PDA

View Full Version : Footwear of the Fast and Furious (or average joe)

White_Ape
02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Howdy to all my Kung Fu brethren!

Just looking for opinions, input, experience, etc.. on 'what is the best footwear you have used'

I know the general response is either "Feiyue" shoes or "whatever you wear everyday because you want to practice in what you wear otherwise it defeats the purpose...." ok.....got that part ;)

What I am saying is, in your wonderful and experienced opinions, what shoes have you found to be useful, comfortable, and somewhat good looking everyday shoes that are functional during practice?

Its time for me to trade in my everyday raggedy @ss runners for some new shoes and I want to make sure I get a pair that are durable, somewhat stylish (though I am not terribly vain) but mostly function well (as in allow me to pivot without sticking too much, flex the toes up so I can use the ball of my foot, and still provide decent traction for kicks)
I was eyeballing those Reebok Zigs or CrossFit because the sole looks decently flexible, but I am afraid its too much traction that will kill my pivoting.

oh....please don't say "you're gonna have to try them on and see what works for you" :p I imagine I will at some point have to do just that, I'd like to get some feedback first and narrow it down a bit so I'm not in the shoe store Kung Fu'ing all over the place in 60 different shoes.... ya know :D

Thanks Everyone

Pork Chop
02-08-2012, 11:13 AM
When I did kung fu, it was usually Adidas Sambas or Vans.
Lately when I train in shoes, I wear special New Balance shoes for people with fallen arches.

mooyingmantis
02-08-2012, 11:24 AM
I wear $25 tennis shoes with velcro straps (no laces). I have used these for martial arts and work for decades.

MasterKiller
02-08-2012, 12:10 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Vibram_FiveFingers_Sprint_Coconut_Goblin_Blue.JPG

Lucas
02-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Indoor soccer shoes bro. hands down the best ive ever trained with in regards to shoes you can wear in any setting basically

you can find indoor soccer shoes catered to every foot type. wide, flat, heavy arch, slim, long etc.

reinforced toes, reinforced capped heels. light weight. flexible and very sturdy and enduring.

and ive used feiyue/kwons for years, but the indoor soccer shoe is great for street wear as well.

in door soccer shoes are designed to kick, and kick hard, as well as get kicked in the heel by other players.

one of my favs is the Oitsuka Tiger Asics, comes in several models:

http://www.saleonitsukatiger.com/images/onitsuka-tiger-california78-black-white.jpg

http://www.saleasicsonitsukatiger.com/images/ascis/U81T05.jpg

White_Ape
02-08-2012, 12:19 PM
ooooooo.... I forgot about Vans! Those would do the trick!
Interesting:D:D:D Thanks

White_Ape
02-08-2012, 12:21 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/Vibram_FiveFingers_Sprint_Coconut_Goblin_Blue.JPG
:eek: Holy Toes!!!! Those are awesome! can't imagine in the colder weather would be optimal, but still....me likes!

Indoor soccer shoes bro. hands down the best ive ever trained with in regards to shoes you can wear in any setting basically

you can find indoor soccer shoes catered to every foot type. wide, flat, heavy arch, slim, long etc.

reinforced toes, reinforced capped heels. light weight. flexible and very sturdy and enduring.

and ive used feiyue/kwons for years, but the indoor soccer shoe is great for street wear as well.

in door soccer shoes are designed to kick, and kick hard, as well as get kicked in the heel by other players.

one of my favs is the Oitsuka Tiger Asics

I will most certainly check this out, I like the idea of extra impact protection! Thanks!

ShaolinDan
02-08-2012, 12:22 PM
I like the Adidas Sambas myself, though I would still prefer feiyue's if I didn't need the arch support. The samba is a little stiff and sticky, but it also holds up really well.

A guy in my school likes to use the shoes MK posted--I've never tried 'em.

