PDA

View Full Version : STAN LEE and the new york comic book market place.

doug maverick
02-26-2012, 02:49 PM
short blurp on a small comic con happening in new york on march 31st with special guest of honor stan lee...if you are in new york and want to come down, preregister its only 10 bucks...15 at the door.. and best part you get to meet stan lee at an intimate setting in the heart of new york

STAN LEE AT NY COMIC BOOK MARKETPLACE MARCH 31
Posted by captainbigapple 27 minutes ago (No URL)
Price range: $10.01 to $15 | Dates: march 31
STAN LEE AT NY COMIC BOOK MARKETPLACE MARCH 31!

This is the one-day comic event New York has been waiting for! STAN LEE, the man himself, will be present, He is the man who helped define and revolutionize the comic book industry. Stan Lee is known for co-creating Spider-Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Thor and many other iconic characters in the comic book world. There will be autographs, photo ops, and even a special tribute brunch available!

Come and meet some of your favorite artists and comic book legends such as Joe Sinnott, **** Ayers, Carmine Infantino, Jim Steranko, Irwin Hasen, Mark Royer, Arthur Suydam, Bob McLeod, Rich Buckler, Billy Tucci, and many more. Discover up and coming new artists and independent publishers. All of the artists are happy to meet and greet comic book lovers, sign autographs, and many will even draw sketches of their favorite characters.

Also in attendance will be Ethan Philips (Neelix on Star Trek Voyager), Kathy Najimy (King of the Hill, Sister Act, Wall-E) and Johnny Brennan (The Jerky Boys, Family Guy) will also be in attendance signing autographs and greeting fans.

Over 100 dealer tables will be filled with comics old and new, toys, posters, trading cards, videos, and related pop-culture collectibles. This is an opportunity no true fan should miss! The Penn Plaza Pavilion is located at 401 Seventh Avenue at 33rd St., in the historic Hotel Pennsylvania.

Tickets start at only $10 in advance, with special premium options available, including brunch with Stan Lee!

For more info and advance tickets, go to http://www.nycbm.com

mickey
02-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Greetings,

That should be great!

I called Stan Lee back in the 70's and he actually took the call. I heard an older man who was incredibly young inside. I expressed my interest in comic art as a vocation. We talked a little about that because there was nothing available exclusively devoted to that at the time. He had me talk to John Romita (I think) who pretty much told me the same thing. I was forever impressed by Stan's humility, sensitivity, and youth.

I am so happy that he is enjoying the rewards of his efforts.

mickey

MORE: I remember asking Stan if he had a training program for people interested in that field.

doug maverick
03-07-2012, 08:22 PM
new promo spot for the show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcJ2BKlUns8