PDA

View Full Version : Passed my last board exam

Dale Dugas
01-30-2012, 11:42 AM
I passed my last board exam for my acupuncture license.

Dear lord I abhor board exams.

With that said now its time to move on, get the license in March and start treating those in need.

Thanks for the prayers, advise, etc from all those at KFO.

and yes, there is a KFO discount on treatments.

sanjuro_ronin
01-30-2012, 11:47 AM
So you are now legally able to stick needles in people and get away with it?:D
AWESOME !!!!
:D

Dale Dugas
01-30-2012, 12:11 PM
I will be getting my license at the end of March.

Then I can not only poke people but ask them for money for it.

:eek::D

Vajramusti
01-30-2012, 09:58 PM
I passed my last board exam for my acupuncture license.

Dear lord I abhor board exams.

With that said now its time to move on, get the license in March and start treating those in need.

Thanks for the prayers, advise, etc from all those at KFO.

and yes, there is a KFO discount on treatments.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations Dale.

joy chaudhuri

Featherstone
01-31-2012, 07:12 AM
Congrats Dale, good luck and good fortune!

Dale Dugas
01-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Thank you, Joy and everyone else for the kind words.

Hebrew Hammer
01-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Congrats Dale! If I may ask how hard where the board exams? How was your TCM training experience? How long did it take? Where you able to do it while working? Just curious...there's a TCM school here in San Diego...very expensive but I'd love to give it a whirl.

GeneChing
01-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Now the real work begins. Time to make a living at it. ;)

mooyingmantis
01-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Dale,
Great job and good luck!

Dale Dugas
01-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Thank you brothers for the kind words.

Now the real work starts when my shingle is hung.

Dale Dugas
01-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Congrats Dale! If I may ask how hard where the board exams? How was your TCM training experience? How long did it take? Where you able to do it while working? Just curious...there's a TCM school here in San Diego...very expensive but I'd love to give it a whirl.

The board exams are tough. I had to retake two of them as I did not pass the first time.

My TCM training was great as I went to the New England School of Acupuncture, the oldest school of TCM in the USA.

It was a 3 year program. Some of the schools are 4.

I was working part time and then got work study at school.

I am in debt up to my eyeballs but this is the job for me.

LaterthanNever
01-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Congratulations Dale!

Wishing you a prosperous and successful future :)

Will you do a..I'm not sure of the correct term..preceptorship/post-grad experience/externship,etc. in China at some point?

Sorry..didn't mean to give you PTSD just after passing your exams! :eek: :D
As I'd imagine that more education is..at this point..the last thing you want to think about .

Best,
LTN

Lee Chiang Po
01-31-2012, 08:22 PM
Are you saying I was supposed to have had a license to do this stuff? Have you taken the hypocritic oath yet? All seriousness aside, congratulations. I know it must have been the longest 3 years you have ever done. But I bet it is going to be worth it. Just be careful now and don't get to horse playing and stick someone in the eye.

ntc
02-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Congratulations, Dale. You will truly enjoy your Chinese Medicine career. Not to mention you herbal background will serve you well. TCM is very rewarding.... I bet u can hardly wait to get started.

ShaolinDan
02-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Congratulations. :)

Dale Dugas
02-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Thank you for the kind words, brothers.

Lee Chiang Po
02-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I have two TCM doctors that I see occasionally, and both are white. A man and a woman. Both are very good at what they do, and I would recommend either one to any of my friends. However, it sort of feels strange to me seeing that they are actually not Asian. Like I told the guy, maybe if you grow a fu manchu mustache it will help your image.

Dragonzbane76
02-03-2012, 05:44 PM
grats dale.

I've always wanted to try some other practices of medicine for my back. (accupuncture) I have systematic muscles (romboids) (spelling) that seem to want to seperate my rib heads from my spine all the time. I've done a lot of deep tissue massages that seem to help for a time and the chiropractor of course, but my muscles always seem to want to spas out and pull on the rib heads. both have stated that trigger points are all knotted up. I can go a week or 2 and always end up back where I started with the ribs messed up and pain. Of course grappling 2 to 3 times a week for hours on end doesn't help.

Jimbo
02-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Congratulations, Dale.
I'm glad to hear that you can now practice at what you truly love to do. And you will be helping many others as you do it.

All the best to you in your practice.

mickey
02-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Greetings,

A very belated congratulations. Enjoy your journey.

mickey

Dale Dugas
02-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Thanks Mickey!

gareththomasnz
03-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Congrds Sifu Dugas

I wonder what are your thoughts on Bong han duct research in Korea.

kfson
04-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Congrats to you, sir!
I mean Doc!

Dale Dugas
04-06-2012, 08:33 AM
No doc here, I am a Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist here in Massachusetts.

Thank you for the kind words.