PDA

View Full Version : gym tunes

SevenStar
07-31-2001, 06:02 AM
What type of music do you listen to while working out? I listen to anything high energy - rap, alternative, metal...

-SevenStar©
Step right up and get it -- whoever wants [defeat]
Come not between the dragon and his wrath...

Lost_Disciple
07-31-2001, 06:28 AM
At the rec center (gym) at my school, they play a MTV like college music TV station. It's usually a mix of pop, alternative/rock, techno, and the occasional R&B tune. It works out great until they start playing 'N Sync- there's nothing more testosterone draining than that crap. I usually have to take a walk while it plays or risk dropping a weight on my head. :D

wufupaul
07-31-2001, 06:33 AM
I listen to punk, it gets me moving and it is hard to keep up to the fast beat. It has lots of energy and melody to keep me going.

"Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Anarcho
07-31-2001, 09:08 AM
What punk bands are you into?

Lost_Disciple
07-31-2001, 09:17 AM
I like punk too.
Fav' band's the misfits.
One time my buddy and I did like 30 minutes (not continuous) listening to the Dropkick Murphy's.

I dig a ton of punk stuff:
Op Ivy, Rancid, Blink 182, Green Day, US Bombs, UK subs, pennywise, the Vandals, pistols, social distortion, Minor threat, the clash, Face to face, etc etc etc.

I also like rap like:
DMX, WuTang (everyone in kung fu needs them hehe), Nelly, NWA, Luniz, beastie boyz, kid rock (well not quite rap), limp bizkit (ditto), eminem, Run DMC, etc etc.

Danzig's good for working out too- the rhythm's perfect for lifting.

I don't know about you guys, but for me, the music I listen to in the car on the way to the gym is more important than what I hear when I'm working out. Maybe I'm just focused like that.

BAI HE
07-31-2001, 02:30 PM
Face to Face (the best for sure), Rancid, Wu-Tang, NOFX, Dag Nasty, Descendents, Squirrelbait, Social D, Helmet,
Machinehead, Clash, Big Drill Car (early), Quicksand.

Chang Style Novice
07-31-2001, 04:15 PM
Nothing - it distracts me from paying attention to breath.

wufupaul
07-31-2001, 05:21 PM
When I work out, I usually listen to stuff like Strung Out, Lagwagon, Good Riddance, 88 Fingers Louie. I dig most of the punk bands listed above^, too. Allright, so how many of you guys train in the pit at shows? I don't really train, I just have fun, but, it is good for getting used to being hit, and good for getting used to crowds and multiple attackers.

"Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Sharky
07-31-2001, 05:45 PM
hip hop.

how come there is this new wave of these rock cats who are into hip hop? the skater dudes are trying to take over the world, i'm tellin you...

Edd

My anus is superior™

Lost_Disciple
07-31-2001, 11:53 PM
wuhupaul
I'm in lubbock I don't go to shows.

Sharky
Do you think there ever woulda been a platinum selling rap artist if "****y" white suburbia weren't buying their albums? Doubt it. Tons of us have been listening to rap since Run DMC and Beastie Boys crashed through our quaint little televisions on MTV. Personally I got back into rap after checking out the first Wu Tang album (3 or 4 years after it came out); and realizing that I owned every movie they sampled.

BAI HE
08-01-2001, 12:32 AM
Then came back. Hip-Hop was a fledgling style when I was growing up. I can still walk over to my closet and pull out the 12" vinyl versions of
M.C. Shan's "Down by law", all B.D.P., Audio two, Big Daddy Kane and yes Afrikka Bambatta and the Soul Sonic force !2" of "Renegades of Funk."
....Then Rap sucked for a long time. except for N.W.A, P.E., Schooly-D etc.
Thw Wu brought me back to the fold as well.

Early Hardcore, Punk and skate was my mainstay, but hell, rap at the time dealt with the same social unrest and gave it a new beat and a different name. It was so different when it broke, beats with perspective.

FOR WORKING OUT: FACE TO FACE/WU-TANG ARE MY TWO FAVES.

At 31, you're never to old to kick it. If I ever become like my Father and cop out to Billy Joel and Dan Fogelberg, you are all invited to come and kill me using any discipline or weapon.

Sharky
08-01-2001, 01:43 AM
i never dissed white kids man, and i never said that there would be platinum selling rappers without white kids buying the music.

My anus is superior™

Losttrak
08-01-2001, 01:57 AM
Its all about Hip Hop and techno. Hip Hop has the angst and edge it takes to get ready to put the smack down. Metal was always too fast, alternative can be really depressing. Hip Hop has the strong beat and attitude that suits my spirit when I am about to compete.

