PDA

View Full Version : your favorite?

MIKSANSOO
11-01-2001, 08:54 PM
just to bring up a new topic. what is your favorite strike (location and with what), favorite takedown, and favorite lock,leverage, etc..

"you can take my life, but not my confidence"
Jimmy H. Woo

Tigerstyle
11-01-2001, 08:57 PM
Strike: front kick to the gut

Grapple: choke (rear naked choke, if someone is interested in responding with a witty gay remark :) )

chokeyouout2
11-01-2001, 08:59 PM
str8 right down the pipe to left hook set up to thai kick to the quad

doubleleg to slam to kimura from anywhere

When you'r telling one of your little stories, here's a idea; Have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

Johnny Hot Shot
11-01-2001, 09:01 PM
Grion is my favorite target sruck with fist or tiger claw (grab and yank).
Favorite takedown is double leg although mine still needs alot of work.
Fovorite lock is ring finger trigger hold, You'd be suprized hom imobilizing just one finger can be.
Leverage ??
I would have to say hip toss, I'm not to sure if I understand that one.
My favorite kick is spinning back kick.
Favorite strike is spear hand or head butt.
My favorite color Gi is black.
My favorite manufacturer of fine quality gi's is Tokaido.
My favorite MA shoe is adidas although I am expecting a delivery of Dicipline High tops any day.

Good fun post.

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

Braden
11-01-2001, 09:05 PM
Elbow to the mastoid. Puter kepala. Neck crank.

Robinf
11-01-2001, 09:09 PM
Of late, my favorite shot is a toe kick to the throat. That's just for sparring fun--I like the control work on the muscles.

For actual use, my favorite is a combination--grab, pull down to own waist and strike with fist to face. This one works well for me usually.

Johnny,

Tell me how you like those Discipline hi-tops. I need new sneakers and I can't find the ones I like (Aesics wrestling).

Robin

Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Johnny Hot Shot
11-01-2001, 09:13 PM
I'll give you a full report on the Disciplines next week after I have worn them through a few workouts. ;)

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

MIKSANSOO
11-01-2001, 09:24 PM
my favorite stike(s) i got to roundhouse kick to inside of knee or hammer to base of skull when the opponent is buckled over.

favorite takedown is either kick to back of the knee or single leg-sweep combo

favorite leverage or lock is something that look like a keyhole but its for quick dislocation

"you can take my life, but not my confidence"
Jimmy H. Woo

HopGar
11-01-2001, 09:39 PM
Fav punch - punch straight to the throat

Fav kick - kick straight down on the kneecap

Fav Takedown - Trap knee then knockleg down out from under

Fav hand strike - open hand grab to the throat

My favorite place to hit is to the throat or to the gut

Zvika

"He's not dead, 'es resting! Well if 'e's resting, I'll wake him up! 'Ello Mr. Polly Parrot...." -Monty Python, Dead Parrot Sketch

Jaguar Wong
11-01-2001, 11:14 PM
Strike: Rear leg Roundhouse - target depends on the "twitchiness" of the victim. If they react to every little movement, then of course you fake low, and hammer them across the jaw. I've also been fond of the overhand left, and the lead hand hook to the gut (or the one two, hook to the gut, hook to the head in Praying Mantis).

Takedown: Single leg. I've got my own version that works for me, but I can't follow to the ground very well with it. I also like the scissor leg sweep.

Lock: Armbar. From the guard or mount...it don't matter :)

I also really like the hip throws and trips that I've been stealing from Ba Gua, and Praying Mantis. I'm also lately becoming fond of the O Soto Gari. Or at least the Kung Fu version of it that I've been using (I started using it becuase one of the guys I spar with did some Judo, and for a small guy, he uses it very well). ;)

Vasco, that double leg slam to the Kimura sounds pretty tight. FEAR THE KIMURA! :mad:

Jaguar Wong

"If you learn to balance a tack hammer on your head
then you learn to head up a balanced attack!"
- The Sphinx

shaolinboxer
11-01-2001, 11:27 PM
Straight blast, lead hook.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-01-2001, 11:28 PM
if favorate were defined as most used in sparring ..

hands .. ape punch, backfist, or inverted punch (sneeky little fu cker i manage to get in allot)

legs . . groin kick, round to ankle, or sk to knee

where's my beer?

Slayer
11-01-2001, 11:31 PM
A good punch to the stomac then a hard chop to the adams apple.

Slayer

"I never let my schooling interfere with my education"
- Mart Twain

JWTAYLOR
11-01-2001, 11:42 PM
As for a strike, either a rear hand hook to the temple or floating ribs or the simple straight on hammerfist to the bridge of the nose. With either one clear the lead hand with a grab pulling it to your hip with your front hand.

Kick, front thrust to the bladder area is hard to beat for raw effectiveness.

Throw, the Tai Chi Chuan "Brush Knee, Twist". Espcially if they throw a rear leg roundhouse.

Lock, go from a standing arm bar to a wrist lock. Place the hand on your hip and step back quickly. Goes from a good lock to an incredible throw. Also works going from armbar to figure 4. In that case, sweep the leg for good measure.

Choke, one arm up sleeper. Cause it works and it looks pretty embarrasing for the guy as well.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Shaolin36
11-01-2001, 11:53 PM
Charp Choy to the throat or right below the nose.

eviljungle
11-02-2001, 05:13 PM
Closed hand technique: Backfist to temple

Open hand: palm strike to face followed by wrist strike to temple

or any elbow strike

Kick: Crossheel to knee

Lock: when attacker grabs both shoulders from behind and you encircle his arms and nail him in the face. Not much of a lock though is it? :D