PDA

View Full Version : WC techniques in Sparring

Yoshiyahu
02-25-2012, 01:03 AM
Not alot but some of the fighters actually use techniques like Tan, Bong and Bil while they spar as well as stop kicks...I love the aggression.

This is how a street fight will be won!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XYSCEwCPaw

Alan Orr
02-25-2012, 03:55 AM
Not alot but some of the fighters actually use techniques like Tan, Bong and Bil while they spar as well as stop kicks...I love the aggression.

This is how a street fight will be won!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XYSCEwCPaw

I don't see this as skilled fighting. That's why all you see the school boy head lock all the time. This is an example of what happens when a wing chun school with no fight training spar with their own guys with head guards - they just throw punches and the weaker guy holds on and takes the beating. That's not skilled fighters or great training in my opinion.

Its good that they are having a go, but for me they need to learn how to learn from it. MMA guys would laugh at this. It doesn't help the view of wing chun to others.

Yoshiyahu
02-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Well Yes and No...Some of them had more techniques than others...But again this are beginners who probably only have sil lim tau and chum kiu.

in the streets much of you see in MMA wont be applicable in the streets. The averge guy will be trying to do the same things to you these WC people are doing in the video...Worst thing is you have no time to roll. Move or dance around because you might get hit in the back of the head by one his buddies if you move the wrong way.

I don't see this as skilled fighting. That's why all you see the school boy head lock all the time. This is an example of what happens when a wing chun school with no fight training spar with their own guys with head guards - they just throw punches and the weaker guy holds on and takes the beating. That's not skilled fighters or great training in my opinion.

Its good that they are having a go, but for me they need to learn how to learn from it. MMA guys would laugh at this. It doesn't help the view of wing chun to others.

Alan Orr
02-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Well Yes and No...Some of them had more techniques than others...But again this are beginners who probably only have sil lim tau and chum kiu.

in the streets much of you see in MMA wont be applicable in the streets. The averge guy will be trying to do the same things to you these WC people are doing in the video...Worst thing is you have no time to roll. Move or dance around because you might get hit in the back of the head by one his buddies if you move the wrong way.

Well beginners are not the best example to use.

You should maybe try hard sparing or even a controlled bare fist round with a good (not beginner) MMA guy. I think a the conditioning and mental training for mma as well as well rounded application of skill is a very good base for the street. MMA guys do know which application are better for the cage or street. This whole idea doesn't make any sense to me at all. Now add in his friends? Its a whole different debate again.

In the street you punch a guy a few times then control him with a pinning position or a submission - sounds like mma to me or could be very skilled wing chun ... not just beginners milling.

Chadderz
02-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Well first of all those guys get props for going at it. You have to fight like that to get an idea of what violence is.

As for the "MMA wouldn't work in the street" stuff, don't go there dude. I know it works. As aggressive as those guys were, I wouldn't have too much trouble with them. That's not in a negative way, it's just because I know VERY well how to escape something as childish as a headlock :p

Alan Orr
02-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Well first of all those guys get props for going at it. You have to fight like that to get an idea of what violence is.

As for the "MMA wouldn't work in the street" stuff, don't go there dude. I know it works. As aggressive as those guys were, I wouldn't have too much trouble with them. That's not in a negative way, it's just because I know VERY well how to escape something as childish as a headlock :p

100% agree.

Niersun
02-27-2012, 11:46 PM
in the streets much of you see in MMA wont be applicable in the streets.

You should give up martial arts or give up your instructor. I hope you are not teaching anyone about fighting because your not qualified.

jeetsao
02-28-2012, 04:26 AM
The head gear offers enough safety that defense goes out the window and they just brawl. This does little to improve skill.

LoneTiger108
02-28-2012, 07:19 AM
...Some of them had more techniques than others...But again this are beginners who probably only have sil lim tau and chum kiu.

Yoshi are you kidding? :confused: Beginners having SLT and CK??

