PDA

View Full Version : How not approach...

k gledhill
02-09-2012, 07:56 AM
self-defense, NOT :D

Epic clip (http://www.elrellano.com/videos_online/3321/clases-de-defensa.html)

sanjuro_ronin
02-09-2012, 08:14 AM
self-defense, NOT :D

Epic clip (http://www.elrellano.com/videos_online/3321/clases-de-defensa.html)

That video just showed the truth of RBSD systems, LOL !

WingChunABQ
02-09-2012, 08:22 AM
That was fantastic.

Yoshiyahu
02-09-2012, 08:45 AM
i could not pull up the video!!!

Featherstone
02-09-2012, 09:04 AM
that's going to leave a mark!

LoneTiger108
02-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Ouch! I could see that one coming :D Pity the Army dude couldn't!

Lee Chiang Po
02-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Most likely showing the tall fellow what they had taught him in the army. That is about the extent of what they learn. How to get face wamped.

wingchunIan
02-10-2012, 03:01 AM
wish I could understand what was being said. The move where he reached down for the leg was pure suicide. If anyone can translate the audio, was he offering his hand as a target at the end? or simply taking what he thought was a good ready position?

wingchunIan
02-10-2012, 03:03 AM
That video just showed the truth of RBSD systems, LOL !

not all of them mate. That's like using a single clip to dismiss the whole of wing chun. Not all RBSD systems are equal even if alot of them are dross.

Wayfaring
02-10-2012, 10:55 AM
An appropriate ending to ALL videos demonstrating defense techniques from the you-step-forward-and-punch-me-in-the-face-and-hold-the-pose approach.

Lee Chiang Po
02-10-2012, 12:25 PM
While doing service for my country I trained recruits in combat jiujitsu. It was just a short course in measures of defense against armed and unarmed attack. It comes down to hand to hand combat when both sides run out of ammo I guess. We would use a boxing ring for the training at first, then move outside on the grass. The thing we did was pick someone from the crowd and tell them to get in the ring. You toss him an empty coke bottle and tell him to hit you with it. Some of these guys were already Pi$$ed and looking for an excuse to brain you. I got real lucky and was always able to dodge and toss the fool to the mat and kick the snot out of him. It impressed the guys so that they would pay attention. One of our instructors that I trained would slam these guys around like rag dolls.
When or if your initial move fails, it is very difficult to follow up from that with something else as the guy knows by now not to be stupid with you. You lose that edge so to speak. So when you train a self defense, only train moves that are easy to apply and more likely to work. Nothing fancy or elaborate that takes more than one or two moves to complete. And practice them until you can do them in your sleep.

Savi
02-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Great post Lee Chiang Po