PDA

View Full Version : Hung Kuen Jing Chung

SouthernGungFu
01-24-2012, 12:17 PM
http://hungkuen-jingchung.com/

TenTigers
01-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Not sure what to make of this.
is this simply a blog for airing your grievances? or an open forum?

SouthernGungFu
01-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Its not my site, just stumbled upon it. It claims to be an open forum but does look like a place he airs his grievances! (you nailed it!!)

here are the forums...

http://hungkuen-jingchung.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=2

LaterthanNever
01-24-2012, 04:41 PM
"Fear of confrontation (even verbal) seems to permeate other Hung Kuen forums. This is strange, considering the purpose of martial art is dealing with confrontation."

I'm not sure I think it is fear. The lack of confrontation(as he puts it)..be it verbal or otherwise..to me at least..bodes well for the uniformity and lack of politics(at least compared to some other kung fu styles) in Hung Ga. Sure, there are minor differences of opinion..but the Hung Ga folks I've met and spoken to seem to be a pretty even tempered bunch ;)

hskwarrior
01-25-2012, 09:52 AM
here is some hung Gar performed at our Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon....

http://youtu.be/m9lyaf5o8wQ

SouthernGungFu
01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Nice. Thanks for sharing.

And here is a video of the school that is hosting the above forums, the teacher of the school is the one doing Fu Hok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lapf0oWwOFE

sanjuro_ronin
01-25-2012, 11:00 AM
"Fear of confrontation (even verbal) seems to permeate other Hung Kuen forums. This is strange, considering the purpose of martial art is dealing with confrontation."

I'm not sure I think it is fear. The lack of confrontation(as he puts it)..be it verbal or otherwise..to me at least..bodes well for the uniformity and lack of politics(at least compared to some other kung fu styles) in Hung Ga. Sure, there are minor differences of opinion..but the Hung Ga folks I've met and spoken to seem to be a pretty even tempered bunch ;)

We tend to be "action not words" type of MA.
We don't do Wing Chun, LOL !

LaterthanNever
01-25-2012, 02:12 PM
"We don't do Wing Chun, LOL !"

Easy now! ;)

SouthernGungFu
01-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Nothing but classy conversation from a classy school whose students are just as classy as the classy teacher.

The schools students are just having conversations among themselves.

ngokfei
02-01-2012, 12:17 PM
IMO its always good to get multiple sides of a story in any situation.

And its always nice to get them to put it in writing as we atll know that once its in print on the internet its there for ever (as been shown on other disputed topics).

Personally it would be more meaningful if the head of the group was speaking instead of a representative. "Getting it from the horses mouth".

SouthernGungFu
02-01-2012, 12:45 PM
I agree with the multiple sides, however all their stories are one sided with no proof backing their claims.

On the boards they continue to belittle, they were yelling 'Family Statement to Follow' on just about everything they had issues with. That was months ago. They couldn't come up with any family statements, so they created their board to complain to the world. It seems only 2 maybe 3 of the students are talking among themselves.

The teacher apparently allows it but has distanced himself as he has yet to say anything official. He should come up with those promised 'Family Statements'. Then their issues might mean something. Since he doesn't, who are these guys anyway? If it was an issue it would come from Hong Kong and not these students.

Discuss...

ngokfei
02-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Yes I agree that certain individuals from that School are, lets say, terse when dealing with others on certain matters.

evidence is generally lacking on all sides because it really doesn't exist. For example: when an individual claims they are the Heir/successor where is the document.

I've noticed alot of sifu today who issue various documents ie: Baisi when they themselves never received one from their own teacher who in many cases dosn't have one either.

its the internet so its all good beyond all these pathetic challenge matches BS.:D

SouthernGungFu
02-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Not only the posts were deleted or edited, they had posted a video of some guy from their school doing the opening of Gung Gee (but is incorrectly titled Iron Wire) that had 4 years of comments. The comments were funny, the guy in the video and another student from the school were challenging everyone who made comments about the video. It showed their true colors, but now is gone.

Discuss... (again, dont bother)

SouthernGungFu
02-19-2012, 04:29 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzFNvzL8oso

The school who runs the boards most senior student. I wonder why they disabled comments. I was going to give him advice on what he is missing and some tips on what not to do.

LoneTiger108
02-20-2012, 09:25 AM
FWIW I have only met Sifu Jim once, but had heard of him for years. He is a no-nonsense character who seemed very humble considering his learning directly with Master Chan Hon Chung for a considerable time. My reason for having heard of him is because my own Sigung Lee Shing had also met Jim through his Sifu back in the late seventies, as they all knew eachother back then.

From the brief time I spent with him and some students he came across as a 'oldskool' type guy, who fought more than he taught!! But he had an admiration for my own Sigung and the Wing Chun system from him, and that in itself meant alot to me :)

From also being in close contact to the man I can honestly say, even though he suggested he hadn't trained 'in years' his arms looked serious enough to do some damage as I would expect from any serious 'Traditional' Kung Fu Sifu. He does have another site himself with a brief biography if anyone is questioning his authenticity. He definitely is no Internet couch potato!!!

Just my 'outsider' opinion ;)

http://www.kungfu.co.uk/biog.htm

SouthernGungFu
02-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Hahhahhaaaa. You have high praise for them!!!