I only watch the first minute or so because, much like the other NHB example posted a few days ago, I find this sort of thing a complete waste of everyones time. There is absolutely NO evidence of any CK understanding at all imho and this sort of idea, that you can learn these forms and be able to fight, is just ridiculous when you look at the hard evidence.

Alan was spot on describing this sort of thing as 'schoolboy' stuff because it all belongs in a playground ;)

Really? And that is what you want to expose this level of student to? Martial Arts is undisciplined violence? Man, at least have 'some' level of control in your red-outs!! :eek:

mjw
02-28-2012, 09:53 AM
good aggression with a bunch of chain punching, a little boxing and clinch work but not high level at all. Yes those head locks have to go they were holding on to them even to the point where they were useless. If they keep sparring like this along with training and drills they should improve in time definitely better than just living only in the world of chi sao for development of a fighter IMO

Chadderz
02-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Really? And that is what you want to expose this level of student to? Martial Arts is undisciplined violence? Man, at least have 'some' level of control in your red-outs!! :eek:

Not on a regular basis, hell, not even once a month. I suppose violence was the wrong word, I really just meant something like "experience what being punched feels like". Haha, sorry about that ^^

Yoshiyahu
02-29-2012, 02:36 PM
MJW thanks for your opinion...Those start sparring on the ground floor will learn how to make WC work sooner because they are actually already fighting...

WC is a system of fighting...it gives you the tools to fight but sparring and fighting are two different animals...

The video clips may have some limited protection but it is not sparring it is really men getting together an sluigging it out like they would in the streets...The More skilled opponent wins...

good aggression with a bunch of chain punching, a little boxing and clinch work but not high level at all. Yes those head locks have to go they were holding on to them even to the point where they were useless. If they keep sparring like this along with training and drills they should improve in time definitely better than just living only in the world of chi sao for development of a fighter IMO

Well rehersed drills, chi sau and form practicing is find and dandy. But when you fight in the street. Not spar in your kwoon or even compete in the cage or octogon but when you spar in the street the whole dynamic is different. I rather have that school boy fighting skill coupled with wing chun tools than be some sports fighter with alot of competitons won...Season street fighters have an advantage over MA practicioners who most of their fighting is done in the kwoon or competitions. The difference is the street fighter is more skilled at using tools that you normally hold back in competitions. The more you practiced or utilize something the better at it you become! As for CK. Well in fighting you wont be able utilize all of given form. But the method of using forward energy which you learn in CK is applied in the fighting these young men are doing...

Theres a drastic difference between fighting and sparring.

Yoshi are you kidding? :confused: Beginners having SLT and CK??

I only watch the first minute or so because, much like the other NHB example posted a few days ago, I find this sort of thing a complete waste of everyones time. There is absolutely NO evidence of any CK understanding at all imho and this sort of idea, that you can learn these forms and be able to fight, is just ridiculous when you look at the hard evidence.

Alan was spot on describing this sort of thing as 'schoolboy' stuff because it all belongs in a playground ;)

Niersun your my only student buddy. Now i need you to do 10,000 palm strikes in the air towards the bird in the tree...once you have developed the chi to kill the bird just by waving your hand I can begin to teach you the deeper things of wing chun.

You should give up martial arts or give up your instructor. I hope you are not teaching anyone about fighting because your not qualified.

Hard sparring and controlled bare fist is just that...a controlled setting. What I see is people fighting not sparring. Doing what comes naturally coupled with wing chun. In a street fight you dont have time to set up techniques an follow all the rules, principles or theories...you do what ever works. If a person has long hair Im gonna grab your hair and pull it. If your open in the groin Im going to lift kick you in the nuts. If a person covers as I chain punch im going to grab your neck and pull you down...if you fall on the ground Im going to stomp you while your down. That is fighting not sparring...When i punch my main target is your nose...Eyes and mouth are secondary targets. I wanna make you leak when I chain punch you. I wanna bust or break your nose and make your mouth bleed.

