PDA

View Full Version : Yuen Kay San VS. Praying Mantis

Yoshiyahu
02-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Interesting article....what do you think any veracity to it?

http://www.yunhoiwingchun.com/Articles/General/BeimoYuenKaySanversusPrayingMantis/tabid/337/Default.aspx

Runlikehell
02-11-2012, 03:30 AM
Yun Hoi Sifu has earned his reputation.
If he says Sum Nung told him this then it must have happened.

I can't offer any links, but I'm certain I've read about this elsewhere also.

Yoshiyahu
02-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Yun Hoi Sifu has earned his reputation.
If he says Sum Nung told him this then it must have happened.

I can't offer any links, but I'm certain I've read about this elsewhere also.

Okay i found it pretty interesting my self...thanks for your opinion!

Runlikehell
02-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Okay i found it pretty interesting my self...thanks for your opinion!

You are welcome. It is quite an interesting tale.

Yoshiyahu
02-12-2012, 01:34 AM
You are welcome. It is quite an interesting tale.

guess no one else found this thread interesting!

Vajramusti
02-12-2012, 04:43 AM
I liked the story except for as I recall, the unnecessary snide and erroneous comments on Ip man.

joy chaudhuri

Yoshiyahu
02-12-2012, 07:47 PM
I liked the story except for as I recall, the unnecessary snide and erroneous comments on Ip man.

joy chaudhuri

Do you feel the snine and erroneous comments are exaggerated? is it possible that Ip man did duck out on a fight or maybe not really ducked out but had other pressing engagements he needed to attend to!

Phil Redmond
02-12-2012, 08:02 PM
I once read somewhere that Sum Nung was going to or planned to have someone "visit" Yip Man for something he said or did. Has anyone else heard this story?

Yoshiyahu
02-12-2012, 09:09 PM
I once read somewhere that Sum Nung was going to or planned to have someone "visit" Yip Man for something he said or did. Has anyone else heard this story?

i would be interesting in reading that story if someone has website detailing it?

White_Ape
02-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Hey, I thought it was interesting :) I will now have to google the sh*t out of this (because I like to know all different theories, sides, opinions)
Sounds like a plausible situation though

sanjuro_ronin
02-13-2012, 07:09 AM
I always find it facinating how these stories tend to appear after the people involved are gone and can't comment on their veracity or lack there of.

Vajramusti
02-13-2012, 07:31 AM
I always find it facinating how these stories tend to appear after the people involved are gone and can't comment on their veracity or lack there of.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is much to that.

joy chaudhuri

LoneTiger108
02-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Isn't this just a re-vamp of this old gem??

http://www.wingchun.org/txt/misc/blossom3.html

Yoshiyahu
02-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Hey, I thought it was interesting :) I will now have to google the sh*t out of this (because I like to know all different theories, sides, opinions)
Sounds like a plausible situation though

okay mr know it all...lol...

White_Ape
02-13-2012, 12:12 PM
okay mr know it all...lol...

:p:D lol
I am just a curious person and like to hear all the different versions of a story, sometimes helps to sift the BS from it all, but then again, sometimes only makes it more obscure. Nice tale either way, true or not, would make an interesting scene for a movie hahaha

Yoshiyahu
02-13-2012, 12:26 PM
:p:D lol
I am just a curious person and like to hear all the different versions of a story, sometimes helps to sift the BS from it all, but then again, sometimes only makes it more obscure. Nice tale either way, true or not, would make an interesting scene for a movie hahaha

True that...i feel you...stories can be intriquing!