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

Lost_Disciple
08-01-2001, 03:04 AM
Sharky
Maybe I misunderstood what you meant by "Rock Catz". My point was that rap has a history of crossing over. I personnally think rap and rock have a lot more in common than either are willing to admit. Historically I think they both branch off of blues in somewhat different directions. Ideology wise both are aggressive music, with witty/funny lyrics, and interesting beats (punk fast, rap slower). I know you probably meant it as a joke and I'm sorry to jump all over you. Just thought I could selfishly take some time and try to make a point. :)

SevenStar
08-01-2001, 08:44 AM
You remember audio two? i listened to them all the time. what about kurtis blow, whodini, slick rick and grandmaster flash? to this day, i still listen to slick rick's "children's story" and some stuff by dana dane. there were two girls back then that kicked a§§ - sweet t. and roxanne shontay.

-SevenStar©

BAI HE
08-01-2001, 01:01 PM
That takes me way back!
Who did "Egypt, Egypt"? Remember that one?

There are 8 million stories in a naked city!

Abstract
08-01-2001, 03:18 PM
Milk is CHILLIN-Giz is CHILLIN! what more can I say, TOP BILLIN!! HAAA!! yea yeaaaa! that was my joint back in the day...SevenStar & Bai He know wut i'm talkin' bout! Bai He: you left hip hop for awhile? why? man--in the midst of the groups you mentioned, like around 87' The Jungle Brothers dropped, then De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Brand Nubian, KMD...they held it down for YEARS...they started the whole afrocentric movement in hiphop, like 87'--93 or 94'...You listen to any of them? they're still doin' their thing to this day, w/the exception of De La, they're all underground...Tribe broke up..the DJ from KMD got hit by a car in 91'...so that was that....

ANYWAYS..to answer the post. They play alot of rock, and it sorta gets on my nerves...The only rock I like is The Doors, Yes & Led Zeppelin. And I really just chill to that, can't work out to it.

BAI HE
08-01-2001, 04:20 PM
"So stop starin' an looking hard, I got a great big bodyguard."

I got into De La Soul plenty, I saw them drop it at Umass's commencement many moons ago. They were AWESOME. I liked Tribe too. I suppose I just rocked out for awhile.
http://www.humor.nl/funnypics/045.jpg

BAI HE
08-01-2001, 04:22 PM
about EPMD. Those guys blew it up when the started out.

Eric B. and Rakim!!!!! Those guys were straight booty.

Sharky
08-01-2001, 05:07 PM
BAI HE, that is SUCH an english picture :)

My anus is superior™

Abstract
08-01-2001, 05:19 PM
LMAO!! that pic is nuts!! lol!!

yea Tribe & DeLa are my faves...met those guys so many times that in the past when they saw me they're like, wutup, give me dap & keep walking...I think they're sick of seeing me....

hey yo, Eric B & Rakim were the illest..Ask anyone here in NYC who's been into hiphop from Day 1, they call Rakim 'The God'-seriously, that's his name in all 5 boroughs...He may be the most influential rapper of all time, it's between him & KRS-1. No diss, but ppl who don't live in NYC don't usually like him much, you have to have grown up in the TriState area to have the same outlook & angst the come from living here... but yea, if you like Tribe & DeLa, check out Black Star. ;)

BAI HE
08-01-2001, 05:34 PM
I'll check them out. Do you remember an old Beastie Boys joint called "Hard Rock?"
They rap to AC/DC'S back in black hook.
I CAN'T FIND THAT SINGLE ANYWHERE!!!!

http://www.humor.nl/funnypics/051.jpg

SevenStar
08-02-2001, 03:43 AM
Egyptian lover did Egypt,Egypt. Man, I still listen to the Quest. I feel rakim and krs-1 too. I grew up in VA - that was about all we listened to. I still remember when I found out scott la rock got killed. Of course, I listen to the Wu. 36 chambers is the joint. Any of you remember Just-Ice?

-SevenStar©

Lost_Disciple
08-02-2001, 04:29 AM
Eric B and Rakim are a painful memory for me, alongside Too Short and EPMD.
See, I was supposed to trade my Ton Loc, the D.O.C., and one other tape for tapes of those 3 bands. The jerk took off with my 3 tapes and never showed up with the tapes of the others. That mighta been about the time I stopped listening to rap, or maybe when MC Hammer came out with 2 Legit.... tough call...

*Humming Luniz "I got five on it"*

Olethros
08-02-2001, 04:31 AM
"Hip Hop has the angst and edge it takes to get ready to put the smack down. Metal was always too fast, alternative can be really depressing."
Hip Hop has angst? Yeah that Puff Daddy is real angry.
Metal is too fast? Well, I usually listen to old Metallica. Of course you say Metal is too fast, but you include techno, with it's milion BPM.