Well beginners are not the best example to use.

You should maybe try hard sparing or even a controlled bare fist round with a good (not beginner) MMA guy. I think a the conditioning and mental training for mma as well as well rounded application of skill is a very good base for the street. MMA guys do know which application are better for the cage or street. This whole idea doesn't make any sense to me at all. Now add in his friends? Its a whole different debate again.

In the street you punch a guy a few times then control him with a pinning position or a submission - sounds like mma to me or could be very skilled wing chun ... not just beginners milling.

Im simply saying the average MMA guy who bulk of fighting comes against other MMA guys or martial artist wont always fare well against a seasoned fighter. Now maybe some drunkard in a club...But a guy who has been fighting all his life. he is harden thug, drug dealer and killer. Who has actually killed men with his bare hands will be more adept at fighting in the streets in an non-controlled setting MMA guy. The average MMA guy would get mauled in the street for instance...

if you were in my hood an started trying to take down a buddy of mines. While your standing up I would hit you with a brick, rock or bottle in the back of the head. If you go down to ground trying submit or break my buddies arm. Im going to kick your head and face once your in the dominate posistion. So go to ground if you want too. We lie and wait for idiots to do that. On the ground you cant run when we jump. Also We fight dirty. We bite, claw, and kick the groin as well as squeeze it to make you release while your getting hit in back by some timerland boots.

MMA guy who has Muay Thai and BJJ back ground usually would get mauled in the streets. Through High kick if you want to eventually even an novice will catch your kick.

Chadderz
02-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Im simply saying the average MMA guy who bulk of fighting comes against other MMA guys or martial artist wont always fare well against a seasoned fighter. Now maybe some drunkard in a club...But a guy who has been fighting all his life. he is harden thug, drug dealer and killer. Who has actually killed men with his bare hands will be more adept at fighting in the streets in an non-controlled setting MMA guy. The average MMA guy would get mauled in the street for instance...

if you were in my hood an started trying to take down a buddy of mines. While your standing up I would hit you with a brick, rock or bottle in the back of the head. If you go down to ground trying submit or break my buddies arm. Im going to kick your head and face once your in the dominate posistion. So go to ground if you want too. We lie and wait for idiots to do that. On the ground you cant run when we jump. Also We fight dirty. We bite, claw, and kick the groin as well as squeeze it to make you release while your getting hit in back by some timerland boots.

MMA guy who has Muay Thai and BJJ back ground usually would get mauled in the streets. Through High kick if you want to eventually even an novice will catch your kick.

Oh God. I don't know where to begin, I honestly think you're trolling me.

I'll answer this as seriously as I can though, 'cause I'm a nice guy:

Firstly, I am not fighting more than one person if I am alone. That would just be stupid. I'm also not going to the ground in any street fight. That would also be a very stupid thing to do.

As for fighting dirty, do you honestly think I wouldn't fight dirty in a street fight? Of course I would! I would be fishhooking and face-barring and all that cool stuff.

Now the part that annoyed me most about your post, is thinking that professional fighters (MMA Fighters, Boxers, Kickboxers, Judo players) are for some reason inferior to some guy who has never learned to fight? WHAT? What kind of logic is that?!

Seriously, go and take a month in an MMA gym, come back, and tell me they don't train good. Come back, and tell us all how you could school anybody there. Please.

JPinAZ
02-29-2012, 03:19 PM

What's scary is Yoshi actually believes all the krap he's saying.
Welcome to Yoshi's Fantasy Land and enjoy the ride.... ;)

JPinAZ
02-29-2012, 03:27 PM

Hahaha, so you're saying you live in an area that has known murders just walking free on the streets and killing people with their bare hands on a regular basis.... rrriiiigggghhhtttt... Where do you live, Fantasy Island? Ok Tattoo..

And you really expect people to take you seriously after posting garbage like this?? :rolleyes:

Vajramusti
02-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Hahaha, so you're saying you live in an area that has known murders just walking free on the streets and killing people with their bare hands on a regular basis.... rrriiiigggghhhtttt... Where do you live, Fantasy Island? Ok Tattoo..

