronin,

This is a clip of a 17 year old Lee Priest with his mom. What do you think? He looked like an amazing natural freak to me. For anyone who looks that good clean to have to use roids to step it up for competition is a serious blow to bodybuilding. Somebody has to stand strong and say that this is not the way to do things. And it slowly beginning to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_MYGP95guo

mickey

Lee uses steroids, he has admitted as much.
All pro BB use them and more of course.
As we know, PED are a mainstay of professional sports athletes and the reason is quite simple:
Those that train more are in better condition to compete and PED allow you to do just that.
That said I am 100% AGAINST them.
That a genetic freak like Lee had to do them is not surprising since ALL of the elite pro BB ARE genetic freaks as well AND they are on PED.
If one wants to compete at the elite level then one must do what they are doing.

Now, do ALL pro athletes use PED? I don't think so.
Do all the elite level ones? I don't think so either.
EX: I don't think Anderson Silva uses PED.
But I do believe that ALL the high level strength athletes ( and this includes BB) do use PED.
Why? because the performance they turn out on a REGULAR and CONSISTENT level on the schedule they are.
No way they can do that without PED.

MightyB
01-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Bodybuilding vs Strength Training reminds me so much of TCMA vs MMA :D

Sorry guys - don't have any good kindling to start a flame war - you should search for Frost's and my epic battle on this very same subject. It was a fun one and one of the few where I got burnt a bit :p

My keyboard fu needs practice!

sanjuro_ronin
01-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Bodybuilding vs Strength Training reminds me so much of TCMA vs MMA :D

Sorry guys - don't have any good kindling to start a flame war - you should search for Frost's and my epic battle on this very same subject. It was a fun one and one of the few where I got burnt a bit :p

My keyboard fu needs practice!

In some ways it is and in some ways it isn't.
BB certainly is a TYPE of ST, but the building of strength is a byproduct of the primary goal, which is physical development.
ST is not just the development of raw strength but all types of strength:
Explosive strength - Olympic lfits
Raw strength - powerlifting
Endurance strength
The combination of the above - strongman contests
Strength and muscle developement - Bodybuilding
Etc...

Frost
01-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi Frost,

mickey

maybe not to you, but neither is strongman to alot of people for the very same reasons

wenshu
01-27-2012, 02:41 PM
As with all things internet this argument excludes the middle.

The obvious implied reference from the original post is the oft cited fallacy that strength training is somehow deleterious to gong fu.

Any one with any common sense whatsoever can see this for the hogwash it is. At its most simplified and basic level gong fu IS strength training. However the backlash to the aforementioned nonsense involves over compensating and trying to justify methods that are in fact a hindrance.

It doesn't make sense for a fighter to invest the time and energy into extreme hypertrophy that would be better spent on training actual fighting skills and staying power. More muscle mass means more blood volume needed to provide that increased mass with O2 thus needlessly taxing the heart.

Does body building make you slow and inflexible? No, not training makes you slow and inflexible. However, hypertrophy protocols are far from ideal for someone training for three 5 minute rounds.

dirtyrat
01-27-2012, 03:26 PM

The obvious implied reference from the original post is the oft cited fallacy that strength training is somehow deleterious to gong fu.

Any one with any common sense whatsoever can see this for the hogwash it is. At its most simplified and basic level gong fu IS strength training. However the backlash to the aforementioned nonsense involves over compensating and trying to justify methods that are in fact a hindrance.

It doesn't make sense for a fighter to invest the time and energy into extreme hypertrophy that would be better spent on training actual fighting skills and staying power. More muscle mass means more blood volume needed to provide that increased mass with O2 thus needlessly taxing the heart.

Does body building make you slow and inflexible? No, not training makes you slow and inflexible. However, hypertrophy protocols are far from ideal for someone training for three 5 minute rounds.

well said! :D

sanjuro_ronin
01-30-2012, 06:41 AM

With this common sense, no wonder you are not welcomed in the wing chun forum !
:D

sanjuro_ronin
01-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Lets just put an end to the argument right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM6vZ0SyeGY&feature=related

Hebrew Hammer
01-30-2012, 12:26 PM
I believe this probably where its at for the combination of martial benefit and strength training...hell I wish this training was around when I was playing football...incredible functional, explosive, mixed in with cardio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzD9BkXGJ1M&context=C3a0e2ceADOEgsToPDskLc_iDhT8EMJPez2L45250P

I'm still evaluating the whole kettle bell thing...my back starts crying every time I look at it. Otherwise I'm sure its an awesome work out.

wenshu
01-30-2012, 12:47 PM
I believe this probably where its at for the combination of martial benefit and strength training...hell I wish this training was around when I was playing football...incredible functional, explosive, mixed in with cardio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzD9BkXGJ1M&context=C3a0e2ceADOEgsToPDskLc_iDhT8EMJPez2L45250P

I'm still evaluating the whole kettle bell thing...my back starts crying every time I look at it. Otherwise I'm sure its an awesome work out.