Lucas
02-08-2012, 12:22 PM
as far as the five finger from vibram, they come in 3 stage models as well from less protection to more. so you can get them pretty sturdy as well. im always paranoid about breaking my little toe tho lol

SavvySavage
02-08-2012, 12:24 PM

Just looking for opinions, input, experience, etc.. on 'what is the best footwear you have used'

I know the general response is either "Feiyue" shoes or "whatever you wear everyday because you want to practice in what you wear otherwise it defeats the purpose...." ok.....got that part ;)

What I am saying is, in your wonderful and experienced opinions, what shoes have you found to be useful, comfortable, and somewhat good looking everyday shoes that are functional during practice?

Its time for me to trade in my everyday raggedy @ss runners for some new shoes and I want to make sure I get a pair that are durable, somewhat stylish (though I am not terribly vain) but mostly function well (as in allow me to pivot without sticking too much, flex the toes up so I can use the ball of my foot, and still provide decent traction for kicks)
I was eyeballing those Reebok Zigs or CrossFit because the sole looks decently flexible, but I am afraid its too much traction that will kill my pivoting.

oh....please don't say "you're gonna have to try them on and see what works for you" :p I imagine I will at some point have to do just that, I'd like to get some feedback first and narrow it down a bit so I'm not in the shoe store Kung Fu'ing all over the place in 60 different shoes.... ya know :D

Thanks Everyone

Those funny shaolin shoes are too padded. Personally I love wrestling shoes to do everything in. It's the perfect season too because the're on sale in stores as opposed to just online and you can try them on.

I work out in them(lifting, stamina, martial arts), I walk around in them while hanging out. I like that the soles are thin. Everyone is currently getting into this barefoot craze and buying the shoes that master killer posted pics of. There are other "barefoot" shoes too without the toes. I have three pairs of vibrams(toe shoes) and guess what? They're too expensive for what they are which is essentially shoes with thin soles. It's like buying $100 pants to do yoga in or buying underarmor products to wrestle in. Way too expensive. Wrestling shoes are an affordable alternative and no one will look at you funny. Also, wrestling shoes allow your arch to stay/get strong since the sole is so thin.

Addidas makes a good pair of wrestling shoes for $45.

Now excuse me while I load up on carbs while wearing a pair of wrestling shoes.

Lucas
02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
i edited and added a couple photos so you can see the basic style

kristcaldwell
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
nothing better than a semi-worn down pair of feiyues :)

SavvySavage
02-08-2012, 12:35 PM
As a side note if you're worried about arch support, white ape. I'm completely flatfooted. No arches at all since birth. So are all my siblings. Wearing shoes with no support has led me to being able to walk around/do martial arts/run like a normal person. I don't believe in thick shoes at all unless they are snow boots.

Old Noob
02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I second both the Vibram five-fingers and wrestling shoes recommendations, though I give the edge to wrestling shoes.

uki
02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
i found the 5-10 guide shoe to be the best all round martial foot wear... it's a light hiking/climbing shoe with a hard stealth rubber sole - grips at any angle, any terrain... they are marking soles and wear out fast with wear and tear(mine lasted a year doing masonry work) they are extremely lightweight for the abuse they can take... feels like a sneaker or sandal. :)

http://www.endless.com/dp/B002AMUMCW/175-7524788-5329762?ie=UTF8&creative=395033&suppressRedirect=1&linkCode=asn&tag=hyendpla-20&creativeASIN=B002AMUMCW&ref_=asc_df_B002AMUMCW1892684

SavvySavage
02-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I second both the Vibram five-fingers and wrestling shoes recommendations, though I give the edge to wrestling shoes.

Vibrams aren't stable on a mat. I almost ripped a pair once. And vibrams have to be tried on which is hard since most store don't carry them. You have make sure they're the right size. My girlfriend bought me a pair as a bday gift because I wore a hole in my first vibrams. They were a bit too big and I couldn't wear them because my toes started hurting really badly(don't tell her I don't wear them). :)

Lucas
02-08-2012, 12:50 PM
if you want to try on vibrams find an actual running store. thats the purpose of the shoe. so shoe store that caters directly to runners will have all the vibram models generally.

Lee Chiang Po
02-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I wear $25 tennis shoes with velcro straps (no laces). I have used these for martial arts and work for decades.