And you really expect people to take you seriously after posting garbage like this?? :rolleyes:
---------------------------------------------
I try not to read Yoshiyahu's posts but where he apparently lives- St Louis appears to have been ranked #1 in the US on crime rates in 2010. Phoenix was 135,

joy chaudhuri

Yoshiyahu
02-29-2012, 04:09 PM
AS for killers...Some of my friends from my old neighborhood were infact killers...One guy who did a bid for murder with AK-47. Also One of my deceased uncles who was ex-army officer had fights on the streets where ended people. My other uncle would talk about how he killed people with his bare hands...An i know people from North Saint Louis where my brother lives who were known as Murders.

Fantasy my city was ranked #3 in murder.

What's scary is Yoshi actually believes all the krap he's saying.
Welcome to Yoshi's Fantasy Land and enjoy the ride.... ;)

JPinAZ
02-29-2012, 05:03 PM
AS for killers...Some of my friends from my old neighborhood were infact killers...One guy who did a bid for murder with AK-47. Also One of my deceased uncles who was ex-army officer had fights on the streets where ended people. My other uncle would talk about how he killed people with his bare hands...An i know people from North Saint Louis where my brother lives who were known as Murders.

Hahaha, man, you're making my day! I needed a good laugh

ok, so you have friends that 'contract killers' and family members are all admitted 'bare handed murders'... Is your last name Manson?
And I'm sure the people they 'murdered' were all MMA guys right, and that's how you know that MMA wouldn't work against them on the street? You are such an f'g idiot.
I bet next thing you'll saying is your buddy stan has killed people too with his deadly punches...

Fantasy my city was ranked #3 in murder.

Oh, you should be soo proud... :rolleyes:

JPinAZ
02-29-2012, 05:11 PM
---------------------------------------------
I try not to read Yoshiyahu's posts but where he apparently lives- St Louis appears to have been ranked #1 in the US on crime rates in 2010. Phoenix was 135,

joy chaudhuri

So? Has nothing to do with his claims of MMA not being effective against common street thugs.
I grew up in Detroit which has made the top ranks for so many years it's embarrasing. Doesn't mean that now, because of some ranking my home-town has, I also have the 'street cred' to claim with conviction that any street thug can beat any MMA guy toe-to-toe with no weapons involved.
Oh wait, he did mention bottles and bricks and even AK-47's... I don't know what the he11 he's talking about... :rolleyes:

Yoshiyahu
02-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Ha ha...that made me laugh...my point is no one goes looking to fight more than one person. it just happens. I had one buddy who does wing chun. When were in highschool he would pick fights with people. Sometimes I might be about four or five of us. But usually he picked fights with Crips at our school. Now when the guy was talking his trash back getting ready to knuckle up. Others and myself would be standing close by but not really close enough to be noticed or seem as threat. So we could slip behind the guy and rock him.

So in a street fight its not like your gonna be in a bruce lee movie an some six sense thats gonna stop four or five guys.

as for going to ground. Well my buddy was a wrestler. he may sweep you to the ground. if you try to gain the dominate posistion to escape or what ever there you go. There were times I had to go to the ground to stop from being slamed on it by a bigger guy. So what im saying is if you going with MMA mentality it wont work. You need a street fighter anything goes and i dont care how bad i hurt the other guy mentaility...

I'll answer this as seriously as I can though, 'cause I'm a nice guy:

Firstly, I am not fighting more than one person if I am alone. That would just be stupid. I'm also not going to the ground in any street fight. That would also be a very stupid thing to do.

As for fighting dirty, do you honestly think I wouldn't fight dirty in a street fight? Of course I would! I would be fishhooking and face-barring and all that cool stuff.

