PDA

View Full Version : Which style is it ?

Xian
01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_uad7HyIU&feature=plcp&context=C35cabbfUDOEgsToPDskLMoP_zvZp5Y_9_F4ufhWxU

Whats the correct name ? I cant get it from the speaker. Anyway maybe you havent seen it before.

Kind regards,
Xian

RenDaHai
01-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Well, the Chinese says SiShiShi, '40 moves/techniques'

The techniques are standard SongShan, though not familiar with the sequence. Is it perhaps a student of ZhuTianXi?

LFJ
01-31-2012, 12:34 PM
It appears to be the same student as in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ptoDaaEYo&feature=related

He's a student of Zhu Tianxi, and it sounds like Tianxi's voice narrating the video.

I have a feeling this set was created by Zhu Tianxi himself, combining typical sequences from Hongquan, Paoquan, and Luohanquan. In that respect, it is similar to his long Rouquan set, which I have only ever seen or heard of him and his students doing.

His Chinese website said he created the Liuhegong set he does himself after 10 years of studying TCM and combining it with Shaolin material. There's also the odd Chanyuangong, that only he apparently does- movements of which are found in his long Rouquan set.

I think a lot of his material he created himself, although Sal suggests otherwise....

RenDaHai
01-31-2012, 12:50 PM
He's a student of Zhu Tianxi, and it sounds like Tianxi's voice narrating the video.

I have a feeling this set was created by Zhu Tianxi himself, combining typical sequences from Hongquan, Paoquan, and Luohanquan.

Yeah, I had that feeling, There is a whole sequence directly from PaoQuan and the rest is bits from Luohan. But because it is lifted exactly from Pao Quan, I have to assume it is recently created as old forms don't lift such large sections. Also no unique moves.

Still, a good collection of traditional techniques.

Mind you, with 18 forms of Luohan Quan alone, I'd have thought he had enough forms already!

Xian
01-31-2012, 12:51 PM
@LFJ

Thanks, I had a similar idea that it is modern one, because it looked like different parts of different sets combined, but not like in other sets where you see for example something from Taizu or another form, but in that it has a clear difference and its more fluent too. Just my opinion.

Kind Regards,
Xian