Sharky
08-02-2001, 05:16 AM
No diss, but ppl who don't live in NYC don't usually like him much, you have to have grown up in the TriState area to have the same outlook & angst the come from living here... "

This is true.

My anus is superior™

SevenStar
08-02-2001, 10:19 AM
"**** my enemies
**** my foes
**** these hoes
You stepping on my toes
Back up off me
Take your hands off me
Give me room to breath
I'm not hearing it
I'm not fearing it
I'm up to my ears in it
Bull****
I'm destructive
Some women find that seductive..."

"I can't let you go
I can't forget it
Why you did it
I won't permit it
I wanna quit it
I wanna fight you
I ****n' bite you
Can't stand nobody like you
You can't run
You can't hide
No surprise
Close your eyes"

that was by P-diddy. he has some semi hard lyrics, so he was a bad example for you to use.

-SevenStar©

SevenStar
08-02-2001, 10:20 AM
anyone here listen to ras kass? he's a lyrical genius.

-SevenStar©

Abstract
08-02-2001, 04:12 PM
he is party music, and that's bout it. It's good if you're at a club, dancing & politickin', but otherwise, he is booty.

TRUE hiphop does cover all angles, hard, introspective, conscious, upbeat, party vibe, etc...but there is a fine line between a biscuit & a dope M.C.---Puffy crossed that line A LOOOONG time ago. Like I said, you wanna dance, Puff is fine, but don't use him as your exapmle when talking about a 'real' MC. His lyrics are easy to swallow & that's why he's so POPular...I have better lyrics than him. seriously...

SevenStar, Rass Kass is dope. I can't buy any of his stuff, but if someone played it, I wouldn't complain. I have a hard time giving MC's out of NYC props. They gotta be exceptional. West Coast cats/groups I like enuough to spend my ca on:
The Pharcyde/ Del/ Heiroglyphics Crew/ Dilated Peoples(so-so)...thas' bout it i think...
Eveyone else I like is from NYC, or at least this area. :)

Chang Style Novice
08-02-2001, 07:01 PM
Abstract, you really need to start checking for the Project Blowdians...Freestyle Fellowship, Abstract Trybe Unique, Haiku D'Etat, The A-Team, not to mention all the solo cats from those groups...AceyAlone, Mikah 9, P.E.A.C.E., many, MANY more...

And straight outta Watts, too.

Plus, you gotta feel the dirty south with Outkast, Goodie Mob, K-Otix,

I'm just saying.

Sharky
08-02-2001, 09:41 PM
Go here:

http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=126197291&f=340190991&m=445 1917252&p=17 (http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=126197291&f=340190991&m=4451917252&p=17)

...for your amusement...

My anus is superior™

[This message was edited by Sharky on 08-03-01 at 12:59 PM.]

dwid
08-02-2001, 09:59 PM
I was wondering when somebody was going to bring up the Project Blowed Stuff and Dilated Peoples. Those guys are incredible. Here are some other suggestions: DeadPrez has some pretty hardcore stuff going on. Wu Tang's Killa Bees "The Swarm" is one of my favorite hip hop albums ever. Gang Starr is still some good stuff, as well as Guru's side project Jazzmatazz, but not really appropriate to train to. The Fugees "Blunted on Reality" is great.

Abstract
08-02-2001, 10:17 PM
u from Ohio? do u listen to Talib Kweli & DJ HiTek? Tek is f/Cinnci, OH. Those two are 1/2 of Black Star, the other half is Mos Def...Mos & Talib are from BK(Brooklyn)...they're carryin' the torch for real hiphop STRONG...yea I think the Fugees are overrated, Lauryn is good, but Pras & Wyclef are a couple of sellouts..Gangstarr is da illest..I've always loved those two. Guru has an ill flow & DJ Premier is one of the BeSt DJ alive, he can do it all. My fav Gangstarr LP is 'Step in the Arena'..like, 25 tracks & they're ALL good, nothing wack on there....

Chang: I've heard those guys, I wasn't too impressed. U gotta understand my position, I grew up in the borough where HipHop started. The Bronx. So unless it's something that really hits me, I won't buy it. Listen to it, of course, I give anyone a fair shake, but buy, nah. ;)

Chang Style Novice
08-03-2001, 01:03 AM
Abstract -

I feel ya. KRS is the true G.O.A.T., no doubt. Too bad his last album was wack.

Big L? Not bad, but nothing that special. He gets props he doesn't deserve 'cause of where he's from and how he left. You know, like 2pac.