Now the part that annoyed me most about your post, is thinking that professional fighters (MMA Fighters, Boxers, Kickboxers, Judo players) are for some reason inferior to some guy who has never learned to fight? WHAT? What kind of logic is that?!

Seriously, go and take a month in an MMA gym, come back, and tell me they don't train good. Come back, and tell us all how you could school anybody there. Please.

Yoshiyahu
02-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Well i know guys who are murders yes...some of them are still incarcerated. i got a cousin who has been in prison since 1998 for double murder. I got two uncles who are deceased now who were known to have been extremely violent in their younger years. Of course they were old men when they told me of all the dirt they did as young man.

I went to school with people who committed murders. One guy in one my classes was murdered by friend of mines. One minute I was hanging with one guy..a month later he was locked up for murder.

No contract killers...sorry just thugs, gangstas and criminals where im from...

Thats why I got into wing chun in high school in the first place. To fight in the street!

Second im not saying any street thug can beat a trained mma guy. Im saying a seasoned street thug who has had numerous fights...an in certain parts of STL they have boxing Gyms in the Ghettos. So alot of Quasi Thugs frequent their in youth. So they would have some boxing training...But their skill comes from testing it against others in the street!

Hahaha, man, you're making my day! I needed a good laugh

ok, so you have friends that 'contract killers' and family members are all admitted 'bare handed murders'... Is your last name Manson?
And I'm sure the people they 'murdered' were all MMA guys right, and that's how you know that MMA wouldn't work against them on the street? You are such an f'g idiot.
I bet next thing you'll saying is your buddy stan has killed people too with his deadly punches...

Oh, you should be soo proud... :rolleyes:

So? Has nothing to do with his claims of MMA not being effective against common street thugs.
I grew up in Detroit which has made the top ranks for so many years it's embarrasing. Doesn't mean that now, because of some ranking my home-town has, I also have the 'street cred' to claim with conviction that any street thug can beat any MMA guy toe-to-toe with no weapons involved.
Oh wait, he did mention bottles and bricks and even AK-47's... I don't know what the he11 he's talking about... :rolleyes:

GlennR
02-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Well i know guys who are murders yes...some of them are still incarcerated. i got a cousin who has been in prison since 1998 for double murder. I got two uncles who are deceased now who were known to have been extremely violent in their younger years. Of course they were old men when they told me of all the dirt they did as young man.

I went to school with people who committed murders. One guy in one my classes was murdered by friend of mines. One minute I was hanging with one guy..a month later he was locked up for murder.

Thats why I got into wing chun in high school in the first place. To fight in the street!

Second im not saying any street thug can beat a trained mma guy. Im saying a seasoned street thug who has had numerous fights...an in certain parts of STL they have boxing Gyms in the Ghettos. So alot of Quasi Thugs frequent their in youth. So they would have some boxing training...But their skill comes from testing it against others in the street!

Do you have to put !!!!!!!!! on the end of every sentence?

JPinAZ
03-01-2012, 10:46 AM

Actually, that is kinda what you were saying. But hey, should be very easy to prove your theory then. Go into one of the good MMA gyms in your area and prove how your street skillz compare to what they are doing.. Dont' even need to record it for us, just tell us how it went. Just try to refraim from murdering everybody ;)

jesper
03-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Actually, that is kinda what you were saying. But hey, should be very easy to prove your theory then. Go into one of the good MMA gyms in your area and prove how your street skillz compare to what they are doing.. Dont' even need to record it for us, just tell us how it went. Just try to refraim from murdering everybody ;)

think what yoshi is getting at is that fighting in a cage is a whole different ballgame then fighting someone you know will kill you if you loose. its not a matter of if you have the right technics or not.

Yoshiyahu
03-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes i do...i like to be over dramatic...

Do you have to put !!!!!!!!! on the end of every sentence?

I personally dont have street skillz. Thats why I always wanted to learn Gung Fu. So I could fight. I learn martial arts because i was not very street wise and adept to hood instinct. I know some guys who are all hood an very good fighters.

