PDA

View Full Version : Blades

Gatekeeper
11-01-2001, 09:35 PM
Just curious... who all carries a knife in everyday activity?

The Gatekeeper

Johnny Hot Shot
11-01-2001, 09:56 PM
I used to but not anymore.

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

MaFuYee
11-01-2001, 10:07 PM
one day some of these bastids on kfo convinced me that the cheapo folding knives i used to carry weren't good enough, and that i need to spend money on a good kinfe. - **** them!

so, i started carrying an emerson commander...
my co-workers started giving me funny looks when i'd whip it out to open an envelope. (...well, ok, so they always have given me funny looks... but, now they started looking like they were fearing for their lives.) - so i stopped carrying that one, and opted for the much friendlier, and cuter, ken onion, chive.

Why would you say that I am insane? I wouldn't say that I've lost my mind simply because I've heard the voices and seen the godless things moving in the woods. If anything, I think more clearly now than ever before. - Ash

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-01-2001, 10:10 PM
my sword is sitting in the corner of my cubicle.

where's my beer?

nightair
11-01-2001, 10:12 PM
Yup. I carry a tactical with a 3 ince blade at all times. It is good for a lot of stuff.

DOH!!

JWTAYLOR
11-01-2001, 10:16 PM
Always. The original San Mail 3 Cold Steel large folding tanto.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

MaFuYee
11-01-2001, 10:27 PM
gda:

what is it, a cheapo wall-hanger?
(440 stainless?)

you need to buy a $6,000
don fogg L6 tool steel katana.

the wall hanger are no good. - they would actually be dangerous to use.

Why would you say that I am insane? I wouldn't say that I've lost my mind simply because I've heard the voices and seen the godless things moving in the woods. If anything, I think more clearly now than ever before. - Ash

myosimka
11-01-2001, 11:26 PM
Carry a Kabar in my car and a tactical folder on me. handy for all kinds of things. Also skydive so I have a number of hook knives I carry from time to time. I also have a few tantos in my gym bag so I have those with me fairly regularly. Doesn't make me a psycho though. Really.

People are always kind of stunned to find out because I am a pretty vocal advocate of reasonable gun laws. You never can tell.

MixedMartialArtist
11-01-2001, 11:34 PM
I carry a 4 inch folder (Jaguar) on me at all times, and I own a butterfly knife, but I don't carry it for obvious reasons.

Chris McKinley
11-02-2001, 07:45 AM
I'm a walking cutlery store most of the time.

Johnny Hot Shot
11-03-2001, 08:20 AM
My new BLADE (http://www.sogknives.com/pentagon.htm). B@ST@RDS! :D ;)

TaoBoxer
11-06-2001, 04:48 AM
Back in my paranoid days I carried 2. Usually a straight blade on my strong side and a folder on the weak. Now I usually just carry the folder. On my duty belt I have a Applegate-Fairbarn folder and a multi-tool.

Bagua is a great art with a lot of good blADE APPLICATIONS.

sultanpro
11-06-2001, 05:29 AM
I got one in the car.

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

Sharky
11-06-2001, 05:29 AM
I'm looking to buy one right NOW. Why'd you get that one loc qui, is it good?

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Sharky
11-06-2001, 05:30 AM
and how fast does the blade come out on that one?

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Johnny Hot Shot
11-06-2001, 08:12 AM
Mate I chose that one because it is a SOG I have another SOG one of the clip versions that I am very fond of. I like the sleekness and the blade of the one that is linked.

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

Kristoffer
11-06-2001, 02:30 PM
ohh man I love knives... its fun to have them on airplanes too :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"