PDA

View Full Version : Pin Sun Wing Chun (new clip)

Jim Roselando
04-09-2012, 05:53 AM
Hello all,

We just posted another Pin Sun Wing Chun clip on youtube!

This short clips is of young Sifu Fung Jia Pei. Fung Jia Pei is the son of my grand teacher, Master Sifu Fung Gen Ju, who was known as a top fighter in the Kulo family. Sifu Fung Jia Pei is only 30 years old but has been involved with his families boxing for more than half his life!

Enjoy:

http://youtu.be/MwmT30DLXyA

We will be back in Kulo next month doing more training, research and visiting the family. More video clips coming very soon.

Peace,

Jim Roselando

www.apricotforesthall.com
www.wingchunillustrated.com
web.mit.edu/qigong

LoneTiger108
04-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Nice clip Jim, but all too brief!!! ;)

Looks sharp so I shared it in my Lee Shing group on Facebook as I know many guys that will recognise what Sifu Fung Jia Pei is doing

wingchunIan
04-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Nice clip Jim, but all too brief!!! ;)

Looks sharp so I shared it in my Lee Shing group on Facebook as I know many guys that will recognise what Sifu Fung Jia Pei is doing

care to enlighten the rest of us mate? i'd love an explanation of what is being shown

LoneTiger108
04-10-2012, 04:02 AM
care to enlighten the rest of us mate? i'd love an explanation of what is being shown

I am quite sure Jim is the best person to tell you exactly what he is doing! I am only aware of what my Sigung Lee Shing studied back in the 1940/50's which is a slight variation on what these guys in Kulo/Gulao are doing now.

My uncle Sifu Joe Lee and his students are much more familiar with it all

wingchunIan
04-10-2012, 04:16 AM
I am quite sure Jim is the best person to tell you exactly what he is doing! I am only aware of what my Sigung Lee Shing studied back in the 1940/50's which is a slight variation on what these guys in Kulo/Gulao are doing now.

My uncle Sifu Joe Lee and his students are much more familiar with it all
fair enough, it was meant to be an open invitation. Its totally alien to me

LoneTiger108
04-10-2012, 04:39 AM
fair enough, it was meant to be an open invitation. Its totally alien to me

It will be dude! The Fung Family had a different method of practise to Ip Mans and it has been something of a 'thorn in my side' for an age!!

My Sigung learnt from many 'Sifus' before meeting Ip Man and becoming a representative of his new 'Athletic Association'. These teachings were very treasured by Lee Shing and only taught to his close students for 'personal preservation' (ie. not for public teaching!) but my uncles, both Austin Goh and Joe Lee have previously tried to present this stuff in the early eighties to much criticism and it was one of the many things that contributed to those Wing Chun Wars! :o

Even to this day my own Sifu will have words with anyone in our family who openly 'promotes' this side of our heritage because we have no right to really, especially considering more recent developments in Kulo/Gulao village. And I can only share what I learnt, and that was never referred to as originating in a specific village it was simply Wing Chun...

sanjuro_ronin
04-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Hammerfists and uppercuts in WC? that's just crazy !
:D

LoneTiger108
04-10-2012, 06:54 AM

:D Maybe... but fme they're all there! ;)

Vajramusti
04-10-2012, 09:10 AM
---------------------------------------------
Sanjuro-Yup! Thanks Jim for the clip.
Spencer do you know what happened to Joseph Cheng- alive, dead... ?

joy chaudhuri

LoneTiger108
04-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Spencer do you know what happened to Joseph Cheng- alive, dead... ?

joy chaudhuri

Yes Joy. He was rumoured to be dead when his book was re-published and the author included a new cryptic sort of foreword, but he is alive and well.

My Sifu is in regular contact with him as he is now in Southern China. He claims that he hasn't trained Wing Chun in many many years and all his hair is now white but as some will know, he was extremely skilled in his youth and that sort of talent doesn't fade with age ;)

Jim Roselando
04-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Hello,

Fung Jia Pei is just demo'ing a few elements of his Wing Chun. I posted this to show some stuff that is not your common wc actions with the hope of others doing the same. I also thought it would be helping others to get a better look at Master Leung Jan's teaching from the 1890's.