Lol...i dont murder people my friend. I never been in a gang nor have ever been a thug...I know people who have some of which are still in prison today!!!

Ne way...im waiting on you to come to my city so i can see how i fare against you!

Chadderz
03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Yes i do...i like to be over dramatic...

I personally dont have street skillz. Thats why I always wanted to learn Gung Fu. So I could fight. I learn martial arts because i was not very street wise and adept to hood instinct. I know some guys who are all hood an very good fighters.

Lol...i dont murder people my friend. I never been in a gang nor have ever been a thug...I know people who have some of which are still in prison today!!!

Ne way...im waiting on you to come to my city so i can see how i fare against you!

I'd take that bet.

free2flow
03-01-2012, 08:25 PM
think what yoshi is getting at is that fighting in a cage is a whole different ballgame then fighting someone you know will kill you if you loose. its not a matter of if you have the right technics or not.

yes, he is. thanks for pointing it out, jesper.

Jubei1
03-01-2012, 08:32 PM
haha using your ghetto card again Yoshi?..sigh.. ok lets try it again. Just because you are raised in a low income community doesnt make you tough or a good fighter. You yourself admit that you took martial arts so you can obtain said skill. Just because you may know some people who are jail and others who are "bare handed murderers" doesnt make you a bad man by association.

Chadderz has a point. Do you think you are a better fighter now with the "martial arts knowledge" that you have obtained? If yes then how can you say someone who is untrained but "seasoned" can handle a person who has been training and sparring for years and has been "seasoned" in competition. Do you really think thugs are the only people who know the "ultra secret street fighting techniques" of hair pulling, nut kicking, biting and eye poking? I believe the term is self preservation and you would be amazed at what people are willing to do to go back home to their family.

The type of violence you allude to with all the bricks, bottles, rolling 10 deep and being strapped is pretty stupid to mention in a martial arts forum. Name me one martial arts you think that can handle the situations that you describe? Let me guess, if someone squeezes an AK at you, you would angle out then taan da the bullet? from the outside gate of course.

How can you talk about knowing all these bad men and doing all this dirt then post a clip of people with little to no skill wrasslin? they were using headlocks just to hold on FFS

Anyways Yoshi, for a bad man from the hood you sure do post alot. Shouldnt you be huggin the block flipping birds or something? I'm just sayin.

wingchunIan
03-02-2012, 01:55 AM
yoshi, take one of the yellow pills and lie down mate. I'm not in the same camp as some who seem to think MMA is the be all an end all or that wing chun should look like kick boxing, but to slate styles that train under real pressure and that contain some seriously hard dudes is laughable. As a reality check your drug dealing psycho would almost certainly carry a gun and only baddies in films beat people to death with their bare hands on a regular basis, but if this bad boy was really walking around then lets be honest he'd be too much for most people of any style to handle including WC

Chadderz
03-02-2012, 03:32 AM
yoshi, take one of the yellow pills and lie down mate. I'm not in the same camp as some who seem to think MMA is the be all an end all or that wing chun should look like kick boxing, but to slate styles that train under real pressure and that contain some seriously hard dudes is laughable. As a reality check your drug dealing psycho would almost certainly carry a gun and only baddies in films beat people to death with their bare hands on a regular basis, but if this bad boy was really walking around then lets be honest he'd be too much for most people of any style to handle including WC

To be fair man, it's not the be-all end-all. Yoshi brought it up first. I train in BJJ, Silat, JKD and Muay Thai. Silat is hardly a regular part of MMA :p

Frost
03-02-2012, 03:55 AM
So you live in a bad neighbourhood, don’t have street skills or street smarts, and decided learning wing chun would be a good idea and a way to level the playing field….well that certainly proves your level of smarts that’s for sure:eek:

And by the way some of the MMA crowd I know would make your street thugs look like angles… I know one instructor who survived an assassination attempt which involved multiple knifes…..and some of those guys were never seen again…..another known for having guns laying around his house just in case (has since found god and calmed down a bit)
And why why why is it always the MMA guy in these hypothetical situations who is alone, and for some unknown reason decides to forgo his striking and clinch drills and take it to to ground and get stomped on (the throwing high kicks and getting taken down one is new to m…and shows how special you are) …most MMA guys I know have well friends who also do combat sports and who they normally hang withand have the aggression and willingness to do real damage to anyone, and the conditioning and ability to do this, with or without makeshift weapons…..