That is exactly what I wear all the time. I have spent a lot of ruples on shoes that nearly killed me, and the cheaper walmart shoes do the best. I find that if you are not careful you will slip and slide inside a shoe. As your day progresses the feet tend to shrink for some reason. For this reason I get the narrow shoe rather than wide, and about half a size larger to give me toe room. I keep the toenails trimmed short too. This way the shoe can fit snug and not jam my toes. I like the outer strap tight enough that the shoe remains in place on the foot, and I bend the foot back as far as it will go (toe toward the shin) before fastening the upper strap. I can move about quickly without tripping on my own shoes. Footwear is extremely important when you are doing gung fu of any sort.
I went to a VA doctor with what I thought to be gout. He bent down and re-adjusted the top strap on my shoes and the pain simply went away. I felt DUH-UH that day.

SPJ
02-08-2012, 09:37 PM

Thanks Everyone

I have tried nike, reebok, puma,--

really depending on you and want you want

:)

White_Ape
02-08-2012, 11:53 PM
I have tried nike, reebok, puma,--

really depending on you and want you want

:)

what did you think of the nike, reebok, and pumas?

As I said I just want something comfortable, durable, decent traction but still allows me to pivot.

Right now I am leaning towards the indoor soccer shoes or the Vibrams, though I am worried the Vibrams might grip too much and hinder the pivot or cause blisters...

Trial and error I guess. I will be doing some round kicks and forms at the local 'Sport Chek' :cool:

jdhowland
02-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Skateboard shoes are perfect for me. No puffy heels. No arch. No waffle-stomper tread. No ball-of-the-foot pivot disc.

Good for heel kicks and you can feel the ground. Not too much traction so you can move quickly.

It's like choosing a good ring fighting surface: soft for wrestlers who need the "stick" and a cushion to fall on, hard for boxers who want faster footwork.

I've tried both wrestling and boxing shoes. Wrestling shoes feel good but don't have enough sole to be a good platform for my style. I have trouble finding boxing boots that fit well and they have more ankle support than I want.

Agree that well-worn fei-yues are pretty good. Fresh out of the box they are too sticky and are hard to balance on with no discernible edge to the soles.

On the other hand, three of my teachers preferred short dress boots, what used to be called "Beatle boots." That was their era--they came out of Gwongdong and Hong Kong in the '50s and '60s. They cause pain, pain, pain and they cut skin like nobody's business.

White_Ape
02-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Skateboard shoes are perfect for me. No puffy heels. No arch. No waffle-stomper tread. No ball-of-the-foot pivot disc.

Good for heel kicks and you can feel the ground. Not too much traction so you can move quickly.

It's like choosing a good ring fighting surface: soft for wrestlers who need the "stick" and a cushion to fall on, hard for boxers who want faster footwork.
Excellent, exactly what I am looking for. I used to have a pair of Vans years ago, but wouldn't the sole be too thick for flexing on skate shoes? I want to make sure on my front kicks I can really plant the ball of my foot in and not get that "toe jam".....I hate toe jam....

On the other hand, three of my teachers preferred short dress boots, what used to be called "Beatle boots." That was their era--they came out of Gwongdong and Hong Kong in the '50s and '60s. They cause pain, pain, pain and they cut skin like nobody's business.

:eek::eek::eek: Hard to the Core

Jimbo
02-09-2012, 11:05 AM
For training, I used to wear Cole-Haan deck-style shoes. Not fancy, but they were comfortable, would last a fair amount of time, and I could move comfortably in them. Also, the soles had some traction, but they weren't overly grippy. The big danger with overly-grippy soles would be the greater chance of knee injury during a turning, shifting or spinning move. They didn't look fancy, but they worked. I haven't been able to find them lately, though.

White_Ape
02-09-2012, 12:43 PM
The big danger with overly-grippy soles would be the greater chance of knee injury during a turning, shifting or spinning move. They didn't look fancy, but they worked. I haven't been able to find them lately, though.