Sharky
08-03-2001, 11:48 AM
what big l songs have you actually heard? have you listened thoroughly to his lyrics? sorry but krs's lyrics are wack... sorry. great flow and style but lyrics, while they undoubtedly have meaning can't touch the likes of canibus or big l.

wack is too harsh a word. but imho ppl like guru and krs (who has the best voice ever) rely too much on their style and voice than their lyrics.

as guru once said about emceeing: "90% of it is just the voice"

Big L R.I.P. Tupac WAS wack though. Biggie was cool. I'm gettin into masta ace too lately. Have u heard the diss he made for high n mightly? Last lyrics are "you know this is hard sh!t to follow, and you can't spit so u obviously must swallow".

Anyways peace.

ps - sorry i do like krs, and what i said was well too harsh - but i just like others more!

Edd

My anus is superior™

Sharky
08-03-2001, 11:49 AM
wyclef is ****in PANTS. have u heard that "she ain't a ho" song - what the FECK is that about eh?

blackstar are wicked.

My anus is superior™

Chang Style Novice
08-03-2001, 02:01 PM
'What Big L songs have you actually heard?'

Both albums, numerous guest appearances. The first time I heard him was when I got Diamond's "Stunts Blunts and Hiphop" back in '91 or '92.

Overall Big L and Canibus have nice battle skills but that's all - they're just another couple of MCs. Good delivery, decent battle skills but nothing and I mean nothing more. KRS invented whole schools of MCing and has laced us with some of the deepest thoughts in all of rap. If KRS isn't the greatest, then it's Rakim or Chuck, who have the same honors going for them. It's like the difference between Nas at the time of Illmatic and Nas now. One's a genius, the other is a dude who can rap pretty well.

For greatest MC at this very moment, I'd have to give it to J-Live, AceyAlone, Andre3000, somebody like that. Somebody who's saying something and says it with style. Style alone is not enough.

Anyway, if you want to continue in this debate come and see me in The Cipher Remix (http://worldcrossing.com/WebX?14@214.mZuObqyEB1r^2@.eeca2bd) a general hiphop thread that recently moved to Worldcrossing when TableTalk went pay-to-post. There's not many posts yet, but that will change soon as the migration starts. (TT goes ptp Monday.) There's a lot of knowledge over there, and the conversation is about three years old already, with contributors from all over the world. I use the handle Austin 'm.f.' over there.

And if you want to avoid flame wars, don't say anything about "Oochie Wally" being dope.:p

SevenStar
08-03-2001, 08:36 PM
Canibus? W.A.C.K.

Abstract, I agree on the puffy thing. I was posting that to show some of the "anger" he puts in his rhymes. Someone said he never used any.
Since I grew up in VA, I gotta bring up Mad Skillz. Anybody here listen to him?

The Swarm is aiight. I've heard better though. I wanna hear something dope from the Wu again. 36 chambers was the illest, but since then, they haven't been all that. Cuban links was the joint. Immobilarity was aiight. I like anything by method man. Revolution was okay. GZA's last cd was wack. Inspectah deck's cd was wack too. Ghost's stuff is so so.

-SevenStar©
Come not between the dragon and his wrath..

Losttrak
08-03-2001, 08:59 PM
Metal just never really made we wanna put the smack down. It burnt me out fast. Techno while pretty **** chaotic seems to make me a little more feral than metal. Maybe I am just out of my mind. Props to all you metal-listeners out there. =)

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

Sharky
08-03-2001, 11:19 PM
beatswise canibus ain't been gettin much love. but his lyrics are unmatchable (nearly) by most rappers. he needs to do some stuf with primo. what is it about him exactly that u don't like?

My anus is superior™

Chang Style Novice
08-03-2001, 11:48 PM
I told you already. He's got nothing to say except "Canibus is dope" and "I sure wish I was as popular as LL Cool J"

dwid
08-05-2001, 02:50 PM
I gotta agree with Chang Style Novice here.

If you've got nothing to say, it doesn't much matter to me how well you say it. Aceyalone is so cool because he raps about some crazy stuff, and does it really well. As much as I like Dilated Peoples, sometimes I get tired of the fact that almost all their raps are about how great Dilated Peoples are. Still, rappers need both style and content. To quote Dilated Peoples: "I don't care how good you write, or look, MC's without a voice should write a book."