Dragonzbane76
03-02-2012, 04:45 AM
Wow a tread that turned into a mma vs. The "realz" didnt see that one coming. Seriously how the fuk do people spout these hypothetical situations and believe the garbage themselves. Reality=person and dicated by situation. There is no set in stone basis for street and not everyone is going to act the same in situations. Let it go....

JPinAZ
03-02-2012, 11:37 AM

MAke up your **** mind. First you give the 'oh so deadly internet challenge' (what a joke) on another thread a month ago, which you quickly backed out of not even a full day after you made it for me to come see you and stan. At that point you said I should just go see stan. Now you want to meet me again?? :rolleyes: Are you smoking something again or what?

Yeah, the top thing on my list of priorities:
- Buy a plane ticket and fly half way across the country to meet some brain-dead nobody wanna-be who can't remember what he's said from day-to-day so I can spar with him and his a55-clown buddy stan, even when he (yoshi) couldn't even make it over to a local guy's gym (Terrance) after he (yoshi) was the one that issued the challenge in the first place. What was the excuse that time? oh yeah, "uh, I don't have the $5-10 for the matt fee.."
Yeah hold on, I'll be right there... :rolleyes:

Niersun
03-02-2012, 01:52 PM
is it just me, but each time i read a thread by Yoshiyahu i feel like slapping my forehead.

sanjuro_ronin
03-02-2012, 02:17 PM
is it just me, but each time i read a thread by Yoshiyahu i feel like slapping my forehead.

Not just you...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hYJkXle_FJg/TsMtyvOrgbI/AAAAAAAAAuQ/NnVScJp4K2Y/s1600/godzilla_facepalm.jpg

k gledhill
03-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Not just you...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hYJkXle_FJg/TsMtyvOrgbI/AAAAAAAAAuQ/NnVScJp4K2Y/s1600/godzilla_facepalm.jpg

:D:D We are all there as one, I feel :D

wtxs
03-02-2012, 02:49 PM

Say it man, you are a bad a$$ closet killer. Being predisposed to the influence of murderous friends and family blood line and all that.

However, I don't think you have the heart or intention of really hurt or kill another human being. With that said, you do have the ability to talk people to death without realizing it, this forum is littered with dead bodies. :p

EternalSpring
03-02-2012, 08:23 PM
So what im saying is if you going with MMA mentality it wont work. You need a street fighter anything goes and i dont care how bad i hurt the other guy mentaility...

Dude, I think the problem is that you make it sound as if people who fight in a ring abide by the rules of the ring everywhere they go. What exactly is an "MMA Mentality?" You think people who participate in combat sports go looking for a pair of gloves to put on when a fight goes down? Do they yell "stop" and look for a ref? If not, I dont know why you'd think a person who competes in combat sports is incapable of fighting with an "anything goes" mentality out of the ring.

In my experience, people who train combat sports are nice and friendly as hell in the gym and such because they understand that they're not fighting or sparring a person out of malice but to train. Take away that "sportsmanship" mentality and you end up with some pretty scary dudes who can do damage.

bennyvt
03-03-2012, 03:53 AM
Did I read it wrong but did you say your mate used to fight members of the crips and you would guy them from behind. Even in Australia that would work once. Until their mates found you and in this case shot holes in you.

Dragonzbane76
03-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Dude, I think the problem is that you make it sound as if people who fight in a ring abide by the rules of the ring everywhere they go. What exactly is an "MMA Mentality?" You think people who participate in combat sports go looking for a pair of gloves to put on when a fight goes down? Do they yell "stop" and look for a ref? If not, I dont know why you'd think a person who competes in combat sports is incapable of fighting with an "anything goes" mentality out of the ring.

thank you!