Precisely the issue I am having now with the runners I'm training in. Too much grip, won't allow for that smooth and subtle pivot when I follow through on the round kicks, etc.. seems like they catch at just the wrong moment and really screw me up. Not to mention, as you said, the unnecessary torque on the knee/ankle/hip/muscles/etc..
But at the same time (ironically) I need something that allows enough grip that when I plant for a kick I'm not going to slip out half way through and really hurt myself.....
Its like I need something with grip on the heel and way less on the ball/toe area that way when I pivot I can place more pressure on the ball of my foot vs. the heel, and when I need to plant I can place more pressure on the heel, its very complicated and subtle when you think of the micro-mechanics of every kick/punch....
man I love Kung Fu.....

jdhowland
02-09-2012, 12:47 PM
but wouldn't the sole be too thick for flexing on skate shoes? I want to make sure on my front kicks I can really plant the ball of my foot in and not get that "toe jam".....I hate toe jam....

Could be. I don't give that consideration because my style doesn't use ball of foot kicks. That technique developed in barefoot styles. You might need something softer--and more expensive. Fei Yue is still a good choice then, cheaper than skateboard shoes.

I was in on the first skateboard craze in California, 1964. When the third or fourth wave of popularity hit in the '80s it really hurt me because the cheap Chinese sneakers that I loved for kung fu and could get for about $10 were rebranded as skate shoes and cost $50 to $100 more. :(

-N-
02-09-2012, 01:16 PM
$25 lace up leather cross trainers.

We train on asphalt, so the cross trainers are good for mobility and wear.

Lace them up tight so the shoes don't come off when throwing hard kicks.

Lucas
02-09-2012, 03:42 PM
http://balletuk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/pointe-shoes-satin-pink.jpg

White_Ape
02-09-2012, 03:55 PM
http://balletuk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/pointe-shoes-satin-pink.jpg

THATS IT!!!!! Those are PERFECT!!!
What are they called and where can I get them????

Lucas
02-09-2012, 04:46 PM
hey now the good stuff doesnt come cheap...send a little something my way and i might be able to hook you up. ;)

White_Ape
02-09-2012, 05:36 PM
hey now the good stuff doesnt come cheap...send a little something my way and i might be able to hook you up. ;)

I can see it now....some dark, back alley, two shady characters, and a jittery, paranoid, barefoot man making an 'exchange of goods'.....
Suddenly the cops rush in...the next days headline reads:

Bad Ballet! A shady shoe swindle gone wrong.
Police Gum-shoe 'laces' the case and the Perps get the 'boot'

YouKnowWho
02-09-2012, 05:52 PM
I like the wrestling shoes just because it's light weight, flexibility, and protect the ankle.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:106594/sku:66640001/nike-takedown-mens/black/lake/&SID=5506&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEM-_-Engine-_-Google-_-Plusbox&siorigin=pla

southernhands
02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
how about water shoes or diving boots,i'm going for my first class at the end of february and i'm going to try the diving boots out.but its also on carpet so don't know how that will go so may take my scuba socks also.

Pork Chop
02-09-2012, 09:40 PM
how about water shoes or diving boots,i'm going for my first class at the end of february and i'm going to try the diving boots out.but its also on carpet so don't know how that will go so may take my scuba socks also.

You mean the cloth-soled boots?
They don't last so long and they can be more trouble than they're worth when working on slick surfaces.

southernhands
02-09-2012, 09:58 PM
the socks are made of neopren,but the diving boots have a soft rubber sole.

White_Ape
02-10-2012, 12:00 AM
hmmmm.......just found zazzle.ca which is going to be making fully customizable shoes in 2012 at some point, based on the pro-keds hi's for men, which led me to check out Keds shoes, which look actually decent and not badly priced.....
all because I was bored and went to google and typed in 'Ninjutsu shoes' hahahahaha, I figured, hey, what the hell, good 'nuff for the Ninjas....:p

Pork Chop
02-10-2012, 08:28 AM
the socks are made of neopren,but the diving boots have a soft rubber sole.

ah, okay.
in okinawa we had dive boots with cloth-like soles (more like soft brillo pad) for preventing damage from sea urchins.