The first action is a piece of the Big Wing done with a single hand to show one of its applications. Basically a closed fist "jit jee". The uppercut looking fist is not an uppercut. Notice his follow up after that action is a strike with reverses line mechanics. Its more like a closed fist "gan sao".

Hope this helps!

:)

Peace,

Vajramusti
04-10-2012, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=Jim Roselando;1166518]Hello,

Fung Jia Pei is just demo'ing a few elements of his Wing Chun. I posted this to show some stuff that is not your common wc actions with the hope of others doing the same. I also thought it would be helping others to get a better look at Master Leung Jan's teaching from the 1890's.

The first action is a piece of the Big Wing done with a single hand to show one of its applications. Basically a closed fist "jit jee". The uppercut looking fist is not an uppercut. Notice his follow up after that action is a strike with reverses line mechanics. Its more like a closed fist "gan sao".

Hope this helps!

---Hi Jim- of course it helps.I enjoy seeing the gu lo links.
OTOH---those do not negate Dr Leung Jan's life time work
which influenced Ip man's work.
Dr Jan retired to his village and died in 2 or 3 years afterwards.
The san sik he showed some villagers some applications from a larger body of work.
The fist up and then down -those motions are there in Ip man wing chun
and is easily replicated on the jong.

joy

k gledhill
04-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Hello,

Hope this helps!

Peace,

The line mechanics are similar to our jum inward elbow > direct striking. We also have an 'uppercut looking' action that isn't an uppercut , its re-centering elbows 'n' hips together.

Jim Roselando
04-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Hey Joy,

Hi Jim- of course it helps.I enjoy seeing the gu lo links.
OTOH---those do not negate Dr Leung Jan's life time work
which influenced Ip man's work.

No doubt! Leung Jan's teaching is represented by both his Foshan & Gulao lineages.

Peace,

Jim Roselando
04-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Kevin,

The line mechanics are similar to our jum inward elbow > direct striking. We also have an 'uppercut looking' action that isn't an uppercut , its re-centering elbows 'n' hips together.

Bingo!

Thanks for sharing.

Peace,

LoneTiger108
04-11-2012, 03:16 AM

It's all good stuff Jim, I personally love to see this sort of stuff but it was a bit of a teaser imho!!

And I feel like I must add that this way of training Wing Chun is also getting more common in and around Guangzhou too with many new Sifus springing up all the time, most recently linked to Yiu Choi and others. As Joy has already pointed out, most of the earlier Fatshan and Gulao stuff is present in some Ip Man lineages and this isn't because they know anything about Pin Sun/Gulao WCK as such, it's because Ip Man had already done the work integrating it into what he taught.

The 108 Wooden Man is an excellent example of this fme.

C'mon Jim! You know I know you know the actual 'names' of these sets/movements so please share!! :rolleyes: ;)

Or are you saying these exercises sit outside the formal 12 hands??

GlennR
04-11-2012, 03:38 AM
C'mon Jim! You know I know you know the actual 'names' of these sets/movements so please share!! :rolleyes: ;)

Well why dont you say what they are if you know?

LoneTiger108
04-11-2012, 05:24 AM
Well why dont you say what they are if you know?

Did I say that? No.

Even so, I am sure we use slightly different terms and it will all depend on whether these specific movements are within the 12 hands or if they are additional exercises, perhaps part of a 22 point system instead. Anyway, it's better for Jim to share, as he is the main man here with regards to the Fung Family.

Then again, when I say 'we' I actually mean Joe Lee/Austin Goh students because (like I have said so many times) I was not taught Kulo/Gulao village or PSWCK, although many of my peers say they see it in my movement :) I simply have another understanding of what it is... which I am sure I have also tried to share here!! But not today ;)

Jim Roselando
04-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Spencer,

C'mon Jim! You know I know you know the actual 'names' of these sets/movements so please share!!

Or are you saying these exercises sit outside the formal 12 hands??

JJR wrote:

The first action is a piece of the Big Wing done with a single hand to show one of its applications. Basically a closed fist "jit jee".

The uppercut looking fist is not an uppercut. Notice his follow up after that action is a strike with reverses line mechanics. Its more like a closed fist "gan sao".