Yoshiyahu
03-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Im enjoying this thread...sorry been gone for awhile...

Seeing as im the one on every ones mind...im glad to be back...

Now as for what i wrote about crips and what not...thats in my teen years in high school...when were first testing out the WC..ne way i believe that post was for one of the first mates who started talking to me...

But i stand my statment...

"MMA fighters can not beat all street fighters"

What that means is there are some tough cookies out there who even MMA champs wouldnt stand a chance against...

As for street fighters and thugs. Alot of them have some martial training...too name a few

-Tae Kwon Do
-Karate
-Boxing
-Kempo
-Hung Gar

These are some of the fighting disciplines I know of from thugs and common people in the hood. Most of thugs were either in karate or boxing but some of them branched out into kung fu since there were some kung fu schools near the city...

ne way i digress.

I in no way said that MMA or any art wont work against an average or mediorce fighter. Its just funny to me that MMA guys think they Art is better than WC, Boxing, Or even street fighting...

Because a very good street fighter would make mince meat out of the best MMA guy out there. Ne way. Im not saying all I am saying there are some guys out there...Who are very formidable. An your Ground and Pound stand up game aint enough!

As for Ring mentality.

You excel in what you readily train the most!

You have people who practice sports karate with point fighting and those who train old school karate with no point fighting but combat techniques and sparring....

The one with more experience and training in a given area is more tested and tried than other...

If there was a fight in the streets the one who has the most experience of not holding back has the advantage! Especially if he is a natural fighter!

Niersun
03-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Because a very good street fighter would make mince meat out of the best MMA guy out there. Ne way. Im not saying all I am saying there are some guys out there...Who are very formidable. An your Ground and Pound stand up game aint enough!

The one with more experience and training in a given area is more tested and tried than other...

If there was a fight in the streets the one who has the most experience of not holding back has the advantage! Especially if he is a natural fighter!

You are 5TUPID! Please just read through the forum for tips and information and stop posting as if you have some sort of experience, when we all know you dont. Wake up to your self dude, your not fooling anyone.

Yoshiyahu
03-10-2012, 03:04 PM
You are 5TUPID! Please just read through the forum for tips and information and stop posting as if you have some sort of experience, when we all know you dont. Wake up to your self dude, your not fooling anyone.

Well great...your stupid too for taking the time tell someone stupid how stupid they are...thanks for your wasted post!

Chadderz
03-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I think Nick Diaz would school just about any guy in a street fight. I'm not even a big fan, but he can whoop ass.

Frost
03-10-2012, 04:34 PM
I think Nick Diaz would school just about any guy in a street fight. I'm not even a big fan, but he can whoop ass.

Lee Murray destroy most too lol

Syn7
03-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Ahh the Lee Murray story. The Brit fighters claim to fame. All in all it was a pretty simplistic heist and they never actually stood any chance of actually getting away with it. Took em like what? two days to make arrests? And then there was that unbelievable retarded woman who tried to deposit like 12 Grand that was still wrapped in the Original binders. How dumb do you have to be to hand out money with TONBRIDGE written on the band? This wasn't a smart crime, it was a ballsy crime. They prolly got the idea from TV or movies, that's how dumb these guys were. With a handful of crazy *******s with AK's and Skorpions, one can do alot of damage. But getting away is the most important aspect of property crime. The whole point is to get away clean. These cats wouldn't have known clean if they had soap up their asses.

Honestly, the nurses who ran for the blood should have just went for lunch after he was shanked. Dude is a serious waste of skin.

He can sure fight tho. The Rivera sub was tight. And going rounds with Silva is no joke. But Dirkson sure put a hurt on that kid. Gotta love first round subs when everything is still dry and somewhat sticky. Even if it was a tourney style event.