Did you really hate playing football?

Take every single one of your accomplishments on the field of play and go ahead and throw them all away. For good measure add a chronic, debilitating shoulder/lower back/achilles injury. That is exactly what Crossfit would give you.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/407092_2822236669030_1052354170_2876602_595675221_ n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/399871_289273881130927_136680169723633_801352_8613 70891_n.jpg

Neeros
01-30-2012, 01:13 PM
I want to see a sports team enhanced by genuine Qigong.

Hebrew Hammer
01-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Did you really hate playing football?

Take every single one of your accomplishments on the field of play and go ahead and throw them all away. For good measure add a chronic, debilitating shoulder/lower back/achilles injury. That is exactly what Crossfit would give you.

Are you speaking from experience? Actually Football screwed me up quite a bit on its own, my second year of Jr College ball, I had constant 'stingers' every game...I ended up with a hairline fracture of one of my vertebra's and the constant hitting with my head had caused my equilibrium to be completely altered and had to do extensive physical rehab.

The one thing that I was extremely grateful for was the flexibility training that I learned at a 'speed' clinic I attended in High School, basically taught by this track coach, I was one of the most flexible players on the team and I attributed it greatly to almost having no significant leg injuries in the 8 years of football. When I took up CLF, my sifu spent a significant amount of class probably a half hour (2 hr classes) on flexibility and warm up stretching exercises. I found them to be invaluable, they increase your athleticism maybe that's not the right world but I'm tired...in my opinion and also contribute to feeling 'fit'.

Back then we did mostly a power lifter weight training work out...squats, bench, power cleans and shoulder presses...of which the power cleans were the only real transferable lifts to playing football. From what I've seen on TV, I think today's players have a much better training and lifting programs.

Kevin73
01-31-2012, 06:27 AM
Not stretching makes you not flexible. Talk to a guy who sits at a desk all day and doesn't do any stretching and he probably can't touch his own toes. It has nothing to do with bodybuilding.

I hate arguments like this saying something is "bad" and making a blanket statement.

Yes, bodybuilding could be bad if you don't train properly, but so can every other type of training out there if not done properly or taken to extremes.

SavvySavage
01-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Truth be told I wouldn't fuk with a guy who was popping out of his shirt no matter how slow he may or may not be. I've see power lifters and body builders at gyms. They are both scary looking in their own way. I'm too puny to body build so I focus on getting stronger.

dirtyrat
01-31-2012, 12:19 PM
anything's possible.

a buddy of mine, short fella and pretty average looking back in high school, got into bodybuilding sometime after high school and won a few competitions. now he's a trainer at a local gym.

Hebrew Hammer
01-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Truth be told I wouldn't fuk with a guy who was popping out of his shirt no matter how slow he may or may not be. I've see power lifters and body builders at gyms. They are both scary looking in their own way. I'm too puny to body build so I focus on getting stronger.

That my friend is really the heart of the matter...size gets respect. We are visual creatures, our eyes effect our judgement...kind of a risk assessment. Fear, common sense, or intimidation/aggression wins more fights in the real world that skill set. Its the mental aspect of the pre fight ritual. The fight or lack of one is decided by the biggest dog principle...certainly not in all instances but the majority of the time, in my opinion. There are other kinds of visual cues that come into play ie eye contact, facial expressions, posture, movement etc that determine if there will be a fight.

I think this is overlooked often...the indicators of impending assault and how to recognize them. Its one of the things since I've started working on a psych ward that I've picked up on and can usually tell within a few seconds if there will be a physical confrontation or not.

