PDA

View Full Version : Lung Ying Grand Master Lam Chan Gwong has passed away

Southern Fist
02-20-2012, 11:35 PM
It is with great sorrow that the last living son of Lung Ying Si Tai Gung Lam Yiu Gwai Grand Master Lam Chan Gwong has passed away.
Our condolences go out to the Lam Family, the Lung Ying Community worldwide for this great loss.

Runlikehell
02-21-2012, 01:15 AM
My condolences to the Lam family, and all Lung Ying practitioners.

Ao Qin
03-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Hello fellow Dragoners,

My condolences to those who knew Master Lam.

I am wondering if Master Lam Chan Kwong taught the Art differently than his brother did? Were there some key differences? I've been practicing the Art for 20+ years, but Master Lam kept a very low profile, and I rarely heard about him or his students. Is there anyone on this forum who could share any stories or give some insight into his Art /Style?

Cheers - kevin

LaterthanNever
03-07-2012, 07:56 PM
My condolences to you and your martial family Southernfist! :(

Thank you for your fine articles recently on Mok Ga kicks as well as the Tiger fork techniques.

Regards,
LTN

Southern Fist
03-08-2012, 08:49 PM
LaterthanNever:

Thank You.

Ao Qin:

In my opinion all Lung Ying practitioners will do techniques and the sets slightly different. My Lung Ying lineage comes from Cheuih Yiu Chung, Yip Ho Sing, Lam Jun Wai and Lam Moon Gwong.
My Sifu Steve Martin mentioned each have taught him slightly different approach to the style.
But, each of these sifu's kept the principles and methods the same.
I only have met Sigung Lam Chan Gong's students in Hong Kong when the Lung Ying Athletic Association meets every year.

Since he was a private man, I have only seen some of his students play the sets.

Peter Pena

Ao Qin
03-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi Peter, thanks for responding.

I have seen the differences but I've always chalked them up to how knowlegable and experienced the practitioner is. I did Sup Luk Dong far differently 25 years ago than I do know!

Did Lam Chan Gong have a seperate association, or was he part of the Dragon Sign Athletic Association? Everything I know comes from CF and CKT lineage (Dragon Sign).

Cheers - kevin