lotusleaf
07-28-2001, 04:09 AM
in jumping?

ninja turtle
07-29-2001, 05:52 AM
practice. relax and practice more.

denali
07-30-2001, 12:12 AM
Skipping is a great exercise for building your jumping ability. I used to have a skipping program that was supposed to give you an extra 6 inches in 2 months.. Can't remember what I did with it though. But it was just basically building up to more and more skipping over that time period.

joedoe
07-30-2001, 03:00 AM
Practice your jumping?

You have to work on your quadriceps and your calves for good jumping. You also need to coordinate your whole body movement to maximise your jump. Squats are good for building up leg strength for jumping. You also need strong abs.

See a basketball or volleyball coach. They have some of the best jump training.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Abstract
07-30-2001, 03:46 PM
they help. Also do Leg Extensions & Hamstring Curls..and yes, strong abs help ALOT. they are the springboard for your body. I'm a shade under 5'11" and I USED to be able to dunk like nobody's business...though an ankle injury squashed that a long time ago...but I am speaking from experience, I used to have SERIOUS hops,(i can still jump pretty high, but no dunking.. :( ) and the above is how I did it.

shaolinboxer
07-30-2001, 03:49 PM
I ask a couple guys from the beijing wushu team the same thing, and they said they do a lot of squats and calf raises. Those guys have HUGE legs.