PDA

View Full Version : Beijing martial arts weapon / supply stores

Schaubroeck
04-19-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm going to be in Beijing next week and was hoping to pick up a few traditional weapons and some equipment to bring back home to Canada with me. Are there any good places you'd recommend I check out? Also, do you know a place that sells combat steel fans (i.e. not wushu).

Thanks in advance,
- Matt

GeneChing
04-23-2012, 02:10 PM
I never found any good martial arts supply stores as such. There were swords available at tons of tourist booths, but most of them were lousy. Sometimes you'd luck out and find something interesting. It would usually be the dustiest, most neglected piece in the offerings.

If you're looking for traditional, check out the antiques on the top floor of the Hongqiao market. ;)

Schaubroeck
04-30-2012, 05:57 AM
Sorry to bump an old post but any info on this topic is seriously lacking on the 'Net so I thought I'd put it up here for future reference.

There's a great weapon shop I found by Beijing Sport University - it's a hard-to-find basement shop on Xinxi Lu on the East side in the parking lot with the 7 Days Inn, just south of Shangdi Lu. Great short and long weapon selection, as well as other gear. Worth checking out for any weapon collector! I attach photos of their business card - I have no idea what it says but it may help others.