PDA

View Full Version : Rotator Cuff Exercises

Kumkuat
07-30-2001, 10:38 PM
Anyone know any good rotator cuff exercises to strengthen them? These shoulder submissions are killing me especially a day after when they're real sore. Thanks.

prana
07-31-2001, 03:57 AM
hard to explain, especially with MY english skills.

I try...

1. Put a chair parallel height and to the side of you shoulder. Hold a VERY light weight, perhaps 2kgs to start off with. Keep your elbow in an L shape.

You should look like you are lifting weights, except your elbow is resting on the chair. Now you slowly move the weight to the front and up.

The trick, the one that exercises your rotator cuffs, is to keep your shoulder down and never allow it to lift up. Put your other hand on your shoulder initially to keep it in check.

If you do it right, it will burn VERY quickly. If you do it wrong, you will be wondering what the hell this lunatic is writting about. No pain whatsoever.

2. Hold again LIGHT weights in front of you (parallel) and arms in an L shape. Rotate the weights out and in rotating the shoulders. I do not know how to explain this.... :(

Bleah !!!!

the trick is though to practise FORM as the rotator cuff muscles are small. Also, use light weights as you really arent trying to increase its MAXIMUM power, but its ability to keep your shoulder in the socket whilst you are USING the LARGER muscles.

hmmmmmmmm I tried to xplain...sorry it was such a bad job.