Abstract
08-05-2001, 03:34 PM
cat was dope, man...yea, Canibus is a battle MC, nothing more, honestly he gets NO respect here. His production always sucks, & his lyrics are repetitious, he's a wack version of LL, who is wack all by himself.--though I thought when those 2 had that battle that Canibus ripped his arse... Lyrically, right now? Mos Def & Talib Kweli are holdin it down for me. Check this:

2000 Seasons, by Talib Kweli:

I'm not a human being gettin' on a spiritual tip
my spirit shall be manifested as a human that's it
when I spit I spray thoughts that representin' my life,
yo I step in tha spotlight leavin' heads open like mics--
Take you on a tour explore psychology is tha raw,
things you can't imagine if you never seen 'em before,
shorty's come back raw straight after C74,
I welcome them back to a world they think is run by law,
the world is run by men who use laws as tools,
but I come through war tactics like Shaka Zulu,
MC's are soft like playdough, I shape 'em,
smash 'em to pieces,
Volunteer slaves cravin the words I'm paintin,
the masterpieces
You hear 'em on the radio babblin'-
but the truth is travelin' with the word I send flyin' through the air like a javelin-
Unravelin' like a verdict--
Poundin' in ya chest like a gavelin the highest court in Bablyon, let's travel on--
If the world is foul & you think foul is how you got to live, then from the get go you @ss is foul, and foul, is just how you is!
No excuses see life's dilemma's are set up like a mirror,
Just to show you all your faces now your understandin' is clearer,
You had your chance-revolution-you let it pass you by,
That's why I'm DISSIN wack MC's until the day that I die,
Reflection, gettin' you high we stand on ground with the believers..
THe leanin' tower of Pisa, and the Pyramids of Ghyza?!
NO Comparison!!
THe way I flip it is Embarrassin'!
Tis the season, ain't no carolin'....

That's the 1st verse, and yo, that cut is from 1996. He's gotten BETTER....

;)

Abstract
08-05-2001, 03:55 PM
You said that Guru relies on his voice, well, here's some lyrics from 10 years ago, which blows canibus & Big L out tha water...

Step in the Arena, Gangstarr, 1st verse; 1991:

Once you step in the Arena, cheater,
you gonna be a--mazed when you gaze at the armour on this meter
fully glad & clad to fight a cause I won't pause
Fear is JOKE slow poke, I'm like claws that'll rip--'cause your gift, is merely flesh,
superficial & I wish you, would give it a rest-
'cause if you don't, I'll unsheath my Excalibur, just like a like noble knight,
so meet your challenger
A true hero
while you're a true zero
gettin' beat to a pulp
so that can't run for help
I heard a gulp in your throat
cuz you hope, that I'd be merciful
WHAT Klu Kluk?! I saw you strut
while I rehearse a few
battle drills
and watch your bladder spill
yellow fluid
check how I mellowly do it
face this beat to defeat
you can tell I'm into it,
As I'm pullin' out my lance to-
kill you in advance
where the wind is thrown--
Cause I OWN you
once you step in the arena...

Guru has some ill stuff, man, pick that LP up if you can find it Sharky, the whole thing is good, it's a classic. Big L & Canibus, in all honesty, are average here. I personally know cats who cannot get record deals here, but they're all better than those two. Alot of it is who you know, and what you're willing to do(i.e. sellout sometimes)to get signed. A & R reps want you to change things that you worked your arse off to achieve. Some cats won't do it, so they don't get signed. So they drop independantly on the underground & blow up, but unfortuneatly, ppl outside of NY/NJ/Southern Ct never hear of them for obvious reasons: no money to promote themselves on a nation/international scale, that, + the whole NY mentality thing I mentioned in an earlier post....

:) ;)

Sharky
08-06-2001, 02:04 AM
i'm a big fan a guru man, don't get me wrong. i disagree about big l and canibus, but hey, it's up to you man... i guess if you think they are wack then you ain't gonna be feelin me too much. i'm a battle rapper. i'm thinkin of enterin the uk live freestyle champoinships but i dunno if i'm upto that standard yet.

what do you think of bumpy knuckes, masta ace, phil da agony, nas, mobb deep?

i like blackstar and the stuff mos and talib do on their own as well.

its definately about who you know. i nearly (ohhh god, so nearly) got signed, but the whole ****in thing fell through :( the guy was just a dick, makin out he was feelin me, wouldn't leave me, keeps buggin me and askin for my number, then never ****in gets back to me - even after i've called him. twat.

i cut off my ties with thtat dude and now i ain't got any contacts. Altho i got a phone call two days ago about this dude who knows a cat and he wants me to go n rhyme wit him... dunno if he means just goto his house or goto a studio or what... i should fone him back i guess!

I'm happy at the moment, just buildin up my lyrics "database". At uni, i'm gonna get my own radio show apparently, so maybe i can get somewhere with that....

Bah gotta leave this post half baked - gotta go bye!

Peace

My anus is superior™

SevenStar
08-06-2001, 06:48 AM
Nas is tight. Another I like is AZ. You don't hear too much from him anymore it seems tho.

