PDA

View Full Version : Mooyingmantis needs your support

ginosifu
05-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Richard Tolson aka Mooyingmantis is going in for heart surgery today..... Please everyone send your thoughts, prayers, good energy etc etc his way.

ginosifu

ps: his wife is updating his status thru FB:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=750549480

sanjuro_ronin
05-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Richard and His family are in my prayers.

ShaolinDan
05-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to you, Richard.

SPJ
05-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Prayer and best wishes.

Featherstone
05-02-2012, 07:45 AM
best wishes to him and his family!

GeneChing
05-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Gino.

Lucas
05-02-2012, 09:11 AM
positive thoughts headed his way!!

pateticorecords
05-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Our prayers are with you Richard! Many blessings!

WingChunABQ
05-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you, Richard

Hebrew Hammer
05-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Everyone chill the F**k out! I got this...The Keifang Hammer has spoken. A rapid recovery Rich, you have my well wishes!!!

mickey
05-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Greetings,

May your recovery be a full one.

mickey

David Jamieson
05-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Good luck and a speedy recovery!

holymantis
05-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery, and prayers all goes well.

regards roy:D

Dale Dugas
05-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Brother,

Hoping all is well after the procedure.

Good luck with everything.

Let me know how I can be of service to you.

TaichiMantis
05-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery

TenTigers
05-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Best wishes, get well soon.

Lee Chiang Po
05-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Anyone know exactly what sort of procedure he is going to have?

ginosifu
05-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Anyone know exactly what sort of procedure he is going to have?

"This is an update on Richard. His catheterization was done today. It revealed that 3 of the arteries were blocked. So tomorrow Wed. at 12:00PM he is scheduled for a triple bypass. He will be in the hospital until Monday. He will be off work for about 5 weeks. He is taking this all in stride. We will see what tomorrow brings. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I'll try to post tomorrow. His wife, Carol Tolson"

This is a FB post from his wife

ginosifu

tattooedmonk
05-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Best wishes and speedy recovery. Take care.

xiao yao
05-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Best wishes to Richard

Im sure he will make a speedy recovery and before he knows will be training with me in Yantai :-)

Runlikehell
05-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Best wishes, and here's to a quick recovery.

ginosifu
05-03-2012, 04:09 AM
Update on Richard from his wife:

"This is the update #2 on Richard. He has surgery took about 7 hours. He is currently in the Cardiac ICU. He will be there until he is ready to come home (about 4 or 5 days). He is on many monitors and is doing well . He is being well cared for. Due to the severity of his condition and the need for extra of rest, I would like to request that people send well wishes, and prayers though facebook. I would also like to request that people not come visit him at the hospital. I understand that many people would like to visit but this is a time he needs to heal and rest. Thank you for your great understanding and all your concerns. I will try to keep you posted. His wife Carol Tolson"

ginosifu

mickey
05-03-2012, 05:36 AM
Greetings,

Please ask if distant Reiki support would be appreciated. Would just need state and location

mickey

GETHIN
05-03-2012, 08:21 AM
My best wishes for a speedy recovery. I am looking forward to seeing you back on here asap.

PalmStriker
05-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Hopes for Healing up , guy! :)

Lee Chiang Po
05-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Heart surgeries are nothing short of miraculous now. 22 years ago they could do wonders, now they can even greater wonders. No one has to die from heart blockage any more if caught early enough. I wonder if he sustained any heart damage from infarction? If not, then he will be as good as new, literally. He will be way much better then he was prior to the surgeries. There should be nothing short of crossing against the street light to keep him from living a long and productive life. I am pulling for him.

ginosifu
05-04-2012, 05:16 PM
I spoke with him on the phone briefly today. He sounds in good spirits, however I did not probe him for any details. Everything is going slow, but no problems.... and on his way to recovery.

ginosifu

xiao yao
05-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Good to hear he's on his way to recovery

IronWeasel
05-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Get well soon.

Jimbo
05-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Wishing the best for you and a very speedy recovery, Richard!

LaterthanNever
05-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Best Wishes for Richard for a speedy and sound recovery!

mooyingmantis
05-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Friends, it is very heart-warming to hear your well-wishes!

This hit us out of the blue. Though diabetes and heart disease runs in both sides of my family, I had no idea that the main artery that fed my heart was 99% closed.

I Had been training much more vigorously in anticipation of my trip to China in June.

It was then that I started experiencing minor chest pain. LOoking at how severely damaged my heart was before bypass surgery, I see now that I may not have survived the trip.

So, now it back to more healthy eating habits and several months of physical recovery.

Thank you for being there!

And thanks especially to Gino! As a student, friend and kung fu brother, he has alwaya represented the best values practiced by kung fu men around the world!

ShaolinDan
05-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Great to see you're doing ok. All about being patient now. Too bad about your China trip... Rest hard.

ginosifu
05-06-2012, 03:41 PM

This hit us out of the blue. Though diabetes and heart disease runs in both sides of my family, I had no idea that the main artery that fed my heart was 99% closed.

I Had been training much more vigorously in anticipation of my trip to China in June.

It was then that I started experiencing minor chest pain. LOoking at how severely damaged my heart was before bypass surgery, I see now that I may not have survived the trip.

So, now it back to more healthy eating habits and several months of physical recovery.

And thanks especially to Gino! As a student, friend and kung fu brother, he has alwaya represented the best values practiced by kung fu men around the world!

Several people in my life have had heart surgury recently. Some had a family history of heart disease and some it hit them out of the blue (no family history, no bad eating habits etc). It a serious issue for me since I will be 50 this coming January and heart disease runs in my family.

Bad eating habits / poor eating choices make us more prone to plaque / platelet build up even though we may be exercising and doing kung fu etc.

Hang in there Richard, fewer jelly doughnuts and more brocoli. Take my advise and try not to eat to much of that hospitol food.... it'ill kill ya! Recently my father had 2 Heart attacks, Mom had 1, wife Anita had 3 kids in the last 5 years so I have eaten a lot of hospitol food recently. Stuff is worse than eating at Burger King everyday for lunch.

ginosifu

sanjuro_ronin
05-07-2012, 05:50 AM

Glad to hear everything went well and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Oso
05-09-2012, 05:51 AM
Glad everything went well! My dad had quad bypass 15 years ago. Did wonders for him. Here's to your continued recovery!