SavvySavage
01-31-2012, 12:52 PM
That my friend is really the heart of the matter...size gets respect. We are visual creatures, our eyes effect our judgement...kind of a risk assessment. Fear, common sense, or intimidation/aggression wins more fights in the real world that skill set. Its the mental aspect of the pre fight ritual. The fight or lack of one is decided by the biggest dog principle...certainly not in all instances but the majority of the time, in my opinion. There are other kinds of visual cues that come into play ie eye contact, facial expressions, posture, movement etc that determine if there will be a fight.

I think this is overlooked often...the indicators of impending assault and how to recognize them. Its one of the things since I've started working on a psych ward that I've picked up on and can usually tell within a few seconds if there will be a physical confrontation or not.

I agree. I work with the mentally disabled and this is what I've noticed. If you puff your chest out, make eye contact, act somewhat dominant, they won't mess with you. But if you come in on the first day with your Clark Kent glasses, looking tired, looking nervous, then they won't respect you. If you're a big mofo they won't screw with you at all.

That's just the men. The mentally disabled women I've worked with are a totally different story. They attacked men, women, big, small.

TenTigers
01-31-2012, 01:53 PM
I agree. I've worked with many mentally/emotionally disabled women.
Wait, is that the same as dating?

IronFist
01-31-2012, 07:42 PM
These threads make my head hurt.

Let clarify the nonsense that probably needs to be clarified based on how these threads always go:

Muscle size has no bearing on how fast or slow you are. Thinking otherwise is BS propagated by TMA'ists in the 50's who didn't know the first thing about anatomy or physiology.

All pro BBers use steroids.

Most pro athletes use steroids. Why? Because they have to in order to stay competitive. If your competition who is genetically gifted is using steroids, then you being genetically gifted is not enough; you have to use enhancement. Don't forget that pros have access to the best masking agents, too. They pass drug tests all the time. I really don't care what you read in the magazines or what your favorite athlete says in a press conference. Talk to people in the industry instead.

All else being equal, the stronger guy wins.

Size and strength can make up for lack of technique.

Technique can make up for lack of size and strength.

Be very afraid of the guy who is big, strong, and skilled.

Skinny TMA guys (because it's always skinny TMA guys) who talk crap about big muscular guys' fighting prowess have never trained hard or realistically against resisting opponents. 30 seconds in a real gym will change this erroneous belief.

"Big muscles are just for show" is grossly overestimated and over-used by TMA instructors, their brainwashed students, and other non-fighters. That big guy is also probably stronger than you.

Increasing the distance you can run doesn't give you more endurance for fighting.

People who blow their loads over "functional training" are missing a good portion of the puzzle.

People who only train bodybuilding are also missing a good portion of the puzzle.

You can get stronger (increasing the maximal amount of work your muscles can do as measured by increasing 1RMs) without gaining much size, if you train a specific way.

Strength is a function of nervous system efficiency. All else being equal, a bigger muscle has more potential, but isn't necessarily stronger. There are 140 pound powerlifters with higher 1RMs than 220 pound bodybuilders. But the strongest people in the world on an absolute scale are big people.

Your workout progress is a function of your diet, your training routine, and your GENETICS. What works for one person might not work for another.

There's no such thing as "toning" and high reps are only good for developing endurance in that exercise.

Sanjuro_ronin, have I covered them all?

Hebrew Hammer
01-31-2012, 07:55 PM
You have girl arms.

IronFist
01-31-2012, 08:00 PM
I know :(

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

sanjuro_ronin
02-01-2012, 06:43 AM

Let clarify the nonsense that probably needs to be clarified based on how these threads always go:

Muscle size has no bearing on how fast or slow you are. Thinking otherwise is BS propagated by TMA'ists in the 50's who didn't know the first thing about anatomy or physiology.

Most pro athletes use steroids. Why? Because they have to in order to stay competitive. If your competition who is genetically gifted is using steroids, then you being genetically gifted is not enough; you have to use enhancement. Don't forget that pros have access to the best masking agents, too. They pass drug tests all the time. I really don't care what you read in the magazines or what your favorite athlete says in a press conference. Talk to people in the industry instead.

Skinny TMA guys (because it's always skinny TMA guys) who talk crap about big muscular guys' fighting prowess have never trained hard or realistically against resisting opponents. 30 seconds in a real gym will change this erroneous belief.

"Big muscles are just for show" is grossly overestimated and over-used by TMA instructors, their brainwashed students, and other non-fighters. That big guy is also probably stronger than you.

Increasing the distance you can run doesn't give you more endurance for fighting.