"You hear 'em on the radio babblin'-
but the truth is travelin' with the word I send flyin' through the air like a javelin-"

Why does that sound familiar to me?

-SevenStar©

diego
08-06-2001, 08:17 AM
but the truth is travelin' with the word I send flyin' through the air like a javelin-"

the worlds full of idiots
WHAT ARE YOU AN IDIOT
ILLITERATE STUPID INGNORANT MOTHER??????? WALKN ROUND INCONSIDERATE?????

NAH HIPHOPSZ IN YOUR HEART RIGHT HERE SO THROW YOUR MOTHERUKN HANDS INTHEA AIIRRR!!!!!!!!!

SHARKY YOU EVER battle online to up your wordplay?? ifso lets do this

i got the place
if u a$$ I GOT THE HATERS

buddy who wrote hes feelin hiero
they some of my favourites BUT U MUST INSPECT SAAFIR HE TOOK THE WHOLE CRU OUT

IF YOU WANT TO TRAIN GET HIS SECOND JOINT "THE HIT LIST""

CHECK OUT 'A DOG&HIS MASTER.......

NOW YOU HOES WITH DICKS THAT THINK YOU THE
remove the s-h
CUZ
she-it
you a slave toya BIATCH
ON SOME
dont worry il save you type

IM STRAIGHT HATIN ON YOU UKN TRIX

DONT UK AROUND & GET SOMETHIN CUTE WITH HAIR THATS CURLY
if she said to jump youd be in mikal jordans jersey

afog n his master soon part
u walkn round the ghetto earth with ballons for heart........

Sharky
08-06-2001, 09:43 PM
before you go down that road sevenstar, i ain't got any talib kweli stuff, i got a few early blackstar songs and that's it. i didn't bite it. try and think of all the words that rhymes with babblin and you won't get many new ones. basically.... i didn't bite that line(s).

anyways yea i used to battle on line but i get a bit bored by it cos it doesn't "get" you anywhere if u know what i mean! i used to go to a site i can't remember the name of - i check out www.freestyling.com (http://www.freestyling.com) occationally, but i always forget my pass. I'll check out that website man.

Laters

My anus is superior™

Sharky
08-06-2001, 09:46 PM
altho diego, i have to admit i didn't understand any of your post... i'm sure your intentions were good

My anus is superior™

Chang Style Novice
08-07-2001, 12:52 AM
Please, let's keep our tenses correct. Nas WAS tight. Don't make me post the lyrics to Oochie Wally...

diego
08-07-2001, 05:50 AM
but the truth is travelin' with the word I send flyin' through the air like a javelin-"CANIBUS??
the worlds full of idiots
WHAT ARE YOU AN IDIOT
ILLITERATE STUPID INGNORANT MOTHER??????? WALKN ROUND INCONSIDERATE?????RASSKASS""

NAH HIPHOPSZ IN YOUR HEART RIGHT HERE SO THROW YOUR MOTHERUKN HANDS INTHEA AIIRRR!!!!!!!!!RUK FROM BUCTOWN

ALL THE SAME SONG ON THE RHYME&REASON SOUNCTRACK

SHARK IMA CHECK THAT

ALL YOU THO FOR GOOD HIPHOP INFO

CHECK OUT DAVEYD.COM

DUDES GOT INTERVIEWS FROM LIKE 88 HES ALL DISRESPECTN EASY......PEEP

SHARK GO INTO THE FORUM with krs's picture i post under dice or die

alota kids is ***its but its good cuz u can script things u normally wouldnt on stage

just up your writtens uno

saafir from hobo-junction was supposed to battle hiero crew2crew

but saafir took they whole camp out back in 95

Chang Style Novice
08-09-2001, 02:23 AM
Since we got some heiro fans in the mix, thought I'd let you know.

Pep Love's album Ascension is pure bangin'! #2 of the year, behind AceyAlone (although I haven't heard the Cannibal Ox record yet.)

And for the record, Hit List is Saafir's third record. His second is called Trigonometry and came out in '98 on Ichiban. If you got Boxcar Sessions, you don't really need it. Plus, he can't freestyle - he uses writtens in battle. Still, they're dope writtens.

Sharky
08-09-2001, 06:23 AM
pep love, yea he's cool. if you seen souls of mischief live, you will see he has mad freestyle skillz (the whole heiro crew were there).

Edd

My anus is superior™

SevenStar
08-09-2001, 06:28 AM
All MCs prolly have a song there ashamed of. Oochie Wally is his, no doubt...

-SevenStar©

SevenStar
08-09-2001, 06:29 AM
Saafir? ****, does he still rap?

