PDA

View Full Version : ******...

Oso
04-04-2012, 07:40 PM
i've stayed away from here, mostly, since 'retiring'...now i'm all nostalgic and ****...:(

IronFist
04-04-2012, 08:43 PM
i've stayed away from here, mostly, since 'retiring'...now i'm all nostalgic and ****...:(

sup bro

your message is too short, please lengthen it to at least 10 characters.

David Jamieson
04-05-2012, 05:09 AM
Drop some ideas and insights at your leisure!

How's your training been going?

Oso
04-05-2012, 05:30 PM
wuzzup, IF.

DJ: well, stopped training MA completely. Shoulder and Hip got to the point that I couldn't train any sort of contact with the shoulder, and couldn't even kick a bag worth a sh!t. Dropped in to Crossfit. Pure strength training alleviated the chronic pain in both joints...stepped back in to some mma training...after 2 weeks, chronic pain was back. stepped back out of ma training...got fed up with idiocy of CrossFit culture...bought a road bike...put a fair amount of miles on it in the last two years...recently sold as I prepare for a move to hawaii: full time sun and moderate temps, a new bike once I get there and a new start to the 'blogging the bear' thread within the next 3-6 weeks. Action Plan: road riding to get the weight off. then yoga to get everything loose again...then, possibly, I'm thinking Judo. Several clubs around the Big Island.

mickey
04-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Hi Oso,

You may want to look into something like standing meditation or/and bagua practices. These practices will help the body heal itself and I do not get the feeling that you are allowing enough time for your body to do that. These practices will DEMAND that you devote the extra time to your care.

You may also want to look at the self care modalities of Reiki.

mickey

Oso
04-06-2012, 03:11 PM
thanks mickey.

wenshu
04-10-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm thinking Judo.

I like the way you think.

got fed up with idiocy of CrossFit culture

What specifically about the culture didn't you like? I'm curious, while I take pleasure ragging on Xfit it does have a some aspects to it that aren't complete shiite.

YouKnowWho
04-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Shoulder and Hip got to the point that I couldn't train any sort of contact with the shoulder, and couldn't even kick a bag worth a sh!t.

This is a general problem in MA training. It's easy to develop combat skill. It's hard to maintain it through old age. Unfortunately, most teachers just don't teach their students how to maintain.