PDA

View Full Version : Choy Lay Fut specific Dit Da Jow

kukulcan
03-28-2012, 09:14 PM
I have been making and using a Hung Ga Iron Palm jow formula for a while now, and it works great. I am just curious to see if any other CLF practitioners out there have any recipes that are specific to CLF if such a formula exists. If anyone has any and are willing to share, please PM me. If this thread should of been in the medicine section, I apologize. Thank you!

mickey
03-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Greetings,

This took 5 seconds:

http://www.shenmartialarts.com/displayitem.asp?catalogid=320&id=10&origcat=1

mickey

kukulcan
03-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Let me clarify. I enjoy working with Chinese herbs and am looking for recipes, not alteady made jow. Thank you though!

mickey
03-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Brother,

They HAVE the recipe. You can either inquire or get the herbs directly from them and weigh everything out (my naughtiness is showing).

mickey

CLFNole
03-30-2012, 07:06 AM
I doubt that someone that sells dit da jow commercially is going to just give some one their recipe.

kukulcan
03-30-2012, 03:57 PM
I am of the same thought that they won't easily let go of a recipe they use to commercially sell a product. I have had dealing with Mario before and can get a hold of him for further inquiry.

CLFNole
03-30-2012, 06:36 PM
I don't think dit da jow coming from a certain Kung fu style is important. After all jows are basically similar in nature containing various herbs, alcohol, etc... It is not important what style the jow comes from but rather is the jow good or not. Think about it many Sifu's back in the day made extra money doing dit da for the public and not necessarily for just Kung fu practitioners so all that mattered is whether the jow worked or not.

I wouldn't focus so much on finding a CLF recipe but rather just a very good one regardless of where it comes from. Just make sure you let it sit and ferment for a long time. You will see jows sometimes that do not sit long enough and are sold or used too early. Kind of like drinking a good bottle of wine before its ready.

kukulcan
03-30-2012, 08:42 PM
I completely agree! The stuff I use now works wonderfully. I am only looking for CLF recipes out of curiosity and to try other recipes out there.

I let the recipe I use now sit for three months on the first soak, and another three months for the second soak. It makes a total of three gallons, which lasts a long time for our two schools in central Illinois.

Here are some pictures of the batch currently in process! I even bottle it up nice with a spray top so it doesn't apply messy. I pass these out to my students and keep some at the school for use during classes.