-SevenStar©

Rory
08-09-2001, 06:47 AM
The wong fei hong theme song

diego
08-12-2001, 10:11 AM
what makes you say he cant free

i got a mixmastermike video and they tweakin in his carport studio

saafirs holding a drum machine roolin some stuff
and mmm the triplem terrorist is cutn saafir starts talkn about nerfs then starts jabbrn about sponges

hes a sik freestylist

altough with the voice i could listn to him go aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and id buy the joint.

a good album for a long training session is that soul2soul album with the keep on movin single thats wikket for training long bagwork sessions or revamping your sets...

Chang Style Novice
08-13-2001, 01:18 AM
diego -

I've heard Saafir bust 'freestyles' that were verses from his albums. That's been a while ago, though, so he may have stepped up his game some.

Sharky -

Saafir does still rap. Believe it or not, his supergroup with Ras Kass and Xzibit (now called "Golden State") is supposed to put out an album soon.

Repulsive Monkey
08-14-2001, 03:03 PM
Fave tracks:

"Scum Rookies Cafe" by Drag-Racing Underground
"Stigmata" - Ministry
"The Ring" - Tarnation
"Adverse Curves" - Aspects (In fact their whole Correct English L.P.)
Anything by The Fall, naturally!
And just to be current and all, and let you lot from the US know that you can produce amazing music The White Stripes and The Strokes.
There thats it, ...oh and of course Kyoko my mates band.

diego
08-14-2001, 04:35 PM
az has a new album coming out same with master ace
my boys buddys doing production on the 1
KIRKT or something like that.....

GOTO swatmusic.net or nyhiphop.com

SHARKY you should cop the swat site they got inline production teams

they got thirstin howl3 royce 5'9
more i cant remember,GO....

dwid
08-14-2001, 06:01 PM
Good call, the White Stripes are incredible. I'm amazed somebody else on here has heard of them. It's too bad when such a great band gets so little exposure.

Water Dragon
08-14-2001, 10:44 PM
Hardcore
Wu Chronicles II
Tony Touch
DMX
Eminem
Scarface

Mellow
Talib Kwelli & Hi-Tek
The Beatnutz
Biggies

Most actions of men can be explained by observing a pack of dogs. Not wild dogs, just neighborhood dogs who all scurry under the fence on the same night and set off together to reclaim a glimmer of the glory their species possessed before domestication.

SevenStar
08-15-2001, 07:38 AM
Scarface. nuff said.

I haven't heard much by royce tha 5'9 - when bad meets evil, and one or two other tracks.

-SevenStar©

diego
08-15-2001, 09:27 AM
ITS THA LAST OF THIS MAHUKN BREED

7* YOU GRAB THAT, I BOUGHT IT LIKE A YEAR AGO
WITH A WHOLE SLEW OF ALBUMS FOR LIKE A 5 MONTH PERIOD,I LISTENED TO THE SCARFACE LIKE 5 TIMES;BASICALLY SLEPT ON IT...

LISTEN TO IT NOW AND LOOK AT THE PRODUCTION
it should have come out like next month
the musical soundscapes is crazy

like my ear was deaf to hit till i tript off b.o.b.
outcast

face should have dropt that now not then the top 40 wasnt ready for that.....

he should be dropping another album soon
cant remember the title
its heavily based on the fbi ****n with him.

Sharky
08-16-2001, 12:44 AM
sevenstar u musta heard 'boom'?

My anus is superior™

diego
08-16-2001, 07:42 AM
shark who you feelin on your side of the toilet... give me some mp3 links to any local cats???etc.

SevenStar
08-19-2001, 08:08 AM
what about the ladies in the game? For me, back in the day, it was sweet t, mc lyte and latifah. Nowadays, Gangsta Boo - she's from my city - gotta support her, plus alot of her rhymes are tight, harriet thugman and maybe trina. I heard a tight track by tha five footaz too, but haven't heard them enough to judge.

-ShortySeven©

diego
08-20-2001, 03:09 PM
that one with krs from like 89-91??
tight,youno who im feelin especially that icecube put2gether "cant play wit my yo-yo"YOYO.dope

Water Dragon
08-20-2001, 10:49 PM
I'm disappointed in you. No mention of Foxy Brown?

Most actions of men can be explained by observing a pack of dogs. Not wild dogs, just neighborhood dogs who all scurry under the fence on the same night and set off together to reclaim a glimmer of the glory their species possessed before domestication.

Abstract
08-20-2001, 11:29 PM
Rah Digga--STRAIGHT NYC to tha core, reminds me of early MC Lyte
Jane Doe
Shorty No Mass
Lil' Kim & Foxy have skills, but to be honest, they truly get on my nerves.

can't think of anyone else right now..i'm leavin work!
;)

SevenStar
08-21-2001, 07:36 AM
"Lil' Kim & Foxy have skills, but to be honest, they truly get on my nerves."