People who blow their loads over "functional training" are missing a good portion of the puzzle.

People who only train bodybuilding are also missing a good portion of the puzzle.

You can get stronger (increasing the maximal amount of work your muscles can do as measured by increasing 1RMs) without gaining much size, if you train a specific way.

Strength is a function of nervous system efficiency. All else being equal, a bigger muscle has more potential, but isn't necessarily stronger. There are 140 pound powerlifters with higher 1RMs than 220 pound bodybuilders. But the strongest people in the world on an absolute scale are big people.

Your workout progress is a function of your diet, your training routine, and your GENETICS. What works for one person might not work for another.

There's no such thing as "toning" and high reps are only good for developing endurance in that exercise.

You have beaten the internet !
Here is your prize:

http://tabletwall.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Lucy-Pinder-Sexy-Gift-Wraped-iPad-Wallpaper-Download.jpg

wenshu
02-01-2012, 09:42 AM

http://tabletwall.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Lucy-Pinder-Sexy-Gift-Wraped-iPad-Wallpaper-Download.jpg

After that muddled word soup the only thing I'm clear on are the stretch marks.

It's not the years, it's the miles.

sanjuro_ronin
02-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Fan of airbrushing are you? :D

wenshu
02-01-2012, 09:54 AM
I have no problem with stretch marks.

Bloated bullet lists are another story. . .

David Jamieson
02-01-2012, 11:21 AM
1. People that don't like body building don't have much of a body to show.

2. people who don't like forms, don't know how to do any properly.

3. People that say lifting weights is no good for you, can't lift much weight and aren't brute strong.

There, that about covers it right? Except for TT's stable of crazy women he's experienced. I can't speak to that as I used to cut the loonies loose early on...

sanjuro_ronin
02-01-2012, 11:26 AM
I have no problem with stretch marks.

Bloated bullet lists are another story. . .

I have no idea what that is and I don't think I want to know !

GeneChing
10-25-2019, 08:35 AM
I don't care what any of you say. Yuan Herong could crush us all between those thighs. :eek:

Totally ripped female Chinese bodybuilder is the real-life Chun Li and a doctor (https://shanghai.ist/2019/10/25/totally-ripped-female-chinese-bodybuilder-is-the-real-life-chun-li-and-a-doctor/?fbclid=IwAR2Y13drchR4AH6J75Yb2wCDDPkbn53fbIL1CsNS J7XbbEl07ZY4oPpOq2A)
She's posted photos in her wedding dress and birthday suit
by Alex Linder October 25, 2019 in News

https://i2.wp.com/shanghai.ist/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/yuan-herong2.jpg?w=995&ssl=1

AChinese woman has attracted some attention online recently with pictures of her incredible physique drawing her comparisons to the real-life Chun Li of Street Fighter fame.

Yuan Herong has more than 64,000 followers on Instagram and 110,000 on Weibo where she posts photos and videos showing off her totally ripped bod.

yuanherong1229 (https://www.instagram.com/yuanherong1229/)
https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/77186a9b66cfc3722ba2477332d47275/5E5CD890/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/73038923_535164460647667_2657330280233194959_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1
https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/27f3c42a82dabc3dcb641fbfb76688b6/5E48EE15/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/66625060_216996892601592_3079694060723416288_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=100

While her followers naturally presumed that the 30-year-old was some sort of fitness trainer, she has corrected this misperception, explaining that she is in fact a doctor and part-time model.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/ba0cd01a33e78ff0ebba9e5e15de139f/5E4D88BB/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/71528605_738744676587884_6892759991036121831_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/5ecea496d9ec0a46c35e65d3853ed956/5E418303/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/71139823_135257711141505_3450417057394567537_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1

Though those occupations may seem like enough to keep one busy. Yuan evidently also finds time to work quite a bit and also participate in bodybuilding competitions.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/129422bb124a64773726d21787551525/5E4F23B2/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/69030049_723475298078306_4509350936322851204_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=102

Potential suitors were disappointed earlier this month when Yuan posted photos and videos of herself trying on her wedding dress.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/aefcc9cdd702596bd560b32d31cad83f/5E45DEAD/t51.2885-15/e35/s1080x1080/70801311_2710992118964199_6551092443095742547_n.jp g?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1

Though, they were presumably able to look past their disappointment later in the month when Yuan posted some artistic nude shots.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/10d02109571eb28327adbdbc2f185196/5E2AA700/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/71811431_552567831969524_3079623099334475200_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1
https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/0e5b3e81a060c43371b24dbea80a7a99/5E49179C/t51.2885-15/e35/s1080x1080/74711309_143455356967510_796794008310161588_n.jpg? _nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1

GeneChing
10-30-2019, 08:31 AM
Will she need her own indie thread soon?