First, the whole I Know You Know I Know gave me a chuckle. LOL Do you really want my honest thoughts on that??? ;) :eek:

I wrote what they were doing even tho you think differently. None are a "Complete Set" from the twelve if this is what you are asking or thinking. If so, you are wrong.

The first action is the first piece of Dai Bong set done with a single hand which also happens to be the same idea as the Jit Jee Sao. The only difference is that Jit Jee is done with an open hand. Jit Jee is part of Jit Jee Kum Kiu so the first action is not the full Dai Bong and not the full Jit Jee Kum Kiu but a piece being demo'd just like I said it was.....

The next action was an isolated piece of the Hok Bong set done with a closed fist and also certainly not the complete set. He is breaking some stuff down and isolating it for demo just like I said it was.....

LoneTiger108
04-11-2012, 09:09 AM
First, the whole I Know You Know I Know gave me a chuckle. LOL Do you really want my honest thoughts on that??? ;) :eek:

:D Honesty would be the best option for all of us no?! I'm just happy you at least are beginning to understand my humour!

I wrote what they were doing even tho you think differently. None are a "Complete Set" from the twelve if this is what you are asking or thinking.

As I thought sir!

... the first action is not the full Dai Bong and not the full Jit Jee Kum Kiu but a piece being demo'd just like I said it was.....

The next action was an isolated piece of the Hok Bong set done with a closed fist and also certainly not the complete set. He is breaking some stuff down and isolating it for demo just like I said it was.....

Also, unsurprisingly, this is also as I thought sir!! :)

I have no problem with seniors such as Fung Jia Pei doing this as it does protect the original sets from the internet vultures! I myself, and my Sifu, and even Lee Shing himself done exactly the same and I personally continue to do so because I am not 'teaching online', I am simply sharing ideas.

FYI I am going to one of my uncle Joe Lee's first 'social' events as I bumped into one of his senior students who just happens to now live across the road from me!! Crazy :eek: But I have been asked to possibly share something with his students and I am sure they too will show a few bits so I will see if anything is worth putting up online (with his permission of course!) He is one of the only students of Lee Shing who CAN talk about some of this stuff as it was the main ingredients of his learning.

If I can help in any way share more information and bring our worlds closer together then I am here dude...

CFT
04-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Spencer, there is no doubting your passion for Wing Chun. But you do come across funny sometimes ..... dude. :D

wingchunIan
04-11-2012, 02:55 PM
i've heard lots of names and lots of it looks like an action we have etc but still haven't seen an explanation of what is being demo'ed. What are the proposed applications of the various techniques on display? Its also interesting that no one has made any observations beyond the hands and arms.
I'm determined not to be critical as it is different to what I have been taught, but it would be good if someone in the know could provide some insight into what is supposed to be going on.:confused:

GlennR
04-11-2012, 08:27 PM
i've heard lots of names and lots of it looks like an action we have etc but still haven't seen an explanation of what is being demo'ed. What are the proposed applications of the various techniques on display? Its also interesting that no one has made any observations beyond the hands and arms.
I'm determined not to be critical as it is different to what I have been taught, but it would be good if someone in the know could provide some insight into what is supposed to be going on.:confused:

Kevin had his take on it and cudos to him.
Im sure Jim could give you more specific applications if and when he wanted to.
And Spencer will waffle on about seeing stuff only people "in the know" would recognise, somehow tie it in with Lee Shing (is there anything that man couldnt do!), reiterate how Ip Man was a fighter and a scholar.... and he STILL wont give you an answer

Anyway, rant for the day over ;)

imperialtaichi
04-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Beautiful action, excellent coverage. Don't really care what it is called. If it works, it's good.

Phil Redmond
04-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Those low strikes are in another WC lineage. ;-)

imperialtaichi
04-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Just an observation:

The hexagonal/triangular diagram I posted a few weeks back?

Is anyone else seeing it?

LoneTiger108
04-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Spencer, there is no doubting your passion for Wing Chun. But you do come across funny sometimes ..... dude. :D

Funny ha ha funy? Or funny clown funny??! Am I here for all your amusement? ;)

In case you missed it that too was supposed to be funny...