Lucas
02-10-2012, 10:27 AM
those darn urchins are always underfoot

http://dxdur5zrutizw.cloudfront.net/blog2/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/kids200707_468x407.jpg

White_Ape
02-10-2012, 11:58 AM
those darn urchins are always underfoot

http://dxdur5zrutizw.cloudfront.net/blog2/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/kids200707_468x407.jpg

hahahaha
looks they could use a good brillo pad scrubbing...

Lokhopkuen
02-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Puma TT super:D

White_Ape
02-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Puma TT super:D

goggled it. Love it. Its on my list now......

TenTigers
02-12-2012, 12:45 PM
if you look at the Jing-Mo (Chin-Wu) boots, they are ankle high, flat soled, reinforced heel and toe caps.
Wrestling boots are exactly the same, but they lace up nice and snug, and are built with modern materials (rather than car tire sidewalls for the soles.)

White_Ape
02-18-2012, 10:25 PM
So I finally got to try a pair of these Vibram 5 Fingers on, tried the KomodoSports, not too bad really. Felt extremely strange at first, but after walking around the store a bit in them I really liked the feeling of being close to barefoot. There was a pair of "indoor sport" ones that are supposed to be restocked next week, the dude said would probably be even better for martial arts stuff. I found them appropriately grippy but not so much that I couldn't get a good clean pivot with no catching. I think what makes the difference is it feels so close to barefoot and they are so flexible and responsive that it makes wearing regular shoes feel so stiff and restrictive.
I think I'm going to bit the bullet and buy a pair.;)
I had also noticed that Adidas has thrown their hat in the "minimalist shoe" market by bringing in the AdiPure Trainers, but these are specific to training environments as they are a bit more stiff than Vibrams and don't allow as much flexibility. But having said that, they do state that its for a weight-lifting/gym type environment....might have to go back and try those out before settling. either way, will probably post the results, and if I hate them I can re-sell since the market is hot for them, and get some El Cheapos to do the trick.

Lokhopkuen
02-19-2012, 11:28 PM
goggled it. Love it. Its on my list now......

One of the best shoes ever for gung fu training IMHO:D

Lokhopkuen
02-19-2012, 11:30 PM
I have several pairs of the vibrams but I don't like them for gung fu training. If you like the barefoot style try ALTRA zero drop ADAM! Haven't taken them off since I bought them:D

So I finally got to try a pair of these Vibram 5 Fingers on, tried the KomodoSports, not too bad really. Felt extremely strange at first, but after walking around the store a bit in them I really liked the feeling of being close to barefoot. There was a pair of "indoor sport" ones that are supposed to be restocked next week, the dude said would probably be even better for martial arts stuff. I found them appropriately grippy but not so much that I couldn't get a good clean pivot with no catching. I think what makes the difference is it feels so close to barefoot and they are so flexible and responsive that it makes wearing regular shoes feel so stiff and restrictive.
I think I'm going to bit the bullet and buy a pair.;)
I had also noticed that Adidas has thrown their hat in the "minimalist shoe" market by bringing in the AdiPure Trainers, but these are specific to training environments as they are a bit more stiff than Vibrams and don't allow as much flexibility. But having said that, they do state that its for a weight-lifting/gym type environment....might have to go back and try those out before settling. either way, will probably post the results, and if I hate them I can re-sell since the market is hot for them, and get some El Cheapos to do the trick.

LivingArt
02-25-2012, 02:39 PM
If I wear shoes while training I usually just wear my converse chucks. I got long rabbit feet, so I need somethin that laces all the way up, and I pretty much always have 60/40 weight ratio walking around on the balls of my feet. Other shoes never seem to let my feet grab the ground quite as well.

they usually last me atleast a year, and only really get wear and tear right where my toes bend. Plus you can throw them in the clothes washer/dryer and get them lookin pretty new.

Lebaufist
02-25-2012, 03:25 PM
You all are weak. The baddest man on the planet uses nothing but the best.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/img/b/0/0/15c/e/AAAACwoChT8AAAAAAVzkqQ/mens-zebra-fish-tank-shoes-size-medium-10-11.jpg?v=1307220357000

Straight pimpin'.