Traditional Chinese medicine doctor, 30, stuns millions after showing off her unbelievably ripped physique (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7625099/Traditional-Chinese-medicine-doctor-shows-incredibly-ripped-physique.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490)
Yuan Herong from China's Qingdao has always dreamt of being a Kung Fu fighter
But her parents, both doctors, told her to go to medical school for a stable career
She began gym training after meeting a professional bodybuilder through work
Her gruelling workouts earned her an incredibly toned body and throngs of fans
By TRACY YOU FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 06:42 EDT, 29 October 2019 | UPDATED: 13:16 EDT, 29 October 2019

A traditional Chinese medicine practitioner has soared to fame after revealing what's underneath her white coat: her incredibly toned muscles.

Fitness fanatic Yuan Herong, 30, started exercising two years ago because she wanted to 'look stronger'.

With the simple goal in mind, she hits the gym five times a week come rain or shine, and her gruelling workouts have earned her an unbelievably ripped physique and hundreds of thousands of followers on social media.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319356-7625099-image-m-33_1572344032481.jpg
Physician Yuan Herong (pictured) has amazed the internet after showing off her astonishing body on social media platforms. Ms Yuan, 30, comes from the Chinese city of Qingdao

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319322-7625099-image-a-13_1572343941513.jpghttps://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319330-7625099-image-m-12_1572343938902.jpg
The medics says she has always been a fan of sports since she was a child, particularly Chinese Kung Fu, but her parents wanted her to go to medical school in order to have a stable career

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319326-7625099-image-m-32_1572344022338.jpghttps://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319304-7625099-image-m-30_1572344014881.jpg
At the beginning, Ms Yuan started to exercise because she wanted herself to 'look stronger', but the fitness fanatic, who works at a clinic in eastern China, now competes nationally

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319316-7625099-image-a-24_1572343990415.jpghttps://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319328-7625099-image-a-23_1572343990407.jpg
According to the medical worker, she doesn't need to work shifts, therefore she is able to exercise in the evening after work.
She says she goes to the gym four to five times a week

Ms Yuan works as a physician in a traditional Chinese medicine clinic in the city of Qingdao in eastern China's Shandong Province.

She says she has always been a fan of sports since childhood, particularly Chinese Kung Fu, but her parents wanted her to have a stable career.

'Both my parents are doctors. At first, I didn't really want to study traditional Chinese medicine, I liked martial arts,' Ms Yuan told MailOnline.

'My parents told me not to give up my medical studies because they said it was a career that could benefit me for all my life,' the medic added.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319320-7625099-image-m-40_1572344439572.jpghttps://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319314-7625099-image-a-41_1572344444192.jpg
Initially Ms Yuan took yoga class, but she soon realised it couldn't help her grow muscles which was her goal at the time, so she hired a private instructor for a year to give her training
continued next post

GeneChing
10-30-2019, 08:32 AM
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319306-7625099-image-m-45_1572344457353.jpghttps://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319324-7625099-image-a-46_1572344462845.jpg
Her fate changed when she met Zhang Wei, a professional bodybuilder, through work. Mr Zhang encouraged her to compete in bodybuilding contest and trained her systematically

Ms Yuan followed her parents' advice and pursued an academic route until she obtained a doctor's degree.

But when her school days were over, the keen sports lover finally decided to listen to her own heart. She began to spend more and more time in the gym.

'I started by taking up yoga class, such as pilates, but then I realised workouts like these couldn't really help me grow muscles, so I hired a private instructor to give me training.'