LoneTiger108
04-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Kevin had his take on it and cudos to him.
Im sure Jim could give you more specific applications if and when he wanted to.
And Spencer will waffle on about seeing stuff only people "in the know" would recognise, somehow tie it in with Lee Shing (is there anything that man couldnt do!), reiterate how Ip Man was a fighter and a scholar.... and he STILL wont give you an answer

Anyway, rant for the day over ;)

Interesting rant that really exposes your lack of understanding me yet again.

There was nothing special about my Sigung, or at least that's what HE thought! He was a chef! His love for Wing Chun was simply what drew people to him and it was his own students that first called him a Master, nobody else. Yes, he learnt from more Sifus than anyone else I have ever heard of. Yes, I do believe the intelligence of Ip Man had the most adverse effect on the Wing Chun we all know today and I will ALWAYS give an answer if I can (as you shoud know already) AND I have shared clips too that are picked to pieces by people with a slight allergy to anything more traditional, like using operatic flare during performances! As this thread clearly shows, some of us do not believe in sharing exactly what it is we do online through Youtube. Get over it.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses, as does the Wing Chun system.

Even here, Jim has shared something you have never learnt and you still can't give credit to others that have experienced at least a taste of what he is talking about.

LoneTiger108
04-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Beautiful action, excellent coverage. Don't really care what it is called. If it works, it's good.

Don't care? Seriously? :confused:

I would have thought that you at least would understand the importance of the kuit that comes with specific sets like the 12 hands, especially consdering you actively promote yourself as a Kulo 22 Sifu???

Did you not learn the language with your actions? And more importantly, what effect would it have on your own teaching ability if you didn't?? Srange comment to say the least...

imperialtaichi
04-12-2012, 02:46 AM
Don't care? Seriously? :confused:

I would have thought that you at least would understand the importance of the kuit that comes with specific sets like the 12 hands, especially consdering you actively promote yourself as a Kulo 22 Sifu???

Did you not learn the language with your actions? And more importantly, what effect would it have on your own teaching ability if you didn't?? Srange comment to say the least...

Spencer, the more I look at it, the more I train, the simpler it is becoming. 12, 22, 40 or whatever, it boils down to more or less 2 types of power generating methods, 3 hand movements and 2 kicks; all the various moves are just extensions of these fundamentals.

The methods (Kuits) are important, names to me are not. ;)

imperialtaichi
04-12-2012, 03:06 AM
Ah, sorry, 3 kicks :D

GlennR
04-12-2012, 03:43 AM
Interesting rant that really exposes your lack of understanding me yet again.

Well where was i wrong? You havent explained the technique... just alluded to it as if you are in the know

There was nothing special about my Sigung, or at least that's what HE thought! He was a chef! His love for Wing Chun was simply what drew people to him and it was his own students that first called him a Master, nobody else. Yes, he learnt from more Sifus than anyone else I have ever heard of.

There you go again

Yes, I do believe the intelligence of Ip Man had the most adverse effect on the Wing Chun we all know today

There you go again.... again!

and I will ALWAYS give an answer if I can (as you shoud know already)

Im yet to see your two bobs worth in regards to whats being shown here

AND I have shared clips too that are picked to pieces by people with a slight allergy to anything more traditional, like using operatic flare during performances!

Wasnt me

As this thread clearly shows, some of us do not believe in sharing exactly what it is we do online through Youtube. Get over it.

Even here, Jim has shared something you have never learnt and you still can't give credit to others that have experienced at least a taste of what he is talking about.

Its mainland style isnt it, i think youll find ive done one more than you (you having done zip)

GlennR
04-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Spencer, the more I look at it, the more I train, the simpler it is becoming. 12, 22, 40 or whatever, it boils down to more or less 2 types of power generating methods, 3 hand movements and 2 kicks; all the various moves are just extensions of these fundamentals.

The methods (Kuits) are important, names to me are not. ;)

Nicely put John
I think the word "coverage" you used earlier was very apt

couch
04-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Ah, sorry, 3 kicks :D

You're dropping gems and you keep your ego out of it. Thanks for your continued contributions.

Cheers,
CTK

k gledhill
04-12-2012, 09:01 AM
I am curious about the vertical axis line ideas...the line seems to shift side to side off the heel pivot ?

