PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha! Deception!

David Jamieson
03-12-2012, 11:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/tgF8b.gif
I lol'd

Lucas
03-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Thats funny. I wonder if it was intentional or if he realized je was about to het clobbered and acted at the last second

-N-
03-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Nice!

sdfasdfasdf

GeneChing
03-12-2012, 04:07 PM
I've used that on the street and it worked.

And by street, I mean the playground.

The...um...elementary school playground. It was decades ago.

It still worked.

RenDaHai
03-12-2012, 04:15 PM
If that is really deception then that man is the Sun Tzu of MMA.

Good tactics make everything a lot more interesting.

Yao Sing
03-12-2012, 07:42 PM
As I recall he said he was spent but managed to call up a burst of energy to throw that last punch. That was right at the end of the fight.

Yes, he was hurting.

Syn7
03-13-2012, 05:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tgF8b.gif
I lol'd

You never saw that fight? He wasn't playing possum. Scott smith won that fight but left on a stretcher. He was hurt way worse than Pete Sell was. He just had one left in em, that's all. They call him hands of steel after all. What that clip doesn't show is how Smith immediately doubled over and didn't get back up. Pete Sell was drunk at his after party that night while Smith was being treated for broken floaters.

Smith just lost his fourth consecutive fight in Strikeforce recently. He's officially DONE.... He had a good run though. His fights with Cung Le were fun to watch. Better than the Shamrock fight in some ways.

sanjuro_ronin
03-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Leading with your face is never a good idea, no matter what state you m ay thing your opponent is in.

Syn7
03-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Leading with your face is never a good idea, no matter what state you m ay thing your opponent is in.

Had Pete Sell tucked his chin and kept his hands up and closer together he would have won that fight. No doubt about that. You hear it all the time tho, killer instinct is very important. Knowing when to run in and when not to run in is very important. How many times have we seen a guy get his opponent in trouble then gasses out trying to finish him, gets reversed and loses. A good recent example is Maynard Edgar 3. Even tho Edgar didn't win on that crazy turn around, it mos def changed the fight in his favor and Maynard wasn't the same after expending all that energy. In this case one could argue that Edgars killer instinct served him well by not blowing his wad and riding it out till he had a better chance. It won him a very tough fight that at one point he was losing badly.

Shaolin
03-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Smith vs. Sell is still my favorite KO to this day.