White_Ape
02-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Pimp-Fu! I can dig it.:p
Imagine a nice solid side heel kick planted right in the sternum....OOO000ooohhh nice!

ShaolinDan
02-25-2012, 04:15 PM
No good. You'd have to keep replacing the poor fish.

SteveLau
02-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Canvas type sport shoes will do well. Their outer sole is made of raw rubber, which is quite durable. A famous brand that carry such shoe style is Converse. Try to look for one with square or at least round toe shape. Such design is good for the health of our toes, and stability of our foot steps. But sadly, such shoe style is not popular now. Also, ankle heel cut is preferable. Overall, the shoes are often have sufficient protection on the toes and ankle. So you can wear them in contact training. Currently, I wear one without ankle height. It gives me better foot mobility.

KC
Hong Kong

Lebaufist
02-26-2012, 09:21 AM
No good. You'd have to keep replacing the poor fish.

No, this is the 21st century . The heel is made of lexan and the fish is fake.

White_Ape
03-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Alrighty folks,
Finally broke down and decided to get some new 'Fu shoes, and in the end, I was won over by the VFF's KomodoSport LS, felt strange at first but with the quick lace system they were snug as a bug and no sliding. Had my class tonight and wore the VFF's, and might I say, Wow! Loved them. Plenty of grip and yet was still able to pivot like a greased door hinge!
I would definitely recommend these if anyone is curious but wasn't too sure.
But I am partial to being barefoot, and would be 24/7 if the streets weren't so nasty downtown....

A BIONIC LEG
03-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Out of curiosity what VFF did you get?

White_Ape
03-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Out of curiosity what VFF did you get?

Komodosport LS
Hard to find around here, but really diggin' the speed-lace system. Makes for an ultra snug fit. They are ridiculous really. A little pricey, but totally worth it to me.

Lucas
03-15-2012, 09:46 AM
will you let us know the rate of wear after sever months or so? i'm just curious how long the pads on the souls hold up. Looks like a pretty solid design though.

GeneChing
03-15-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm just saying that because 'waffle' is one of my favorite words. Also, I've been breaking in a brand new pair of Asolo hiking boots and they feel great. I could kick through a door with these bad boys. Just imagine what I could to so someone's shins and toes. :D

Does anyone say 'waffle stompers' anymore or am I dating myself? :o

Lucas
03-15-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm just saying that because 'waffle' is one of my favorite words. Also, I've been breaking in a brand new pair of Asolo hiking boots and they feel great. I could kick through a door with these bad boys. Just imagine what I could to so someone's shins and toes. :D

Does anyone say 'waffle stompers' anymore or am I dating myself? :o

http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/29965983/thewafflestompers_marquee_.jpg

Lucas
03-15-2012, 10:22 AM
these boots can stomp the world to dust.

http://www.flyingtigerssurplus.com/images/products/bgCO12255.jpg

GeneChing
03-15-2012, 10:26 AM
http://www.rei.com/zoom/oo/e45c5fab-1790-4483-b434-77340199ca36.jpg/440

These puppies will turn you VFFs into....waffles.

Please pass the maple syrup.

Lucas
03-15-2012, 10:43 AM
dems some serus hikin boots mang

sanjuro_ronin
03-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Jhoes?
JHOES ??? I don't need no stinking JHOES !!!

http://www.fightingarts.com/content04/graphics/toe_kick1-06.jpg

pateticorecords
03-15-2012, 12:13 PM
I like the Puma speed cats, they are comfortable and can take a beating:)
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/d6/a/AAAAAnEGtaYAAAAAANaq7g.jpg?v=1204152770000

Lucas
03-15-2012, 12:14 PM
I like the Puma speed cats, they are comfortable and can take a beating:)
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/d6/a/AAAAAnEGtaYAAAAAANaq7g.jpg?v=1204152770000

oh dems is sexi

pateticorecords
03-15-2012, 12:16 PM
oh dems is sexi

hahaha... never thought of them as sexy... so, now every time I practice I will giggle to myself with the thought...hahahaha

Lucas
03-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Jhoes?
JHOES ??? I don't need no stinking JHOES !!!

http://www.fightingarts.com/content04/graphics/toe_kick1-06.jpg

whats a J-Hoe?

http://i33.tinypic.com/211j782.jpg

Lucas
03-15-2012, 12:22 PM
hahaha... never thought of them as sexy... so, now every time I practice I will giggle to myself with the thought...hahahaha

lol, glad i could help with some humor :P i like the sleak look they have, nice and contained and streamlined.

pateticorecords
03-15-2012, 12:25 PM
lol, glad i could help with some humor :P i like the sleak look they have, nice and contained and streamlined.

