PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Weapon Questions

IronFist
10-02-2001, 10:39 PM
Alright. First question: Don't these knives look like they're curved the WRONG way?

http://www.wle.com/media/W264.jpg

Second question: Isn't this cool? It says It can be used to smoke as well as be used as a weapon. 49" long 1.5 lb.

http://www.wle.com/media/W068.jpg

Third question: Wouldn't it suck to be hit by this?

http://www.wle.com/media/W075.jpg

Fourth Question: Is this the same as the Klingon weapon, or is it a little different? At any rate, $349 is a lot to pay for it.

http://www.wle.com/media/w107s.jpg

Answer format:

Iron

KC Elbows
10-02-2001, 10:43 PM
1. Those are clearly the chosen weapon of a suicidal. I'd like to see the form that goes with those.
2. Now, is that strictly for tobacco use?
3. Yes.
4. & yes, that's the klingon weapon.

Now again, is #2 only for tobacco use? I'm thinking Jackie Chan in "The Legend of the Stoned Master"

Mojo
10-02-2001, 10:46 PM
1. Yes
2. I've seen pictures of this weapon being used by some practitioners in Mainland China
( side note: a bong doesn't work so well as a weapon, you get bong water all over the place. )
3. This is a 'Wolf's tooth Cudgle' and I've seen it used in Hsing-I and also Shaolin.
4. Look the same to me.

Kung Lek
10-02-2001, 10:51 PM
Why don't you just read the desciptions that are beside each weapon as they are displayed at the wing lam site?

it tells you right there what they are and what they are for.

peace

Kung Lek

PHILBERT
10-02-2001, 10:53 PM
1.) I'd take a pair of those (different color.) And yes, they do look bent wrong, but I'd still take them!

2.) Imagine putting some illegal substances in that thing, smoking it, then when you get mad at your dealer, beat him with it.

3.) That looks like the weapon the Sandpeople (Tusken Raiders) used in Star Wars! And yes that would hurt.

4.) They sell those at a weapons shop near me for $150.

PHILBERT

IronFist
10-02-2001, 11:03 PM
Why don't you just read the desciptions that are beside each weapon as they are displayed at the wing lam site?
it tells you right there what they are and what they are for.

Ok. Step by step now :)

1. The site says, "These swords, usually wielded in pairs, are short, quick, and wickedly curved. Bladed, pointed guards protect the grips and the primary blades are brief and hook to a point. This is a traditional, though rare weapon. "

But my question was, "Don't these knives look like they're curved the WRONG way?"

2. The site says, like I quoted, "It can be used to smoke as well as be used as a weapon. 49" long 1.5 lb. "

My question was, however, and I quote: "Isn't this cool? " That question was not answered on their site.

3. The site says: "Spiked Weapon 53" long 5 lbs "

That doesn't answer my question

4. The site says: "The real Fantasy weapon weight 7.35lb, long 46", heigh 15"."

That doesn't answer my question.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Iron

JWTAYLOR
10-02-2001, 11:18 PM
So there. Hmmf.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Stranger
10-03-2001, 01:13 AM
1) I can't comment on the blade curve being "traditional" or not, but the forward curve does VERY different damage and is used differently than the backward curve blade. They are designed with a different fighting method in mind.

4) qeysus is our resident Klingon Martial Arts expert. He has posted about that weapon before.
I beleive they have an instructional video or book for Klingon Martial Arts offered on that site as well.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Stranger
10-03-2001, 01:23 AM
Khukuri and the Fairbairn Cobra are forward curved blades that are quite effective.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

joedoe
10-03-2001, 02:12 AM
Apparently the forward curved blade gives you more slicing/pulling power. That is why the Ghurkas are supposedly able to virtually take a man's head off with their kukhri (or however it is spelled).

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

Silumkid
10-03-2001, 02:19 AM
Probably part of, if not all of, the reason why it is referred to as "fantasy weapon" rather than "Klingon weapon" may be the same reason why the book about the Be'tleh (sp?) is not widely available. The official Star Trek group had a fit that they were not involved in the project(s) and exercised copyright powers (so I have heard).

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!