Ms Yuan started to take up bodybuilding after she met Zhang Wei, a professional bodybuilder, through work.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319822-7625099-image-a-52_1572344667234.jpghttps://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319808-7625099-image-a-53_1572344670337.jpg
Ms Yuan is pictured displaying her muscles in a national competition held by the Chinese Bodybuilding Association last month in Qingdao, the provincial capital of Shandong

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319308-7625099-image-m-57_1572344689550.jpghttps://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/17/20319806-7625099-The_determined_gym_goer_tasted_success_when_she_wo n_the_second_p-a-109_1572369418306.jpg
The determined gym-goer tasted success when she won the second place of the competition

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319310-7625099-image-m-64_1572344884103.jpghttps://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319318-7625099-image-a-65_1572344889670.jpg
Speaking of future, Ms Yuan said she wanted to learn martial arts through a Kung Fu master

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319818-7625099-image-a-73_1572344922782.jpghttps://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/29/10/20319816-7625099-image-a-74_1572344927791.jpg
Ms Yuan is seen showing off her Chinese Kung Fu moves on stage. 'After I make some money, I will use it to hire a master and learn martial arts. I have never given up my martial arts dream'

Mr Zhang encouraged her to compete in bodybuilding contest and designed a training system for her.

'Because I am a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner, I don't need to work shifts. Therefore I get to go to the gym at 5:30pm when I finish work. I go there four to five times a week no matter it rains or not,' Ms Yuan said.

'I have thought of giving up. Training is a tough, painful, tiring and lonely process.

'But when I saw my muscles becoming more and more toned, I felt it was worth it,' said Ms Yuan who also does modelling on the side.

Last month, the determined gym-goer tasted success when she won the second place of women's Class-A competition in a national championship held by the Chinese Bodybuilding Association.

Yet, Ms Yuan has never given up her dream of becoming a Kung Fu fighter.

Speaking of future, Ms Yuan said she wanted to learn martial arts.

'After I make some money, I will use it to hire a master and learn martial arts. I have never given up my martial arts dream,' she said.

THREADS
Bodybuilding makes you slow and... (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?62940-Bodybuilding-makes-you-slow-and)
Looking for a Good Chinese Doctor (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?59152-Looking-for-a-Good-Chinese-Doctor)

GeneChing
11-25-2019, 10:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MlTcVtakE0&fbclid=

Yuan Herong gets her own thread (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71593-Yuan-Herong-Bodybuilder-TCM-medic-amp-Kung-Fu-fan) now.

THREADS
Bodybuilding makes you slow and... (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?62940-Bodybuilding-makes-you-slow-and)
Looking for a Good Chinese Doctor (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?59152-Looking-for-a-Good-Chinese-Doctor)

heavens000
09-12-2022, 02:04 PM
Does this girl eat anything besides steroids? I don't think some girl can get that result without steroids.

bismarc123
09-12-2022, 02:05 PM
Even if she is using anabolics, there is nothing wrong with that. No one can get results without daily training, even if they take steroids daily. I use anabolics to increase muscle mass too, but I had to work out every day to get results. Some drugs are approved even in WADA; you can find them here: this spam has been changed to our sponsor (https://martialartsmart.com) . Have you heard anything about SARMS? They are anabolic drugs, and this online store sells SARMS of very good quality. After consulting with your doctor, you can safely start taking these drugs without worrying about the consequences.

bawang
10-25-2023, 05:51 PM
After years of doing normal weight training exercises I think bodybuilding might actually be indeed be not too useful for kung fu. It has something to do with the watery muscle bellies.

YinOrYan
10-26-2023, 12:13 PM
After years of doing normal weight training exercises I think bodybuilding might actually be indeed be not too useful for kung fu. It has something to do with the watery muscle bellies.

I've noticed the issue of weight training has been a polarizing issue between different schools of kung fu, often between Taoist/internal and Buddhist/external systems. I tend mostly to use them in conjuction with weapon training, swapping in different weights for knife or pole weapons, regardless of whether the weapon forms are from Taoist or Buddhist systems...

bawang
10-27-2023, 01:12 AM
I've noticed the issue of weight training has been a polarizing issue between different schools of kung fu, often between Taoist/internal and Buddhist/external systems. I tend mostly to use them in conjuction with weapon training, swapping in different weights for knife or pole weapons, regardless of whether the weapon forms are from Taoist or Buddhist systems...

u gotta keep in mind modern training relies on extraphysiological amounts of meat and protein intake. I suspect the bloated muscle bellies can act as protein reserves. These water baloon muscles are reported in medical studies to suck nutrients away from tendons and inhibit tendon growth with cellular signalling.
The modern training regimen also often have rediculous amounts of downtime where ur just sore and resting, which is also unrealistic in non industrial society.

another big issue is maladaptive neural entrainment and movement paths. For exaple bench press is notorious for deactivating the scapula.