Do you need some time alone with the shoes...hehehe... (Kidding of course) :D

Funny thing is that I see that Nike makes some killer looking shoes for the Chinese Wushu teams but you can never find them in the US, what is up with that?

Lucas
03-15-2012, 12:35 PM
oh you dont want me alone with those shoes, it wouldnt be pretty!!:p

sanjuro_ronin
03-15-2012, 12:38 PM
whats a J-Hoe?

http://i33.tinypic.com/211j782.jpg

Jhoes, pronounced "Jews".
Spanish footwear.
:p

Lucas
03-15-2012, 12:39 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Jhoes, pronounced "Jews".
Spanish footwear.
:p
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lucas
03-15-2012, 12:40 PM
okay guys, stop calling that number, the limit has been reached. The hoe is no longer available.

GeneChing
09-04-2013, 01:30 PM
...but worthy of sharing, yes?

Ballerina Wears Knife Shoes to Perform En Pointe (http://www.boredpanda.com/ballerina-with-knife-shoes-performs-en-pointe-javier-perez/)

Ballerinas are often associated with beauty, grace, and elegant human forms. In his video En Puntas (‘On Points’), however, artist Javier Perez has managed to preserve all of these elements while also portraying the dark intensity, dedication and even violence that this graceful art form can represent.

En Puntas features ballerina Amelie Segarra dancing the en pointe ballet technique (in which the performer typically dances on the points of their toes) on the tips of huge, menacing kitchen knives in an empty, darkened theater. She struggles to maintain the grace that we typically expect of ballerinas as the knives scrape and stab ever more violently at the grand piano she’s standing on. Her composure, however, is periodically broken as she lets out a scream of frustration at the intense difficulty of her performance.

Coupled with the dark and empty theater she is performing in, the video makes for anything but light viewing. The intensity, frustration and violence of her performance (literally) on the razor’s edge are a testament to the intense dedication and sometimes physical suffering required of ballet performers.

http://www.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/copyrightWrapper/watermark.php?display=true&image=http://bp.uuuploads.com/en-puntas-ballerina-performs-with-knife-shoes-javier-perez/en-puntas-ballerina-performs-with-knife-shoes-javier-perez-1.jpg
http://www.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/copyrightWrapper/watermark.php?display=true&image=http://bp2.uuuploads.com/en-puntas-ballerina-performs-with-knife-shoes-javier-perez/en-puntas-ballerina-performs-with-knife-shoes-javier-perez-2.jpg
http://www.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/copyrightWrapper/watermark.php?display=true&image=http://bp3.uuuploads.com/en-puntas-ballerina-performs-with-knife-shoes-javier-perez/en-puntas-ballerina-performs-with-knife-shoes-javier-perez-3.jpg
http://www.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/copyrightWrapper/watermark.php?display=true&image=http://bp4.uuuploads.com/en-puntas-ballerina-performs-with-knife-shoes-javier-perez/en-puntas-ballerina-performs-with-knife-shoes-javier-perez-4.jpg
http://www.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/copyrightWrapper/watermark.php?display=true&image=http://bp2.uuuploads.com/en-puntas-ballerina-performs-with-knife-shoes-javier-perez/en-puntas-ballerina-performs-with-knife-shoes-javier-perez-6.jpg
http://www.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/copyrightWrapper/watermark.php?display=true&image=http://bp3.uuuploads.com/en-puntas-ballerina-performs-with-knife-shoes-javier-perez/en-puntas-ballerina-performs-with-knife-shoes-javier-perez-7.jpg
There's a vid too, if you follow the hyperlink above.