I mention this for the connection to the force line created by the elbow n hip idea. If you shift the vertical line you lose the potential force increase at the center-line....all the elbow centering is lost because you move it away from the opponent.

wingchunIan
04-12-2012, 09:23 AM
I am curious about the vertical axis line ideas...the line seems to shift side to side off the heel pivot ?

I mention this for the connection to the force line created by the elbow n hip idea. If you shift the vertical line you lose the potential force increase at the center-line....all the elbow centering is lost because you move it away from the opponent.
Interesting that you should say that Kevin because the "shifting" was one of the things I was hoping someone would explain (along with the various hand positions / transitions) based on the initial inference that this is a relatively advanced practitioner from this lineage. He appears to leave his head on the centre but move his backside from side to side thus pulling the hips away. This way of turning / shifting is contrary to the way my lineage operates (we turn on the centre of the heels directly below the ankle protusion, but the hip position and head position is completely different) so I am interested out of sheer morbid curiosity, I'm sure that there is an explanation and I'd genuinely love to hear it given that it would be so opposite to what I am used to. An explanation of the lan sau type action that seems coupled to what has been described as an uppercut / jum sao would also be good.

CFT
04-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Perhaps it just looks strange in isolation. What does it look like in 2-man application?

k gledhill
04-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Perhaps it just looks strange in isolation. What does it look like in 2-man application?

True WSL often got more challenges from guys seeing him do the abstract Chum Kil form alone, thinking it was 1:1 fighting use .

LoneTiger108
04-12-2012, 10:36 AM

In almost all of the pin sun clips I have seen there seems to be a constant in the way they revolve the waist around their spinal axis which in turn generates their unique torque power. Similar to some of the 108 fme.

I have also taught the chain punch alignment using a very similar method, as a two man interactive set, and much of this stuff is also trained like that. Usig two man sets to develop accuracy and speed is quite common in mainland Wing Chun so it would be good to see some of that too.

k gledhill
04-12-2012, 10:55 AM
We do this hip waist rotation too for power in striking, parrying, unity, ballistic force..

GlennR
04-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Interesting that you should say that Kevin because the "shifting" was one of the things I was hoping someone would explain (along with the various hand positions / transitions) based on the initial inference that this is a relatively advanced practitioner from this lineage. He appears to leave his head on the centre but move his backside from side to side thus pulling the hips away. This way of turning / shifting is contrary to the way my lineage operates (we turn on the centre of the heels directly below the ankle protusion, but the hip position and head position is completely different) so I am interested out of sheer morbid curiosity, I'm sure that there is an explanation and I'd genuinely love to hear it given that it would be so opposite to what I am used to. An explanation of the lan sau type action that seems coupled to what has been described as an uppercut / jum sao would also be good.

Hi Ian
I did a mainland style initially and we had a turn sort of like what he is doing, but not so much the seeming disconnection of butt and head ;)

As Kevin says, turning is used for the increase in power in offense and defense but, id also add, the turn can also create a different angle of attack and/or defense in relation to your opponent. It recreates the line of engagement
Its WC"s version of boxings slip, albeit at contact if you get my point.
It also maintains space between your opponent and yourself, albeit at contact range again (ie , stops a collapse of structure in regards to the hands)

Thats my 40 cents worth

imperialtaichi
04-12-2012, 04:51 PM

Hello WCI,

http://mathforum.org/mathimages/imgUpload/thumb/Logarithmic_spiral_2.PNG/400px-Logarithmic_spiral_2.PNG

The shifting of the weight/axis/centre/dropping follows the path of a small section of spiral. The idea is to slip (slightly) out of front on attack for the purpose of entering the side of the opponent; it is actually an attack with the entire body weight/structure dropping into the opponent.

k gledhill
04-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Hi Ian
I did a mainland style initially and we had a turn sort of like what he is doing, but not so much the seeming disconnection of butt and head ;)

As Kevin says, turning is used for the increase in power in offense and defense but, id also add, the turn can also create a different angle of attack and/or defense in relation to your opponent. It recreates the line of engagement
Its WC"s version of boxings slip, albeit at contact if you get my point.
It also maintains space between your opponent and yourself, albeit at contact range again (ie , stops a collapse of structure in regards to the hands)

Thats my 40 cents worth

yes exactly, we angle as we strike with aligned unity....abstract due the inability to know when to angle as a kata. Chi-sao and sparring helps the package come together.