The Gung Gee video is terrible and so is the other one I posted. (that even shows the teacher doing a poor Fu Hok)

He was a 'tourist' (the term his own students use) when in HK learning on his trips there. Never a full time student. Just a regular customer to the school.

His students like to start trouble with other schools in the same style. Look at the posts that remain, although heavily edited from their original form. The apple does not fall far from the tree as you just stated about the fights.

The forum is dead anyway, only 3 people from the school post among themselves. Their posts are either boasting about themselves telling everyone how great they are or saying things that are bad about lineages in the same style. No wonder that school gets no respect and nobody cares.

I will leave it at that.

LoneTiger108
02-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Wow! I didn't realize you Hung Kuen guys were as immature as the Wing Chun lads!! :confused:

Why did it take you this long to say anything so negative?? And I presume you have met him and trained or exchanged with him directly (as seems to be the prerequisite on here!)

I only say what I see and speak of my personal experience, and if I meet guys that have good respect for me and what I do I often give the same in return.

LoneTiger108
02-20-2012, 01:47 PM
The school gives no respect to others therefore gets no respect from me. They continue to belittle my lineage publicly and their teacher allows it. He gets no respect from me nor does his school.

Fine with me. I just thought I'd put my opinion across.

But if you have an issue why don't you take it up with Sifu Uglow himself?

Just took a quick look at your other posts. Looks like you thrive on negativity.

Negativitiy? OK.

SouthernGungFu
02-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Did you just call me immature? Read their posts and reassess your thoughts on that.

The school gives no respect to others therefore gets no respect from me. They continue to belittle my lineage publicly and their teacher allows it. He gets no respect from me nor does his school. I am sure if his seniors in HK know about the schools forum I am sure they would disown them if they dont already. The school is just trying to get attention and its not good attention to have.

Just took a quick look at your other posts. Looks like you thrive on negativity. You are nothing to me and so are your thoughts and opinions.

SouthernGungFu
02-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I have written the school many times. They tell me the teacher is too busy to reply. And then next thing you know, the students make a post in their forum bashing what I had emailed them about. (but they end up removing it a few days later)

Just be weary of this school is what I am saying. They claim to follow Mo Duk but demonstrate the opposite. Then they release a video of their most senior student in an attempt to show off his skill, yet we all now see that are not skilled in the arts at all, just boasting and inflating their egos.

LoneTiger108
02-21-2012, 05:04 AM
They claim to follow Mo Duk but demonstrate the opposite.

This is true of many many people these days, but from my experience this rule is best observed in person dude rather than over an internet forum because there seems to be no place for such virtues here! :o

Problem is, as with everything in Chinese Martial Arts, even the core Code of Conduct is 'up for interpretation'!!

EssexJaapie
02-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Hello, I’m Martin. I started the website (http://hungkuen-jingchung.com/); first attempt. I think it’s progressing well, though.

By the way, I disabled comments on Gung Gee because of insults posted about our teacher. My brothers offered a traditional meeting, but it seems many are only interested in arguing over the internet.

We don’t belittle any lineage, or criticise forms posted online. But after years of tolerating insults ourselves, we have been sanctioned by Chan Hon Chung’s family to clarify a few facts (eg, see this post (http://hungkuen-jingchung.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=343)). We will be posting more interesting stories from an internal family perspective.

Thanks, Martin.

SouthernGungFu
02-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Martin the link you posted (again edited by Angle today. Since you posted a link here I see he you cleaned it up again) sure does not say nice things about Lum Jo. Looks to me you are trying to cause friction regarding a dead issue.

Didn't the guy in the Gung Gee video say negative things about another Sifu as well? Then continued to make snide comments on that thread? Looks to me you just belittled another lineage. No, that cannot be as you said your school does not do that. http://hungkuen-jingchung.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=346

Your forums progressing well? It is just you and 2 others posting among yourselves. Nobody is contributing. Nobody really cares about you, your school and your forums. They see thru your facade. Things would had been different if you were respectful to others. But as you said, your school offered traditional meetings. Challenges to fight. We do not like what you say about our school and forms. We challenge you to a fight. That is very mature of you, your school and your teacher.

How about a family statement from Hong Kong, signed and dated this month and this year from Chan Hon Chung’s family and not manufactured by you or your school? That would be impressive. Not just posts by you and 2 others from your school saying whatever you want. You said you tolerated insults for years, now you are doing the insulting.

Prove to the world you have been sanctioned.

LoneTiger108
02-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Hello, I’m Martin. I started the website (http://hungkuen-jingchung.com/); first attempt. I think it’s progressing well, though.

Hi Martin and welcome to the madness... just keep doing what you do. ;)

Please pass on my respects to Sifu Uglow and I am sure we will all cross paths again soon at TMAS or SENi?

TenTigers
02-22-2012, 11:26 AM
this is some of the most lame, petty, immature crap I've seen in quite awhile.
Keep it up. You're making quite a name for yourselves.

sanjuro_ronin
02-22-2012, 11:30 AM
this is some of the most lame, petty, immature crap I've seen in quite awhile.
Keep it up. You're making quite a name for yourselves.

I've been debating what to do with this thread...

Dragonzbane76
02-22-2012, 11:36 AM
I stepped in here and thought i had wandered into the Wc threads. lol

sanjuro_ronin
02-22-2012, 11:47 AM
I stepped in here and thought i had wandered into the Wc threads. lol

Well, that settles that !
None of that here !