PDA

View Full Version : Chinese iron balls

Pelar
07-03-2001, 08:36 PM
Hi there!
I have a set of two chinese iron balls and wanted to ask if there are any "right" or "wrong" methods to use it, and if there are different exercises for it apart from rotating them.
Also, is there a direct connection between the iron balls and martial arts training?

Thanks in advance,
Pelar.

Pelar
07-03-2001, 08:46 PM
And yeah, I know...

"Chinese iron balls" does sound queer... ;)

Sil Lum Palm
07-04-2001, 12:19 AM
The motion your hands make do resemble a Chin Na training method described in Dr. Yang's book Analysis of Shaolin Chin Na. I use them and I do about 100 rotations quiet a few times a day. It seems to work pretty well. This builds strength in your hands. Anything can be improvised into MA training!

S.Teebas
07-04-2001, 05:23 AM
I am disapointed guys.... This topic, and i dont see any immature or stupid posts! can someone please set things right?

I am at kunfuonline arn't i?

S.Teebas

Pelar
07-04-2001, 12:25 PM
I once heard someone saying that the balls shouldn't touch one another. Is that true?
I can do it on the outwards rotation motion with both hands, but not on the inwards motion.

Sil Lum Palm
07-04-2001, 04:14 PM
I have heard that they shouldn't touch, however thats pretty hard depending on the size. For the exercises I do them with I don't worry to much if they touch or not.