I gotta agree on that. That's why I didn't mention them.

-ShortySeven©

diego
08-21-2001, 06:51 PM
YOU KNOW WHATS SIK IS boss!!!

Sharky
08-21-2001, 06:58 PM
my side of the pond? Jesus, we got nuff talent boomin over here man. Try and get some Karl Hinds, i like him man, rodney p (london posse - around since the 80's), ty and black twang (did a joint with kweli recently), roots manuva (did joint with tuna fish from j5 recently) and i really did a group called Phi Life Cypher - ill lyricists, to say the least. My inspiration. Their album "millenium metaphors" is great.

Then theirs always me :D

Edd

================================================== =
The battle started with a grapple, he had real long hair so a grabbed a hand full, and chopped 'em in the Adams-apple, his partner in back of you tried to attack you, so I'ma twist 'em up like a pret-zel then I'ma tag you/I can't believe he wanna grapple again, I swung 'em around like I was dancing wit 'em, put his arms in back of his head and snapped 'em again, I fractured his limbs and put em in the figure-"6 subtracted from 10"...

Sharky
08-21-2001, 07:06 PM
and the three main uk female emcees are wildflower, estelle and er... can't remember the other one (sorry!). There are more wicked uk hip hop acts i can name - out da ville, skinnyman (and the M.U.D fam (mad under dogs)), 57th dynasty (wicked at best, but inconsistant) and social misfits.

So much raw talent, at an event called battlescars at the subterrania, the emcee's battlin were so amazin man; i'm hopin to enter that next year. All this talent with no outlet :( It's gettin better though.

Then there's all those producers who got american artists suckin their dicks atm. Good **** comin out of the uk.

The battle started with a grapple, he had real long hair so a grabbed a hand full, and chopped 'em in the Adams-apple, his partner in back of you tried to attack you, so I'ma twist 'em up like a pret-zel then I'ma tag you/I can't believe he wanna grapple again, I swung 'em around like I was dancing wit 'em, put his arms in back of his head and snapped 'em again, I fractured his limbs and put em in the figure-"6 subtracted from 10"...

Sharky
08-22-2001, 01:25 PM
seven, you know that babblin javelin unravellin etc thing? Just heard canibus do it in TWO songs i downloaded (one is uni-4-orm) and i think the other is lost a c.

He says summat like "while you babblin i'm travilin to hit you in the abdomen like a javelin" or something - nearly exactly like mine. thing is, i DID think of it myself, and now i can't say it, ever, or people will think i'm bitin.

I better erase that lyric from my repetoire :(

Abstract
08-22-2001, 03:10 PM
If anyone bit the line, it was Canibus who bit it off Kweli, seeing as how those lyrics are from 1996 that I posted. Plus the fact that Kweli's lyrics are loosely based on the book '2000 Seasons' by Ayi Kwei Armah, a Ghanain novelist & poet, he just applies it's thought process to the state of Hip Hop & the African American community in his track.

http://www.britannica.com/frm_redir.jsp?query=armah,+ayi+kwei&redir=ht tp://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/armah.htm (http://www.britannica.com/frm_redir.jsp?query=armah,+ayi+kwei&redir=http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/armah.htm)

;)

Sharky
08-22-2001, 03:24 PM
good link man, i love learnin bout that kinda isht

Water Dragon
08-22-2001, 03:32 PM
Kweli's the !!!

Any Tony Touch fans out there on the East Coast?

Abstract
08-22-2001, 04:56 PM
yea man, me too. Feed the mind & the inspiration will follow. Not too mention being in NYC is a source of inspiration all it's own. AS the sayin goes, there's 8 million stories in the city...I read ALOT, anything that will stimulate my thought process for emceein'... :cool:

SevenStar
08-23-2001, 07:15 AM
I believe you kid. I just saw the similarities and was curious.

-ShortySeven©

Sharky
08-23-2001, 01:24 PM
Thanks man.

Abstract - i'd love to visit NY one day - maybe ever get mugged, who knows?! Lets live in hope.

SevenStar
08-24-2001, 03:34 PM
You ain't lyin.... my friend's car was broken into her first day in NY... It was actually like her first hour. She got out of the car to do something - can't remember what - but when she came back to the car, all of her sh!t was gone.

-ShortySeven©

marycatherine
09-02-2001, 05:12 PM
I love punk, never thought of working out to it. Usually we listen to Rammstein and that kind of stuff to get things flowin'...the heavy crunchy guitars and fast beat really keeps things lively!!!!!
MaryCatherine Gallagher