PDA

View Full Version : now THIS is Kung Fu!

Sardinkahnikov
03-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Strenght, skill and courage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrX0ohmu1zw&feature=related

fu jow, b1tches! :p

I imagine what kind of high these guys must experience. I'd love to get into the sport, but if the fall doesn't kill me, my old mother surely will

sanjuro_ronin
03-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Awesome, I have so much respect for people that do things that I am too chicken **** to do !!
:D

On a side note, since you mentioned fu jow, I have come to the conclusion that many systems with specialized "hands" came about because their developer had extra ordinary strength/skill in that particular hand.

ShaolinDan
03-22-2012, 11:53 AM
I think it's nuts to go without the harness...but I'm sure it's a good high.
Of all the various grip workouts I've done, rock climbing is the best workout and the most fun...unfortunately it's also the least convenient.

pateticorecords
03-22-2012, 12:38 PM
totally wicked!

Yao Sing
03-22-2012, 12:58 PM
That always freaks me out. Talk about having confidence.

sanjuro_ronin
03-22-2012, 12:59 PM

Well, that's ONE word for it.

pateticorecords
03-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Insaneness is more like it!

sanjuro_ronin
03-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Insaneness is more like it!

I've done HALO's and I have done dives into the ocean and come to shore via scuba.
I've done some stuff that I can't talk about, LOL !
But THAT ****...is...crazy....

Sardinkahnikov
03-22-2012, 02:09 PM
I've done HALO's and I have done dives into the ocean and come to shore via scuba.

Now that you`ve mentioned HALO, it got me thinking: shouldn`t those climbers at least equip themselves with a parachute, or one of those funny looking batsuits base jumpers wear? Guess an extra insurance ruins their adrenaline trip...

don't sweat it man, there are trannies that can fool anyone...we understand...

viper
03-23-2012, 03:12 AM
I always think how are they getting down. I love the dude wearing the helmet if you fall it`s wearing you for protection. Monkey king indeed. Chris Sharma man beast of a climber I love watching him climb he inspired me to do a bit of climbing.

sanjuro_ronin
03-23-2012, 05:50 AM
don't sweat it man, there are trannies that can fool anyone...we understand...

I knew you would.

Xian
03-23-2012, 06:54 AM
One of the guys in the vid, died during one of his climbing trips...

Kind Regards,
Xian

pateticorecords
03-23-2012, 07:44 AM
But THAT ****...is...crazy....

I'm with you... jump out of perfectly good planes, actually the first I was kicked out...hahaha... done rappelling, bungy jumping, ocean cliff jumping, and a bunch of crazy stuff but nothing like this... I don't have the guts for it... I am man enough to admit it....LOL hahahaha:D:D:D

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Rip 3:17

Sardinkahnikov
03-23-2012, 12:58 PM
I knew you would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbkrayRjYek

Ippon.

SteveLau
04-04-2012, 12:54 AM
I do have some appreciation of the skill and guts of these free climbers. But my view of the activity still holds - there is no sport worth dying for.

KC
Hong Kong

WingChunABQ
04-04-2012, 06:54 AM
This is effing insane! It makes me want to go rock climbing. With a harness. Indoors. Where there are mats and coolers full of Gatoraide and nice, young climbing instructors.