PDA

View Full Version : Help: Height

SomeGuy
07-17-2001, 07:38 AM
Ok so basically, Im a short dude. I hate it. I wanna get tall. Are there any tips or suggestions anyone can give me in order to help me get taller? Is there any kind of diet or any diet tips or suggestions that I can follow in order to help me get taller? Also are there any specific exercises or stretches or meditations or chi kung exercises that can help me get taller? What in Kung Fu if anything that can help me get taller? (btw I practice Hung Gar is there anything there that can help me get taller?)

Thanks

David
07-17-2001, 11:59 AM
Coffee as a kid made me tall.

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
-- Hong Kong Phooey

TjD
07-17-2001, 02:59 PM
if you wish to get taller, attach feet to ceiling and hang upside down

first week 1 hr
2nd week 2 hr
keep increasing until you can spend a whole day (24 hrs) upside down without head exploding from blood rush

continue hanging for a few weeks and you might be an inch higher

if not, try steriods; or just hope you grow some more

actually in all seriousness
if your still a teenager, you keep growing until your in your 20s... if not you just have to deal with it ;) height isnt all that important anyhow; except from a pure vanity standpoint

travis

if you never get into a fight,
you can never be defeated,
if you can never be defeated,
you are invincible

Kumkuat
07-17-2001, 07:01 PM
Yeah, break you leg bones, pull them apart a few centimeters, and boom! new bone gets filled in the gap your made and you're a few centimeters taller.

jade_lotus
07-17-2001, 08:45 PM
You made me think of one of my instructors... it took me 8 months to realize he was 2 inches shorter than me because he carries himself so well and has such solid understanding of the art.

Dancers have known for centuries how to affect their appearance on by the way they carry themselves.

Just remember that power is projected by confidence, not by height.

The best way to win a fight is not to be there in the first place.

SomeGuy
07-17-2001, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the replies. I still hate being short tho. I've noticed so far it doesn't help too much in the girl department. I definitely can't pull off the cute teddy bear thing. I think I might actually try that hanging upside down thing anyway. I always wanted to get gravity boots it's really relaxing to hang upside down and I heard it's actually good for your heart circulation or something, I dunno my uncle has those things n they're really cool.

lowsweep
07-18-2001, 02:46 AM
hanging upside down will make you taller. I know people that have tried this and have been very successful, gaining more than 2 inches of height. you should be careful not to hurt your joints though, their used to being pushed on, not pulled on. Good luck!

Take the pebble
from my hand

TofuMaster
07-19-2001, 02:16 AM
SomeGuy,
There is a surgical procedure that will make you about 2-3 inches taller. The procedure involves lengthening the femure by cutting it. The 2 halves are then held together by a metal rod leaving a 1/4 inch gap with bio sponge filing to allow the bone and marrow to grow. This also keeps the blood supply flowing. Depending on how fast your bone and marrow grow, this procedure has to be repeated several time to achieve the desired height.

Its probably expensive, and very painful. Not worth the trouble.

Plus, kung-fu was invented by short people anyway. Though there may be northern style founders who are tall. In any event, look at a tall guy perform a set and look at a short guy performing the same set, both having equal skill and ability, I guarantee the short guy looks much better.