GlennR
04-12-2012, 08:44 PM
yes exactly, we angle as we strike with aligned unity....abstract due the inability to know when to angle as a kata. Chi-sao and sparring helps the package come together.

I concur ;)

But you dont shift his axis the same do you Kevin?

GlennR
04-12-2012, 08:45 PM
I concur ;)

But you dont shift his axis the same do you Kevin?

Sorry, should have said "your axis"

Jim Roselando
04-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Guys,

Not much time these as work is hectic. Sorry for not replying sooner.

When the body shifts you will notice the head/spine is in the same spot. He rotates on the center and the weight distribution is 50/50. As the body rotates and the weight slightly drops it uses a different method of "mechanics" to power our wing chun than some other lineages. For example: The YKS method of shifting is a bit different where they turn and weight 100/0. We are also different than the heel shifting lines.

If you want to read a bit more this article talks about the Pin Sun's Kim Yeung Ma basics:

http://www.wingchunillustrated.com/2011/09/22/leung-jan’s-kulo-wing-chun/

If you want to see a clear example of the shift. 5 seconds into this clip Master Fung Chun demo's a full shift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AivljJIyyVM

An example of an"application". Lets use the first action. This can be used to deflect and slicing that flows into the attack with a strike to the groin typically.

Someone asked about a retracting looking "lan sao" which is actually a "Lim Sao" (sickle hand). Why? If you notice something about the moves being demo'd both of them are using an "under cycling"! This is the opposite of lets say Wing Chun's Lin Wan Choi which is using the opposite cycling. The skills that fall into the under cycling use the Lim Sao and not Wu Sao which suits the opposite cycle.

2:35 into this clip Master Fung Chun demo's our drop'd shoulders/sunk elbow/body angle plus shows an over cycling punch. Then about 2:55 he demo's and under cycling action with the Lim Sao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8f2-adtfG8&list=UURex0fFs_Ln2o769H3mFfZg&index=9&feature=plcp

Gotta run!

Peace,

Jim Roselando

www.apricotforesthall.com
web.mit.edu/qigong

LoneTiger108
04-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Guys,

Thanks for the efforts Jim, and the excellent clips.

If you notice something about the moves being demo'd both of them are using an "under cycling"! This is the opposite of lets say Wing Chun's Lin Wan Choi which is using the opposite cycling.

This too is something I have tried to explain to some of the people that have come to see me. I had never thought this was anything to do with Gulao stuffs before as I learnt both methods as a 'yum yeurng' jeurng (yin yang palm) including the 'straight line' methods that most tend to use these days. And yes, this means there are basically 3 types of fist mechanics!! And you're right, they all have their specific uses.

I guess if some families have removed 'toksau' from their basics this could explain why this upward rotation is more alien, but then I have never understood the reasoning because toksau is referred to all the time on the wooden man, as much as huensau is in SLT. There are, again, reasons for this fme.

imperialtaichi
04-14-2012, 02:20 AM
If you want to see a clear example of the shift. 5 seconds into this clip Master Fung Chun demo's a full shift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AivljJIyyVM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8f2-adtfG8&list=UURex0fFs_Ln2o769H3mFfZg&index=9&feature=plcp

Beautiful, precise, awesome. I never get sick of seeing Master Fung in action.

GlennR
04-23-2012, 09:42 PM

When the body shifts you will notice the head/spine is in the same spot. He rotates on the center and the weight distribution is 50/50. As the body rotates and the weight slightly drops it uses a different method of "mechanics" to power our wing chun than some other lineages. For example: The YKS method of shifting is a bit different where they turn and weight 100/0. We are also different than the heel shifting lines.

If you want to read a bit more this article talks about the Pin Sun's Kim Yeung Ma basics:

http://www.wingchunillustrated.com/2011/09/22/leung-jan’s-kulo-wing-chun/

Hi Jim, read the article and gee it sounds like what we did. Endless horse training with the left, centre right a big part of that. And the turn and slight sink as well.

So let me get this right, you are 50/50 all the time and turn of the "K-1" area?

Thanks Glenn