PDA

View Full Version : Qi-Gong for leaping Body Lightening

dre_doggX
07-04-2001, 08:33 PM
I heard some kungfu and qi kung master could leap over buildings does any one know any qi qong excerises for this
Andre Lashley

Andre Lashley

IronFist
07-04-2001, 08:45 PM
does any one know any qi qong excerises for this

What do you think guys? Should we tell him the secret qi gong exercises for jumping over buildings?

Iron

dre_doggX
07-04-2001, 08:58 PM
In this months Kungfu Qi Gong Magazine they mention a Black Tiger master who could do this. and this is not the frist time I heard this.

CAt"Gogen Yamaguchi" also could leap to the top of his ceiling with a jump kick

Andre Lashley

UberShaman
07-04-2001, 10:51 PM
You meditate in seven positions using 5 secret breathing patterns for 4 years, Then you attach a cable to your yourself and up you go. I hope you dont believe those stories, ever notice that when camera's appeared all those mystical skills vanished?

Rory
07-05-2001, 12:45 AM
I read that black tiger article it seems pretty hard to believe it says that wong cheung learned the black tiger system, iron wire set, cheng style pakua, grinder dummy, and hung gar. it says that he studied under wong fei hung!!! it also says he leared chi kung from another guy. all that by the age of 28!!!!!

Rory
07-05-2001, 12:46 AM
look in sun lu tang's hsing-i's book

Turiyan
07-11-2001, 04:40 AM
The running up a board seems to be a widely accessable version of what I learned as a lightfoot stepping for tracking animals.

You may have heard people in the south say that indians "walk soft". I learned some methods as a kid and used to 'train' them daily.

The basic training involves walking and running on the balls of the feet. You should see my feet. They look like duck feet. I'll post a pic soon.

Roundeyes figured out how the indians did it. It helps to have shoes like a moccasin (the blackfeet would dip their feet in latex resin). But how they do it is they walk with the feet parralell.

Instead of out like this: / the feet are like this: | | or / .

Problem is, you have to have the genetics to do this. Like the full turnout in ballet. If you cant do it, dont train it. You'll cripple yourself.

When you try it you'll notice that the ball of the foot hits first. This makes the footfall softer than heel toe, heel toe.

Most people learn to walk wrong. Because parents rush it. They walk like how a baby would walk if you are being held up with your arms. They learn to throw the leg forward and crash down on the heel.

Some styles focus on stance and stepping patterns for years just by nature of the fact that walking is learned against the natural way.

Personally, I think its a foregone conclusion, you cant unlearn bad habits like bad walking. Just as you cant forget how to ride a bike.

Basics are like that, and thats what makes them so special. I think you can unlearn bad habits because doing a bad habit is a bad habit in itself. But your not going to forget how to breath, or walk.

Its a shame that the west mystifys things like tai chi and chi kung, when its just good habits. It becomes something unatural, and forced, and degrades into an activity. Something you do, rather than be.

My research has uncovered some striking similaritys between walking and running methods in various indian tribes from south america (the gait of power) to the exterior (eskimos) all the way to desert nomads of the gobi and ordos (urdus).

The running looks like a sprinters exercise, which is a fast motion of the stalking step where you hang the leg out and bring the front leg down slowly and feel out your step and move away any objects that may make noise. When both feet are on the ground, all of the weight is on the front foot.

When the front foot is up like a crane stance, its totally empty. You never step fully down and always stay on the balls of your feet. The training is strenuous to say the least. And its best to start this kind of thing young.

The secret of light body is getting the energy out from the toes and feet at a distance. Like when the foot is up, and hanging, toe pointed or ball of foot facing the ground.

It also makes you harder to track when the ball of the foot hits first and the heel never touches. There are all kinds of skills that are outside the scope of so called martial arts. Like mantrapping and marking trails.

One has to train their perceptions to notice a stick broken a certain way to show that a booby trap is ahead, and that skill bleeds over to other aspects of life.

People only see what they want see. As far as running up a board, this allows you to do the running on the ball of the foot, and it puts distance between the foot and the ground but I doubt most could obtain success from this method.

The image of westerners crashing through the jungles of vietnam with sloshing canteens in army boots with huge heels tripping over booby traps and stepping on mines introduces an entirely different pandemic issue surrounding culture, perception and upbringing.

Its not a hat you put on like a karate gi. You have to be born into it. Light body is best trained as a hard chi kung with weights, preferably lead of some kind, to thicken the chi.
Any of the training would mess up the joints and ligaments in short time and seems best suited for larger people.

Small people should stick to hard body and forget about running on ricepaper without leaving a mark.

The energy and mental principles seem most important. Nevertheless, there is a lot of fairy tale stuff written about light body and sun lu tang that should be best taken with a grain of salt.

Turiyan gold, Brahmin caste, Ordos clan
I'm like swizterland. I'm neutral but I fight everybody.

Tartar blood flows strong in the world:
http://www.illuminati-news.com/li_bloodline.htm

Chinese military forum:
http://www.anyboard.net/plaboard/

IronFist
07-11-2001, 08:21 AM
Turiyan said:

"Light body is best trained as a hard chi kung with weights, preferably lead of some kind, to thicken the chi."

Lead? Really? Everything I've ever read said to avoid lead at all costs because it can poison you. (unless you treat it a certain way, which invovles cooking it in some animal's blood or something, i don't remember)

Iron

bearpaw
07-13-2001, 01:13 PM
I was in marching bandin high school for four years. We learned how to "roll" our feet, literaly putting the heel down then forcing each section to hit at seperate times. this gives stablity while playing an instrument and destories shoes (most shoes are designed with stiff soles), this is very hard to un-learn. BUT we learned something even more interesting. Its called "jazz running", its running but the heel never hits the ground. this forces the legs to pull you foreward instead of pushing. this is the type of running you see in ballet. This is the type of running the "indians" used. I wiegthed 250 lbs at the time and could easily run up behind some one with out them hearing me. If you get good you can just walk like that but most people don't have the lower leg streght to do it all the time.

bearpaw
07-13-2001, 01:15 PM
What I want ed to add was that I had a college professor who had video footage that he shot of people in Africa jumping over one-two story houses. He aslo showed us a tape of man who could lit paper on fire though the channeling of chi.

gohan0216
07-13-2001, 04:18 PM
Through the channeling of chi and a small lighter, lol.
-James

bearpaw
07-13-2001, 10:34 PM
That would have been interesting in not for the fact that he was stand four feet away from the paper.

phoenix-eye
07-14-2001, 01:45 AM
Was someone holding the paper?

I thought the best Qi Gong for body lightening was to inhale instead of eating and exhale instead of eating. Keep doing this for a few months and you should be able to jump a bit higher.

WuMan
07-16-2001, 10:50 AM
"inhale instead of eating and exhale instead of eating."
so do u mean only breath and not eat??

phoenix-eye
07-16-2001, 02:25 PM
Yup - you'll feel a whole lot lighter after a few months.

(I am only joking by the way)